• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Dreamt that I was in a second hand bookshop run by Victoria Wood. I kept finding books that I was eager to buy, and chatting happily with Victoria when a rude woman arrived, demanding to know if they had a series of books. Victoria politely told the rude woman that it was a second hand bookshop, and what they had in stock was what people had donated....
Acorn Antiques?

In the dream, I was reading a comic book with Gandalf and Judge Dread fighting aliens.

Then it was me and some vaguely hobbit-esque people going to an initially very fantasy orientated city, (elves, dwarfs Terry Gilliam, etc), to fix Gandalf's sword which broke - could not remember the name in my dream - Glambring????

Then the city turned out to be very much like my local shopping centre,

Then the forge was closed and had turned into a fucking clothing stall or something and then I really needed to go for a poo, no free toilets and I woke up.

Last edited:
I had a dream at the weekend where I was Bernard Manning, wandering around a hotel. Nobody needs that.

I had a dream at the weekend where I was Bernard Manning, wandering around a hotel. Nobody needs that.

That strikes me as unusual - I don't think I've ever had a dream in which I'm someone else. How did your Manning-ness make itself apparent? Were you overweight & telling clichèd jokes with a northern accent?

That strikes me as unusual - I don't think I've ever had a dream in which I'm someone else. How did your Manning-ness make itself apparent? Were you overweight & telling clichèd jokes with a northern accent?

I could "see" Bernard waddling about, but very close, close enough to know I WAS him. He didn't tell any jokes, but he was asked to review some pop records, which he didn't understand.

I think you’ll find that is what is more commonly called a nightmare rather than a dream.

Very odd dream in which I woke up one morning to find that I was wearing overalls and a pair of steel-toe-capped work boots, and I exclaimed to my brother (who was in my house for some reason - he lives miles away, but whatever) that I hadn't gone to sleep wearing them!
So I looked on the FT website (here) to see a topic relating to it, and that there were "reports coming in from around the world of people waking up in clothing and footwear" and the number was up in the tens of thousands.

I dreamed that I went to a second-hand bookshop owned by Patrick Moore and found lots of old Fighting Fantasy books and Asimov's Science Fiction Magazines. Moore (who seemed to be an old family friend in this dream) introduced me to Tiger Woods, then his pet (which was like a lemur with an ant-eaters nose) climbed onto my shoulder.
Stuff like that always happens when I eat peanut butter before bedtime.

I was coming back from a holiday in WA and was having to hurry and get things ready for another holiday I was leaving on straight away.
There was mention of someone called Elizabeth.
There was a last name but it skittered away when I woke.

Watching a pearl jam concert (on tv / youtube?). Eddie's face does some contortion so somehow his personality is the same yet his face is heavily lined, his facial bone structure is altered, his upper teeth jut out and his extremely bloodshot eyes roll. I pause, rewind and zoom right in on his tear ducts, play. His eyes are almost like a dog's. He's crying as he sings. His sincere emotion is awesome.

We had a nice bracing bike ride yesterday, lots of brisk exercise and fresh air, so when we'd eaten and settled down for the evening I kept nodding off.

Had several amusing microdreams, including one where I made Techy and myself matching hair scrunchies.
Same fabric and design but mine had a big bow attached, 'cos I'm a girl innit. Techy is bald but still liked his.

Dreams that I'm having I've already had some time ago and while I'm in the dream I know this. Weird.

Unusual series of dreams last night all connected to Brazil in some way.
Firstly I witnessed a large helicopter crash in a town and when going to look at the scene it was a Brazilian registered aircraft carrying a dozen or more passengers, all from Brazil.
Then I was unboxing some shower curtains (I have no idea) which had been sent from Brazil.
Then I was packing my suitcases for a holiday to Brazil.

Kept waking up and restarting my YouTube frightening stories video. This probably gave me a nightmare.

We were out cycling and I spotted a level crossing with the gate closed. I decided to watch the train go by. However, as I stood waiting another train passed me on a track I hadn't noticed. It was about a foot away from me and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

Then we had a look at a canal, where people were hurriedly fly-tipping smashed-up furniture into the water. I started taking photos until I noticed a crowd of about 20 people also doing this. I went off back to our bikes, which I noted with some annoyance had been stolen.

At some point I thought 'old on, there was definitely only one train track and I wouldn't leave the bikes unattended. I also can't remember how I got here. And where's Techy? Could this be a dream?'

At this point, when I had achieved dream lucidity, Techy woke me up with a brew.

This wasn't a "weird" dream so I'll put it here. I was pleased to see movie star Sophia Myles on Pointless Celebrities at the weekend, mostly because now I know how to pronounce her name. But she was in my kitchen in my dream last night. I chatted with her and she said she couldn't get the roles she wanted now, so hadn't been working much. I said that was a shame (I have no idea if this is true). She seemed nice enough.

I think you’ll find that is what is more commonly called a nightmare rather than a dream.
This 1982 clip of Bernard Manning on OTT was shown to some youngsters on a TV show a couple of years back. To say they were gobsmacked is a massive understatement; they couldn’t believe that something so politically incorrect was once called entertainment.
In the meantime I was splitting my sides and screaming with laughter. It’s a generational thing!

Had a weird moment today. Last night I dreamed I was at a performance of Zadok the priest by Handle. I know it well but had not listened to it that day, I had listened to other music through the day anyway I got to my office and turned the radio on the last station was listening to Classic FM kicked in and was playing Zadock. the coincidence threw me for a second!

Dreamt I was on tour with the band Oingo Boingo - despite IRL having no musical talent and having the singing voice of an irate walrus...

My brother and I were planning to fly an open top glider across the border into South America. We were decked out in summer attire. I thought it might get cold up in the sky so donned long undies, thick jeans, beannie and bomber jacket. Couldnae find my gloves so had to go downtown. Trying to get back to our expedition office I encountered many obstacles and dead ends finding myself stuck on middle storeys of buildings and car parks, lots of concrete staircases. Ultimately futile and very frustrating.

Think it's about my current difficulties trying to leave my parents' sanctuary and get back to living on my own again.

I dreamed that my husband and I gave up our house because we couldn't look after it properly and moved into a new apartment on a country club which, unlike most country clubs, had a stable and vast acreage of riding trails instead of a golf course. Our fellow tenants were sims I can't play anymore because their neighborhood got too crashy and they were having trouble arranging their Thanksgiving dinner because of the logistics of Sims 2 apartment buildings.
(IRL, we'll be in our much-loved shabby home eating something not particularly like a Thanksgiving dinner instead of going to a nearby small town to eat with my mother, brother, brother-in-law who works for TSA, sister who's a probation officer, and niece visiting from a college campus with quite a few cases of COVID; because my husband is immunocompromised and I don't want the family gathering after that to be his funeral.)

I dreamt I was back in Hebden Bridge, preparing to sit the oral component of my English GCSE. This was to take the form of an extract from a Shakespeare play (don't ask me which), which I was to deliver as part of the annual Handmade Parade through the town. Not only had I not learned my lines, I couldn't even find a hard copy of the text. I remember asking plaintively why I had to take a GCSE when I already had a PhD. Somewhere in the midst of the panic, I had time to look up and watch a Peregrine Falcon stoop down and catch a much larger, crocodile-snouted bird which another onlooker said was a Merganser.

[Dull real life detail: my daughter has just sat a load of iGCSE papers, and I've just completed the final externally-observed assessment for my advanced teaching diploma...]

Bizarrely, it transpires that both my other half and my elder daughter also dreamed about Hebden Bridge last night.

Thanks, Iris. Apparently, they also have bills with serrated edges, which might have prompted the crocodile snout imagery. The exam anxiety is easily traced, but Cthulthu only knows where my subconscious dredged all that duck imagery up from.

The common merganser eats fish. It nests in holes in trees.
And in chimney pots in Hebden Bridge, apparently :hahazebs:

l dreamed that l was in a social setting with a group of women whom l knew (in the dream, not real life). We were seated on bench-type seating around three sides of a light, bright, airy structure; perhaps a seaside hut or a huge old-style horse-drawn wooden caravan.

On the bench to my right side was a copy of Fortean Times; on the left, a cup of tea on a saucer.

A woman carrying an older baby/toddler entered the structure. The woman to my left - an attractive younger woman with stylish, short blonde hair - addressed her, saying (referring to me), “He’s a good one, he reads Fortean Times”, or words to that effect.

The woman with the baby approached me and allowed it to stand on the bench to my left. The baby promptly sat down on my teacup, and began to wail. For some reason, all the women seemed to believe that this was my fault.

The End.

maximus otter

Wnt fishing. Hooked a big'n immediately and reeled it in. It was super shiny almost fluorescent silver as it dashed about in the water trying to get off. I got it on board and unhooked it and held it up with pride then watched it's silvery starlight slowly diminish and fade until it was mere material. I felt sad.

Back