• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I've dreamed about driving a car before, something I've never actually done. Tellingly, they're usually anxiety dreams, because I quickly realise I have no idea what I'm doing and veer out of control.

Some years ago I had a series of dreams in which I flew a single-engined single-seat airplane (a la WW2 fighter) in a hands-on fashion with tactile feedback from the stick and pedals. I've never flown a plane, nor been trained hands-on - not even in a simulator.

In the dreams I took off, banked, turned, located a destination airfield, and landed safely - all the while engaging the controls and actively managing my actions. There was no panic and no loss of control.

I found the experience laborious but quite pleasant, and I repeated it in other dreams for a while thereafter - sometimes deciding to fly 'my' plane when needing to 'travel'.

I also once had a dream in which I took LSD and had a trip - long before I'd ever done any such thing in real life (supposing I ever have). I can't remember it well enough to know if it was accurate, but it was a different experience from normal dreaming.

A new James Bond film.

Had all the action and ended part-way through when, instead of originally watching the film with friends, I became Bond himself.

Scene was in a, busy, hotel cocktail bar, with fellow agents and myself awaiting inevitable arrival of prerequisite villains.

Looking rather splendid in my white tuxedo, I took out my, also pure white, mobile phone and agent standing next to myself commented that it was a nice mobile.

"It's more than that", I replied, duly giving him a knowledgeable wink."It has some 'special features'...".

I then began to 'unfold' the phone and it became an origami-like artefact, complete with inherent neat folds as it gradually unravelled.

Giving this a brisk 'judder', as would would when trying to open an unused carrier bag, it instantaneously turned into a, large, white paper 'gift bag', with white cord handles.

"There's still more to it", I proclaimed, as I gave the gift bag another snap and it turned into a long, white, paper sleeping bag..

I would suspect this and similar recent, vivid, complex dreams are down to having taken a 'Kirkland Sleep Aid' (brand name) tablet at night. Friend who recommended them, confirms same experience.

Essentially, I believe it's a strong antihistamine and the vivid dreams (most nights) are a side effect. It most certainly works.

Best adventure though was being a passenger with Enid Blyton's 'Noddy' character in his famous 'Noddy Car', driving through an idyllic country, CGI generated landscape.

That was way cool...

Bonkers dream last night where I was at an all day Genesis P-Orridge farewell concert that went to shit around lunchtime when Gen started trying to sell everyone vials of fermented gizz at £250 a pop.

Went downhill from there in ways I won't go into. :O

Last edited:
Celebrities rarely feature in my dreams but Dustin Hoffman starred in a sequence this morning. He was inside a kind of tombstone or pillar. A panel in it was opaque, engraved stone with a knotted pattern but it cleared periodically to reveal Hoffman's face. Not his crumbly, present-day state nor his early days but a very typical and recognizable face. In any case, the voice was distinctive and he was giving a spiel for his evening performances. He kept emphasising that he was not appearing in Berlin, only in Babelsberg. I had the impression he was struggling to get an audience for some cabaret.

I went to investigate the building behind, which was a large church or cathedral, evidently repurposed as a theatre. On a display, set out like a menu on the steps, I saw an array of superhero-type cartoon characters. A cynical voice advised me that I might hope to see those characters but all I would get inside was Cow Woman. Despite this, I went in.

The interior was unexpected. It was light and open but, instead of pews, the body of the church had a framework of rough-hewn stone, like scaffolding, rising in square or rectangular sections to the roof. I started to climb towards a performance which was taking place in a higher zone. When I was half-way, I lost my nerve. My leg became jammed and I could not move up or down. Beneath there was hard and jagged stone. On this discomforting note the dream ended. :dunno:

Bonkers dream last night where I was at an all day Genesis P-Orridge farewell concert that went to shit around lunchtime when Gen started trying to sell everyone vials of fermented gizz at £250 a pop.

Went downhill from there in ways I won't go into. :O

By a bizarre coincidence, there is now a story posted in the Facebook Fortean group about a guy who inded up in hospital after injecting his own gizz.

I dreamed it had been announced en famille (since I live alone, I've no idea who announced) that we were going on holiday. Immediately. So I grabbed a pre-packed suitcase and ran through a busy city square towards the airport. A man kept trying to talk to me, telling me that I'd never manage with only one suitcase but I just laughed. The airport was more like a bus station and the aeroplane full of people moving seats and chatting, so I strapped myself in (with a very loose seatbelt) then opened my case. It was empty. A bit of scrabbling and I managed to come up with some clothes (plus some T shirts that someone had left on the plane, some of which were child sized). The plane then drove along a motorway, past some old buildings (one was a hotel, with a huge fluorescent 'head' and some ghostly artifacts in the window), a library and then we pulled in to another hotel, where we were to eat before the flight left, I heard someone shout 'profiteroles!'...

I recently flew to Australia with only hand luggage and, due to some catastrophic weather, ended up borrowing some clothes from my daughter. If this dream was designed as a warning of flying on holiday improperly prepared, then it was two months too late to be of any use!

PROFITEROLES!

I dreamt that I was on the bus home from work, listening to the people behind me talk about how Teresa May had just been fired as PM, and I thought it was odd, as I thought it couldn't happen for another year...

Can a PM be fired? I guess the Queen could technically do it...perhaps.

If they lose a confidence vote they are effectively fired, in May's case definitely. But the tories could continue in government if a new or even interim leader managed to cobble a majority together given the 5 year Parliament Act, it needs a 60% majority to dissolve the House of Commons.

Well last night's final dream was a plot and a half...

Phone video footage of me play fighting with Philip Schofield in a way that could easily be misconstrued as making out with him got out..despite my insistence he shouldn't show it on This Morning. It inevitably did the rounds of the celebrity canteens until I read Germaine Greer -wordy bitch - saying I should withdraw from the election if my only "presidential issue" was angst. This was some kind of gay/ ejaculation pun. I passed her in the corridor and she was alluding to having seen the uncensored racier version of the clip ( which didn't exist) to try and trick me into admitting there was one. I didn't take the bait.

What a cow.

I dreamt that I was on the bus home from work, listening to the people behind me talk about how Teresa May had just been fired as PM, and I thought it was odd, as I thought it couldn't happen for another year...
Australian PM Gough Whitlam was "fired" by the Governor General (acting on behalf of the Queen) in the 1970's (Whitlams response - Long may we say God Save The Queen, because nothing will save the Governor General - is still brilliant after all these years)

Woke up suddenly in the night from a dream where I'd been demonstrating some kind of Spirit Communicator (think Edison's Ghost Machine) to hear the vice of a woman standing behind me laughing and saying 'Oh, so THAT'S how you talk to the dead, is it, Scargy*?'

The machine was like a big old-fashioned computer and I had to reach into it and expertly twiddle the switches.

The voice was as clear as a bell. It sounded like someone I was at college with decades ago, who found everything I did hilarious.

*Name changed to protect the innocent.

Woke up suddenly in the night from a dream where I'd been demonstrating some kind of Spirit Communicator (think Edison's Ghost Machine) to hear the vice of a woman standing behind me laughing and saying 'Oh, so THAT'S how you talk to the dead, is it, Scargy*?'

The machine was like a big old-fashioned computer and I had to reach into it and expertly twiddle the switches.

The voice was as clear as a bell. It sounded like someone I was at college with decades ago, who found everything I did hilarious.

*Name changed to protect the innocent.
No switch is safe from Scargy's twiddling hands!

A very weird one, which was, I think, part of a much longer epic. Only the last part stuck in my memory.

In order to catch a train or a tram, I needed to cross a bridge. As I approached it, the height was daunting. It was not so much a bridge as a near-vertical structure, on which random characters were seated, as if at a sports ground. There was a very vivid close-up section, where I was scaling this white, plastic structure. For some reason, the easiest route was up a foul-looking stream of mud. Here and there were handles to assist my ascent and, in places, the plastic was textured with ripples and bumps for footholds. I also tried to avoid the "spectators" who seemed to me menacing, despite doing nothing evil. This part went on for a long time.

I had still to reach the height of the crossing of the tracks. Quite why this was still important is a mystery, since the structure would have blocked any tracks completely. In order to go up another a level, I had to raise a sort of manhole in the roof to enter a covered space. This region was painted pale blue. I was startled to see a trampish, historic-looking man, who was entirely painted dark blue. He sat, inert, though evidently alive.

The only conversation in the dream was with a pair of rough-looking boys, who turned out to be courteous. The old, blue man was heading for the end and it was better to let him well alone and no, there was no way across the tracks up here. I would have to descend the way I had come.

The bridge or lack-of-crossing theme was related to a real-life event, when I had forgotten to inform a friend that she would need to cross the tracks at the local station, the bridge having been demolished. I had briefly speculated whether her belief in the bridge could have enabled her to cross it. The rest of the dream was so solidly physical and textured that it seemed to laugh at the notion of symbolism! :dunno:

All I remember is Morecambe and Wise driving and crashing a huge truck, like you would get on a building site, on a country road. They were all right, and remarkably chipper, but the truck was flipped off the road completely.

Oooer, if I dream about bridges they reperesent death! That's me though, doesn't necessarily apply to anyone else.

Interesting! For me it used to be train tracks, and then once I got wise to that, tornadoes. Now that I'm wise to the tornado symbol, I'm not sure yet what my brain has coughed up to replace it.

As I was waking up I was hearing someone talking about my son who'd apparently recently bought his first car, a BMW, and crashed it and been killed. He's had several bangers and is currently after a new car so I'll text him with a reminder not to get a Beamer!

I've just remembered another from last night. IRL someone close to me died and I have his ashes. Or most of them, as various people took some to scatter at places they'd been to with him. In the dream someone was asking me where I'd had him buried. I explained that he has no grave, and they replied 'Oh so he was cremated? Are his ashes at the cemetery? My dad's are there. He has a little gravestone. You could do that...' and on and on, not really listening to me.

I've just realised what this means so I'm putting it on the Dreaming of the Dead thread.

Morning, well I dreamt that I was at a party conference somewhere in London. Got the impression that it was in the 70's and a Labour Party conference!!! As the saying goes, I must've been smoking some good @@@@!!!!( I don't even smoke!!!!). The only thing I can think of,was last night my missus had a film on last night from the 70's, it musu of kicked it off.

Odd mishmash of dreams that blurred into one really incoherent dream. Something I'd done had turned a couple of shop dummies into robotic killing machines. they had a thirty second head start on me, as I had to cobble together a death ray to stop them out of a tv remote. As I am chasing after them, I noticed there was now a third one, and thought it was going to be difficult to stop them. Then dreamt I was getting ready for work, and combing my hair, acting all suave, sofiscticated and sexy, while wondering what was wrong with this picture. Then realised I was combing a full head of hair, when I am actually bald in real life.

Dreamt that I helped a friend move a wardrobe across the street from his house to his grandfathers house, then went to church. Sitting in an almost empty pew, I shuffled along to allow a new person room, only for them to shuffle closer to me. I move along to keep a bit of space between us, but he shuffles closer. This goes on for a bit, until I snap and say loudly "Perhaps you'd rather sit in my lap!". This caused everyone who'd been watching this to burst out laughing and the man sat still. Instead of a normal church service, they showed the movie "The Thief Of Bagdad", and I thought "Oh, good, I've been meaning to watch this..."

I had another dream this morning involving tornadoes.

Preface: Every once in a while, maybe every 3 years or so, I'll have a dream about seeing multiple tornadoes descending from the sky and tearing up a city. These don't seem to correlate to any turmoil in my own life, or anything going on in the world. Plus, I love inclement weather, so these dreams are always fascinating to me.

I was in "the family home", some place I had never actually been. I had a little sister/cousin/something who I was looking out for. The dream was basically that our mother was out running some errand or another, and every time I looked outside, I would see another tornado in the distance, coming towards us. There was a lot of visible blue sky and it seemed that certain clouds would just sort of materialize, then deposit a tornado, then after it ran through there was a lot of blue sky and some wisps of very dark clouds here and there.

I'd run and grab my little sister, we'd head down to the basement and wait until the tornado passed. After the last one (just before I woke up), my sister cried in my arms asking why this kept happening. I felt secretly guilty because I was enjoying the whole thing, but I consoled her.

Additionally, after a given tornado had passed,sometimes I would catch a glimpse of it destroying buildings in the city nearby. Some buildings magically repaired damaged roof tiles, but not all had that ability.

It was a very intense dream.

Last edited:
I had another dream this morning involving tornadoes.

Preface: Every once in a while, maybe every 3 years or so, I'll have a dream about seeing multiple tornadoes descending from the sky and tearing up a city. These don't seem to correlate to any turmoil in my own life, or anything going on in the world. Plus, I love inclement weather, so these dreams are always fascinating to me.

I was in "the family home", some place I had never actually been. I had a little sister/cousin/something who I was looking out for. The dream was basically that our mother was out running some errand or another, and every time I looked outside, I would see another tornado in the distance, coming towards us. There was a lot of visible blue sky and it seemed that certain clouds would just sort of materialize, then deposit a tornado, then after it ran through there was a lot of blue sky and some wisps of very dark clouds here and there.

I'd run and grab my little sister, we'd head down to the basement and wait until the tornado passed. After the last one (just before I woke up), my sister cried in my arms asking why this kept happening. I felt secretly guilty because I was enjoying the whole thing, but I consoled her.

Additionally, after a given tornado had passed,sometimes I would catch a glimpse of it destroying buildings in the city nearby. Some buildings magically repaired damaged roof tiles, but not all had that ability.

It was a very intense dream.

23 people killed by tornadoes in Alabama.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/least-two-killed-tornado-alabama-report-says-n978736
This was appx 2 PM EST on Sunday.
Precognition?

That would be the first time my tornado dreams correlated with anything at all. I'm still thinking coincidence...but it is a little scary.

Edit: Now, if I'm watching the news and I see similar shaped buildings or the inside of the basement or something, then I'll be more of a believer.

An uneasy night. I had indigestion and could not get comfortable under the winter-duvet or by throwing it off. The dreams were sporadic and shadowy but one was strange and vivid.

I had been given half a dozen "turkey-eggs," though these were a kind unknown to Nature. They were the size of small hens' eggs, all milky white shells but the yolks were a beautiful shade of sky-blue. The circumference of these halved yolks was marked by a ring of darker-blue "seeds."

The vivid colour detail was matched in another sense-impression, for this was a dream of taste. The flavour of these eggs was exquisitely rich but mild, their texture soft and creamy, though with a touch of the sulphur expected from a yolk. There was not much narrative content, apart from a resolution to eat the half-dozen of them straight away, as they would not be at their peak for long! :dinner:

Back