• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Unusual one for me last night, in that it wasn't as surreal as usual. I was taking part in a competition in Chichester, which was a bit like those Red Bull Birdman competitions, except this one was called Victory (spelt out on huge glittering banners hung across the streets). You basically had to pilot a hand-built flying machine from the flat top of a non-existent building on the east side of South Street to a non-existent building on the other side of South Street. Both buildings looked like university buildings, but were taller than anything actually in Chichester city centre, not outrageously so, maybe twice as high, eight or nine stories. The competition was known for being dangerous, with fatalities not uncommon. People were building machines that looked like early attempts at powered flight, with multiple stacked wings etc. I borrowed an idea from someone I knew, and filled an inflatable mattress with helium. I then had problems, because I was going to use an electric fan heater as a propeller, but between it and the power supply, it was too heavy to fly. Instead I built a wooden frame around the mattress and attached four amateur rockets to it (the kind enthusiasts launch to impressive heights), pointing out diagonally from the sides, two per side. I then lay on the mattress, lit up the rockets and flew from one side of the street to land on the other building, using some king of rudder to guide my direction, and letting out helium to land on the flat roof. I won the competition! At the massive meal in a hall with trestle tables, I gave due credit to the guy who had the idea of a helium-filled mattress, and he wasn't bothered at all that I had used his idea, but I felt oddly guilty. As a note, I am not an inventor (I have knocked up the odd contraption for work purposes, but not very often).

I was in my late mil's house but my parents and other people were there.
A young woman had come to interview someone for a job but her shoes were covered in mud and I was looking for a red basin so that she could wash them.

A couple of nights ago I had a dream in which I was watching various aircraft taking off from a military airfield of some sort.
My son was with me.
The aircraft started to become less familiar and then I saw a SR-71 'Blackbird' taking off that appeared to have multiple TV aerials mounted all over it's fuselage. "That's odd" I thought.
Then the next aircraft that took off was totally wacky. The fuselage was nothing more than a broomstick, but much longer, and the wings were just large, square, flat panels mounted at all different angles on that broomstick.
As I was looking at it flying past I was thinking that it was incredible that they could get something so obviously unable to fly into the air.
And then I thought "Oh, hang on, this must be a silly dream".
In an attempt to confirm my suspicion turned to my son and said to him "Can you jump into the air and stay there?"
"Sure" he said.....and jumped up into the air and remained there, a few feet off the ground.
"Oh this is a silly dream" I thought.....and promptly woke up.

Night two of angsty dreams. Last night I had three of them.

The first one had me in possession of an old revolver that I was trying to keep from the police knowing about. I think that's related to an old boy I found dead in his kitchen a few years back who owned a 1950's ex service revolver he had mounted on his living room wall. In real life, I pointed that gun out to the police.

The second one had me buying an ultra realistic model of a tiny old man in a blue wooden cage with black bars. I was really pleased with it, took it home then the police raided. I assumed they were looking for the revolver from the first dream. They didn't seem to find that but they were quizzing me on why I had the little man in the cage model.

The third one had me firmly moving a teenage lad out of my way by his arm in a pub after I'd said excuse me but he'd decided to be a dick and ignore me to impress his mates. This wound up some bloke in his late 50's who then tried to pick a fight with me but I stuck up for myself before it kicked off. The bar staff then congratulated me.

Night two of angsty dreams. Last night I had three of them.

The first one had me in possession of an old revolver that I was trying to keep from the police knowing about. I think that's related to an old boy I found dead in his kitchen a few years back who owned a 1950's ex service revolver he had mounted on his living room wall. In real life, I pointed that gun out to the police.

The second one had me buying an ultra realistic model of a tiny old man in a blue wooden cage with black bars. I was really pleased with it, took it home then the police raided. I assumed they were looking for the revolver from the first dream. They didn't seem to find that but they were quizzing me on why I had the little man in the cage model.

The third one had me firmly moving a teenage lad out of my way by his arm in a pub after I'd said excuse me but he'd decided to be a dick and ignore me to impress his mates. This wound up some bloke in his late 50's who then tried to pick a fight with me but I stuck up for myself before it kicked off. The bar staff then congratulated me.
Sounds like you are feeling threatened by someone who you are trying to keep in check - hence the man in the cage.
And you are determined to win the battle!

I was in my late mil's house but my parents and other people were there.
A young woman had come to interview someone for a job but her shoes were covered in mud and I was looking for a red basin so that she could wash them.
Seems you are annoyed with a woman, someone involved with your family or job.
Whoever this woman is, you don't feel she is worthy enough, her shoes are 'dirty', and the red basin indicates anger on someone's part.

Quite a freaky dream last night. I was in my childhood home with my wife (who has never been there). We had some dogs running around that looked awfully like my childhood dogs, no-one else was there. I very rarely dream of this place any more - only once in the past decade that I can recall (plus this). Suddenly everything started getting sucked towards the front door as if an airlock had opened. This didn't surprise us at all, we knew we had to go upstairs to one of the upstairs rooms and close the door, but first had to round up the dogs. At this point, my wife said to me, "Oh, I forgot to mention so-and-so is outside, he came by earlier but you weren't in, so he said he would wait." So-and-so (don't recall the name) is a non-existent person, who in the dream was either my best friend or my cousin, or both; he looked like he was from south Asia (a place I've never been to, unless the Philippines count). I was a bit miffed that I hadn't been told and, rushing winds forgotten, I went outside to see my friend/cousin. He was sitting in a van loaded up with old furniture and we started to chat, when I noticed a huge mass of storm clouds looming in the sky and said we had better get inside in a hurry before the storm hit. I kept glancing skywards to the heart of the storm and noticed it had opened into a kind of portal, through which it looked... well, indescribable, like painted floating bubbles - the closest I can think of is those bubble photos that came out of the Scole experiment. This portal sort of hypnotised me, and then had my entire attention. The storm bore down and a swirling fog enveloped us. Then an alignment of 5 exceedingly bright lights, Close Encounters of the Third Kind-style, was visible through the portal and spotlighted me in a beam of intense light. I felt myself fainting and my friend/cousin grabbed me, then it was like the beam simultaneously drew me up and ejected me into my waking state. I thought that I had awoken almost completely, but the bedroom was bitterly cold - normally I would go to the loo to shake off any residual dream and stop myself sinking back into it if it was too unpleasant. But, although I would like to have gone, I found the bitter cold unnerving, and was terrified because I sensed some "other" was in the flat, and was afraid that if I got up to go to the loo, it would notice me. So I stayed in bed and went back to sleep. The dream itself wasn't particularly frightening, more interesting than anything, whereas my "waking" was quite scary.

Last edited:
I just this moment remembered a dream I had last night....

I was wearing a shirt with a deep pocket on the left side. This was my "spaghetti pocket". I was literally putting dry spaghetti and hot water in it and walking around, eating noodles from it as soon as they were done, then refilling with more dry spaghetti.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

I just this moment remembered a dream I had last night....

I was wearing a shirt with a deep pocket on the left side. This was my "spaghetti pocket". I was literally putting dry spaghetti and hot water in it and walking around, eating noodles from it as soon as they were done, then refilling with more dry spaghetti.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Obviously related to you resuming Mod activities!

Had some pretty intense dreams last night, mostly forgotten now though. My wife said I was talking a lot in my sleep but she couldn't understand anything. The only snippet I recall is that I was on a muddy country lane with two other people, staking it out at a particular zig-zag portion, because it was known to be haunted by a road ghost (BTW, I'm not into ghost hunting, I've had sporadic experiences over the years so don't see the point). First a lady came jogging down the lane and we were a bit spooked wondering if she was a ghost. She wasn't. Then I saw something like a woman in a flowing green dress with long flowing hair drift sideways across the lane and gradually dissipate into the hedgerow at the left. When I first saw it, I shouted to my companions, then as it drifted into the hedgerow I became hysterical with terror, screaming etc. I actually think I would probably be a lot calmer if I saw that in real life. That is all I remember. My Fortean reading is obviously producing some pretty interesting dreams!

I rarely have sex dreams, feel cheated.
Last night featured a large, gothic hotel, semi abandoned in the middle of an ocean with a tornado whirling past. Lots of changes in my life recently, I wake up wondering wtf.
Anywho, in this gothic hotel I was in charge of a large group of people who wanted to learn to fly.
I could easily do it, but didn't know how to teach them. The sensation of flying was wondrous. I do this a lot in dreams, the feeing is like no other. You just get this sensation in your legs and lift off...

lt was night. I was walking out of a town which, in my dream, l knew was Chester, though it didn’t resemble it. I was walking to collect my car, and my route passed over a pedestrian bridge over a busy motorway.

I decided to use my phone to take a photo of the street- and car lights from the bridge. For some reason my plans then changed, and l retraced my steps a few yards back towards “Chester.”

There was a small round tent on the footpath, in which military memorabilia was being sold. l entered and had a quick look around. A drunk man followed me in, accompanied by his sober female partner. Although he wasn’t violent or offensive he made me uncomfortable, so l left the tent and began to head for my car again.

This time, however, the bridge had changed: lt was now old, and there was no heavy traffic passing beneath it. There were high, massive decorative cast iron handrails along the side to my right; the left side abutted directly onto a rising rocky slope.

l saw something approaching me over the crest of the bridge, walking towards “Chester.” To my surprise and delight, it appeared to be an albino eagle, leading a group of llamas! l was groping for my phone when l realised that a pair on newly-weds were following me from the “Chester” side. They were both in full wedding schmutter: he in top hat & tails, carrying a digital SLR camera on a strap around his neck; her in a full white dress with tiara.

I hissed at them to avoid startling the oncoming menagerie: “Albino eagle!”, while energetically pointing it out. The groom’s expression changed to one of delight, and he began to fumble with his camera. l turned to the oncoming group again, to see that what l had thought was an eagle was in fact a peacock: Just as good!

Break!

The llamas had vanished. Now, several albino peacocks were perched on the ornate Victorian- style iron balustrade, posing as if for Cecil B. DeMille. l was drawing the married couple’s attention to them with a kind of “Ta-daah!”. flourish of my hands…

Awake.

WTF? Really, WTF?

maximus otter

Last edited:
Something about my boiler, even though the heating hasn't been on, has caused the walls of the other three flats in this block to become extremely hot, so my neighbours have come in to forcibly repair or replace it. Now they think it might be my electricity. Meanwhile, someone else is attempting to apply make-up to me as I have to get on the coach for what is fortunately only ever intended to be a single night's performance of A Clockwork Orange, in which I'm playing the lead but, as I remember from other dreams in the last six weeks or so, haven't bothered to learn my lines (don't think there were ever any rehearsals) so will have to take the script on stage with me. I was scouring my wardrobe for a suitable costume, with my neighbours disparaging some of the things I hadn't planned to wear anyway, when the rain woke me.

Amongst many odd dreams that I had last night (most of which I can't remember) the one that stuck in my mind was the following;

I was going through a shelf full of CDs and the Pink Floyd album 'The Wall' was contained within some kind of 'presentation box' sort of case thing, a cube with the same dimensions as a CD jewel case would have, but, well, 'cube shaped'.
I noticed that one face of this cube had some kind of zig-zag line that ran down it, shaped like a lightning flash, sort of irregular.
I discovered that I could somehow manipulate this cube (like one of those little boxes with the secret bits that slide out - a 'puzzle box'?) and that I could slide the opposing sides of this cube away from each other, along the zig-zag line, which revealed a chamber within, which contained one of those small CDs that you used to be able to get.
So I placed this in the CD-ROM drive on my PC and it played a video made of a Pink Floyd track I had never heard before, which was excellent.

I have absolutely no idea.

Last night I dreamed that I had to obtain some cash to pay for something, where cards weren't accepted. But the scenario was very 'futuristic'. I was driving in some kind of single-person electric vehicle, that you walked into, sat down and drove, a bit like a Dalek casing crossed with a mobility scooter. I drove to a kiosk type building, which was the local bank, but unmanned. Instead of an ATM there was a computer connected to a machine into which you put your bank card in order to get cash. I raked through my pockets but couldn't find my bank card, instead I found a brown shiny card with no details on, which was supposed to be my 'new card'. I put this into the machine but couldn't remember my number, so took it out again. There was a large American man next to me, who started to help me with the process. Then I remembered that I had some cash in my pocket anyway, but there was some level of confusion about how much cash, whether I could use it and whether it was in my pocket now or elsewhere.

I had a cracker of a dream last night, epic in length and scope, sadly most of it has now faded. In summary, I died and passed to another level of existence, guided by some cloaked figure guiding me along bright spacious corridors, where many other people were also being guided. The cloaked figure talked over my life with me and explained I would have to go back because there was incomplete business. As I was about to do so, some portal broke through and lifted me up to another level, where otherworldly freedom fighters opened an invisible window onto the spirit-processing area where the cloaked figures were guiding the dead and said "look again, see what is really there" - the cloaked figures were all dressed in bright red nazgul-style cloaks, underneath they were horrible gaunt ashen beings. As I watched they talked through the life experiences with the dead person, and extracted their memories and experiences and converted them into strange components that they assembled into weapons. "This is what they are doing, they are making weapons out of your experiences, so they can invade more realms" The dream then advanced into an epic war drama between the freedom fighters and the cloaked beings over the spirits of the dead, involving three different layers of reality. Wow! I really wish I could remember all the detail!

Last edited:
I had a cracker of a dream last night, epic in length and scope, sadly most of it has now faded. In summary, I died and passed to another level of existence, guided by some cloaked figure guiding me along bright spacious corridors, where many other people were also being guided. The cloaked figure talked over my life with me and explained I would have to go back because there was incomplete business. As I was about to do so, some portal broke through and lifted me up to another level, where otherworldly freedom fighters opened an invisible window onto the spirit-processing area where the cloaked figure were guiding the dead and said "look again, see what is really there" - the cloaked figures were all dressed in bright red nazgul-style cloaks, underneath they were horrible gaunt ashen beings. As I watched they talked through the life experiences with the dead person, and extracted their memories and experiences and converted them into strange components that they assembled into weapons. "This is what they are doing, they are making weapons out of your experiences, so they can invade more realms" The dream then advanced into an epic war drama between the freedom fighters and the cloaked beings over the spirits of the dead, involving three different layers of reality. Wow! I really wish I could remember all the detail!
Wow! Write a book!

I actually had a dream.
I was visiting my Mum and we were in her kitchen. She had several old sewing machines dotted about, all looking clean and sparkly.#
She told me that she'd finally managed to get the repairman to visit and he'd done up all of her machines.
Then she started munching on a sandwich, which had salad and big black beetles in it. My reaction was 'how can you eat that awful stuff?' and she said that she'd been told to 'eat ze bugs' by the government. She was just being an obedient citizen.
I woke up at that moment in disbelief, because that would never happen in real life.

I had a strange one last night. Me and my wife were trying to burgle Philippa Forrester. Suddenly the curtains opened at the next door house and Phil Silvers was at the window and he shouted that he was going to phone the police. We ran to our car in a panic and I got in the drivers seat,I started the car and reversed quickly and ran straight over my wife. I could feel the bumps in the car as I went over her.

Well Stillill,

That seems terrifying about your wife.

When I dream, I can not believe the thoughts that come up in my dreams.

There must be another personality in my brain totally opposite of what I am really like.

Is this called the “ Id “ or the evil trapped in the brain ?

Back