• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Absolutely weird one for me last night. I'm in our bathroom working on it(?) and I was trying to rescue someone from it(?). Anyway, the wall where the taps are suddenly opened and there was a Roman street scene, people were running about. Suddenly, one of the Weeping Angels came screaming out at me and tried to drag me into the wall opening, then I woke up with a start!!!! I did have a few homemade cheese scones for my lunch at work yesterday but can't figure out about the Roman street scene and the Weeping Angel( that did scare the crap out of me!!!!). Funny thing I couldn't get off to sleep as I normally do and was considering having a sleeping tablet, glad I didn't, wouldn't like to think what else would've happened!!!!

John Malkovich was in my dream last night, reading the newspaper over my shoulder. I asked him if he ever got angry (not sure why) and he smiled and giggled "Sometimes!"

Dreamt I was being mugged. Horrified by the whole thing, I could actually feel the muggers grip on my wrist as they threatened me with a knife and demanded my wallet....

Not last night but in the early hours of yesterday, I had a surreal sequence of dreams, which were funny only in retrospect.

Most have faded but the weirdest was a scene in which I was in bed with a dog and an aubergine. It was a variation on the meme of cats and cucumbers, the doggie being alarmed and changing position as I moved the vegetable around! :confused:

Not last night but in the early hours of yesterday, I had a surreal sequence of dreams, which were funny only in retrospect.

Most have faded but the weirdest was a scene in which I was in bed with a dog and an aubergine. It was a variation on the meme of cats and cucumbers, the doggie being alarmed and changing position as I moved the vegetable around! :confused:
Kinky!

I dreamed I was looking at a huge white plane, head-on. At first I thought it was the Beluga but soon realised it wasn't.

Someone told me its name, which was foreign so I didn't catch it. It looked like a swan to me though.

So I got up and went to work, and a planes-mad colleague began telling me how Russia has LOADS of deadly war planes, including a model named after a swan...

Edit - it's the White Swan. I swear I'd never heard of it!

Here's a video of it. Looks a LOT like the plane I dreamed about!

Last edited:
I have been working through cptsd with cbt exercises, in particular self parenting and I had a doozy of a dream last night. My subconscious is as blunt as I am normally.

I was walking down the street in the town I live in and someone was being mean to a dog, I wanted to go and lay them out, save the dog, people in the town told me to ''stay in my lane'', I confronted them, told them all to fuck off, and someone, older than me, dressed how I dress, exactly how I dress, leather biker jacket, ripped jeans, beard, bald with the head tattoos I want to get dragged me home, I was fighting to get away from him every single step of the way, to get back and save the dog, and he gave me a massive bear hug and wouldn't let go. Told me that not every battle needs to be fought, that it's okay to rest once in a while, that I have to. Then I woke up.

I think I'm making some headway in the swirl of shit that is my mental health

I have been working through cptsd with cbt exercises, in particular self parenting and I had a doozy of a dream last night. My subconscious is as blunt as I am normally.

I was walking down the street in the town I live in and someone was being mean to a dog, I wanted to go and lay them out, save the dog, people in the town told me to ''stay in my lane'', I confronted them, told them all to fuck off, and someone, older than me, dressed how I dress, exactly how I dress, leather biker jacket, ripped jeans, beard, bald with the head tattoos I want to get dragged me home, I was fighting to get away from him every single step of the way, to get back and save the dog, and he gave me a massive bear hug and wouldn't let go. Told me that not every battle needs to be fought, that it's okay to rest once in a while, that I have to. Then I woke up.

I think I'm making some headway in the swirl of shit that is my mental health

Glad to hear it, only you know what your dreams really refer to or are trying to tell you. Sounds like you're aware of that, which is good.

Shark Peanuts. Featuring Charlie Brown and the gang...
19881ea3903e117351a0934419be9485.jpg

Dreamed that someone was showing me things. They said 'Look at this!' and I saw my old Jack Russell terrier standing on top of a hedge.

I thought 'Oh yeah, that's Kizzy!' but then looked closer and noticed that it might actually be my parents' equally yappy and indeed very similar (and also deceased) JRT Sal.

This may come from having seen a couple of little feisty dogs at work yesterday. I love dogs.

Woke up this morning after some-one or something heavy fell on my head, pushing my neck right back into the pillows. Got up for a wee and realised I had an extra hour today so went back to bed and "rewound" the dream. Got to the point where some-one fell off the luggage rack onto my head and I woke up again less baffled. Slept some more and the dream resolved itself whereby I avoided the falling body. Of course I don't remember any of it now except for the initial sore neck.

Dreamt I was being mugged. Horrified by the whole thing, I could actually feel the muggers grip on my wrist as they threatened me with a knife and demanded my wallet....

Did you grip them back? I ask because I had a recurring dream where I'd be stabbed painfully in the side by a random passer-by and would wake up in a panic with my hand clenched over the wound.

It eventually dawned on me that the pain came from my own hand pinching my side. I decided that next time I'd consciously keep my hands still, and I did, and when the stab came I was ready and woke up pain-free. The dream never came back.

So could you have been trying to fight off the mugger in your dream and grabbed your own wrist? Just a thought.

Did you grip them back? I ask because I had a recurring dream where I'd be stabbed painfully in the side by a random passer-by and would wake up in a panic with my hand clenched over the wound.

It eventually dawned on me that the pain came from my own hand pinching my side. I decided that next time I'd consciously keep my hands still, and I did, and when the stab came I was ready and woke up pain-free. The dream never came back.

So could you have been trying to fight off the mugger in your dream and grabbed your own wrist? Just a thought.
I was too terrified to respond, as I would be in real life, I guess. Luckily, I've never been mugged...

Dreamt I went to the barber's and asked for a short back and sides. When I looked up to see the results, he'd given me the same hairstyle of Noel Edmonds circa 1975.

Dreamt that I had to throw away most my shoes, then had to go back to the bin to recover a pair since I'd not got any to wear...

An odd sequence from a longer dream (the rest of which is lost to me) which had an odd ring of significance about it:

In the dream I was speaking to a real life Austrailian teacher colleague (who in real life I haven't seen for years). She made a confession to me. She told me that in her younger days she had been struck by mutism - a psychological inabiltity or unwillingness to talk. (This is quite funny because the woman in real life is somewhat chatty and difficult to imagine as a mute). She also told me that she had got out of this by employing the techniques of a group of women in India.

This group of women in India are known as `the Rama sisters`. They are a group of women who have been striuck by mutism - not so uncommon in India (according to the dream, that is) but who have worked together to find a psychological way to overcome this. They all have the word RAM tattooed on their top left arm.

My friend told me that either she had met these women while travelling,or on the internet, and had corresponded with them and learnt their techniques (about which she was a bit vague - or just defensive).

Does anyone know if my subconcsious had picked up something real from somewhere and regurgitated it?

Dreamed I was visiting my youngest, who'd just had a baby. (In life she has no children.)
We were admiring Junior and doing general baby-care type stuff.

This is really about her xmas present, which is a sewing machine and a load of accessories. We joke on the phone about it, as if it's a baby she's expecting.

Recently the last thing I ordered for it arrived so it's all complete. Her baby's layette is ready! I have one of those gift basket sets to do it all up in so I can start that any time now.

I also dreamed that my car broke down on a car park. A pedal cable had snapped. I tried driving it but it was no good so I decided to get home on the mountain bike that I was transporting in the back.

Off I set alongside a Northern industrial canal in the pouring rain, trying hard to navigate the bumpy wet towpath with a big bag of rubbish in my right hand for which I was looking for a bin.
As approached a t-junction I thought 'I bet there's a mooring place round that corner, there'll be a bin or skip!'

Techy then brought me a brew.

Dreamt I was being chased through a pleasant rural village by Zardoz (he was at head height. Well, he is a head, he's always at head height).

Last night I dreamed of a friend who recently moved away.
We were in her small art studio drinking tea at the rear of her new house admiring the hillsides behind her new property. Suddenly, there was a noise and in the distance was a bulldozer grading soil in her neighbours land.

I dreamed I was on some kind of large lily pad and someone was there with me. It reminded me of a huge tortilla wrap. lol

I think it was some kind of apocalyptic scenario and we had been raiding the house for food supplies. I saw some dark shadows in the water and instantly thought it was a group of sharks. I started to panic. When one was directly beneath me, I looked down at it. It was a doberman pincer. I woke up and found myself angered saying out loud, WTF would dobermans be doing swimming underwater.

What a stupid dream.

Afternoon, bit if a weird one this. I dreamt last night that I was at a funeral and went to have a look at the hearse and saw the coffin... it had my name on it!!!! I couldn't see any of my relatives or friends/workmates. I went to the chapel/church and it was a bun to get to the front but it wasn't a church, it was a hall. Next thing I knew,I was at the wake but I could not speak to anyone and they couldn't see me!!!! I saw this woman and spoke to her and said no one would see me or talk to me and see just looked at me....then I woke up.

I had this impression that I was a ghost and I was at my funeral. I wasn't scared, more confused.

How's that for a Crimbo ghost story!!!!

Well, last night in a dream I won silver medal in a Marathon. I can assure you this is not a dream predicting my future! Standing on the podium was rather fun though.

Back