• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

A recurring one.

I am moving on to some place. And start packing my tools. But the more I pack the more there seems still to pack.

The move never happens. I don't get past the packing.
That sounds a lot like my life.

Reactions: Ger
For me it reflects on the fact that I do have far too much 'stuff', particularly tools that in me Golden Years I am not likely to use again.

Did they shout elegant epithets such as 'Yer gobby COWWW!'?
It was more a case of a shopkeeper accusing someone of shoplifting, I stepped in and said "You don't sell that product here, you'd know that if you'd pay attention, and the two of you can stop bringing up past complaints when dealing with each other" sort of thing. I haven't seen Coronation Street in years, so I don't know why this popped into my head...

One dream melted away when a nightmare began.

First, I dreamt I was back in school, making fun of an unpopular brat, the daughter of a reasonably popular chocolate and sweets/lollies manufacturer, which melted away when a nightmare began - a shouting, angry, demanding brother turned up and wouldn't go away...

I dreamt of Doctor Who, but he was none of the telly ones. He was in some sort of danger; the setting was like a Dartmoor tor with lots of exposed rock faces. I recall him standing in front of one, moving from side to side as if avoiding being targeted. He took refuge in some sort of shallow niche in the rock face. Nearby was a pile of a kind of tiny, palm-of-the-hand-sized human figurines (think bobbleheads) which seemed to be important.

Break.

The danger is over. The Doctor is still present, but in the background. I'm part of a group rescuing - survivors? - and shepherding them into coaches. The refugees look like members of a Seventies pop group who have been living rough for a month: all dressed in jumpsuits and neckerchiefs, with positively felonious hairdos.

Break.

I'm now one of the coach drivers. It's twilight, and I'm driving the vehicle and its Abba/Sweet/Bucks Fizz refugees through a tiny, almost mediaeval, English hamlet. The road is twisty and obstructed, yet I'm doing a surprisingly good job of navigating an enormous motor along it. Until, that is, I encounter a combo of (a) a large chest freezer on the right side of the road, and (b) a barrier followed by a 90° left turn immediately beyond it.

I'm peering out of the side windows as the flank of the coach passes within a fag-paper's thickness of the poxy freezer, when...

Awake.

maximus otter

So this is a weird one. I woke up having seizures, and mine often involve very vivid hallucinations, I "woke up" roughly 6 times so by my experience, that's 6 in a row, left me questioning whether I as actually awake as I prepared breakfast lol

I was flat out when Techy brought me offer this morning. I was dreaming of going to an airport to watch planes (which I plan to do today) and seeing small Gnat-type craft fly overhead in formation.

I said 'They're the Red Arrows! MY Red Arrows!'
I'm a big Red Arrows fan and sometimes see them flying so they're MINE, y'know.

However, the planes started to look like geese flying in 'migration' formation so I wasn't sure any more what I'd actually seen - planes, birds, mechanical birds? Some kind of spying vessel?

Coffee time!

A bizarre dream. Stepped out of an apartment building where I was enjoying some cheese and dips with one of our sons and his new fiance' to find myself on the street opposite what appeared to be an ocean themed camp for kids (albeit in the city). There were caravans selling fish and chips and other fried seafood and a concreted water park where kids were playing. Walking past this I found myself suddenly in Manhattan, New York wandering down by the Hudson River. Admiring the buildings, I came across an enormous Gothic house that had hundreds of windows and was painted in a bright vermilion colour. I thought to myself, ''I'm going to own that building in 5 years.'' Then woke up.

Dreamt I had to summon Mothra, so I walked along until I found a bridge that gave me line of sight (but not to Mothra herself, jus a space between buildings and out to a clearing beyond the city). On the bridge were three large moths, one orange/brown/beige moth, which was singing for Mothra, a darker one which was singing for Battra, and an even darker moth, singing for someone else, but I couldn't figure out who that someone else was. That was the creepiest thing of all.

At no point was Godzilla a part of this, or even to be involved, I just needed to summon Mothra by singing her song.

I need to start watching movies outside of the Godzilla franchise. Gamera is pretty good....

Fairly mundane maybe, but I thought this was interesting now that I've considered the 'cause' of it.

This morning we slept in late and during that time I had a dream about something and nothing, but the important bit was I could hear a man talking Swedish, but every so often he'd use an English word (e.g. 'you', 'take', 'need', 'today', 'each', that sort of thing.)

Random words which he should have used the Swedish equivalent of, but which he was saying in English, i.e. I understood them. The rest of the words in the sentences were ones I couldn't understand. So he was speaking in properly constructed sentences, but switching between the two languages.

But the thing was... whilst we were sleeping in late, of course the radio was playing as it comes on with the alarm. And it was on, as it always is, Sveriges Radio P1.

So I think my brain was subconsciously hearing the radio, and instantly translating and replacing the words that I can recognise, into English.

(As opposed to when I listen to it while awake, in which I clearly hear the Swedish word and mentally translate it which sometimes takes a second or two).

What fascinates me is the instant replacement of the words; in the dream I know I didn't hear, for example, "behöver" followed by "need", or "varje" followed by "each", I only heard the English equivalents.

The brain is fascinating, isn't it.

My second favourite organ!

This being your first, of course:

1584286349303.png

Dreamed I was tidying up and came across a ring box. Opened it and inside was a diamond ring, with a line of about 5 stones. I thought 'They can't be real!' but I looked inside the the ring and it had a hallmark so it was gold.

Couldn't read the hallmark (I'm good at them!) as it was too small but I was satisfied it was genuine.
Tried it on and it looked super!

I'm not interested in jewellery and certainly don't have gold rings lying around!

Whelp, I'm not getting back to sleep after that one...so I thought I'd post it here.

Preface: What other people think of as nightmares, monsters, body-snatching aliens, etc., I normally think of as a fun little romp. This is the first time in years that I actually woke myself up yelling.

Friend had a couple of stuffed bunnies she wanted me to save for her. Other friend's anaconda was just roaming loose in the house. It went for the bunnies and I snatched them away. Well, it thought I was taking its food and started chasing me through the house, trying to bite me. Every door I closed behind me had panes of glass that didn't quite fit, so there were gaps just large enough for the snake to fit through.

For some reason, I was trying to get the snake's attention (I think I didn't want to lose sight of it until I knew it was trapped or something). I finally closed another door and saw it slithering away but I needed it to be aware of me so I woke myself up by yelling at it, "I see you, you son-of-a-bitch!"

Dreamed I was tidying up and came across a ring box. Opened it and inside was a diamond ring, with a line of about 5 stones. I thought 'They can't be real!' but I looked inside the the ring and it had a hallmark so it was gold.

Couldn't read the hallmark (I'm good at them!) as it was too small but I was satisfied it was genuine.
Tried it on and it looked super!

I'm not interested in jewellery and certainly don't have gold rings lying around!
I think you subconsciously want to be adorned with jewellery. I am sure with forum members donate, we can make this dream a reality!

l was being hunted by actor Michael Rooker, who was driving one of those old-style large furniture removal vans:

MerleDixon.jpg

To escape him, l drove my double-decker bus (?) to a tall flat block, which looked a bit like Royal Crescent in Bath. Rooker arrived, parked his removal van outside, and also moved into the flats, searching them as opportunities occurred.

With another man, l seized my chance to flee when Rooker entered a temporarily-unoccupied apartment at the other end of my corridor. Down the stairs! Out of the front door, enter my bus and drive away!

Woke up.

maximus otter

I was travelling somewhere and staying in a large hotel with a group of people.
We were having a meal and my father came and kissed me on the cheek so I got up to go with him to talk.
Odd, because I have never dreamt of him since he died.

I was travelling somewhere and staying in a large hotel with a group of people.
We were having a meal and my father came and kissed me on the cheek so I got up to go with him to talk.
Odd, because I have never dreamt of him since he died.
Paying you a visit?

Maybe he was. I wish I could remember what we talked about.

Fairly mundane maybe, but I thought this was interesting now that I've considered the 'cause' of it.

This morning we slept in late and during that time I had a dream about something and nothing, but the important bit was I could hear a man talking Swedish, but every so often he'd use an English word (e.g. 'you', 'take', 'need', 'today', 'each', that sort of thing.)

Random words which he should have used the Swedish equivalent of, but which he was saying in English, i.e. I understood them. The rest of the words in the sentences were ones I couldn't understand. So he was speaking in properly constructed sentences, but switching between the two languages.

But the thing was... whilst we were sleeping in late, of course the radio was playing as it comes on with the alarm. And it was on, as it always is, Sveriges Radio P1.

So I think my brain was subconsciously hearing the radio, and instantly translating and replacing the words that I can recognise, into English.

(As opposed to when I listen to it while awake, in which I clearly hear the Swedish word and mentally translate it which sometimes takes a second or two).

What fascinates me is the instant replacement of the words; in the dream I know I didn't hear, for example, "behöver" followed by "need", or "varje" followed by "each", I only heard the English equivalents.

The brain is fascinating, isn't it.
I worked for a company in the 80’s that had a Swedish director. Our job was quite technical and involved a lot of equipment. We often heard him on the phone talking Swedish but the names of the equipment and most technical terms were spoken in English so we would hear, Hurdy Gurdy anemometer, Hurdy Gurdy manometer, Hurdy Gurdy proportional balance, Hurdy Gurdy!

Dreamt Charles Bronson left a one third of his estate. Which is good, despite never having seen any of his films...

I dont normaly remember dreams.

But last night my Mother came back. I was very glad to see her, and asked why she hadnt returned earlier,-I had thought she was dead!

Not the first time I have had this dream...

(Dead nearly 30 years now...)

Last night I dreamt I got a white rabbit as a pet. It lived in a hutch in the garden but in the daytime it would come in the house and snuggle with the cat.

Back