• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Going to have to stop falling asleep to YouTube videos about the Epstein/Maxwell scandal.

Some mention Maxwell's claims that because the lights in prison keep her awake she covers her eyes at night with a sock.
I like the dark too but have custom-made sleep masks.

Last night I dreamed someone walked into my bedroom and leaned over me to check I was alive.
I was on my side facing away from the door so wouldn't have seen this happen. It was as if I was watching in a standing position from behind my headboard which is against the wall. Or maybe a CCTV camera.

It's the reverse of empathy. True Schadenfreude. :chuckle:

I was packing to go on holiday with my family, who were all in the house with me but not taking 'we leave tomorrow' seriously. I had a small, thin black suitcase on the table, more like a briefcase, and I was throwing clothes at random into it. Everyone else (including a previous ex) were sitting watching television, so I snapped, turned off the TV and told them to get on with packing.

I was desperately rushing from room to room, I put in a pair of jeans which appeared to be two pairs in one, decided I wouldn't wear jeans where we were going, and was undecided about taking them out, but I left them. Went hunting for a dress to wear and then suitable shoes that would 'go' with all my clothes.

The modd wasn't really one of panic, just mild annoyance that nobody else was getting on with packing. And a bit rushed and breathless as I tried to hunt down my 'holiday' clothes. It was as though someone had just sprung 'we're flying to Spain tomorrow' on me.

I was packing to go on holiday with my family, who were all in the house with me but not taking 'we leave tomorrow' seriously. I had a small, thin black suitcase on the table, more like a briefcase, and I was throwing clothes at random into it. Everyone else (including a previous ex) were sitting watching television, so I snapped, turned off the TV and told them to get on with packing.

I was desperately rushing from room to room, I put in a pair of jeans which appeared to be two pairs in one, decided I wouldn't wear jeans where we were going, and was undecided about taking them out, but I left them. Went hunting for a dress to wear and then suitable shoes that would 'go' with all my clothes.

The modd wasn't really one of panic, just mild annoyance that nobody else was getting on with packing. And a bit rushed and breathless as I tried to hunt down my 'holiday' clothes. It was as though someone had just sprung 'we're flying to Spain tomorrow' on me.
Seeing exes in dreams intrigues me. My assumption is that they represent something from the time I was with them* like, I dunno, how their favourite foods disgusted me or some place we went together. It's actually an aspect of my own personality or current life because dreams are about ourselves.

*apart from constant irritation, extreme shame and humiliation over being seen out with them, hoarseness from 6-hour shouting matches etc

Seeing exes in dreams intrigues me. My assumption is that they represent something from the time I was with them* like, I dunno, how their favourite foods disgusted me or some place we went together. It's actually an aspect of my own personality or current life because dreams are about ourselves.

*apart from constant irritation, extreme shame and humiliation over being seen out with them, hoarseness from 6-hour shouting matches etc
Yes, I've been dreaming of this one quite a lot lately. Although there are elements of him in one of the characters I'm writing, so that may be why he's in the forefront of my mind.

Dreamt the news announced Britain was now a dictatorship, and I thought "Who's going to be dictator of Britain? Oh, dear gods, Benedict Cumberbatch! Benedict swearword Cumberbatch is dictator of Britain! Of course he is! Typical!"...

There were two dreams last night. In the first there was a starving snake I was going to feed.
In spite of my entreaties it bit me on the arm, then kind of smiled in a snakey way.
In the second I was once again staying in the holiday complex where you had to use the outside toilets, which opened into a sort of pool instead of going down the pipes and away.
Someone had thrown a facecloth in and everyone was disgusted.
I wanted to mend something but found that someone had stolen my container of sewing things so I went to complain to the manager but they were evasive and I thought it might have been them.

Dreamt I was on a pub crawl around a town that was and wasn't Bolton at the same time. In that it was Bolton, but not the Bolton I know. At some point I fell unconscious and woke up in a Blackburn that wasn't the Blackburn I know. My clothes were filthy so I found the nearest department store and bought new ones. I tried to get into a hotel to stay the night but got chased off for some reason. I then bumped into some old friends and I threw a guitar into a river. We took a hair-raising taxi ride back to the Bolton that wasn't Bolton.

Dreamt I was on a pub crawl around a town that was and wasn't Bolton at the same time. In that it was Bolton, but not the Bolton I know. At some point I fell unconscious and woke up in a Blackburn that wasn't the Blackburn I know. My clothes were filthy so I found the nearest department store and bought new ones. I tried to get into a hotel to stay the night but got chased off for some reason. I then bumped into some old friends and I threw a guitar into a river. We took a hair-raising taxi ride back to the Bolton that wasn't Bolton.
Sounds like a typical night out to me...

There were two dreams last night. In the first there was a starving snake I was going to feed.
In spite of my entreaties it bit me on the arm, then kind of smiled in a snakey way.
In the second I was once again staying in the holiday complex where you had to use the outside toilets, which opened into a sort of pool instead of going down the pipes and away.
Someone had thrown a facecloth in and everyone was disgusted.
I wanted to mend something but found that someone had stolen my container of sewing things so I went to complain to the manager but they were evasive and I thought it might have been them.
Was the manager (and potential thief of sewing box) a snail?
unnamed-3.gif

Last night after lots of cycling and fresh air, plus a big tea on our arrival home, I was sprawled on the sofa having micro dreams for about an hour. Went to bed at 9!

Am sure any armchair psychoanalyst would have a lot to say about this one I had last night....

A buddy of mine and I are walking down the street. We look up and there are thousands of eagles in the sky. How majestic. All at once, they decide to, erm, "let go" and suddenly it's absolutely pouring...bird shit.

We get covered (this is perhaps the most properly disgusting dream I've ever had as we were both slimy at that point and I could feel every bit hitting me not to mention squishing under my shoes) but the odd thing was, it didn't smell at all. All the stores are closed, so I grab my friend and we head to the nearest awning/overhang. Then the bird crap starts coming in at an angle, so we keep running.

Eventually, the crap rain turned to real rain and washed us off for the most part. We head into work (some retail clothing store I've dreamed about before) and all I know is that I desperately want a shower. I ask someone because I think I remember there being one in the back room. Sure enough, it's there, but it's completely open and there are other employees right there washing their hands. All I could think of was, hey, you didn't go through what I just did, so if you want a free show, you're going to get it.

That was the end of it.

I had another apocalyptic dream last night. The sun was acting up and had turned dark red. The sky had turned a very dark shade of blue. There were sun dogs all over the sky as well as other strange high altitude phenomena. I and my wife made it to an underground shelter but had to wait outside while they activated the lifts etc. People were trying to form ordely queues but the system soon broke down. After someone tried to cheer everyone up with a sing-a-long of "Sweet Caroline", the sun returned to normal and everyone was just left dazed and confused with the realisation that we all didn't die but it was close.

Going to have to stop falling asleep to YouTube videos about the Epstein/Maxwell scandal.

Some mention Maxwell's claims that because the lights in prison keep her awake she covers her eyes at night with a sock.
I like the dark too but have custom-made sleep masks.

Last night I dreamed someone walked into my bedroom and leaned over me to check I was alive.
I was on my side facing away from the door so wouldn't have seen this happen. It was as if I was watching in a standing position from behind my headboard which is against the wall. Or maybe a CCTV camera.

It's the reverse of empathy. True Schadenfreude. :chuckle:
Something like this?
GettyImages-697613877.jpg

I had another apocalyptic dream last night. The sun was acting up and had turned dark red. The sky had turned a very dark shade of blue. There were sun dogs all over the sky as well as other strange high altitude phenomena. I and my wife made it to an underground shelter but had to wait outside while they activated the lifts etc. People were trying to form ordely queues but the system soon broke down. After someone tried to cheer everyone up with a sing-a-long of "Sweet Caroline", the sun returned to normal and everyone was just left dazed and confused with the realisation that we all didn't die but it was close.
The Sun shutting down for a few minutes?
The most scary thing ever. :eek:

Last night's sofa-located microdream was of standing in a desert holding big long snakes by the tail and cracking them like a whip one after another so their heads flew off. I demonstrated this several times to shocked bystanders.

I'm not sure if I've really heard that this can be done and I'm not googling it.

Last night's sofa-located microdream was of standing in a desert holding big long snakes by the tail and cracking them like a whip one after another so their heads flew off. I demonstrated this several times to shocked bystanders.

I'm not sure if I've really heard that this can be done and I'm not googling it.
Coming to a theatre near you, the @escargot story...
220px-Cobrawoman.jpg
MV5BYThmZTg0NTEtZGI3ZC00YTQ4LTkyNDItYjQ5Y2RlNjViOTFhL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_.jpg
MV5BMzI2ODNlNWItOTBmNC00M2FlLWIyYWYtODE2YzllZDQ4OTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Putting this one here for posterity....It was another volcano dream.

I was staying at a house and myself and two other people heard and felt the strangest vibrations and rattling. My first thought is to look out the window that overlooks a volcano that had erupted a few years before.

They join me and we watch in horror as a pyroclastic flow barrels down from the mountain range right toward the house. We're doomed. Well, the flow of ash actually stopped right at the house, pressing in enough to shatter all the windows but not enough to get in and, y'know, kill us.

Somehow I was made aware that what had actually happened was a build up of gas or something that caused the volcano to balloon outwards. The pyroclastic flow was a result of the dome collapsing back in on itself and forcing all the gas outwards.

So far, my volcano dreams have meant nothing in real life, but I like posting them here just in case.

Putting this one here for posterity....It was another volcano dream.

I was staying at a house and myself and two other people heard and felt the strangest vibrations and rattling. My first thought is to look out the window that overlooks a volcano that had erupted a few years before.

They join me and we watch in horror as a pyroclastic flow barrels down from the mountain range right toward the house. We're doomed. Well, the flow of ash actually stopped right at the house, pressing in enough to shatter all the windows but not enough to get in and, y'know, kill us.

Somehow I was made aware that what had actually happened was a build up of gas or something that caused the volcano to balloon outwards. The pyroclastic flow was a result of the dome collapsing back in on itself and forcing all the gas outwards.

So far, my volcano dreams have meant nothing in real life, but I like posting them here just in case.
I've heard of cheese dreams, but not curry dreams...

There was Kirk, McCoy and Scotty in my dream last night (original version), but unfortunately I can't recall the context.

Back