• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

We've had a majorly malfunctioning toilet recently. I sent for a plumber, well, a drains expert, and they came out today.

Turned out that the problem was far worse than we imagined and has cost a fortune to put right. I think my subconscious knew all this in advance.

Anyway... I dreamed of this situation last night before the drains blokes arrived. In the dream I walked into my bathroom and saw Boris Johnson standing there in a wife-beater and voluminous blue and white striped boxers, looking like the fat ridiculous git that he is.

I said 'I don't know what I'm going to do with you. You're just a big mess and you're going to cost SO much money which is such a waste!'

So there I was talking to Boris who personified my faulty toilet, being full of shit, liberal with my hard-earned money and generally a load of trouble.

Boris mumbled some paltry words of insincere apoloogy and l sneered in absolute contempt.

At that point Techy walked in with a brew and woke me up, or I dread to think what use I might have put Boris to.
Did the sewer collapse or something?

Apparently I was swearing at the Mrs when I was asleep on our settee a couple of days ago, she said it was really funny but she wasn't able to record me on her phone in time. I was saying "Fuckin F-F Fuckin!!" she tells me. I have a fuzzy memory of her telling me I wasn't asleep and that I was just pretending which she denies, I do remember telling her "You're just plucking stuff out of the air!" although I was definitely asleep I'm told and she doesn't remember me saying that.

The last one she remembers me saying a few years back was "The Polish police are coming to pinch me." in a posh voice ..

Did the sewer collapse or something?

Naah, the previous owners had a cowboy plumbing job done (think I've explained on the Whinge thread) and it's taken all these years for the outside pipe to back up completely. Horrific!

A gorgeous tiny black and white kitten. I was choked when I woke and found him gone.

Maybe he is your spirit animal!
Or maybe that kitten is out there somewhere waiting to come to you, or even still waiting to be born.

I knew Techy was the one for me when he revealed his love of cats. Since we've been together we've owned lots, usually in fours. We currently have only three so I'm waiting for someone to tell me there's a poor cat who needs a loving home ASAP and do I know anyone...?

Our Tim, the famous Lazarus tomcat, adores Techy and is loved right back. You've never seen two mammals so soppy together.
When one of our moggies dies (they're all rehomes so often quite old when we get them) we dream about them being fussed by a deceased close relation who was equally besotted with cats. Who knows if we're having a glimpse of pet care behind the Veil?

So yeah, keep an ear open for news of that kitten!

I actually had a dream.
I went along to a comedy club and went down into this big basement, where there were a few people sitting at tables.
I sat down and just as the comedian was about to speak, I was awoken at 2 am by some twit loudly whizzing past the house on a motorbike.

Funny thing but when my daughter came home from work she said she'd woken last night and felt quite itchy.
The sheets were newly washed and had been in the dryer after I brought them in but it's possible an ant had been in them as they are often on the clothesline.

Not so much a dream, but I didn't know where else to put this.

Anyway one morning about a week or so ago I woke up to Mr Zebra telling me (in these exact words) that "Leonardo Di Caprio's just died."

Except... Mr Zebra said no such thing. It was his voice as clear as day, and in my right ear, but he didn't actually tell me that at all; he was asleep (and lying on the other side of me, closest to my left ear, to boot). Guess it was one of those hypnopompic / hypno-other thing whatsits.

Strange, though, because (a) I'm not really a fan of this actor and hadn't been watching anything he'd been in, or hearing anything about him on the news recently or owt, and (b) clearly nothing has happened to him.

So... I dunno. Strange?

That's odd - earlier this week I had a dream where I was hearing about Ewan McGregor's death. Had to check online when I got up to make sure he was all right, it was that convincing.

Almost forgot about Friday's dream! There I was, Thursday night, looking forward to Friday morning's instalment of "Even Greater Sydney Planning Committee" on the radio when I woke up. Friday morning duly arrived, and I switched off the 'buzzer' alarm which is usually a signal to get into waking-up mode and lie there enjoying the radio show until it's time to get up.

But I must have fallen back to sleep because next thing I knew, Mr Zebra was waking me up, it was 7am and we'd be late for work if we didn't move it. 7am! Oh no! That means I'd missed the radio show!

It was only later on that I recalled the dream I'd had that night... or rather early that morning... Mr Zebra and I were in Australia, on some sort of open-top train, and Mr Zebra was talking a lot, but he sounded exactly like H G Nelson (he's one of the presenters of that show), and he was saying all sorts of transport-related things. I even said to Mr Zebra, in the dream, "You're talking just like H G Nelson!"

Yep, that's right... I'd heard the radio show, in my dream. Annoyingly though, it clearly didn't filter into my brain strongly enough to actually wake me up so I could properly hear it. :mad:

Almost forgot about Friday's dream! There I was, Thursday night, looking forward to Friday morning's instalment of "Even Greater Sydney Planning Committee" on the radio when I woke up. Friday morning duly arrived, and I switched off the 'buzzer' alarm which is usually a signal to get into waking-up mode and lie there enjoying the radio show until it's time to get up.

But I must have fallen back to sleep because next thing I knew, Mr Zebra was waking me up, it was 7am and we'd be late for work if we didn't move it. 7am! Oh no! That means I'd missed the radio show!

It was only later on that I recalled the dream I'd had that night... or rather early that morning... Mr Zebra and I were in Australia, on some sort of open-top train, and Mr Zebra was talking a lot, but he sounded exactly like H G Nelson (he's one of the presenters of that show), and he was saying all sorts of transport-related things. I even said to Mr Zebra, in the dream, "You're talking just like H G Nelson!"

Yep, that's right... I'd heard the radio show, in my dream. Annoyingly though, it clearly didn't filter into my brain strongly enough to actually wake me up so I could properly hear it. :mad:

*nods sagely* Yup, I've had similar. When the first announcement of Princess Di's death was made in the early hours I'd left the radio on all night, as I often did. Had no idea about the accident before bedtime apart from a passing mention on the late news about a minor motor accident in Paris having left a member of the royal family slightly injured...

However, at 4am or whenever, when the announcer began to interrupt the programme with the news I woke up suddenly and sat bolt upright. As if I'd heard hints already in my sleep.

I remember him from This Sporting Life.

Just found out he is a character: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greig_Pickhaver

I've just woken up from a nap .. I was travelling on buses in my dream and ended up at a large cathedral. I was walking about inside it and people were bustling about setting up a tea and cakes counter when someone looking out of a window said "It's the Dalai Lama!" .. I rushed outside and sure enough he was walking up to the door with a line of monks behind him, I opened the door for him out of respect receiving approving nods from the monks .. then I found myself somehow on some type of ancient scaffolding high up on the outside of the cathedral, I looked through a gap barely covered over with wood and I saw loads of infant sized wooden coffins. I went inside the room although I realised I shouldn't be there and looked at a few mummified kids, everything in the room seemed to be from the Victorian era .. then a man with his back to me who I hadn't noticed had entered the crypt room pulled a cord to alert whoever that I was there so I ran off. Weird f*****g dream.

I've just woken up from a nap .. I was travelling on buses in my dream and ended up at a large cathedral. I was walking about inside it and people were bustling about setting up a tea and cakes counter when someone looking out of a window said "It's the Dalai Lama!" .. I rushed outside and sure enough he was walking up to the door with a line of monks behind him, I opened the door for him out of respect receiving approving nods from the monks .. then I found myself somehow on some type of ancient scaffolding high up on the outside of the cathedral, I looked through a gap barely covered over with wood and I saw loads of infant sized wooden coffins. I went inside the room although I realised I shouldn't be there and looked at a few mummified kids, everything in the room seemed to be from the Victorian era .. then a man with his back to me who I hadn't noticed had entered the crypt room pulled a cord to alert whoever that I was there so I ran off. Weird f*****g dream.
Salisbury Cathedral.

Salisbury Cathedral.
Salisbury did cross my mind after I'd written up this dream but I've never been there .. I used to enjoy visiting Lichfield Cathedral when I was a teenager so that's probably the inspiration? ..

alichfield-cathedral.jpg

Salisbury did cross my mind after I'd written up this dream but I've never been there .. I used to enjoy visiting Lichfield Cathedral when I was a teenager so that's probably the inspiration? ..

View attachment 12039

I had a dream a few years ago which I still remember, about looking across a big plain and seeing Wells Cathedral in the distance. I've never visited Well Cathedral and know nothing about it but in my dream it was an outstanding landmark, beautifully illuminated by sunlight from a break in clouds. Like a Renaissance painting. Which I now wonder if I was really dreaming about.

Anyway one morning about a week or so ago I woke up to Mr Zebra telling me (in these exact words) that "Leonardo Di Caprio's just died."

That's odd - earlier this week I had a dream where I was hearing about Ewan McGregor's death. Had to check online when I got up to make sure he was all right, it was that convincing.

A few years ago I posted on'ere somewhere about dreaming of announcement that Tom Jones had died after a short illness.

He was and still is in rude health and is now SIR Tom. It's safe to say that my dream was totally wrong both literally and metaphorically, i.e. in terms of his career/reputation etc. Long may Sir Tom continue as the nation's favourite musical Taffy.

I had a dream a few years ago which I still remember, about looking across a big plain and seeing Wells Cathedral in the distance. I've never visited Well Cathedral and know nothing about it but in my dream it was an outstanding landmark, beautifully illuminated by sunlight from a break in clouds. Like a Renaissance painting. Which I now wonder if I was really dreaming about.

Albert Goodwin did several paintings of Wells Cathedral (some in sunlight from a cloudbreak), maybe you saw one once?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Goodwin_(artist)

And were you recruited by the G.R.U.?

I've just had a series of odd dreams.

In the first, I was walking downstairs and caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror on the staircase. I looked like me, but an 'airbrushed' me, if you see what I mean, very smooth, as if I was wearing make up.

Then I dreamed of my dad. It was a lucid dream, because I know he's dead, so I was telling him how much I missed him and I kissed him on the cheek. His cheek was smooth too, very 'newly shaven', and my dad looked to be in his sixties, as he was twenty years or so before he died. Then I dreamed I woke up and was telling my mum that I had dreamed about my dad - although my mum is also dead, this didn't cause any lucidity.

And, as part of that same dream, my daughter had published her first piece in a magazine. Again, I knew I was dreaming, so decided to make a note of the date of publication. I found a pen and wrote down 'Aug 1919' and was surprised that the pen worked, because I can never usually get them to work in dreams. It was only when I woke up I realised that I should have written 2019..unless she's been published retrospectively, of course...

I had a series of now forgotten dreams, the kind that segue from one scene to another. The stand-out scene was one of wandering into some kind of exhibition hall that was displaying ovens that were the old-fashioned type, maybe from the 1940s or 50s that you used to see in big institutional kitchens years ago. Some had just one large door. Others two but they were all painted blue with white enamelled doors with big black handles or handwheels to open them.

Back