• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

An uneasy night. I had indigestion and could not get comfortable under the winter-duvet or by throwing it off. The dreams were sporadic and shadowy but one was strange and vivid.

I had been given half a dozen "turkey-eggs," though these were a kind unknown to Nature. They were the size of small hens' eggs, all milky white shells but the yolks were a beautiful shade of sky-blue. The circumference of these halved yolks was marked by a ring of darker-blue "seeds."

The vivid colour detail was matched in another sense-impression, for this was a dream of taste. The flavour of these eggs was exquisitely rich but mild, their texture soft and creamy, though with a touch of the sulphur expected from a yolk. There was not much narrative content, apart from a resolution to eat the half-dozen of them straight away, as they would not be at their peak for long! :dinner:

Tomorrow night you'll be having the eggbound flatulence dreams.

An uneasy night. I had indigestion and could not get comfortable under the winter-duvet or by throwing it off. The dreams were sporadic and shadowy but one was strange and vivid.
My advice... eat earlier in the evening.

I had a really creepy one last night.

I dreamt that I was in some sort of train station a bit like in The Elephant Man except everyone was in modern clothes. Tucked away from the rail lines were loads of bunk beds filled with people either lying down or sitting in groups. I was sat at the end of a row of people on a ground level bunk and, in the middle, they were trying to restrain a wired young woman in a blue shirt. She managed to wriggle free and start to wander off then someone alerted a guard so she was brought back to us where everyone sat tighter around and partially on her.

When she escaped the second time, I noticed she now had a knife so I told the guard who managed to get hold of her.

And then I woke up. I rolled over to my right and the girl in the blue shirt with the knife was standing there staring at me. She said "You told the guard". I'm embarrassed to say that freaked me out so I just hid under the covers then almost immediately afterwards I could hear her on the other side of the bed and coming towards me so I threw my covers off, lunged my leg out to kick her and raised my fists ..

.. and that's exactly how I woke up, in that position .. I went for a smoke and a coffee before I went back to bed after that bastard.

Christ ...!
That's exactly the reaction I got from the Mrs after I told her about it this morning, fortunately I was sleeping in our spare room last night because she had an early start otherwise I could have booted her out of bed.

You know when you have a mental dream and you're still a bit traumatised 10 or so minutes after you wake up ....

I had a really creepy one last night.

I dreamt that I was in some sort of train station a bit like in The Elephant Man except everyone was in modern clothes. Tucked away from the rail lines were loads of bunk beds filled with people either lying down or sitting in groups. I was sat at the end of a row of people on a ground level bunk and, in the middle, they were trying to restrain a wired young woman in a blue shirt. She managed to wriggle free and start to wander off then someone alerted a guard so she was brought back to us where everyone sat tighter around and partially on her.

When she escaped the second time, I noticed she now had a knife so I told the guard who managed to get hold of her.

And then I woke up. I rolled over to my right and the girl in the blue shirt with the knife was standing there staring at me. She said "You told the guard". I'm embarrassed to say that freaked me out so I just hid under the covers then almost immediately afterwards I could hear her on the other side of the bed and coming towards me so I threw my covers off, lunged my leg out to kick her and raised my fists ..

.. and that's exactly how I woke up, in that position .. I went for a smoke and a coffee before I went back to bed after that bastard.

Sounds like an average day in Cromer.

I had a dream that hitler was trying to purchase Christmas decorations from a store I was working in and it was my job to chase him off every time he came on the premises.
No wonder Hitler was cranky!

Some years ago I had a series of dreams in which I flew a single-engined single-seat airplane (a la WW2 fighter) in a hands-on fashion with tactile feedback from the stick and pedals. I've never flown a plane, nor been trained hands-on - not even in a simulator.

In the dreams I took off, banked, turned, located a destination airfield, and landed safely - all the while engaging the controls and actively managing my actions. There was no panic and no loss of control.

I found the experience laborious but quite pleasant, and I repeated it in other dreams for a while thereafter - sometimes deciding to fly 'my' plane when needing to 'travel'.

I have a theory about such vehicles in dreams.

I believe it is possible for deep dreamers to create a mode of transport to facilitate faster transition through the "land of dreams".

The creation of such a vehicle happens over many dreams, the dreamer perfecting it as they go.

They seem connected to flight, in that the dreamer is levitating/gliding/flying.

I believe that with practice the vehicle can be done away with entirely, becoming a power instead.

For me, it began many years ago in a dream where I was sat on a tall, four legged, round seated, wooden bar stool.

I learned that if I leaned forwards on my stool, it would move slowly forward, scraping along on two legs as I maintained balance.

With some practice I was able to travel around like that, sat on the stool and leaning forward, able to increase and decrease speed and turn etc.

Then the stool appeared in another dream and I used it as a mode of transport and learned that I could stop the scraping sound that the two legs made by concentrating and levitating me and the stool off the ground slightly. This allowed for much higher speed and no sound.

A while after, I was stool-travelling in another dream when I realised I didn't need the stool at all, I could lean forward whilst concentrating and I would slide forwards whilst slightly levitating, rather like air-skis. I could crouch down and lean forward with my feet close together and travel at speed anywhere I chose, before long I could do acrobatics also.

Air-skating is something that takes concentration to do, at times when my concentration wanes I feel/hear my shoes/socks/barefeet scraping the ground/wall/ceiling/surface and I slow down slightly. Loss of concentration can lead to a full stop and I have to walk/run/swim normally.

I've spent 20 or so years air-skating in my dreams, at times actually flying higher than a few inches (excluding stunts).

It goes without saying that I have never skied or skated, but I have flown a 737-simulator, a balloon, a glider and a helicopter (as well as being a passenger on many larger planes).

Last edited:
I have had dreams where I have found cars in non-working order and had to get them working. With that, I zoomed through the dream and can't remember much after that.

I've dreamed about driving a car before, something I've never actually done. Tellingly, they're usually anxiety dreams, because I quickly realise I have no idea what I'm doing and veer out of control.

I have had dreams where I have found cars in non-working order and had to get them working. With that, I zoomed through the dream and can't remember much after that.

During my teens/twenties I had a recurring dream sequence that would pop up whenever I needed to escape from something.

I would steal a old navy blue bedford van and drive it like a maniac through red lights and down one way streets whilst being chased by the police (as well as whatever I was escaping from this time).

The chase would always end in me being chased into a sandstone canyon that looked like a dead-end.

In the centre of the canyon was a tall perpendicular spire of sandstone with a tiny patch of grass at it's summit with a tall pine/fir tree growing there.

I would evade the police/threat by climbing the pinnacle to get to the tree, reaching it would awaken me from sleep.

I didn't learn to drive until I was 35 and since then, no longer see/need the van.

I had a dream that hitler was trying to purchase Christmas decorations from a store I was working in and it was my job to chase him off every time he came on the premises.

Hold on, wasn't there a photo in t'mag of some Nazi xmas baubles that featured swastikas?

Hmm, yup, if you google Nazi xmas baubles you'll find them. Nasty.

Morning, had a couple of dreams, one, being chased by MIBs. Managed to grab hold of them and zap with a zapper(?).
Second one was in an institution looking after people, one of the inmates and orderlies were loose, so to speak but when you looked at them, they were orderlies shepherding the inmate around. Nasty bit was,the inmate had a belt in his hand and I felt around my neck.... That's when I woke up!!!
I know I was watching a YouTube video about MIBs before I had the dream but the inmate???? Haven't got a Scooby!!!!! As my missus says when I tell her my dreams, I must be on some good shit!!!!!

I dreamt I was in a stately home, in bed, when I heard an owl hooting on the roof. I got up to investigate and the owl (which was about five feet tall and kind of insectoid) sat on the window ledge and stared at me. This means I was abducted by aliens last night, right?

I dreamt I was in a stately home, in bed, when I heard an owl hooting on the roof. I got up to investigate and the owl (which was about five feet tall and kind of insectoid) sat on the window ledge and stared at me. This means I was abducted by aliens last night, right?

Or maybe Owl-Insect is your spirit guide.

Maybe this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascalaphidae

This wasn't last night, but a couple of nights ago, i dreamt that i was near a lake when i found a length of fishing line (no hook or bait) so as you would i "cast" the line out.
Next thing i know, i have a bite on the line so begin to pull the line in - noticing that i am now wearing black nitrile type gloves? and there i am fighting this large "fish" which is giving me a real run around. As i am just getting the better of the "fish" i then realise that i now have a bite on the other end of the line which has fallen into the water. so whilst battling with the first "fish" i am also now bringing in the other end which has something much smaller on it..... it was a piece of slate (like roofing slate) about 3 inches in diameter, which at the time seemed a perfectly normal thing to catch!
Now, as i am still battling with the bigger "fish", it suddenly surfaces to reveal itself as a swan, BUT, not a normal swan, it was a soft toy swan, a big white and blue cuddly toy swan, which i then had to remove the hook from its mouth - its woolen mouth before releasing it back to where it came from??? What the hell goes on in my head?? i can't even blame it on booze as i hadn't had any lol

Last night's was unsettling. I had a dream that I'd gotten off a flight and had ended up in a gigantic hall with about 500 other people. We were waiting to be ‘cleared’ so we could leave the airport. I sat and fiddled about with a white plastic VHS video camera until the doors were opened. The people surged out like water down a plughole so waited until the crush had died down. I walked out and into a long corridor. One wall was glass and I could see outside. It was dark and there were a handful of distant lights. I wandered the corridor looking for the exit. There was no sign of any of the gigantic crowd that had just left. I walked through another big hall, this one had a few stalls selling books and other stuff. I saw a sign saying ‘services and exit’. I followed another endless glass-walled corridor until I came to an enormous lounge area that had a big bar in the centre. There were a few people scattered about and a line of people sat at the long bar eating and drinking and as I walked past, trying to see out through the gigantic plate-glass windows, a man stood up and followed me. I couldn’t shake him off. As I reached one of the exits, I felt an overwhelming sense of imminent danger from the man who was right behind me. I woke up at this point. What I remembered was that everything had a seventies feel. Lots of dark wood veneered panels. Floor-to-ceiling windows. Lots of orange and beige and those long, tubular light pendants that hung from a ceiling that was lost in the gloominess of the place.

My dream was about one of our cats, Bagpuss, who jumped out of the car window on a bridge a mile from our house. She ran off down the dirt track and disappeared.

I told Techy to STOP! and he did, and I got out of the car and chased after Bagpuss. Luckily I had an open sachet of her favourite food handy and used it to lure her out some long grass where she was hiding. We walked home together.

No idea what this is about, except that Bagpuss is old and a bit senile. We love her a lot.

I believe it is possible for deep dreamers to create a mode of transport to facilitate faster transition through the "land of dreams".

The creation of such a vehicle happens over many dreams, the dreamer perfecting it as they go.

They seem connected to flight, in that the dreamer is levitating/gliding/flying.

I believe that with practice the vehicle can be done away with entirely, becoming a power instead.

For me, it began many years ago in a dream where I was sat on a tall, four legged, round seated, wooden bar stool.

I learned that if I leaned forwards on my stool, it would move slowly forward, scraping along on two legs as I maintained balance.

With some practice I was able to travel around like that, sat on the stool and leaning forward, able to increase and decrease speed and turn etc.

Then the stool appeared in another dream and I used it as a mode of transport and learned that I could stop the scraping sound that the two legs made by concentrating and levitating me and the stool off the ground slightly. This allowed for much higher speed and no sound.

A while after, I was stool-travelling in another dream when I realised I didn't need the stool at all, I could lean forward whilst concentrating and I would slide forwards whilst slightly levitating, rather like air-skis. I could crouch down and lean forward with my feet close together and travel at speed anywhere I chose, before long I could do acrobatics also.

Air-skating is something that takes concentration to do, at times when my concentration wanes I feel/hear my shoes/socks/barefeet scraping the ground/wall/ceiling/surface and I slow down slightly. Loss of concentration can lead to a full stop and I have to walk/run/swim normally.

I've spent 20 or so years air-skating in my dreams, at times actually flying higher than a few inches (excluding stunts).

It goes without saying that I have never skied or skated, but I have flown a 737-simulator, a balloon, a glider and a helicopter (as well as being a passenger on many larger planes).

Very interesting. I can't fly in dreams, but can float. I can float much faster if I have some apparatus, whether it's a broomstick or surfboard or frisbee...whatever. It's never been clear why this is, you'd think it would hardly matter in a dream.

Yes. :abduct:

Last night I dreamed I was on holiday somewhere. It was one of those 'everything is doomed' dreams. I was on a beach and wanted to swim, but it was chilly and the waves were big. I went to get something to eat from a street vendor and looked up into the sky to see an aeroplane explode on take off and drop, flaming, to the ground. I was concerned for a pregnant lady who had been flying home that day, and hoped she wasn't on the flight (nobody else was taking any notice, just going about their business). Went back to the hotel and got in a lift to go to room 155, but the lift began to drop in an uncontrolled fall. I held on to a wooden wall and jumped up and down and it...just stopped, I guess, but I don't know, I just took the stairs instead.

All this would lead anyone hearing about it to believe I was in a state of high stress, but, apart from a few minor niggles, I'm really not at the moment. So I don't know what all this was about, other than a mild case of having eaten too much celebrating Mothers Day early...

This applies to me in a couple of ways and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

When I'm not lucid in my Dream-World, sometimes I have access to a small go-kart. This thing is super fast and turns on a dime. I've used it repeatedly to navigate backstreets and such.

While I'm lucid in my Dream-World, my favorite mode of transportation is the invisible, self-propelled hoverboard. I literally start levitating around 6 inches off the ground and with just tiny movements I can take corners, speed over curbs, etc. I've learned to love this.

Lastly, while not technically a vehicle, I've learned that if I want to fly in my dreams, I have to run up the Invisible Steps. Once I have my first foot placed on "nothing", I can gain momentum and keep running up the steps until I'm flying.

Still, flying is difficult to control for me, but the invisible hoverboard is second-nature. It took a while to evolve, however.

I had a dream I was taking part in Park Run. Moi, running? As if! A nightmare more than a dream.

i had a horrid dream a couple of nights ago, i was stood at a table which looked like it was made of something dark - almost black in colour, i cannot remember how, but suddenly i was being electrocuted and could hear fizzing crackling sounds and was aware that i could not move at all other than involuntary movements from the shock. after a few seconds of this i could literally feel myself shutting down to the point of losing consciousness. Thankfully at this point i was able to shake myself from the dream/nightmare shouting loudly "NO" which then disturbed my wifes sleep. This was definately one of my worst dreams ever and one which i would gladly not want to repeat

Back