• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Dreamt that a kingfisher (pale blue in colour) had gotten into the house. We tried to get it to fly out, but to no avail. I eventually managed to catch it with a towel and took it outside. Then my brother opened the door to get back in the house, and the bird flew straight back in. I started yelling at my brother for being such a gormless idiot when my other siblings turned up, so I had to stop shouting and be polite, when all I could think of was ways to commit murder and not be caught...
Reminds me of a film or summat we saw on TV, where a bird got in and kept flying round a room and evading a family, in some horror context.
That was not film, you were dream sharing with TIgerhawk!

I keep half-remembering something today about the Jabberwock. Think I've been dreaming about the Bandersnatch programme we saw t'other night.

I have a phobia of vomiting, which often invades my dreams.

Last night I dreamed I was part of a group of people all known to me, we were at a conference-type setting. One by one, people were succumbing to a vomiting virus and I was trying to extricate myself from the conference whilst keeping away from any contact with people, to avoid catching the virus.

Then I was the mother of a small, toddler-aged girl. She was wearing a red duffel coat and sitting between me and an (unseen) man who was my husband and her father on a chair in a restaurant. She kept saying 'I am so tired, I am so tired', which I knew meant that she had caught the virus. I laid her down on the chair with her head downwards, told her she'd soon start being sick and it was the best way to lie, and carried on my conversation with her laid head-down and dribbling slightly.

Very mundane, and Norovirus is doing the rounds up here, so that's probably prompted most of it. The small child is the weirdest part, all my children are adults and I'm not married...

I'm suffering a good deal of stress at the moment, which is being reflected in my dreams, which are dark even by my standards...

...I was standing in a queue waiting to buy some bread, when a man pushed in wanting to return a loaf he'd bought earlier; he said it was mouldy but it was only flour on what was an excellent rustic unsliced loaf. I knew from earlier that somehow he was a very bad person, possibly even evil, possibly having assaulted the girl serving us.

... so I stood behind him and strangled or garrotted him, using one of those pale brown rubber hoses that druggies are always using in films (maybe in real life – I wouldn't know!!). I pulled until he was dead, and when I finished his body was just the size and weight of a small carrier bag on the floor where he'd been standing!

Hey ho. No idea of the specific meaning of it, but it gives a good idea where my head's at at the moment.

Dreamed I was trying to get into an abortion clinic, presumably for treatment, but protestors were trying to prevent me.
I said 'Get lost, you're not stopping me!' and shoved them out of the way. Then I woke up.

Dunno what that was about.

Dreamed I was trying to get into an abortion clinic, presumably for treatment, but protestors were trying to prevent me.
I said 'Get lost, you're not stopping me!' and shoved them out of the way. Then I woke up.

Dunno what that was about.
Do you secretly wish to be rid of the rest of the posters here so you can have the site to yourself? Do you currently have extended family staying with you over the holiday season, and wish they'd go home so you can watch Bargain Hunt in your dressing gown and fluffy slippers, slurping sherry from a pint mug?

Last night, nothing. My wife and I had some friends around for pizza & beer. I drank only two and after the friends left I came down with the most severe headache I've had in a long time (chronic headache sufferer). Took some medication and within 20 minutes threw it all back up again resulting in the headaches intensity doubling in agony and me wishing for a quick death. Waited a little longer, took some more pills, went to bed and slept like the dead.

Last night, nothing. My wife and I had some friends around for pizza & beer. I drank only two and after the friends left I came down with the most severe headache I've had in a long time (chronic headache sufferer). Took some medication and within 20 minutes threw it all back up again resulting in the headaches intensity doubling in agony and me wishing for a quick death. Waited a little longer, took some more pills, went to bed and slept like the dead.
So a good time was had by all.

Is it migraine? I used to get them, real shockers, but they eventually eased off and I just get occasional one-eye blindness now.

What was on the pizza?

I suffered from a severe migraine condition for decades, and one of the things I discovered to trigger attacks was Italian sausage. There were two occasions when I had to be taken for medical attention within an hour of eating pizza with Italian sausage.

As I recall it had something to do with nitrates / nitrites in the sausage (like the sulfites / sulfates that made me ban all red wines).

As I recall it had something to do with nitrates / nitrites in the sausage (like the sulfites / sulfates that made me ban all red wines).
Same here. I can't so much as look at a bottle of red wine without getting a stabbing pain through my eye. :hurting:

Last night I dreamed a member here had hidden their posts around the board treasure-hunt style, with each post offering clues to the location of the next. (This dream-version of the board must have had a very poor search function indeed). Their last post, with a dramatic flourish, was actually hidden outside the message board, and only the brave souls willing to break through a sort of cyber-proscenium could read it.

Outside, the board was a kind of Death Star-like configuration. After passing through an airlock, we had to rappel down the surface like Luke Skywalker to find the message and read it. The point was to reply to the message, therefore proving your cleverness and bravery in finding it, but when I got there, I just felt too tired to say anything. Much like real life, I'm afraid. :p

What was on the pizza?

I suffered from a severe migraine condition for decades, and one of the things I discovered to trigger attacks was Italian sausage. There were two occasions when I had to be taken for medical attention within an hour of eating pizza with Italian sausage.

Lots of sausage, pepperoni and ham as well. WE bought it from the usual place we get them from, however they could have bought their product from a different supplier. God only knows what goes into this commercially made stuff to preserve it these days.

Same here. I can't so much as look at a bottle of red wine without getting a stabbing pain through my eye. :hurting:

Last night I dreamed a member here had hidden their posts around the board treasure-hunt style, with each post offering clues to the location of the next. (This dream-version of the board must have had a very poor search function indeed). Their last post, with a dramatic flourish, was actually hidden outside the message board, and only the brave souls willing to break through a sort of cyber-proscenium could read it.

Outside, the board was a kind of Death Star-like configuration. After passing through an airlock, we had to rappel down the surface like Luke Skywalker to find the message and read it. The point was to reply to the message, therefore proving your cleverness and bravery in finding it, but when I got there, I just felt too tired to say anything. Much like real life, I'm afraid. :p

For the same reasons as you, I'm a white or champagne drinker only. I can tolerate rose' though. Red wine triggers all sorts of reactions in me, all of them unpleasant.

Last night I dreamed I was leading a big bay horse across a road, possibly in Italy, with my children. The horse started to rear up, kicking out, and I had to hold his head down and fight to get him back under control. Then I was telling one of the children about it, and calling the horse Polish, whilst knowing that wasn't his name, but I just couldn't remember the real name. (Polish was the name of a horse I used to ride in real life. He's been dead for at least ten years).

Should point out it was Polish, as in someone from Poland. Not like Mr Sheen. That would be a daft name for a horse.

I had a forum related dream the other night that me & a few others who I didn't know found a package containing a substance on the ground. A woman in the group [who I think was Sharon Hill from the forum!] said it could be Novichok then proceeded to get quite a lot of it on her hands & went into total panic. Some went on my hands too & I wasn't pleased. We ran to the nearest house to ask for water to wash it off. When a woman answered the door it became apparent her house was in fact a van inside. She gave us a bucket of water to wash in & it seems we got away with it or maybe it wasn't Novichok after all. This happened somewhere on the coast as we later washed again in the sea. I had a feeling it was Cromer.

Quite a relief to wake up from that one.

Walking through caverns filled with ancient fossilized wooden ships. Doctor Strange-esque battles between MIB's and gods bound in human form. Riding on a troop transporter with other storm troopers across Hoth watching the locals on hover skiboards.

Must have been something in my homemade tika masala.

i had a strange dream last night/this morning about getting "friendly" (ahem) with Ruth Langford -if thats her name? i have absolutely no idea why my mind thought that one up??
And in case you were wondering, i actually woke up BEFORE anything exciting happened...
I do worry about myself sometimes

Can't tell you.

But it was ...interesting....(Hur Hur)

INT21.

I had a forum related dream the other night that me & a few others who I didn't know found a package containing a substance on the ground. A woman in the group [who I think was Sharon Hill from the forum!] said it could be Novichok then proceeded to get quite a lot of it on her hands & went into total panic. Some went on my hands too & I wasn't pleased. We ran to the nearest house to ask for water to wash it off. When a woman answered the door it became apparent her house was in fact a van inside. She gave us a bucket of water to wash in & it seems we got away with it or maybe it wasn't Novichok after all. This happened somewhere on the coast as we later washed again in the sea. I had a feeling it was Cromer.

Quite a relief to wake up from that one.
Pfft .. we snort lines of Novichock for breakfast in Cromer. Pussy.

I dreamed it had been announced en famille (since I live alone, I've no idea who announced) that we were going on holiday. Immediately. So I grabbed a pre-packed suitcase and ran through a busy city square towards the airport. A man kept trying to talk to me, telling me that I'd never manage with only one suitcase but I just laughed. The airport was more like a bus station and the aeroplane full of people moving seats and chatting, so I strapped myself in (with a very loose seatbelt) then opened my case. It was empty. A bit of scrabbling and I managed to come up with some clothes (plus some T shirts that someone had left on the plane, some of which were child sized). The plane then drove along a motorway, past some old buildings (one was a hotel, with a huge fluorescent 'head' and some ghostly artifacts in the window), a library and then we pulled in to another hotel, where we were to eat before the flight left, I heard someone shout 'profiteroles!'...

I recently flew to Australia with only hand luggage and, due to some catastrophic weather, ended up borrowing some clothes from my daughter. If this dream was designed as a warning of flying on holiday improperly prepared, then it was two months too late to be of any use!

That's more than 'Quite Interesting' - I've never heard of people dreaming about things they've never done.
Most of my dreams involve activities I have tried at some time.
I've dreamed about driving a car before, something I've never actually done. Tellingly, they're usually anxiety dreams, because I quickly realise I have no idea what I'm doing and veer out of control.

Back