• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Crypto-Mystery Would You Like To See Solved?

A

Anonymous

Everyone loves a mystery, especially a monster mystery but in your lifetime what monster mystery would you like to see solved ? Nessie ? Bigfoot ? Chupcabras ? Yeti ? None ?

For me, it would be a toss-up between Caddy and Ogopogo. I think both are fascinating. I think that Caddy is most likely to be real of the two...because it has the entire ocean in which to hide. Also because so many of the witness reports describe a similar animals. Also, because there have been two captured (both let go) and several photographs taken of carcasses.

I may be morbid, but I find the reports of swimmers coming in contact with Ogopogo to be very interesting. There are at least two deaths that are blamed on Ogopogo...one in 8 feet of clear water with no current and the victim was a lifeguard. Also, there was a report of a swimmer being bumped out of the way as an Ogopogo surfaced. She climbed onto the diving raft and watched the tail come out of the water. Interesting...

well i think the biggest one for me would be the whole alien thing (the little greys.. is that crytozoology???).. but that would be really life changing and stuff so maybe not... hmmn well id like to see bigfoot or orang pendeks being discovered so i guess id need to choose that.. but i also would like to see that dinosaurs still exist!! damn thats a hard question :eek!!!!:

big foot - final answer

On the Cryptozoology front I would have to say the Yeti/Sasquatch is no.1, with lake monsters in general second.

The Marsupial big cat and wolf would be next with those weird flying worm things up there too.

Yes I'd like to see the Yeti/Bigfoot mystery solved too. It would be great to see some genuine photos which show what it really looks like.

But, if one were caught and found to be some sort of relation to homo sapiens, what would we do with it? Take a few tests and leave it to carry on as before? Put it in a zoo as part of a breeding programme? 'Civilize' it? With the solving of the mystery, I suspect tragedy for the yeti would also occur.

Carole

I think I'd go along with Caddy or Ogopogo,with Bigfoot/Yeti close behind.

What would I like to see solved? I would LOOOVE some kind of answer one way or another, as to the possiblity of Bigfoot/Yeti/Skunk Apes/Aliens etc. being of ultraterrestrial origin, as opposed to being based one hundred pecent on our sense of dimensional solipism.
I would love it if instead of cryptozoologists discovering proof of the existance of such entities, it was found by physicists! Imagine the press conference for that one.
Or better yet, imagine the reaction of "Dr. Who" fans everywhere if creatures who have mastered moving about through time as if it were space, were hairy, smelly, homonids who seem to have the intelligence of a lower life form, instead of being from Gallifrey!
Barring that, I would love to see the Mothman mystery solved. I just love the dark paranoid feeling I get when I read Mr. John Keel's books.

I guess I'd love to see again big creatures that were supposed to have disappeared long ago, be it dinosaurs, giant sloth, moas...you name them.
And if Bigfoot qualifies as a possible "extinct big ape", that would be nice too.

Ah, I'd settle with a Tasmanian tiger. I'm not too difficult.

Orang pedek, and more generally the Yeti/Bigfoot/Sasquatch.
It would be nice if Tasmanian Wolves were discovered still alive, hopefully a breeding population.

after just watching walking with beasts id say the giant ground sloths and evidence of them still being around???

I would like to see a yowie or junjardie{smaller blue /black version} found. Alternately to find a yarrie (native tiger about 1 metre tall body size of a 5 gallon drum and 5 to 6 feet long excluding tail. Perhaps the greater or lesser bunyip would suffice too. Blow it all I want to see Burunjor prooved and found as well, because I want to see the faces of those who have told me the only dangerous things in the Australian bush are snakes,pigs and crocs.If you ever have spent time in the bush,you will know weirdness abounds, particually at night when alot of animals hunt. Im sure the last of the megafauna still exists in the last pockets of tropical rainforest,and roaming the savanna of the Gulf of Carpentaria. To see one of the great Goannas (giant monitor lizards) which have been reported from 30 to 50 feet long weighing up to 3000lbs, wander in from the great sandy desert,and molest a town again like one did in euroa Vic,in the 1890S would definately tickle my fancy.The doubters would have a hard time refuting that.:cool:

Bisto- they have found evidence of ground sloths, kind of. there is a big bit of skin with hair attached in the nat. hist. museum in london that belonged to a giant ground sloth (megatherium). It was RC dated to a couple of thousand years ago but loks very fresh.
Wildman- would be very interested to hear more about the native australian cryptids. Is a yarrie similar to a queensland tiger (something identified as possibly similar to Thylacoleo the marsupial lion?). What about info on the giant Goanna? was it reported in any papers of the time? Sounds a bit like Megalania, giant monitor liard for which fossils have been found in oz.
ta.

yarrie

yes thats right, the yarrie is the Qld tiger,they are reported around here,and also when the first gold miners settled Gympie they also reported plenty of native cats,which they used to knock out of the trees and kill ,these were not tiger quolls,but something different.Stan Tutts book of The Sunshine Coast,has a photo of one shot at Kennelworth in the 50s.They are reported to be very quick,and when a spotlight hits them they are gone,a normal cat will sit in a spotlight for 2 seconds allowing a shot at the feral. These cats reportedly like sucking the blood out of poultry combs.They are known to move around in winter(ha ha) our dry season when game thins out in the scrubs.

CRYPTO MYSTERY SOLVED

I'd like to have the Thunderbird mystery solved. Wouldn't it be a kick if a live Thunderbird was photographed and observed (not captured- God knows what would happen to it if it was taken into capitivity!)

Don't care if it turned to be a prehistoric survivor or an unknown species of gigantic bird- just knowing that it really exists would be thrill enough!

it would be cool if the ica stones of peru where true

these stones were supposidly found by some scientist guy and the carvings on the stone show ancient incas performing such tasks as brain surgery, flying planes and riding dinosaurs. I dont think they are real tho but who knows

What about the killer worm in the chinese desert - can't remeber the details but it was in an old copy of FT somewhere.? Failing that Megladon (from another thread) would be interesting -cue music from jaws).

from memory it's the Mongolian death worm or Orghoi khorkoi?
that sound about right?

Mongolian death worm sounds right, though who would look for something called the Mongolian death worm, have to be certifieble.

Wildman, Any chance of a getting a look (webwise) of the pic you talk about? What about newspaper cuttings in relation to the Goanna sighting.

quilty said:
For me, it would be a toss-up between Caddy and Ogopogo. I think both are fascinating. I think that Caddy is most likely to be real of the two...because it has the entire ocean in which to hide. Also because so many of the witness reports describe a similar animals. Also, because there have been two captured (both let go) and several photographs taken of carcasses.

I may be morbid, but I find the reports of swimmers coming in contact with Ogopogo to be very interesting. There are at least two deaths that are blamed on Ogopogo...one in 8 feet of clear water with no current and the victim was a lifeguard. Also, there was a report of a swimmer being bumped out of the way as an Ogopogo surfaced. She climbed onto the diving raft and watched the tail come out of the water. Interesting...

Do you have a link to these stories of the deaths attributed to Ogopogo?.....very interesting.

sureshot

Allghoi khorkhot: The killer worm of the Gobi Dessert

Hello,

I would like to know if the Allghoi khorkhoi (the killer worm of the Gobi Dessert). The article about this creature appeared in the June 1996, issue of Fate Magazine under the title "In Search of the Killer Worm," by Ivan Mackerle, also the investigator.

The worm is described as looking like an intestine filled with blood
with 'the ability to kill at a distance' upto 10 meters' with either a
venom, toxin, or acid like chemical. It also would appear that the
creature has either telepathic or empathic abilities, since it made
an attack on Mr. Mackerle in a dream that resulted in physical damage to the skin on his back and nearly fatal heart damage.

For the complete story try to get a copy of the June 1996, issue of Fate Magazine. Thanks.

Eddie Brewton

Hey I saw something about that goanna on discovery (creatures fantastic). It was mainly about this 15 ft long lizard like a heavy set komodo. Anyway theren is an ancient hasbro book of cryptozoological mysteries and there is supposed to be a giant dune crocodile? + family living in the australian scrub. It was 60-70 ft long and the book had pictures of mangled cars and cars cut in half as "proof" of dune crocodile attacks. Also the giant prehistoric python living in the sahara. supposed to die out 5000 years ago, but many reports that they live underground and come out at night. They are about 20-30 ft long which isn't that big but then people said they had found all the big animals on the planet.

Its not really a crypto mystery but I would like to see an end to the mass extinction currently going on on our planet so that creatures like pandas/big cats do not become the crypto mysteries of the future.

(I realise that this answer sounds a bit Miss-Worldish though)

J'aimerais et souhaiterais que megalania existe toujours et soit protege cordialement jozeff

I don't think it's that likely that the Megalania still exists. Thankfully!

While Nessie, Bigfoot and Chupacabras are great, I’d like to go smaller and more intimate. After reading about Toxoplasma Gondii, I started wondering what our own inner bacteria may be up to. It seems they could be controlling us.

While it is unclear exactly how this occurs, the authors believe this diverse community of microbes, collectively known as the gut microbiome, may influence our decisions by releasing signaling molecules into our gut. Because the gut is linked to the immune system, the endocrine system and the nervous system, those signals could influence our physiologic and behavioral responses.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2014/08/116526/do-gut-bacteria-rule-our-minds

Another fortean puzzle I'd like to see solved is that of Atlantis. Did it really exist? Where was it, if it did?

Any prehistoric survivor would be amazing, but I reckon a live Mokele M'bembe would be the most mind-blowing of all.

Back