• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

There was Kirk, McCoy and Scotty in my dream last night (original version), but unfortunately I can't recall the context.
Were you Spock, in this encounter?

There was Kirk, McCoy and Scotty in my dream last night (original version), but unfortunately I can't recall the context.
Something like this?
90.jpeg

Why is Spock wearing a flight suit?
As a 'uge teenage Trekkie back in the day I have a vague memory of Spock being somehow brainwashed and rendered robotic by aliens and having to be remotely controlled with a twiddly box.

Like the one with my little brother's favourite xmas present except it didn't make Spock scoot backwards under next door's car.

As a 'uge teenage Trekkie back in the day I have a vague memory of Spock being somehow brainwashed and rendered robotic by aliens and having to be remotely controlled with a twiddly box.

Like the one with my little brother's favourite xmas present except it didn't make Spock scoot backwards under next door's car.
They actually stole his brain, so Bones rigged up a robotic control unit to move Spock's empty shell around.

I was with a group of people and we were watching a high end jewellery store through binoculars.
Women would come in and sit on a chair and have a blanket draped around them.
After awhile the blanket would be taken off and they would have a fully dressed toddler clone of themselves and would happily hold them and walk away.

I was with a group of people and we were watching a high end jewellery store through binoculars.
After awhile the blanket would be taken off and they would have a fully dressed toddler clone of themselves and would happily hold them and walk away.
If only it were that easy.

If only it were that easy.
Maybe it is...
3288.jpg

Last night I dreamed I was navigating a trip somewhere, using a not very detailed map. It showed that we had to sail through some enclosed bodies of water, past ranges of mountains. One of the mountains was called 'YouveBeenHad' (you know how maps have the mountain names written on) but apart from that the map was fairly featureless.

I'm planning a trip to Orkney next year and have been looking at maps, so this isn't a surprise. The name of the mountain is odd though. I'm not aware that I've been in any situations where I could have been 'had' and, in the dream I was wondering whether it was a joke.

Last night I dreamed I was navigating a trip somewhere, using a not very detailed map. It showed that we had to sail through some enclosed bodies of water, past ranges of mountains. One of the mountains was called 'YouveBeenHad' (you know how maps have the mountain names written on) but apart from that the map was fairly featureless.

I'm planning a trip to Orkney next year and have been looking at maps, so this isn't a surprise. The name of the mountain is odd though. I'm not aware that I've been in any situations where I could have been 'had' and, in the dream I was wondering whether it was a joke.
Are there any instances that have happened to you recently where you thought you might have been scammed?

It's working then. :chuckle:
The cheque is in the post, Skargy, and I just need to give you my new banking password so you can sort out that problem with my account...

I went back to a great little record shop (that also sells second-hand books) that I'd visited years ago. Problem is, the shop doesn't exist in "real life". In my dream, I could remember the building from my previous "visit": the shop was at the end of a tenement building in an area where most of the other buildings had been demolished, there was a small garage and a furniture shop round the corner.

Now, given that this place doesn't exist, did my mind, during last night's dream, invent my previous visit to the shop there and then, or was my dream a sequel to another dream I'd had at some point in the past? It feels like a sequel, but I'm not sure.

Dreams are strange.

Two nights ago I dreamt that I had to sort out the affairs of a man who died in Andorra or Singapore 15 years ago. His death had not been reported. The main thing that required sorting was that he had a length of speaker cable a mile long, and my brother and I were working out how much this might weigh... my brother and I were then in a train in Japan which was heading into a station at full speed and was about to crash into another train when I woke up. Phew!

Last night was some post-apocalyptic stuff. We had to move out of home into some grand country house that was the only nearby refuge. I have no memory of what caused the apocalypse...

There's a lot going on in my head at the moment!!

I dreamed I had a little boy of about three, who was covered in melted chocolate (in a 'eating it and distributing it all over face and hands' way, not like, dipped in chocolate because that would be weird...). I'd got him by the back of his vest and was trying to get him somewhere so I could clean him up.

I went back to a great little record shop (that also sells second-hand books) that I'd visited years ago. Problem is, the shop doesn't exist in "real life". In my dream, I could remember the building from my previous "visit": the shop was at the end of a tenement building in an area where most of the other buildings had been demolished, there was a small garage and a furniture shop round the corner.

Now, given that this place doesn't exist, did my mind, during last night's dream, invent my previous visit to the shop there and then, or was my dream a sequel to another dream I'd had at some point in the past? It feels like a sequel, but I'm not sure.

Dreams are strange.
I've had sequels to dreams – and these are often separated by years. But like yours, they have featured things/places that have only ever existed in my dreams and never in the 'real' world (or not a part I've been to...).

As you say, dreams are strange.

Dreams are strange.
Interesting dream! Not sure if I mentioned this on a previous post or not but my dad told me years ago about a recurring dream he used to have where he would visit a small unknown town on the coast. He said the frequency of the dream would vary and sometimes with a gap of a year or more in between, and, if there was a big gap he would notice people had got older and the odd building or shop changed. He said that it was never dramatic in any way but mostly just walking around and chatting to people he knew in the dream. Strange. After he passed away I was reminded of it years later when I read the EF Benson story The Room in the Tower, although that was a much darker tale!

I hired the A-Team. No idea why, as my almost 10 year old woke me up saying ”look what I’ve got” brandishing his pet kitten. It was 4am.

My dream had the opening titles and everything. It was based on the pilot episode though because ‘Faceman’ was being played by Tim Dunigan (I had to look that up); I kept asking him why he wasn’t Dirk Benedict.

I hired the A-Team. No idea why, as my almost 10 year old woke me up saying ”look what I’ve got” brandishing his pet kitten. It was 4am.

My dream had the opening titles and everything. It was based on the pilot episode though because ‘Faceman’ was being played by Tim Dunigan (I had to look that up); I kept asking him why he wasn’t Dirk Benedict.
See this:

Tim was originally hired to be Faceman! But they replaced him.

Last night I dreamed that my brother and I were in a room in a pub eating a curry. With us was his friend (who is recently deceased), wearing a very white shirt. I was laughing, because friend had been talking about smuggling and I, in a rather arch way, had said 'oh I know all about that'. When friend expressed astonishment at how I could know, I said 'oh, you would be surprised!'. Then I (again archly) leaned over and said 'oh SMUGGLING, I thought you said SNUGGLING!'

It was all very cosy, the food was great, a lovely convivial bunch of people. The recently deceased friend is the one whose death I 'felt' a few months ago (about which I told my brother when he visited last week). I'd known him since he was very young but we didn't really have much to do with one another. He looked very well in the dream!

I woke up with a song in my head, 'Lovin' You', made famous by the late Minnie Riperton.

Riperton was a hugely talented singer with a 4-octave and head voice/whistle register range.

She died shockingly young of breast cancer, aged only 31, having in the few years after her diagnosis spoken publicly about the disease and received the American Cancer Society's Courage Award from President Jimmy Carter.

Anyway... the song was in my dream because of its association with Ms Riperton and her untimely death.
I'd heard a discussion about breast cancer on R4 and noted the statement that most breast cancer deaths happen to older women; only 4% of all breast cancers occur in women under 40.

The message was of course not to be complacent. Younger women still need to check, check and CHECK for breast cancer whatever their age.

A bloke the ex was at university with lost his wife to breast cancer at about 32, leaving him with a little daughter.
I met him and the child after the wife's death.
He later became a writer and speaker on the subject of fathers raising children alone after bereavement.

So yeah, you don't need to be elderly to get it.

Here's the programme, featuring the admirable Julia Bradbury talking about her breast cancer diagnosis -

Woman's Hour

The Julia Bradbury segment starts at about 21:26.

So thank you Ms Subconscious for reminding me once again about taking care of myself. :cool:

Another initiation process. This time I'm being asked to read a prepared script to enter a witch order. My ingrained Christian inclination rises and I'm hesitant. I'm to lay on a raised surface _ bed? plinth? altar? - and I am supplied with a liquor of fruit juice spiked with rum. The room is dim and empty. I am still unsure whether the vow clashes with my own values when the doors at the end of the room open and in walks one of our esteemed FT members clad in a flowing black silk dress, followed by a younger female attendant.

I was on a train slowly winding its way up a coastal path towards a castle. In my head it was Castle Drogo, which is nowhere near the coast nor a railway line, but I remarked on it in the dream. I was listening to a man talking about where he was going to stable his horses and needing to buy more horses to pull carts - but I was listening to The Fellowship of the Ring last night whilst I slept, and I suspect this bit crept through from the narration.

Back