• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Dreamed that someone told me they could tell when women are pregnant and that I definitely was. I laughed and walked away to my car.

A friend in the passenger seat asked if the person might be right. 'Could you be pregnant?'
I said 'Absolutely no chance whatsoever.'
'Why not?'
'I'm 62, what do you think?'

Preface: I get a lot of these types of dreams presumably because my current apartment is too small and I've been looking to move for several years....

I dreamed I had (yet another) gigantic bedroom. There was space for everything I could want to put in it. As I looked around, I noticed that the landlady (when I asked her name she said, "Call me Void." :eek:) had been storing a number of very old pieces of really unique furniture. Mostly "China hutches" for lack of a better term, but they were intricate and quite beautiful. I asked if any could stay where they were and she replied, "Not unless you store what's already in them."

For some reason I had 4 nice chairs, two of which reclined, and she was elated that I was giving up at least two of them. Apparently she had places elsewhere in the house where they would fit nicely.

Of course, I woke up in my standard, over-stuffed apartment. That's always a little disappointing.

Preface: I get a lot of these types of dreams presumably because my current apartment is too small and I've been looking to move for several years....

I dreamed I had (yet another) gigantic bedroom. There was space for everything I could want to put in it. As I looked around, I noticed that the landlady (when I asked her name she said, "Call me Void." :eek:) had been storing a number of very old pieces of really unique furniture. Mostly "China hutches" for lack of a better term, but they were intricate and quite beautiful. I asked if any could stay where they were and she replied, "Not unless you store what's already in them."

For some reason I had 4 nice chairs, two of which reclined, and she was elated that I was giving up at least two of them. Apparently she had places elsewhere in the house where they would fit nicely.

Of course, I woke up in my standard, over-stuffed apartment. That's always a little disappointing.
Void... not spooky, then.

Dreamed that someone told me they could tell when women are pregnant and that I definitely was. I laughed and walked away to my car.

A friend in the passenger seat asked if the person might be right. 'Could you be pregnant?'
I said 'Absolutely no chance whatsoever.'
'Why not?'
'I'm 62, what do you think?'

This is dreamland - you could have been carrying somebody else's baby.

This is dreamland - you could have been carrying somebody else's baby.

Sorry, I don't know why I said that - wait yes I do - I saw a copy of a post on social media a couple of years ago where a pregnant woman found out her boyfriend was cheating on her and now she was worried it wasn't her child she was carrying.

Had another one of those nightmares where I couldn't fully control my body, but this one was unique....Usually, it's my legs that aren't working properly, this time it was my lips.

Bear with me. Take a deep breath, gently seal your lips together, then expel the air through your mouth in a "sigh". Should make a sort of "poof" sound.

Well, in the dream, that's all I could do. Every couple of seconds, my lips would automatically close and I'd expel my breath in this way. I struggled to keep them open, but couldn't. Everyone around me was getting irritated because it's very audible when one does that.

Was quite relieved when I awoke breathing normally.

I dont normally post my dreams as they veer between mundane and impossible to put into words.

Last night though I had one that was kind of both. It was in black and white (actually quite sumptious, thanks interior DP), and in the vein of an Ealing crime comedy. I arrived from another dreamscape into this one knowing I had to get changed into some sort of suit in a dingy hotel where there was a queue for the toilet. Here things got weird as the other cast members were all old school friends I havent seen in years, and we all unpacked suitcases and donned the 50s style suits therein.

Heading outside we were in a courtyard with 3 or 4 old black cabs. I knew the boot of each one contained a large number of gold bars (a la The Italian Job), and I was designated driver of one of the cabs.

We headed off into the beautifully lit streets of nighttime London, hurtling to an unknown destination but knowing the coppers were on our tail. Now some fuzziness occurs and I cant remember how it all ended if it did.

Maybe me and my classmates ended up hanging off Tower Bridge in a charabang?

It was so vivid though, and memories of all these old friends are still with me now even though I havent thought consciously about them for a very long time.

I think I had the epitome of all anxiety dreams last night. I dreamed that I needed the toilet but couldn't find one. I eventually found ladies toilets but there was a man in there and the toilets were not in cubicles so I couldn't go. Then when I woke up I found I had wet the bed. :eek: Then when I actually woke up, I hadn't really wet the bed at all!

So I had dreamed that I dreamed that I couldn't get to the toilet..:headspinner:

I think I had the epitome of all anxiety dreams last night. I dreamed that I needed the toilet but couldn't find one. I eventually found ladies toilets but there was a man in there and the toilets were not in cubicles so I couldn't go. Then when I woke up I found I had wet the bed. :eek: Then when I actually woke up, I hadn't really wet the bed at all!

So I had dreamed that I dreamed that I couldn't get to the toilet..:headspinner:
Inception!

The sun was bright, there was no epidemic, I was out along the San Antonio River, the hippos were sunning themselves, Too-Ticky from the moomin stories was fishing (even though she's normally only seen in the winter) - it was all very pleasant. My neighbor stopped me to show me a kitten she was holding, which needed brushing very badly and had an eye infection, but had plenty of kitten energy, as it demonstrated by escaping, running out along a mat of lily pads and algae, and falling into the water. When it didn't come up I dove in after it and rescued it.

I dream a lot but seldom remember them.

Last night was an exception:

My wife, daughter and I were inexplicably living in the countryside (I couldn't be sure where) and had a fairly large single-storey home with fields and woodland around us. I have more an impression than a picture in my mind, and that features lots of wood and a colonial-style building that one might have found in Malaya or Singapore.

When the dream started, I was sitting atop an incline above a grassy meadow with my back against some kind of fence/hedgerow (this was the one British element). I was reading a book when I sensed an animal behind me. Turning, I saw a male lion pacing up and down, searching in vain for a way through the obstruction to get at me, clearly frustrated at being unable to find one. Its mane was swishing dramatically, and its eyes were flitting menacingly from side to side as if it was feeding-time at the zoo.

I was alarmed and had no faith in the long-term efficacy of the barrier between us, so I fled back to the house. On recounting the event to my family, however, I found that nobody believed me; they initially thought I was joking, and later (now it was me that was frustrated) they explained it away with the idea that I'd dozed off while reading and imagined the whole encounter!

The day progressed, although to my memory it is a blank domestic ellipsis.

When evening came--and it was summer, not the icy winter we are now going through--we had a meal at the dining table in a room at the side of the house. This room, I recall, was also on the hill and had windows with wooden blinds on three sides (open to admit a breeze and the drone of cicadas--a non-British element). After the meal, we went out to stroll around the garden and the surrounding area, and then comes the part that seems laden with symbolism.

We wandered around in the dusk, chatting in a desultory fashion about the day just passed, when, quite by chance, I practically bumped into the same lion, only this time its appearance and temper were much altered: he was now gaunt and haggard and seemed to have lost weight and muscle during the few hours since we'd last met. What's more, instead of shredding me, he seemed just as eager to avoid me as I him. Curiously (zoologically speaking) he had a cub in tow that he was anxiously shepherding away from me and my family, just as I was frantically trying to drag my daughter and urge my wife away from them--and so we parted.

But not for long.

Over the course of the next ten or fifteen minutes, as we ran around the hillside, attempting a circuitous route home, we repeatedly crossed paths with this pair of lions. They were still desperate to evade us and just as dismayed as we were on finding that we seemed fated to keep meeting.

This got quite frantic, but instead of ending in confrontation as I feared, it descended into bathetic farce; by the time we finally managed to reach home, our fears had melted into exasperated shakes of the head and relief that we could finally sit down.

On reflection, I felt rather sorry for that old lion that had first scared me so much.

Do your worst!

An authority figure was saying something about my son( I don't have one in reality).
Next thing I was in a paddy wagon looking out through the bars in the rear door.
I could see outside and my son, a small dark haired boy was sending pulses of light from his eyes and hands and the door burst open and I and the others inside climbed out.
My son guided me away and said he was there to protect me. Then I noticed he was floating a bit off the ground.
I asked if he was a robot but he said he was from the future and there to protect me.
I asked how he could be my son then and he said it was the direct line of descent.
Looks like my brain has meshed together bits of stories I've read.

I dreamt I was on a bus holiday and really enjoying a day trip, but for some reason had left my handbag back at the hotel.
Next thing there was going to be a lockdown again and I was panicking because I had no money card or phone.
However we were allowed back to the hotel to pack our things.

tl:dr - a human/demon orgy to which Techy and I had tickets.

Dreamed last night that Techy arranged for us to go to some occult-themed event, like a convention. I'd be arriving first as he had work commitments.

So I went along and found it was in some kind of gloomy Gothic half-ruined mansion, most atmospheric. Met people I knew there, including a certain prominent male Pagan and a younger relation who's an actress. Everyone was friendly.

It soon became apparent that this wasn't a regular sort of meet-up. The point of the event was for mortals and demons to get close.

It was actually a sort of huge ongoing Dantesque orgy, to which Techy and I were cordially invited. Humans and imps were writhing happily together in what looked like scenes from the Inferno, except that the demons were making sure everyone was having fun.

This was a big shock and I thought 'What the FLIP have we got ourselves into?'

I decided to wait until Techy arrived to break it to him. When he rolled up I met him at a knitwear stand and showed him a lovely pullover with a pattern of little gargoyles, and started explaining what was going on. He listened intently but didn't seem surprised.

I realised he knew exactly what was going on and began wondering about the etiquette of it all. Could I carry on watching, or did I have to join in? Everyone was having fun so the demons were probably not dangerous, but they had various horns, scales, claws, bat-wings, writhing pointy tails etc so did it hurt? I didn't fancy that.

At this point the actual Techy woke me up with a cup of coffee. How disappointing.

My dream in the early hours of this morning was set in a school or college (school I think). As I was walking along a corridor, whom should I meet but John Taylor (of Duran Duran) in a "recumbent wheelchair" - the only way I can describe it - a wheelchair but he's lying more flat like one of those recumbent bicycles. I wasn't surprised to see him in this, because in the dream I knew I'd seen him like this on a previous occasion (you know how, in dreams, you have memories that aren't from waking life).

Anyway, he asked how I was, I asked how he was. He was "doing okay" but he looked quite frail (as he'd done the last time I saw him like this). He invited me to his room for a chat, so there we were in his room (more like some sort of bedsit I guess) talking about this and that. There was someone else there, a man but I don't know who he was except I assumed he was John's assistant or something, but he left so we could chat privately.

After a while I realised I'd be late for class, so John said he'd go back with me and explain to the teacher. I asked him for a photograph, he was going to give me one of his signed ones but I said "no, I mean a photograph with you" but he didn't want to do this for some reason.

So we went back to the teacher, I apologised to him and explained why I was late.

Then I woke up.

I don't think I have dreamed about Mr Taylor like this before (actually I don't think I've ever dreamed about him) but in the dream I definitely knew it wasn't the first time I'd seen him in that "state".

So... yeah. No idea what that was all about.

My dream in the early hours of this morning was set in a school or college (school I think). As I was walking along a corridor, whom should I meet but John Taylor (of Duran Duran) in a "recumbent wheelchair" - the only way I can describe it - a wheelchair but he's lying more flat like one of those recumbent bicycles. I wasn't surprised to see him in this, because in the dream I knew I'd seen him like this on a previous occasion (you know how, in dreams, you have memories that aren't from waking life).

Anyway, he asked how I was, I asked how he was. He was "doing okay" but he looked quite frail (as he'd done the last time I saw him like this). He invited me to his room for a chat, so there we were in his room (more like some sort of bedsit I guess) talking about this and that. There was someone else there, a man but I don't know who he was except I assumed he was John's assistant or something, but he left so we could chat privately.

After a while I realised I'd be late for class, so John said he'd go back with me and explain to the teacher. I asked him for a photograph, he was going to give me one of his signed ones but I said "no, I mean a photograph with you" but he didn't want to do this for some reason.

So we went back to the teacher, I apologised to him and explained why I was late.

Then I woke up.

I don't think I have dreamed about Mr Taylor like this before (actually I don't think I've ever dreamed about him) but in the dream I definitely knew it wasn't the first time I'd seen him in that "state".

So... yeah. No idea what that was all about.
Maybe this?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...lor-battled-coronavirus-isnt-always-a-killer/

No, it was nothing to do with coronavirus; this was a physical disability. In the dream when I saw him, I wasn't surprised to see him in the wheelchair because the dream-me knew I'd seen him like that before, and although I didn't have a name for what was wrong with him I was aware it was some physical, possibly degenerative thing. I probably should have described it better in my first post but I was trying not to make it too long-winded :)

He was extremely thin (he's spare-framed anyway, but in the dream he was terribly thin even moreso than in the 'Do You Believe In Shame' video) and the more I think about it, he might have had a deformity of his hands sort of like arthritis, but that might just be my brain trying to picture it now, several hours later.

Thing is, I haven't listened to any Duran Duran music for a few weeks nor thought of them / him for any reason so the dream came completely out of the blue.

A dream I had in mid-December may have been prompted by anxiety about my upcoming holiday travel plans. I was going over a checklist of items to be done before I left, including confirming the boarding arrangements for my two feline overseers. It suddenly occurred to me that I also shared my home with two donkeys and that I had made no plans for their care during my absence. I frantically began telephoning stables outside the city to see if I could board the two beasts on such short notice. At this point the absurdity of the dream became clear and I woke up.

On Saturday night I dreamt that I touched my forehead and felt that there was a large pimple there. Then I felt a sharp pain like something had bitten me. I put my hand back and couldn't feel anything but thought that I would have some kind of bite mark there in the morning
When I got up there was nothing there.
Funny thing was when I spoke to my youngest she said she dreamt she had a pimple on her face as well only to find nothing in the morning.

Dreamed I was chatting with Dame Judi Dench about a historical drama role I'd seen her in. It involved an open carriage ride with the late John le Mesurier.*

She told me about their experience of filming it and said 'We were married at the time'** and mentioned a little incident on their wedding day, which, this being a dream, I could watch as if I were there.

They'd stayed in an historic country hotel with lots of Jacobean-type woodwork and panelling.
He had nipped off to the honeymoon suite ahead of her, up a winding narrow staircase, and closed the door when she'd been halfway up the stairs.

She'd called out to him as she wasn't sure which their door was because she hadn't seen him actually go through it. This was even though there was only one door in sight.
Well, she was a bride, and there might've been another door she hadn't seen so she had to be sure! The memory made her giggle.

I thought 'I didn't know she'd been married to'im! They kept THAT quiet! Wonder what he'd have to say about it? Can't ask him though as he's dead.'

What a load of rubbish, eh. :chuckle:

*Which never actually happened.
**They never were. I dunno if they even knew each other and he was 20-odd years older.

Hmmm... Dreamt I was in non-COVID London with an imminent asteroid impact due, smaller fragments first taking down buildings all over the place, I couldn't get out of the city and was stuck there, waiting for the big one to hit. I had quite a nice view across the river of parliament getting hit by a small asteroid. I did watch Greenland on Prime about a week ago, must have bothered me more than I thought...

Last night I dreamed I was sitting in a coffee shop, having just bought some loaves of nice crusty bread. I was staring at them, wondering why I'd bought so many (I don't actually eat much bread in my waking life). Just then lots of people came in, all chattering away about someone, and I realised that they were having a post-funeral meal in the coffee shop. Everyone looked at me curiously, as though they thought I was one of the funeral-goers, and wondering what my relationship was with the deceased.
Eventually I stood up and threaded my way through the tables and past all the people. There was an elderly man sitting at one table, who seemed to be the one hosting the 'party'. He had a canula bandaged into one hand as though he'd just left hospital. I said 'I'm sorry, I seem to have gatecrashed your funeral!' just half-jokingly as I went past and out of the door.

Very strange.

Last night, due possibly to a combination of leaving Crimewatch YouTube videos running and being too warm under my 9' thick winter quilt I had awful nightmares.

One was about a serial killer who'd make you a nice rich milkshake-type drink with something nasty in it.

If you spotted the foreign object and refused the drink he'd pretend not be offended but later would hunt you down and kill you in some bizarre and painful way.

I knew this so when he offered the drink I rudely slapped it out of his hand. So we both knew where we stood. ;)

At some point I dragged myself off to the bog, still mainly asleep, and ran my hands with curiosity over the furry ears that had grown on my head.
I was actually feeling my sleep mask which has fleece on one side and quilted leopardskin on the other. It gets pushed up like an aviator's goggles when I need to see in the night.

Tonight I'm planning to listen to videos of spoken descriptions of the winners of the intermediate heats of the World's Fluffiest Kittens Competition.

A weird one at about 0200 today:

l was walking in a large grassed area, perhaps a WW2 aerodrome. l heard the noise of an aero engine high above me, and looked up to see a Spitfire diving almost vertically towards me. As it neared me, l noted that it was painted a pale blue/grey colour and had a pointed nose, like a late-war photo reconnaissance version:

03_Photographic-Reconnaissance-Spitfire.jpg

Rather than pulling out of its dive, the Spit struck the ground near me at almost 90⁰...and bounced, intact, back up again! l am almost sure that l even heard the pilot exclaim “Bollocks!”

Unfortunately, it didn’t end well: the plane’s bounce ending over the road, where it crashed into the roof of a school. I know the name of the school, which seemed particularly important in the dream: the Hook of Hours School. lt was a high, jettied, Tudor building with diamond-leaded windows and the characteristic black and white frontage.

From across the road l could see smoke rising from the crash site, and ran in that direction, trying to dial 999 on my phone as l did so. l could see teenagers behind the school’s windows, waving frantically. A double-decker bus cruised past the scene, its passengers gazing at the school.

l spoke to a male Fire Brigade operator, and remember explaining - quite calmly and in a Well-I-Never! tone - that a plane had crashed into a school: A Spitfire!, mind...

0215: Woke up. Found the dream so interesting that l composed an email to myself with the details above, and sent it.

maximus otter

PS: I’ve discussed this with the memsahib, and the crash locus seems to remind me of the area around John Lewis in Norwich:

_85597905_1845385_32989dee.jpg

m.o.

Last edited:
Of what I remember the dream started near the end, with an affable gentleman (who looked and acted like house-wives' favourite Alexander Armstrong) being held for the murder of a young woman. Although he was clearly not the murdering type, he had in fact actually killed her. Next came a flash-back to a room where the gentleman was being held in a chair by unseen persons and threatened and cajoled into firing a gun at a door. Behind the door was a man and a young woman (the victim) who were giggling at his reluctance and discomfort. The bullet went straight through the keyhole and into the woman's cheek in graphic slo-mo. Scene then changed to the unseen persons in the room - three plainclothes Detectives - setting up the plot and wandering around in a general nefarious manner. As I watched them in God-mode they occasionally self-consciously glanced up at me, as if to acknowledge that they knew they were just actors in somebody's dream.

I helped a dog to give birth, her puppies were numerous and tiny and turned out to be multicoloured, some with iridescent blue patches, like butterflies. Very odd (and probably because I'd read about the Blue Russian Dogs on this 'ere forum)!

I was in a cafe in Los Angeles lining up to buy coffees for my wife and I, looking at the milk options and they had every variety imaginable (which was many) except skim/no fat milk.

Back