• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

My dream when I woke up this morning was about living at my old house round the corner.

Timble was now living at the end house and we stood in the street talking about what a nice quiet neighbourhood it is. (It actually isn't!)

Timble was telling me about some new hifi speakers that needed wrapping up and sending back as they weren't suitable.

What a load of old cobblers!

I'm having one of my 'weeks of dreams' - I will go through phases where I dream and remember on waking but the dreams fade fast as air, and then into another phase where the dreams are very vivid and stay with me for days. These phases don't last long though.

Last night I dreamed a local riding school was closing down and giving away their horses. I said I'd take one (I do ride IRL, but can no longer afford to keep a horse). They brought out a palomino mare, very lame in both front feet. I felt I couldn't say 'have you got a better one', because this would be akin to going to the local dogs' home and raking through abandoned puppies for a pedigree, so I asked if I could let my children ride her. 'Oh no, she can't be ridden ever' came the reply. I was a little bit crestfallen but decided she could go out in the field behind my house but would need a companion. Friends (who, in reality I haven't seen for years) were taking another horse and they said I could have their young black colt to keep my mare company. I reasoned that, at least the youngster would be rideable when he was older and I could always break him in and ride him.

Odd. But the sense of being trapped with something unworkable resounds with me in my waking life, so maybe my dream was trying to shake me up a bit!

I'm having one of my 'weeks of dreams' - I will go through phases where I dream and remember on waking but the dreams fade fast as air, and then into another phase where the dreams are very vivid and stay with me for days. These phases don't last long though.

Last night I dreamed a local riding school was closing down and giving away their horses. I said I'd take one (I do ride IRL, but can no longer afford to keep a horse). They brought out a palomino mare, very lame in both front feet. I felt I couldn't say 'have you got a better one', because this would be akin to going to the local dogs' home and raking through abandoned puppies for a pedigree, so I asked if I could let my children ride her. 'Oh no, she can't be ridden ever' came the reply. I was a little bit crestfallen but decided she could go out in the field behind my house but would need a companion. Friends (who, in reality I haven't seen for years) were taking another horse and they said I could have their young black colt to keep my mare company. I reasoned that, at least the youngster would be rideable when he was older and I could always break him in and ride him.

Odd. But the sense of being trapped with something unworkable resounds with me in my waking life, so maybe my dream was trying to shake me up a bit!
Time to lay the old nag down? Stop flogging the dead horse? I hear ya.

Slightly freaky.
Have recently been listening to hours of Gordon White's magic/occult podcasts on Rune Soup whilst working on a new 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, and slowly opening my tired mind to the possibilities of positively influencing my current fucked up luck somehow. In last night's remembral, I came upon a very short tribal African fellow in a loincloth, possibly a pygmy, who was busy about his business (?). I stopped and called out "hey, ju-ju man", at which he paused, turned my way full body. I asked him if he could - or perhaps told him I wanted him to - cover me and my family with protective magic. He let loose a full tooth grin. I woke up. Maybe something happened.

Today I did my tax return and turns out I have to pay the tax office just over $5K.

They say i owe £91 something, so they are taking £900 odd quid off of my allowance so i can pay it back before april next year, wtf is that all about, just take it if i owe it, cause they arnt sure i do, its there mistake, they bloody do my taxes, pity we cant sack the shites. Few months ago they said i owed a couple grand, i phoned em, i didnt, knobs

A disturbing dream last night:

Two friends and I were bear hunting. Not - as you might imagine in Canada or the Rockies - but in what appeared to be a suburban UK back garden. We had pitched a tent in this back garden abutting onto the side hedge, about 20' from the kitchen door of the associated house. The tent opening faced towards the kitchen window.

It was late twilight when I saw a small bear climbing over the 6' hedge at the bottom of the garden. We seized this animal, and I went into the house for some reason. As I was walking into the kitchen through the external door, I chanced to look back and see a massive, adult bear climbing into the garden. I was so scared that I couldn't even call out to warn my mates, but entered the kitchen and closed the door behind me.

From inside the brightly-lit, reassuringly-normal kitchen, I watched the huge bear enter the tent where my friends were. I couldn't see details, but from the bulgings of the tent walls, and the piercing screams I could hear, the monster bruin tore my pals apart.

Unpleasant.

maximus otter

Last edited:
They say i owe £91 something, so they are taking £900 odd quid off of my allowance so i can pay it back before april next year, wtf is that all about, just take it if i owe it, cause they arnt sure i do, its there mistake, they bloody do my taxes, pity we cant sack the shites. Few months ago they said i owed a couple grand, i phoned em, i didnt, knobs

Rings a bell'ere. During my divorce I had a bill for £30,000 from the Legal Aid. Thirty grand! I didn't have any money at all and certainly couldn't pay that.

As I was already at the end of my tether with it all (the divorce, a recent bereavement, other family trouble, being broke) I was seriously considering driving to B&Q to buy a towrope* and then going on to some local woods to hang myself. Not joking here, I really could not see any way forward.

However, I decided to ring the Citizens' Advice Bureau for advice first and in what seemed a minor miracle in itself, they not only answered the phone but asked me to go in straight away.

Within the hour I was being assured that the letter was a mistake, that hundreds of people had received them ('We've got another one'ere, Dave!') and that I should hand it over to them and forget about it as I'd never hear another word about it.

All panned out exactly as advised. I sometimes wonder who else also received that letter at a bad time and whether they didn't get help over it. One shudders to think.

*A young man whose family I knew slightly killed himself in that way. The receipt for the towrope was found in his pocket. It's only just struck me that he must have sprung to mind when I was feeling so distraught all those years ago.

Anyway, someone woke me up at 6am by dragging a (presumably stolen) wheelie bin along the pavement. Well, I'm assuming it was a wheelie bin and not the helicopter I was dreaming about that was busy crashing in flames.

(I'm assuming this dream sprang from watching a video clip of the Leicester helicopter taking off from the pitch and spinning out of control. Who the hell put that online? I watched it because I thought it was an old clip from a previous flight. Didn't think it'd be the actual crash.)

That is horrible, I am so glad you didn't get the tow rope, we would never have had the pleasure of knowing you, damn bureaucrats are assholes and never think before they do.

That is horrible, I am so glad you didn't get the tow rope, we would never have had the pleasure of knowing you, damn bureaucrats are assholes and never think before they do.

That's very kind, thank you! I'm glad I didn't take it that far too, although of course I most likely wouldn't have gone through with it. I'd probably have got some way towards it and been held up by a traffic jam or long queue at the checkout or summat, giving me a chance to rethink.

It was just the only way I could think of at the time to deal with all the mess - possibly the worst I've ever felt.
I don't have MH problems so the impulse passed and didn't come back.

I will bet that we all, at some point, have had the same feeling, and then common sense kicked in and then all the cursing at ourselves for being so stupid, they are the lucky ones, the others didn't get that :(

Last night I dreamt I was reading the posts on here when it suddenly shimmered and disappeared.
I yelled out that I thought we had till the 9th of November and a creepy voice said " That was just a fortean joke."

I will bet that we all, at some point, have had the same feeling, and then common sense kicked in and then all the cursing at ourselves for being so stupid, they are the lucky ones, the others didn't get that :(

Absolutely. I probably wasn't really suicidal, I just felt I couldn't cope any more.
What I should have done was show Techy the letter and he'd have been straight on the phone to them! but I couldn't face telling him. After it was all sorted I did tell him, but it took a while and I didn't want to admit how desperate I'd felt.

I seem to be having a different kind of dream recently, difficult to put my finger on exactly what's odd about them, but they just feel different, somehow. They're not frightening, although I'd put some of them in the "exciting" category, inasmuch as I often seem to find myself doing something a bit risky, or being put in some sort of mild danger somehow.

Possibly the new "tone" of my dreaming is down to some medication that I'm on (started what might be a long-ish course about 6 weeks ago), but if that's the only side effect, I don't really mind.

In a recent dream, I was team-teaching with Yithian! As I have only the vaguest of memories of his appearance, he was, in the mysterious way of dreams, identified without being audible or visible! Yithian was leading the lesson, while I was tasked with helping the pupils to stay focused.

The only vaguely-human class-member was a female mannikin, sentient, we believed, but incapable of movement or communication. Her face was white or cream-coloured, with openwork like a doiley; her clothing consisted of a full-length dress with bulging apron, well-stuffed, like a dummy intended for a bonfire. A very large crane fly appeared to be feeding on her face but I was telepathically informed that this was actually a part of her face and should not be removed.

The rest of the class consisted of assorted indeterminate floofs, which lolled around on the floor in a cluster, being idle, bored and slightly lewd. The main mass of fur did seem to differentiate itself into a doggie-part and a feline area; heads were not much in evidence but a full belly of nipples was.

The trouble-maker was a large and hyperactive weasel who made a sudden and violent raid on one nipple, repeatedly biting it and stretching it towards the ceiling. Amazing elasticity, for a nipple! Despite the obvious sexual implications, this prolonged attack had no erotic charge, being essentially pure violence with a cartoonish extremism.

My own freedom of movement was constrained by a high-backed chair, rendering me somewhat vulnerable; when the weasel tired of his nipple-play, he dived down the back of my shirt. I can remember the horrid sensation of him wriggling down past my collar, as he prepared to bite my neck or back. I braced myself for the pain, which never arrived, since I awoke, more puzzled than horrified by the whole crazy farrago. :frust:

Dreamed I was walking along a quiet country road, possibly on the edge of a village, when I spotted a large long pool adjacent to the footpath.

A polar bear swam past in the pool and took a detour to look at me. I thought I hope he can't get out of there and chase me! but it didn't so I stayed and watched. The polar bear drifted away and a lion swam up to me instead. Both animals seemed content.

This may come from watching those 'animals freed for the first time' videos on Facebook.

In a recent dream, I was team-teaching with Yithian! As I have only the vaguest of memories of his appearance, he was, in the mysterious way of dreams, identified without being audible or visible! Yithian was leading the lesson, while I was tasked with helping the pupils to stay focused.

The only vaguely-human class-member was a female mannikin, sentient, we believed, but incapable of movement or communication. Her face was white or cream-coloured, with openwork like a doiley; her clothing consisted of a full-length dress with bulging apron, well-stuffed, like a dummy intended for a bonfire. A very large crane fly appeared to be feeding on her face but I was telepathically informed that this was actually a part of her face and should not be removed.

The rest of the class consisted of assorted indeterminate floofs, which lolled around on the floor in a cluster, being idle, bored and slightly lewd. The main mass of fur did seem to differentiate itself into a doggie-part and a feline area; heads were not much in evidence but a full belly of nipples was.

The trouble-maker was a large and hyperactive weasel who made a sudden and violent raid on one nipple, repeatedly biting it and stretching it towards the ceiling. Amazing elasticity, for a nipple! Despite the obvious sexual implications, this prolonged attack had no erotic charge, being essentially pure violence with a cartoonish extremism.

My own freedom of movement was constrained by a high-backed chair, rendering me somewhat vulnerable; when the weasel tired of his nipple-play, he dived down the back of my shirt. I can remember the horrid sensation of him wriggling down past my collar, as he prepared to bite my neck or back. I braced myself for the pain, which never arrived, since I awoke, more puzzled than horrified by the whole crazy farrago. :frust:

You've been on the Veno's again.

Dreamed that ex husband and I were unpacking shopping in 'our' kitchen (in reality a lot nicer than any kitchen we ever had). There was butter in a pack (like Clover, which I never buy) sticking through the plastic of the bag. I told him we needed to talk, there were things I didn't want to say but 'needed' to say, and we should sit down with a glass of wine and talk things over. He asked if we had wine and I told him there was Prosecco in the fridge, as I slit open a packet of chicken to stir fry. The whole mood was of slightly sad acceptance of the end of a relationship. Hopefully it marks me casting off all memories of the relationship, which ended nearly eight years ago with much trauma and unhappiness (on my part, he walked away without a second glance).

I dreamed last night that I woke up and the town was covered in spider webs - the spiral orb type - including an enormous one floating in the sky.

Good to see the gang is back.

I dream't that me and a bunch of fictitious friends were running away from a a group of villains in a forest. It actually escalated into violence quite quickly as they would take down one of ours and we would take down one of theirs.

Back