• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

A yucky and totally implausible collage from history this morning ...
... l’ve seen somebody do that to themselves (different method), and the result was an embarrassment in real life, not like the Hollywood tripe described above. ...

How similar was the other incident in which you witnessed someone do that sort of thing? Dream trappings are often connected more by free association than any clear logic. Was the dream felon with the woolly hat drawn from experience, or was he a fabricated dream-character?

How similar was the other incident in which you witnessed someone do that sort of thing? Dream trappings are often connected more by free association than any clear logic. Was the dream felon with the woolly hat drawn from experience, or was he a fabricated dream-character?

Totally dissimilar. The real-life muppet attempted suicide with a blade in the public enquiry office at my first nick.

Mr. Woolly Hat is a complete fiction. Also, as a street PC, l didn’t have access to anything but conventional Hiatt handcuffs; nor would l have led a fettered suspect through crowds (“Not only the prisoner’s person in your custody, but also his reputation...”) then left him unsupervised.

l have no clue as to where any of the above account originated.

maximus otter

He was selling werewolves or he was one?

He was one, in full form. Whatever he was selling would eventually turn other people into werewolves. He was very persistent and kept trying to sell to my friends. When I heard, I went out the side door and cussed him out royally, telling him I'd "beat his ass" if he didn't leave my property immediately.

We seem to have a lot of dream threads.
Anyway, I dozed off in front of the telly last night and had a recurring dream - driving a car (which I don't do much in real life). Problem was that I'm on the road at speed whilst faffing about in the back seat - I can reach the steering wheel (just) but I can't reach the brakes. This time I managed to switch the headlights on but the beam was like a pencil torch and in the gloom I could see the legs of some people in the road. View out of the windscreen then switched to a B movie projection as the car hurtled unconvincingly down a steep wooded mountain slope. I didn't die and arrived at my Brother-in-law's house in daylight. As I got out of the car, I gave it the once-over - it was like a battle-bus out of Mad Max with some of the wheels jacked up on cinder blocks. It was also completely covered in dents and small holes and was on fire in places. Meh - survived worse.

Just work up from an odd one....

I was inside a video game and found the entrance to a temple. Once inside, I could see a fresco that said something like, "In order to solve the puzzle, you must use natural light."

That was an important clue, as I had a flashlight on me which clearly wouldn't have worked. On the fresco, there were some buttons and one opened up the roof to allow...natural light in. That was technically the end of the dream, but there was something else.

The whole reason I was in the video game is that there was a contest to see who could hide a star (for the primary players to find) in the best, most secret spot. I remember thinking, "Well, it's good I'm so familiar with this game, because I know where the stars would normally be hidden, so I can avoid being too obvious."

I was listening to a Cerne Giant podcast and fell asleep with a soft-fabric set of headphones.

So it was your usual war against gaming fantasy stuff.

To get help we had to travel back in time and also fly and the only way I could do this was to press my right index finger nail which I did a lot.

I find flying in dreams hard but I can do it.

Next, I went back in time, (to the 1930s), to recruit English folklore monsters to bring to the future to help whatever we were fighting against.

They were not real monsters but they were real to me.

I floated/flew loads around all these beautiful buildings by pressing my fingernail all before 1950.

There were Satan's imps until I pointed out they were just black cats and we could recruit them.

Then Winston Churchill turned up to stop me floating/flying around and stop me recruiting for the future. He had doctor who British Daleks but they had 30's comic-book faces.

The amount of crypto weird very English monsters I recruited was amazing.

I'd be speaking to a green snake-dragon saying "You need to come and help us"

Sad to wake up from that as it was excellent, When going back in time everything was period-perfect and I could float/fly through the smallest places to recruit some cryptid much to the dismay of 1930's brits.

Last edited:
I'm envious of people who have interesting dreams. Last dream I had, I was walking along a road in Glasgow at night and... that's it. Nothing happened.

Last night I dreamed I was driving along a road with a man I knew very vaguely. We passed an object lying in the road - a very shiny and full briefcase/satchel, and I shouted to stop and pick it up. We fetched it into the car and opened it and there were papers that I knew (from a previous job working in a science department in a school) that the briefcase belonged to a science teacher. We drove to a nearby school and I walked along a corridor, asking the way to the Head's office. When we were in the office and handing over the briefcase, the Head (a man in a suit, the place all looked very smart and formal and more like a Public school than a comprehensive) became defensive and furtive and treated us as though we'd been handling national secrets. I wondered (inside my head, I often find that I have 'thoughts' in dreams, and memories of things that haven't happened, almost as though they are 'dream memories'), if the teacher who lost the briefcase had put it on the roof of his car and driven off, and that's how it got lost.

As we left the school, feeling rather dismissed and slightly guilty rather than thanked for having done our civic duty, a small girl came up and pressed a piece of paper into my hand, that I think she thought had fallen from the briefcase. It had someting Very Important written on it...

I have only tangentially been aware of the documents found at a bus stop (?) recently, and have no real interest in them, although they did feature on the news I heard in the car yesterday. Maybe my brain found this fascinating and decided to elaborate?

As we left the school, feeling rather dismissed and slightly guilty rather than thanked for having done our civic duty, a small girl came up and pressed a piece of paper into my hand, that I think she thought had fallen from the briefcase. It had someting Very Important written on it...
The lottery numbers?

I dreamed that Michael Palin had passed away.

It was vivid enough that I had to check the news when I woke up. Delighted to find out that it wasn't true.

Also delighted to learn that he has been in a relationship with the same woman since he was 15!

Budgerigar-5.jpg
Budgies
There are hundreds tied by their necks along a railing. Old colonial upstairs balcony. I start semi-releasing them. The first gets fully free. It flies off to a streetwire across the way there. I'm sad. It looks sad too. I hold up my index finger for it to land on. It does. I'm pleased. I start releasing all. Then i hold my arms out and they land and lift me off the floor and I'm flying. I can even steer them.

Later, there are cats. One is pulling the quilt off the end of my bed. I wait. It hops on the bed, curls up in a delicious fold and settles to sleep.

I love cats. Nice cats like our last boy, anyway. He visits my dreams. I think it was him. Yes. It was. Dear old puss puss.

Then i hold my arms out and they land and lift me off the floor and I'm flying. I can even steer them.
Reminds me of a British kids' cartoon character, Freddie "Parrot-Face" Davies, based on a comedian of that name. The character was friendly with budgies who'd lift him by his coat sleeves, just as you describe, and carry him around.

Also, I too dreamed of holding out a finger for a small distressed bird to land on. Spooky.

Just a snippet:

l’m in a Far Eastern jungle with a team of others. We find a small Japanese (?) bunker in among the trees, apparently undisturbed since WW2. Within the above-ground structure we find an undamaged Japanese armoured vehicle, and tow it out into full daylight.

lt resembles a WW2 German Hetzer, except with no main gun:

1wr4.jpg

The camouflage is what l note in particular: lt’s painted in gloss colours, as if done by a huge child with a brush.

Fin.

maximus otter

Reminds me of a British kids' cartoon character, Freddie "Parrot-Face" Davies, based on a comedian of that name. The character was friendly with budgies who'd lift him by his coat sleeves, just as you describe, and carry him around.

Also, I too dreamed of holding out a finger for a small distressed bird to land on. Spooky.
The real Freddie 'parrot face' Davies is still alive!

I hold up my index finger for it to land on. It does. I'm pleased. I start releasing all. Then i hold my arms out and they land and lift me off the floor and I'm flying. I can even steer them.
Didn't your family emigrate when you were about 7? I bet you're remembering the comic character who flew like that.

Didn't your family emigrate when you were about 7? I bet you're remembering the comic character who flew like that.
Yes, from Sesame Street 1978.

Today's dredge:
Intense occult initiation process. Super-sequential. It isn't finished.

I was about to conduct an Early Music group in a Quintet - or something.

We disagreed about how to interpret the inverted-mordent, which opened the piece.

I argued that the only piece that opened with a inverted-mordent was the notorious Bach Toccata & Fugue in D minor.

I did not win the argument.

I should have undermined the authenticity of any piece opening that way. Guilt by association with the "Bach."

In waking life, I could cast doubt on Bach as author, title as Toccata, key as D minor and instrument as organ.

You just can't Google in dreams, to save your life! :dunno:

It's dark and I'm driving my car trying to get home.
There seem to be lots of roadworks with no warning and I keep coming against a blocked way but luckily some kind drivers let me in.
When I get closer to home whole roads seem to be blocked and I have to keep driving looking for a road I can turn into to get home.
I was glad to wake up as I'd been ready to burst into tears.

Not completing ones journey could be a common dream.

When I was in college, I had dreams of not knowing where my classrooms were, or I was naked and could not find my clothes.

Iris, I suspect some kind of anxiety in your life right now.

A much younger me re-uniting with a former girlfriend, only to find out her family were very unhappy with us getting back together.

When I woke up I realised I never met her family (university romance) and the unhappy family was the family of another former girlfriend. And yes, they would definitely not like it if I had started seeing their sister again (conservative Italian family).

charliebrown I think it's just the continual lockdowns dumped on us at the last minute.
It's impossible to plan anything as you never know when that freedom will be snatched away again.
We all do as we are told but we get locked down when the other side of town doesn't.

Last week, my dream basically plagiarised the film "Yesterday" except it was Star Trek that never happened instead of the Beatles. William Shatner was a very sad and dishevelled actor whose biggest role was an off Broadway production of Death of a Salesman. I asked him about Star Trek and he remembered the pilot that he acted in that never got picked up.

Really weird dream. I was a guest vocalist for one song at some rock festival and sung I Want It All with the better-than-average pop group Queen, despite not knowing any of the words after the first chorus. The crowd seemed to like it, but I walked out and went home on the train cos one of the band (in my dream) was being an unbearable, self-absorbed, idiot.

I won't say who it was, that wouldn't be fair since it was only a dream. But the dreamworld version of Anita Dobson must have the patience of a saint.

I dreamed I was off driving somewhere (possibly Penmon Point in Wales) and took a long-deceased friend along for the ride.

She decided to sit on a hill near a lighthouse and wait for me to finish my task. I was longer than expected and on my return she complained that I'd left her there for AGES and she was cold, and I'd also given her salted instead of unsalted peanuts.

I thought 'You miserable ungrateful cow, whose fault is it you're cold when you're sitting out in a little top and thin hippy skirt?
Look at Jimi Hendrix over there, he's been dead over 50 years now and HE's not complaining!'

When I then awoke I noticed that I'd kicked the duvet off and was cold, and Tim the cat was sitting roughly where I'd seen Jimi, silhouetted against the window.

It's coming up to the anniversary of Jimi's death, which I remember very well and always appreciate being marked.
The deceased friend represents unpleasant things about myself like being taken in by her and then robbed blind. :chuckle:

Look at Jimi Hendrix over there, he's been dead over 50 years now and HE's not complaining!'

When I then awoke I noticed that I'd kicked the duvet off and was cold, and Tim the cat was sitting roughly where I'd seen Jimi, silhouetted against the window.

It's coming up to the anniversary of Jimi's death, which I remember very well and always appreciate being marked.

So your cat is a reincarnation of Jimi Hendrix!

Back