• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

It's an active dream-period for me, with the mornings still bright and early-stirrings from next-door dragging me out of deep sleep mode into dream territory. Vivid though they seem, the dreams are broken up and don't stay with me long.

All I can recall of this morning's fragments is a vivid sequence in which I was on a long, straight railway track to "Blackpool."

This was not any Blackpool known to humanity but it did have a beach. Quite clean and sandy. As we approached the shore, I needed to inspect the sand, for my feet were bare and I was cautious enough to be looking for broken glass.

Most odd was the way the beach was approached through a sort of house, maybe representing a station. I passed seamlessly from cross-country train to barefoot on the beach. All my senses seemed to be engaged for this pleasant, holiday arrival at the coast. The waves were warm and marine aromas in my nostrils. I could feel the sand under my feet. Yup, not like any Blackpool known to humanity, for sure!

No idea what brought it on. Holiday season? :thought:

Last edited:
Not last night but on Monday, damn it, i very rarely have nightmares and i mean very very very rare, I had to take a Diazepam, only 2mg, jeez, i nodded off and the next minute a guy attacks me with a chainsaw, it was so real he was at the side of me, i heard him start it up and him come at me, fecking woke up, heart racing, i was a lil scared of going back to sleep after that

Oh, man, that's not the kind of side effect you want. But is there any such thing as a good side effect to medication? Doesn't seem to be.

Not sure but that was the first time i had taken it, 2 more after that didnt appear to affect me, got rid of the rest as i didnt need them, cause the buggers didnt work, had gas at hospital instead

Not sure but that was the first time i had taken it, 2 more after that didnt appear to affect me, got rid of the rest as i didnt need them, cause the buggers didnt work, had gas at hospital instead

My dad still suffers from the heart medicine he takes, it weakens him, so you're lucky you don't need to take the diazepam.

At the weekend I had an all-night, six or seven hour dream where Gerard Butler kept repeating his most racist line from London Has Fallen (must have been because the sequel is out). Last night I had a similar dreamstate where Billy Connolly, on being asked about Supergran for which he did the theme, started repeating the line "She makes them look like a bunch of fairies!" for six or seven hours. My subconscious is aiming for "stridently non-P.C.", it seems.

At the weekend I had an all-night, six or seven hour dream where Gerard Butler kept repeating his most racist line from London Has Fallen (must have been because the sequel is out). Last night I had a similar dreamstate where Billy Connolly, on being asked about Supergran for which he did the theme, started repeating the line "She makes them look like a bunch of fairies!" for six or seven hours. My subconscious is aiming for "stridently non-P.C.", it seems.

The PC/Anti-PC war has infiltrated your subconscious, old chap.

YOUR BRAIN is the battleground.

(That sounds like a advertising slogan...)

It was all about the limited parking places in some educational establishment. As a favour, I was told, a pair of undergound hopper-type spaces would be excavated.

Cue very detailed bulldozer close-up of a metal lip being raised on the front of the machine and ancient spaces with vehicles brought to the surface.

From this point on, said parking-places were just like rotten old sheds, on the surface, with skeletal trucks within. They were towed away, presumably by the bulldozer.

Attention switched to a more modern pole, buried with the vehicles. It was an illuminated sign, warning that trusted home produce, subjected to stringent tests, could not compete with imported Chinese milk products. All said in fewer words in 1950s style.

Like many recent dreams, this one was in startlingly high definition, as if to keep pace with life in its banailty? :dunno:

Last edited:
The PC/Anti-PC war has infiltrated your subconscious, old chap.

YOUR BRAIN is the battleground.

(That sounds like a advertising slogan...)

I think it's more to do with the way my mind gets a phrase into it that it's reluctant to let go of, like a "phrase earworm". I can ignore it when awake, but when asleep my mind is its own entity, hence punishingly repetitive dreams that are a relief to wake from.

Anyway, latest dream was a lot more interesting. John Wayne was an ice cream man who followed his horse-drawn ice cream cart along a western-style street. He noticed a screen by the roadside promising a meeting with Robin Askwith as a prize if he could answer questions on celebrities, I forget most of them but one was to identify a woman from her photo, he thought it was Roseanne Barr but it was actually Elizabeth Spriggs. So the two great men never did meet.

Anyway, latest dream was a lot more interesting. John Wayne was an ice cream man who followed his horse-drawn ice cream cart along a western-style street.
Get on your horse and lick your milk!

Get on your horse and lick your milk!
That just goes with your avy. Nice.

I just finished a party with the 1977 Sex Pistols. I sang My Way and then we had a cake fight, offending only the best people. Freed up my inner Puck no end. Feel great now.

_92779211_grundy.jpg

Last night someone was telling me I had a text message that I needed to check.
Remembered this when I got up but there was nothing there.

I dreamt that the woman who has been hired to run the volunteer sessions of a local wildlife trusts group I help out with, had quit and a new bloke took over then spent the entire budget on bird tables. Which we didn't need any of.

I dreamt I had been put in a special camp for not being Scottish enough. The guards ordered me to take off my shirt to see if I had any Scottish tattoos, and were not impressed when I didn't. I'm not very patriotic, but I hope things don't get that bad (!).

I was in the grounds of a very grand gallery or library type building. A small girl looked to be peeing by the wall. No, she was playing hide-and-seek, suddenly turning and running towards me. She pressed a soft cake into my hand.

Though the substance was harmlessly cake-like, I knew that I had to dispose of it in the Women's toilet. I was now inside the foyer or lobby of this massive building. Heavy wooden panels lined the walls. Much of the floor-space was taken up with enormous tables, though nothing much was being exhibited. Was it, perhaps a court?

My way was barred, when I tried to go into the Ladies with the little cake. So I leaned against one of the tables and started to pee underneath it.

So it was all a bit of a piss relay, with a cake for baton? :dunno:

I was in the grounds of a very grand gallery or library type building. A small girl looked to be peeing by the wall. No, she was playing hide-and-seek, suddenly turning and running towards me. She pressed a soft cake into my hand.

Though the substance was harmlessly cake-like, I knew that I had to dispose of it in the Women's toilet. I was now inside the foyer or lobby of this massive building. Heavy wooden panels lined the walls. Much of the floor-space was taken up with enormous tables, though nothing much was being exhibited. Was it, perhaps a court?

My way was barred, when I tried to go into the Ladies with the little cake. So I leaned against one of the tables and started to pee underneath it.

So it was all a bit of a piss relay, with a cake for baton? :dunno:
When you woke up, was there a wet patch on the carpet?

I was giving a talk on the local Indigenous culture. My message was something like the only real way to understand is to go out onto country and listen to them.

I was giving a talk on the local Indigenous culture. My message was something like the only real way to understand is to go out onto country and listen to them.
That is a good message!

I don't often put much stock in dream content, but when it's focused so blatantly on something key in my waking life I do take more notice. Only happened half an hour ago but it will be on my mind all day at least. Might talk to my Da about it when I see him this arvo.

I don't often put much stock in dream content, but when it's focused so blatantly on something key in my waking life I do take more notice. Only happened half an hour ago but it will be on my mind all day at least. Might talk to my Da about it when I see him this arvo.
Had you thought about writing a book about Australian indigenous culture and interviewing lots of old people who know a lot about the legends? That'd do wonders for tourism and help those people.

Short answer, yes. The issue of cultural appropriation is a long and fraught one down under. Great care and sensitivity needed. I'm a bit of a liability given my current proclivities. Later, perhaps, when I've my mojo back.

Just woke from an incredibly vivid and semi-lucid dream.
Whilst dreams are, in themselves, an esoteric form of virtual reality, in this dream I visualised a huge virtual reality arena, vaguely resembling a vast Roman bath made from pristine marble. The water depth looked only to be a few inches and, as I jumped in, I felt a tingle as the water covered my ankles. The water suddenly rose to a vast height and I feared I would drown as I felt it sweep over my head. With a sense of wonder, I realised I could breathe. I then started swimming and found the sensation of water to be uncannily accurate, although its viscosity seemed slightly too low, so when I swept my arms down, I only rose a small distance. Still in my dream, I thought to myself "they haven't quite got that right" .
On waking, I felt the compulsion to Google VR simulating being underwater. Whilst there is a VR mask that supposedly recreates the sensation of water flowing over your face and there are places where you can combine snorkelling in a pool with VR, we don't seem to quite have the technology yet to produce what I experienced in my dream, which was almost reminiscent of the Holodeck in Star Trek.
Ps. despite the aqueous nature of my dream, I didn't wake to a wet bed!

Back