• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I'm in the UK right now having travelled here to visit my father - they moved him to a hospice 4 days ago. I was told that when I arrived I was to go into his private room via the patio doors from the garden. When I got there, the garden was an inner courtyard with concrete flower pots. I can honestly saw that I recognised the configuration and placement of the pots and other features from my dream including the size and shape of other elements in the garden. I was totally shocked but honestly not surprised (for some reason). It wasn't 70's style like in my dream but otherwise it was the same layout. The place where my father had been dancing in my dream was actually the patio doors into his room.

That first night after visiting him (Friday night) there was a massive thunder and lightning storm with torrential rain. I expected him to die that night to tie in with my dream but he didn't. He held on a bit and died in his sleep this morning.

This is the closet I've ever got to a vivid premonition or precognition.
Sorry to hear about your Dad, Ringo.
What an amazing link to your dream.

I’ve recently been catching up on some of the old Rick Stein programmes on Sky and leafing through some of the accompanying books we have. But I woke this morning convinced he had died overnight of a heart condition. I told the wife but she told me to lay off the cheese so close to bedtime.

I’ve recently been catching up on some of the old Rick Stein programmes on Sky and leafing through some of the accompanying books we have. But I woke this morning convinced he had died overnight of a heart condition. I told the wife but she told me to lay off the cheese so close to bedtime.

Years ago I woke up from a dream in which an announcement was made about the singer Tom Jones dying after a short illness. He will outlive us all.

Years ago I woke up from a dream in which an announcement was made about the singer Tom Jones dying after a short illness. He will outlive us all.
Dreaming about Tom Jones? It's not unusual...:mcoat:

Gherkin dogs.
Alien plants whose "fruits" grew in ths shape of a smallish terrier, when mature the dog would walk away from the plant severing the stem(tail), Inoffensive harmless plant/animals.

A friendly very fluffy black and white cat. We were wondering who the owners were and opened a packet on the collar.
There was a folded up paper giving the name and address and a folded series of photos.
As it was smooching up to me I looked down and there were 2 small pastel coloured cats with short hair and I was wondering where they had come from.

A song was playing on the radio and my wife and I could not decide whether it was from Howard Jones or The Cure. That's how exciting last nights dreams were.

I dreamt that I was awake and trying to find a small orchid plant pot on the bedside table.
In reality it's in my lounge room.

Last night I dreamt I was in a kitchen, not mine nor my friend's but my friend and her husband were urging me to make some kind of savoury pastry.
In waking life today he dropped around some pieces of a slice he had made.

Another 3 dream last night.
Someone had left the reflective part of a heater on the nature strip and I wondered what I could do with it.
Next day there were 2 more left there and I was thinking that maybe I should ring a council collection although we only get one a year.
I'm left wondering about the significance of the threes. Hoping it will be three weeks instead of 6 in stage 4 lockdown.

I was staying at the splendid country house of my aunt for the weekend, and was trying to change clothes for the evening meal, except before I could even start, every damn relative turned up and started rambling about nothing in particular, despite me telling them repeatedly (and not always nicely) to go away and let me get on with things.

Truth is the aunt in question is no longer with us, and did not own a splendid country house, but an ordinary suburban house. The human brain is weird and wonderful...

An odd one last night: l was some sort of secret agent. My partner and l were hunting a Blofeld-style international criminal of mystery. We were outside a large boarding school when a commotion from within indicated that “Ernst Stavro B.” was inside. Armed only with my trusty bowie knife and kukri (WTF?), l accompanied my colleague into the school.

The interior was very “Hogwartsy”. Eventually, we tracked down our quarry to a room on the first floor. After cornering him, l opened the interrogation by chopping a large divot of wood out of a bannister within inches of his face with the bowie, a technique l often used in my police interviews...

We had a friendly chat with top bants, and he agreed to go straight if the government bought him an expensive car!

This secret agent stuff is lemon squeezy.

maximus otter

I had 2 dreams last night. In the first there was a man who was making up food for the top restaurants to use with their added touches..
This morning on tv they were interviewing a man who had started a company to do just that.
In the other dream I was jumping out of a helicopter onto a flying board wider than a skateboard.
In my hand I had some type of pole and a black snake like apparatus wrapped itself around it and I thought in the dream that that was how the medical profession had come to use the caduceus as a sign.

Dreamt that I was trying to withdraw cash from an ATM. While searching for my card, I dumped the rest of the contents of my bag onto the keyboard. Somehow a tube of toothpaste got pulled into the machine and clogged it up...

This was a weird one....

[Note: While there is clearly one thing that pertains to covid, I put this here, as it's not uncommon for me to have alien-body-snatcher-type dreams]

I was living in a small town and some alien fungi decided to hover over it and release spores to turn everyone into mushroom people. Somehow, myself and a friend weren't affected. We realize that we can blend in and pretend we're one of them so we don't get forcible turned.

Just off the main area of the town, there's a room. In the back of the room are two glass doors that lead out to the wilderness beyond. We figure that as night falls, we can sneak through the room, out the door(s) and hopefully get away. We do exactly that. It's a dark, weird semi-forest and we hike for ages until we come across a giant river blocking our way. Turns out Canada was on the other side and we realized that even if we could cross the river, we wouldn't be allowed in (obvious covid/travel restrictions thing).

We turn around and we're maybe 100 feet from the glass door(s) we left through. We start heading back and my friend reasons that we could set up a garden/farm in the wilderness and live there, away from the alien fungi/mushroom people. I point out how close we are to the center of town.

We decide to try again the next night, but there's some sort of vicious, half-dead dog-thing guarding the doors. I grab my friend and tell him we need to go through town and get out the other side. We pretend to be mushroom people long enough to steal a school bus. Turns out there's a kid in a wheelchair who never got dropped off at school. We agree to let him out on the way, but I warn him that he'll be turned into a mushroom person too. He doesn't care, just doesn't want to miss class. When we drop him off, I see dozens of school lunches alongside the road, left by mothers because their kids forgot to take them that day.

Before I get back in the bus, I look up and there are hundreds of military aircraft in formation right above the town. Most are dropping these green glowing spheres which crack open and release a gas once they hit the ground. I realize they're fumigating the town to get rid of the alien mushroom menace. I take one more look at the sky and there's a single blue bomb being released.

I know exactly what that is, so I jump back into the bus and tell my friend to haul ass out of town. We're on the outskirts and the whole time I'm looking back, waiting for what I know is a "tactical nuke" to go off. It was in the air as we left so it should be any second. No boom. Then I realize that in movies, if you want to see an explosion, you have to look in the rear view mirror. I do so and immediately see a mushroom cloud. I say, "That's it. They nuked the town." End dream.

There's one final thing that bugs me though. Somewhere, towards the end of the dream, this quote came to me. I don't know how to explain it, but it felt like it came from outside of that particular dream.... "How can you be sure that the other stars [in the sky] are not gods unless you wage war on them?"

Anyone heard a quote like that from anywhere?

I'm in the UK right now having travelled here to visit my father - they moved him to a hospice 4 days ago. I was told that when I arrived I was to go into his private room via the patio doors from the garden. When I got there, the garden was an inner courtyard with concrete flower pots. I can honestly saw that I recognised the configuration and placement of the pots and other features from my dream including the size and shape of other elements in the garden. I was totally shocked but honestly not surprised (for some reason). It wasn't 70's style like in my dream but otherwise it was the same layout. The place where my father had been dancing in my dream was actually the patio doors into his room.

That first night after visiting him (Friday night) there was a massive thunder and lightning storm with torrential rain. I expected him to die that night to tie in with my dream but he didn't. He held on a bit and died in his sleep this morning.

This is the closet I've ever got to a vivid premonition or precognition.
Sorry for you loss

This dream has a political edge to it, hope it doesn't get me into trouble with the mods.

Trump resigned as president, and wouldn't contest the election, as he didn't want to divide the nation and cause trouble for anyone.

Then I woke up, and it was all a dream, and I felt sad...

Last edited:
I was dreaming of cycling past rows of terraced houses on one side of a street, facing fields.

This may be be because I did this on a bike ride yesterday just before and after getting myself lost and riding up a couple of culs de sac. Great fun!

I was dreaming of cycling past rows of terraced houses on one side of a street, facing fields.

This may be be because I did this on a bike ride yesterday just before and after getting myself lost and riding up a couple of culs de sac. Great fun!
I am quite fond of you cul-de-sacs...

Dreamt that Escargot was in next doors front garden, with her pet polar bears!

Polarbears.jpg

I had a nightmare..I seem to be quite prone to them for some reason. All that I can remember prior to me waking myself up what with all of the shouting and thrashing around is being in a morgue and being told to 'pick the child up, it's okay, she's not dead'......so I picked the child up, looked into her eyes....and shit....she WAS dead. Woke up shouting. :(

Last night I dreamed I'd heard that my old dear was to receive some kind of public award. It was to be given in a big room like a school hall.
I'd been left off the invitation list but turned up anyway and peeped through a rear/side door.
When Mother's name was called she stood up and strode off towards the stage to accept her gong.

I made sure nobody saw me as I wasn't supposed to be there, but was able to notice that Mother (who is 90 this year) now had shoulder-length bright blonde hair which she was wearing with a broad headband. How weird, I thought, that's not like her!

I was with a group of people and one seemed to be telling us information.
Only thing I can remember is something about being able to trust people who had the same type of brain patterns.

Dreamt that I was in a second hand bookshop run by Victoria Wood. I kept finding books that I was eager to buy, and chatting happily with Victoria when a rude woman arrived, demanding to know if they had a series of books. Victoria politely told the rude woman that it was a second hand bookshop, and what they had in stock was what people had donated....

I can only remember part of my dream but that was strange enough:
I was some form of secret agent/security bloke and there was a young lad (imagine the first Home Alone Kevin) at the top of this massive tower, climbing away from bad guys up among the microwave antennae etc. I grabbed him and told him we could skydive away ... which we did, landing safely (details forgotten) in a multi-story car park wherein we proceeded to dodge bad guys while trying to climb down the floors to the exit.
Now, I've a good head for heights and wouldn't mind trying skydiving with parachutes, but I'm no hero and I'd certainly draw the line at encouraging children to go base jumping from towers. :oops:

I dreamed that Techy and I were out on a bike ride. Techy had taken umbrage at the state of the hedges along the lanes and kept popping home to collect equipment to cut off the brambles and branches that were sticking out and scratching us.

So I was sitting on my bike looking around at the pile of saws, trimmers, loppers, clippers etc he'd brought and saying 'When the farmer sees all this he'll bloody shoot us! And anyway we're supposed to be cycling not pissing about with hedges!'

Back