• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

G

GeorgeP

Last night before bed I watched an episode of The World at War.

At some point in the night I dreamt of being back in Mansfield, it was night(early hours of the morning?) and I was for some reason part of a group training to become a member of the Hitler Youth!!?!?!? I found myself sat crossed legged with a hundred or so other recruits and we were all instructed to find a chair, carry it over our heads and take it into a much larger room. I didnt agree with this and I made a swift exit. Outside on the streets I spotted what appeared to be U.S. troops approaching so I made my way around the back of the recruitment building to warn everyone. What I found were mostly families and workers struggling to exist in poor looking rooms - not military men and women. I then heard my father call my name and Im suddenly sat in one of his old vans with him ( my father loved that war documentary ) Ahead of us stood many recruits in the open roads and my father told me something I cannot remember now. Soon after this I woke up.

It's funny you should start this thread today, George. I don't normally remember my dreams, but last night's is an exception.

Yesterday, being in Leeds, I took the opportunity to visit the two locations where the ashes of my grandparents are scattered, to pay my respects - I didn't know if I would get another opportunity before moving abroad. Granted, I clearly was, at one level or another, looking for a sense of connection in going, but I had an amazing few moments of light, gratitude and acceptance in one location, and the clearest mental image of my other grandfather in the other. I'm not sure there was anything truly Fortean going on in addition to the interplay between my emotions and memories, but it was certainly a very worthwhile trip for me. I mention this for context.

The dream I awoke from this morning was of some huge social gathering in an equally huge castle. To my delight, my late aunt, my mother's sister, was there, and in sparkling form, in marked contrast to her miserable last few years of life. She was arm-in-arm with my mother (they were always very close), and they both seemed overjoyed to be there together.

Her ashes, incidentally, are scattered in a third location...

Mods! Yes, it's another ruddy dream thread, as if we don't have enough already! They're getting to be a nightmare!

It's funny you should start this thread today, George. I don't normally remember my dreams, but last night's is an exception.

Yesterday, being in Leeds, I took the opportunity to visit the two locations where the ashes of my grandparents are scattered, to pay my respects - I didn't know if I would get another opportunity before moving abroad. Granted, I clearly was, at one level or another, looking for a sense of connection in going, but I had an amazing few moments of light, gratitude and acceptance in one location, and the clearest mental image of my other grandfather in the other. I'm not sure there was anything truly Fortean going on in addition to the interplay between my emotions and memories, but it was certainly a very worthwhile trip for me. I mention this for context.

The dream I awoke from this morning was of some huge social gathering in an equally huge castle. To my delight, my late aunt, my mother's sister, was there, and in sparkling form, in marked contrast to her miserable last few years of life. She was arm-in-arm with my mother (they were always very close), and they both seemed overjoyed to be there together.

Her ashes, incidentally, are scattered in a third location...

Me too Krep, the only time I usually remember them is in fragments a few days or weeks later.

Well last night I dreamt but today cant remember jack sh*t. Sorry folks.

A very dark, nocturnal view of a small town. I am cycling down a High Street. The internal narrative is that I am spying on a haunted charity shop. As I approach it, to my horror, it is all lit up - the only illuminated shop on the street. At the same time as I pedal to escape, my left side rubs against some sort of invisible obstacle - it is not painful. It feels like cardboard.

Though it sounds a theatrical scenario with flimsy sets, the mood was sombre and serious, as if something hinged on this midnight act of witness.

The oddest thing is that I have never cycled - even as a child, my experiments on cycles were short-lived and I never owned one. Yet in the dream I had a vivid sensation of balancing on the saddle and working the resisting pedals as I wanted to flee the scene.

I wonder if it counts as exercise? :D

A very dark, nocturnal view of a small town. I am cycling down a High Street. The internal narrative is that I am spying on a haunted charity shop. As I approach it, to my horror, it is all lit up - the only illuminated shop on the street. At the same time as I pedal to escape, my left side rubs against some sort of invisible obstacle - it is not painful. It feels like cardboard.

Though it sounds a theatrical scenario with flimsy sets, the mood was sombre and serious, as if something hinged on this midnight act of witness.

The oddest thing is that I have never cycled - even as a child, my experiments on cycles were short-lived and I never owned one. Yet in the dream I had a vivid sensation of balancing on the saddle and working the resisting pedals as I wanted to flee the scene.
That's more than 'Quite Interesting' - I've never heard of people dreaming about things they've never done.
Most of my dreams involve activities I have tried at some time.

I dreamt I'd bought myself a very annoying parakeet. It was annoying because it wouldn't let me get a proper look at it - it was constantly either flapping around behind me or perching on top of my head.

It rained yesterday and well into the early hours of the morning...

I dreamt of two guys drilling holes outside. For some reason I knew that they where insulating the cavities of the house. However, in my bedroom water stains began to form on the ceiling so off I rushed outside to tell the two workmen. When I caught up with them they had finished and ignored my questions. Back in the bedroom I found everything had been thrown outdoors.

Now I did wake up in the night to the sound of heavy rain. Did my subconscious or my dream world formulate a scenario based around this. The wet ceiling seems similar to the rain hitting the windows and finding all of the furniture outdoors seems based upon my concern about it all getting wet from a leaking ceiling?

Other peoples dreams are usually boring but this one I'll share as it was a bit different.

I found myself in a small market town called Whey, (there's no such place), and I was trying to catch a bus to a town called Brink, (doesn't exist either), to meet my Dad to see a boxing match.

This multicolored bus arrived driven by a crazy women and a dog that seemed to be her prison warden.

We passed through the countryside with lots of strange buildings, half Hobbiton, half Portmerion, with folk dressed like they were in a Ted Nasmith Tolkein painting, (all robes and tall wizard hats). Other buildings were modern with a bad vibe - all big agricultural buildings.

The women said she been driving the bus for too long I got the impression of hundreds of years and wanted to step down. She handed me one pound fifty and a silver ring, if I put on the ring I'd become the bus driver. I got a mental note from the dog saying that the women was insane and only women can drive the bus. I gave the money and ring back.

Got to the town and met my father to see a boxing match, in the meantime after several women refused the ring and money one women sighed and said "I'll do it" and took the ring and that's when I woke up.

I'm such a f*cking hippy even if I don't look like one. Neither me or my dad like boxing particularly either.

Last edited:
I dreamt of finding myself sat on this couples garden. They were sat admiring a brick wall in what appeared to be a warm and sunny afternoon. They seemed pleased that I was there and asked me to touch the brickwork. When I did this the lot came down much to their amusement. I then found myself helping out as we rebuilt it. They were real quick at doing this whilst I struggled to keep the bricks looking level and plumb. The guy smiled and told me that I was thinking too much about levels and lines, he then took over and without touching any bricks formed them back into place.

Sounds like an enjoyable dream.

I dreamt of driving home and to my surprise finding everybody's wheely bins blocking my drive.

Maybe my neighbors dont like me.

My first dream of the night, involved being chased by zombies whilst sitting on a suitcase with Sue Perkins and a brown bear. Sue Perkins then made me a curry. I can at least explain some of this. I had that day read an article about Sue Perkins brain tumour, watched part of The Great British Bake Off and seen the advert for Sue's new programme on India. I had also had a discussion with husband about the prequel to the Walking Dead, and had watched an advert (several times) for We Bare Bears on Cartoon Network. I had also reminisced with husband about how travel with offspring as a child would have been far harder without a Trunki.

File this one under "gee, that was random" -

Dreamt that I was chanting "Sacramento, Sacramento" over and over again, like a mantra. This caused Tom Cruise to appear in a puff of smoke. He asked me why Katie Holmes had left him, and I said "I dunno, man. She was your wife, ask her!" This caused him to disappear in a huff.

Seriously, I don't know what that was about. "Sacramento" would seem the wrong word to bring about the apparition of Tom Cruise. Unless I have a secret fear that he's going to run for governor of California next...

Last edited:
Had a totally bizarre, horrid and unconnected to anything else I can think of nightmare last night.

The only bit I remember involved this guy who had the dead bodies of the Bronte sisters which he had planted upright in his garden, knee deep.

Deeply unpleasant. :eek:

OWB that sounds awful! did it take you a while to get the day going or could you shrug it off?

File this one under "gee, that was random" -

Dreamt that I was chanting "Sacramento, Sacramento" over and over again, like a mantra. This caused Tom Cruise to appear in a puff of smoke. He asked me why Katie Holmes had left him, and I said "I dunno, man. She was your wife, ask her!" This caused him to disappear in a huff.

Seriously, I don't know what that was about. "Sacramento" would seem the wrong word to bring about the apparition of Tom Cruise. Unless I have a secret fear that he's going to run for governor of California next...

Um, Tom Cruise...theres something not right about him.

Dunno if this one should be in the Dreams of the dead thread...but here goes.

Last night I dreamt of a new house, not that far from where I live now. After staring at the property (which I didnt like ) I returned home. Thats when my dad walked in and said a few words (which I cant remember) Then just as he was about to leave he came up to me and put a £10 note and four pound coins in my shirt pocket. He told me that I deserved it, I asked him what he meant by this and he replied with something about the kettle in the kitchen o_O I turned to look at the kettle and for some bizarre reason knew what he meant. My dad was now gone.

When I woke up I couldnt work out what the kitchen and kettle bits meant. Another weird dream that makes no sense whatsoever :)

I dreamt I was out jogging with David Hasselhoff and his entourage. Hasselhoff and I were in jogging gear, but everyone else was stark naked. The Hoff kept singing a song that went, "I'm Mister natural man! I'm Mister natural man!"

I was having a lovely romantic dream of being in a log cabin, whilst on holiday to somewhere I could see the Aurora. The alarm went off before I got jiggy. :(

I was in a big log cabin with a dirt floor, kneeling against a wall. A bit Blair Witch. :eek:

Then Techy came in with a nice brew and woke me up.

The last Doctor curating a collection of self portraits in an art gallery.

I was in a big log cabin with a dirt floor, kneeling against a wall. A bit Blair Witch. :eek:

Then Techy came in with a nice brew and woke me up.

Less romance and more jiggy next time please.

Back