• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Was travelling with my daughter and we were inspecting some type of open plan school room.
I was chatting with some of the children when the mother of some of them insisted that I was meant to have one of her little girls and wouldn't take no for an answer, then she took her other children and left.
As we were supposed to be catching a plane back home later we didn't know what we were going to do because we didn't have a passport or ticket for the little girl.
I have no idea why I would even contemplate taking a strange child home.

Reminds me of a dream I had:

I was talking with a mother about taking care of her young daughter for "3 days at a time". The little girl (around 5-6 years old) and her mother and I agreed between us that every three days the girl would decide if she wanted to spend another three days in my care or return to her mother.

The mother was insistent that I take care of her daughter, and we all came to an arrangement. The setting was rather similar to an old school classroom with wooden desks and large windows. I have no idea who the mother or daughter were, but I felt that their need was urgent and of the utmost importance.

Just woke from an after-dinner nap:

I was inside someone's house shouting at a small black fish in an aquarium in lieu of the owners of the house who were oddly absent (the house was filled with multiple onlookers but they were all guests like me). As I shouted the fish swam frantically towards me and away again repeatedly whilst spinning end over end and I was holding a handful of freshly peeled garlic cloves. I threw some garlic into the water and then turned to the crowd and threw down the rest of the cloves onto the floor and declared the house and its owners to be cursed and then stormed out.

- This played out as though I was shouting an actual curse incantation of some sort with the garlic as the material component and the fish was reacting to it's progressive chants. Does anyone know of a household curse involving garlic?

Last edited:
Normal day in London. Sudden panic. Hordes running to the nearest underground station. ALIEN INVASION!

The dream ended with me alone in an underground station / bunker thinking of the best way to kill myself.

For some reason (there was a silly reason, something to do with a statue, I've forgotten it - I don't remember dreams very well) England declared war on Italy. That was sufficiently out there that I have remembered it!

I dreamed I was walking down a corridor in a hospital, being shown a machine used to treat cancer. They were firing rays of some kind into the patient, in this case a little girl who was mostly covered with a sheet, but I could see her feet, and hear her small noise of pain when they fired the rays. Further along was a man, also being treated, and it appeared that the treatment caused the lungs to fill with water; he was coughing and spitting water as though he was drowning.

I reasoned that they were unconscious and therefore not aware of the pain/water element to their treatment.

I can only suppose that I know a fair few people who are/have been treated for cancer, so maybe it's just on my mind? The water thing was quite dramatic, let's hope that treatment never catches on!

Staying in a rather quaint B & B over the Bank Holiday, I don't usually sleep well particularly in a strange bed but Saturday night I slept like a log and had the oddest dream.

I was at my current work place and a colleagues was on the phone about an audition she had to attend, she was a bit excited and had a lot to do first so I asked if there was anything I could do to help.

Then it all got a bit odd, she told me to follow her as there was something I could help with- "everyone has a part, it just may not be the part they expect" she laughed at me over her shoulder as she dashed out of the office. I followed this woman- always just out of reach- her face and clothes kept changing, yet I knew it was the same person. We dashed through rooms and buildings, some new to me, some familar and some totally odd.

Then the singing started one voice softly chanting "Ave Maria". The singing increased in volume with more voices joining in- I just wanted to stop and listen as it was Beautiful, but she would not let me as it was not my turn yet, this apparently was just a practice as I had more important things to come.

Then I woke , thoroughly confused and disorientated, but oddly comforted.

This feeling of being comforted and valued stayed with me for days.

I dreamt that I was on the bus home from work, listening to the people behind me talk about how Teresa May had just been fired as PM, and I thought it was odd, as I thought it couldn't happen for another year...
Can a PM be fired? I guess the Queen could technically do it...perhaps.
Well, she fired herself...

Morning, dreamt that I was at a table with 3 people and were playing cards. One of the players was well shifty, the player on my right had a pile of money in front of her, the shifty geezer had his hand over her money and I saw that notes were palmed. I wanted to slap his hand but couldn't move and he knew it. Then we were joined by another bloke but it seemed that they knew each other. What got me was, that Shifty was smiling at me when he was palming the woman's money. Really weird, would love to know what it means.

Morning, dreamt that I was at a table with 3 people and were playing cards. One of the players was well shifty, the player on my right had a pile of money in front of her, the shifty geezer had his hand over her money and I saw that notes were palmed. I wanted to slap his hand but couldn't move and he knew it. Then we were joined by another bloke but it seemed that they knew each other. What got me was, that Shifty was smiling at me when he was palming the woman's money. Really weird, would love to know what it means.
It means there are thieving buggers everywhere, and there's nowt you can do about it...

Guess who is about to solve the UK's Eurovision poor placing problems? Me! In my dream I wrote a fantastic song, and in the shower I was singing it in my head. Unfortunately about ten nanoseconds later I forgot how it went. But the lyrics for the chorus were "Woooah, woooah, woooah!" Sorry to get your hopes up. If it comes back to me tonight I'll send it in.

Guess who is about to solve the UK's Eurovision poor placing problems? Me! In my dream I wrote a fantastic song, and in the shower I was singing it in my head. Unfortunately about ten nanoseconds later I forgot how it went. But the lyrics for the chorus were "Woooah, woooah, woooah!" Sorry to get your hopes up. If it comes back to me tonight I'll send it in.
Awesome lyrics. The universal language.

In retrospect, I may have been inspired by this:

Just my subconscious having a laugh again.

Last week there was a R4 programme about Eurovision songs. Someone's analysed them in terms of keys, subjects, choruses etc and should now be able to come up with a winner every year.

I dreamt about a song last night and woke with the words "worn out faces" going round and round.
When I googled it it was part of the words to " Mad World".

Did you find it kinda funny, find it kinda sad, that the dreams in which you're dying are the best you've ever had?

In my flu-addled state, I spent about eleven hours last night sort of asleep wondering what happened to Michelle Ryan.

*Googles* Oh, still acting. Could be worse.

I was invited to a vast country house for a sleep-over with a large group of strangers of all ages. Next morning everyone had gone off with the host on a Treasure Hunt, but I stayed for a late breakfast in the kitchen. Wandering to the Dining room with a piece of toast ,I met two other guests and we noticed some musicians (house-band entertainment) standing behind a sliding glass partition. It was the Popular Beat Combo The Hollies who upon seeing us started playing one of their ditties. I have no idea why I thought it was the Hollies (haven't thought about them since I was a kid) as I'm fairly sure their singer didn't used to look like Peter Wyngarde in his 40's with orange curly hair and sideburns - but the sound was fantastic.
Think of a cross between 'Eight Miles High' by the Byrds and 'I can see for Miles' by the Who. 'You know what's even better than the Hollies ..' I said to the bloke next me, '... yeah, the Hollies in your Dining room' he replied. Woke up wishing I was a musician so I could have remembered more of the sound and written it down.

Morning, dreamt that I was putting up a wall at the end of our garden but found I was going backwards and forwards trying to figure how to do it but in my head I could visualise how to it in my head. Got to Google these dreams I'm having!!!

Woke up this morning stretched along the bed on my side. In my dream I'd seen a large orange, a grapefruit and a banana in a line in a table. As I was waking up I thought I'd looked over my shoulder to see the three fruits standing in a line along my body; on my ribs, waist and hip.

I thought funny how they're in the same order as when they were on the table. I'm like a human fruit machine!

Reckon the fruit aspect is because yesterday I took a bag of huge oranges out to eat at work, then saw a display of grapefruits that included a suspiciously orange-looking one, and also because I've decided to start feeding butterflies in the garden with overripe bananas and a special butterfly-feeder I've picked up.

I dreamt last night that I had some sort of contagious disease and couldn't touch anybody. It was definitely inspired by the Game of Thrones episode I watched last night.

I dreamt that I was some sort of celebrity/notable, and had been invited to attend a meeting for the purpose of judging a competition. The competition was for people who'd apparently invented amazing wheelchairs, and my job was to interview the users and rate their chairs.

I have no idea of where any of that came from. I hadn't even eaten cheese late in the evening.

maximus otter

I dreamt I was watching Countdown and Nick Newer started telling everyone about a particular breed of Cocker Spaniel that had three cocks and three pairs of balls. Not sure what that was about!

Nick does tend to talk about rather random subjects though. The other day he started going on about how dinner plates had increased in diameter by 8 cm since the 1940s. And he once claimed to have a dead barn owl in his freezer.

(Perhaps I've just been watching too much Countdown on All 4 recently. I'm trying to catch up to date with them before the Eastbourne Tennis Tournament begins.)

i don't know if this is the right thread 'cos i'm pretty sure i was awake...but i woke up at 7am the other morning to the sound of someone in my house running a bath. i could hear the water running, the water tank refilling, someone in the bathroom, gentle splashing. but no-one in my household would be taking a bath at 7am. i was concerned. were they unwell, and thought a bath would help? after lying there, apparently awake, but maybe i was asleep, for about ten minutes, i heard someone get up. and curtains being pulling open, and...going into the bathroom.

there was no-one already in the bathroom (theres only one)!

was i dreaming, was it an hallucination? very odd.

Okay, here's a fun one from last night....

I've had this dream once before, but it was more complicated....And also, I feel like Progressive Insurance owes me a hefty sum.

I dreamed that aliens were taking over the world. Okay, done that one before and it's usually a fun dream.

Flo, from Progressive, showed up and explained that the only way to stop the aliens was by getting them to compare car insurance. (I'm NOT kidding).

So, what happened was this, I had to locate the alien ships, get them on my phone's camera, then open their app and very quickly hit some sort of "compare now" button on the app. This somehow messed with the spaceship's computer systems and caused them to blow up. I had to do this on a Progressive-sponsored scooter/motorbike.

So there I am, riding around in the Bay Area (California, for non-US-peoples) and I need to get close to each of these alien ships in order to do the thing.

I finally hit the last one and I'm supposed to meet the president (who was, since this was a dream, *not* Trump) in order to get a commendation.

So now I've got to race across the states (~1500 miles) in order to be at D.C. in the morning to get my commendation, and have to ditch work knowing that the next day my boss will never believe any of it.

So the dream actually came down to: ignore the president and the commendation, or possibly lose my job because there's no-way-in-hell that my boss will ever believe me.

Yeah, you can read into this all you like, but I thought it was damned funny.

Dreamed I was at work and opened a door with a special work key that we all hold.

However, I then noticed that the door was actually a fire door, and remembered that we don't use the keys at the depot. So I tried to close the door by pulling the bar across it but the lock was broken and it wouldn't connect. Dammit.

A man in military uniform was walking past so I asked him to slam the door from the outside for me. He did and I want back inside, and noticed a group of soldiers filing in through the main depot door.

They were looking for the lavvies so I directed them accordingly, which is something I sometimes actually do, and there were female soldiers too so I sent them to the Ladies'.

Keys, locks, dunno what's going on there.

I was in a flat, pretty high up when I noticed a hamster trying to get in through the window. I let it in and it was wearing a collar. It then ate a mouse. I brought it close to it's home address and it samoered off.

I dreamed of a friend that I've not seen for over 30 years, For the sake of this, let's call her Cathy.
Cathy was the first serious girlfriend of my best mate back in my late teens/early twenties. She was a lovely girl, great sense of humour, intelligent, a little naive, somewhat troubled by her parents divorce, good natured and fun to be around.
When my friend and her discovered sex together, it signaled the end of their relationship as Cathy found her sexual awakening blossoming and also found her sexual appetite to be quite insatiable.
Our relationship was purely platonic and we remained friends despite her and my best mate breaking up. In time she moved in with a guy that we (our group of friends) all considered a resounding loser, sleazy, dishonest, a drug taker and with a job going nowhere fast.
After 12 months of living together and isolating themselves from friends and family Cathy and her new partner moved to a sizeable town out west and I never heard from her again aside from some nasty gossip saying she was with a new partner, had had an abortion and had contracted a venereal disease.
She was one of those people I always had hoped that life would have treated well and in my dream she and I were in a cafe (present day - she looking her age) having a coffee and she was telling me all was well. Although she was now divorced she had a couple of (adult) children and seemed happy.
Whilst this wasn't a hyper realistic dream akin to some of those I've written of in the 'Dreaming of the Dead' thread, I did wake with a slight feeling that somehow she was trying to get in contact.
I may do some online sleuthing and see what I can find (though sometimes some things and some people are best left in the past).

Back