• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

This was...odd.

Last night I dreamed I has gone into a toilet in a big building, like an office block or similar. I was washing my hands at the sink when the lights went out, and it was completely dark. I wasn't particularly worried (probably because the lights in our kitchen at work are on a sensor and if I'm just sitting in there it quite frequently plunges me into darkness) and carried on washing my hands.

Then the door opened. Someone stood in the doorway, but it was dark outside too and I couldn't see them. A sense of mischief came over me and I whispered 'turn on the light'. The person coming in stood very still. They didn't turn on the light. I whispered it again.

Then I felt a sensation as though someone were pressed up against my right side. I could feel a body weight from my shoulder down, just leaning against me, but not breathing, but I couldn't see anything, no person at all. Just this warm weight, wearing clothes, almost slumped against me.

I woke up. I'd been lying on my side so I had probably felt my own body while I was sleeping, and the darkness came from not being able to open my eyes, so maybe I'd been in a half-waking state? It was the whispering, knowing that I was going to scare someone by whispering to them in the total darkness that concerned me. I'm turning into the kind of person who tries to frighten people in my dreams!

Wasn't in the old Commonwealth Institute was it? It's since closed and become the design museum apparently. I remember going on a school trip there in the '60s but I can't remember much about it. Probably some exhibits on various Commonwealth countries exports, customs, etc. but I don't know whether they had exhibitions or not.

https://c20society.org.uk/lost-modern/commonwealth-institute-london

Interior pics here:

https://rbkclocalstudies.wordpress.com/2016/12/01/what-is-the-commonwealth-institute/
Which was of course the venue for several Fortean Times UnConventions.

This was...odd.

Last night I dreamed I has gone into a toilet in a big building, like an office block or similar. I was washing my hands at the sink when the lights went out, and it was completely dark. I wasn't particularly worried (probably because the lights in our kitchen at work are on a sensor and if I'm just sitting in there it quite frequently plunges me into darkness) and carried on washing my hands.

Then the door opened. Someone stood in the doorway, but it was dark outside too and I couldn't see them. A sense of mischief came over me and I whispered 'turn on the light'. The person coming in stood very still. They didn't turn on the light. I whispered it again.

Then I felt a sensation as though someone were pressed up against my right side. I could feel a body weight from my shoulder down, just leaning against me, but not breathing, but I couldn't see anything, no person at all. Just this warm weight, wearing clothes, almost slumped against me.

I woke up. I'd been lying on my side so I had probably felt my own body while I was sleeping, and the darkness came from not being able to open my eyes, so maybe I'd been in a half-waking state? It was the whispering, knowing that I was going to scare someone by whispering to them in the total darkness that concerned me. I'm turning into the kind of person who tries to frighten people in my dreams!
I like playing with the idea that you haunted some complete stranger last night...

I was in either a library/bookshop/both looking at the children or YA section - as were several other adults, no children. Boris Johnson came in and made a lot of fuss, we all ignored him and he went away.

I can never remember dreams but I woke in the night and just caught a glimpse of something before it got away. It seemed to involve a polar expedition and everyone was wearing those thick orange jackets. I have no idea what it was about and I seemed to be looking down on them from above.

I like playing with the idea that you haunted some complete stranger last night...
I was telling my daughter about the dream and she said 'somewhere there's someone telling other people about how they dreamed about someone whispering 'turn the light on' to them in the dark...

I dont normally remember dreams but having been woken up suddenly last night I remembered a small part of a dream. I was in a shop of some kind and paid for my purchases with 3 coins. The person at the till pointed out that none of the coins were genuine. One was a pound coin which was unusually heavy and obviously fake. And thats all I can recall!

I dreamt of Microsoft Excel ...

I caught COVID (for the first time) last Friday, and I've been in a state of febrile confusion since. Unfortunately, my rare periods of rest are literally invaded by thoughts relating to my job. Not the most pleasing thoughts for sure ! Can you imagine dreaming that you endlessly insert meaningless data into cells, for an entire night. That's ridiculous.

At least it illustrates how mentally fragile we can turn when health is shattered.

I dreamt of Microsoft Excel ...

I caught COVID (for the first time) last Friday, and I've been in a state of febrile confusion since. Unfortunately, my rare periods of rest are literally invaded by thoughts relating to my job. Not the most pleasing thoughts for sure ! Can you imagine dreaming that you endlessly insert meaningless data into cells, for an entire night. That's ridiculous.

At least it illustrates how mentally fragile we can turn when health is shattered.
Hope you are feeling well soon.

Can you imagine dreaming that you endlessly insert meaningless data into cells, for an entire night. That's ridiculous.
Yes - I had exactly that dream just a few weeks ago. The last time I needed to use Excel at work was about 13 years ago.
And the worse thing was that even once I had woken up, I was still carrying out the work in my head, as though I still needed to finish it off for the dream.

I dont normally remember dreams but having been woken up suddenly last night I remembered a small part of a dream. I was in a shop of some kind and paid for my purchases with 3 coins. The person at the till pointed out that none of the coins were genuine. One was a pound coin which was unusually heavy and obviously fake. And thats all I can recall!
Pity it wasn't pennies then really, for then ~ you would have been able to recall your thoughts!

Yes - I had exactly that dream just a few weeks ago. The last time I needed to use Excel at work was about 13 years ago.
And the worse thing was that even once I had woken up, I was still carrying out the work in my head, as though I still needed to finish it off for the dream.
It may have been because you had been listening to music.
If you entered "Hosanna" in each cell it was because you'd heard "Hosanna in Excel Sheets"

I had some incredibly interesting dream last night, which even during the dream I was thinking "Oh boy - am I going to enjoy posting about this tomorrow?!".
But can I remember now what the dream was about?
Can I bo**ocks.

I dreamed I parked my e-bike in a wood next to the end of some railway tracks. There were no buffers, I noticed, just a bank of soil which seemed rather inadequate.

The bike was loaded down with hi-viz accessories and a couple of shopping bags full of groceries. As I turned back to it from looking at the tracks I spotted two scrotes touching it.

I roared 'Oi, get your FUCKING hands off my bike!' and they scarpered.

This is about my obsession with hi-viz and reflective fabrics, and also a conversation I had with Techy about how safe my mountain bike is at work.
(It is, but I'm not taking my e-bike there and he suggested!)

I dreamed I was sleeping on the sofa downstairs (I was not, I was in my bed as normal). I stood up and realised that the rug hadn't been rolled up (I have to roll the rug up every night before bed otherwise my little bastard of a terrier will pee on it). I stared at the rug for a moment, and then decided that there was no point in rolling it as I was sleeping on the sofa anyway, which should prove a deterrent to piddling dog.

This was possibly the most boring dream I have ever remembered.

I dreamed I was sleeping on the sofa downstairs (I was not, I was in my bed as normal). I stood up and realised that the rug hadn't been rolled up (I have to roll the rug up every night before bed otherwise my little bastard of a terrier will pee on it). I stared at the rug for a moment, and then decided that there was no point in rolling it as I was sleeping on the sofa anyway, which should prove a deterrent to piddling dog.

Your subconscious is nagging you about the dog's piddle problem. It says 'Do I need to personally guard that rug? What have I done to deserve this?'

That'll be 2/6, please.

Odd one last night.
I had gone to a library because it was a 'warming place' (not anything that has bothered me IRL though) and as such it was quite busy.
I found a place to sit and got my own book out. A large sort of 'coffee table' book, but apparently without any text in, just a line drawing of a random thing on each page.
There were a group of Primary school aged children in there off to one side (probably about 8 or 9 years old) excitedly doing something reading related, sitting at those little tables.
I heard a woman saying out loud, clearly directed at me "You should read our books - they're specially adapted for use with laser pointers!"
She was pointing me towards a pile of books that looked similar to the one I was looking at.
"No, I'd rather continue reading mine" I said.
She got quite insistent and repeated her instruction to read their books.
I said "You sound like a Nazi!"
She seemed quite aggrieved at that remark but then a sarcastic sort of smile of smile appeared on her face and she asked me "Who is your favourite Nazi???"
"Eichmann!" I replied.
"Pah!" she exclaimed, "Eichmann was French!"
"Okay" I said "I'm not going to have an argument with you in front of the children".

I woke up thinking "I'm sure Eichmann was German?"
Of course he was.
Bloody silly dream. And why Nazis anyway? I have no interest in them.

Odd one last night.
I had gone to a library because it was a 'warming place' (not anything that has bothered me IRL though) and as such it was quite busy.
I found a place to sit and got my own book out. A large sort of 'coffee table' book, but apparently without any text in, just a line drawing of a random thing on each page.
There were a group of Primary school aged children in there off to one side (probably about 8 or 9 years old) excitedly doing something reading related, sitting at those little tables.
I heard a woman saying out loud, clearly directed at me "You should read our books - they're specially adapted for use with laser pointers!"
She was pointing me towards a pile of books that looked similar to the one I was looking at.
"No, I'd rather continue reading mine" I said.
She got quite insistent and repeated her instruction to read their books.
I said "You sound like a Nazi!"
She seemed quite aggrieved at that remark but then a sarcastic sort of smile of smile appeared on her face and she asked me "Who is your favourite Nazi???"
"Eichmann!" I replied.
"Pah!" she exclaimed, "Eichmann was French!"
"Okay" I said "I'm not going to have an argument with you in front of the children".

I woke up thinking "I'm sure Eichmann was German?"
Of course he was.
Bloody silly dream. And why Nazis anyway? I have no interest in them.
I'm interested in why you chose Eichmann. I would have no real clue as to a Nazi's name that would come to me irl or in dream. That is where I would be looking if it were my dream.

Last night I dreamed I was walking my horse (who has been out on permanent loan for the last twenty years, because I couldn't afford to keep him), along beside a road. Then suddenly he broke loose and was in a tiny paddock, marked out of a larger field, and galloping up and down in a snowy landscape, just up and down this little paddockm throwing his head about and enjoying himself hugely.

I climbed over the gate and caught him, and then jumped up onto his back.

This lad (whom I am fairly sure is still alive) is nearly 30 years old and at retirement on a farm in the moors. I wonder if this was him visiting me for a last time...

I'm interested in why you chose Eichmann. I would have no real clue as to a Nazi's name that would come to me irl or in dream. That is where I would be looking if it were my dream.
Eichmann was a very famous Nazi especially after the war. He was still in the news throughout the '60s because of his capture by Israeli Nazi hunters that led to his trial and execution. Certain authors would have no oeuvre without the likes of Eichmann!

Last night I dreamed I was walking my horse (who has been out on permanent loan for the last twenty years, because I couldn't afford to keep him), along beside a road. Then suddenly he broke loose and was in a tiny paddock, marked out of a larger field, and galloping up and down in a snowy landscape, just up and down this little paddockm throwing his head about and enjoying himself hugely.

I climbed over the gate and caught him, and then jumped up onto his back.

This lad (whom I am fairly sure is still alive) is nearly 30 years old and at retirement on a farm in the moors. I wonder if this was him visiting me for a last time...
If I had this dream I'd be interpreting it as my subconscious accepting and sharing what you've said about the beloved horse's advanced age. Is 30 about the age they live to? Your subconscious will know, and also how old your horse is, to the day.

There's also contentment about your decision to loan him because you know he's been well looked-after, and would remember you fondly (if horses do that).

That's just me, of course.
Let us know if you hear anything.

You need one of those pee-detecting UV torches like mine. :wink2:

If I had this dream I'd be interpreting it as my subconscious accepting and sharing what you've said about the beloved horse's advanced age. Is 30 about the age they live to? Your subconscious will know, and also how old your horse is, to the day.

There's also contentment about your decision to loan him because you know he's been well looked-after, and would remember you fondly (if horses do that).

That's just me, of course.
Let us know if you hear anything.
He's a Fell, and they can live to 40, so imminent end wasn't really on my mind. I'm still in touch with the lady who has him, occasionally, so I am sure she would pop by and tell me if he'd gone. He's got a lovely life in a field, and is still occasionally ridden by children, so I know he's having a great time. I'll let you know if the dream was prophetic!
You need one of those pee-detecting UV torches like mine. :wink2:
I don't need one. I've got a nose plus the damp patches are quite obvious. Fortunately it's not a 'vital' rug so I can replace if it gets too disgusting, and the rug in the kitchen is machine washable! My old dogs became incontinent, so I'm used to the spray/mop/scrub routine, it's more the fact that she's a little bugger who only does it when nobody is about!

I had an all-nighter last night, I can't remember much of the detail but it was pretty grim. I was on a beach in Spain when I noticed that the water had withdrawn and the sea bed was visible, at first I was just curious but alarm bells were going off in the back of my mind, something telling me "this is not good - you have to get out of here". Then I looked out to sea and could see a wall of water fast approaching and I began to run, knowing I would never make it to safety in time. I saw a sea wall and took shelter behind it, even though I knew it would be engulfed. I was cowering there for a short time, then the tsunami hit, then I woke up further along the beach on a rise - a family had found me in the water and dragged me up the beach. I, with assorted survivors, took refuge in a building that may have been a small shopping centre; the walls and roof were intact, but the interiors had been devestated. We all ended up pulling together whatever detritus was useable, at the same time realising we had no electricity or fresh water, everything was wet and no way to make fire to cook food. At some point I woke up and it was morning.

I had an all-nighter last night, I can't remember much of the detail but it was pretty grim. I was on a beach in Spain when I noticed that the water had withdrawn and the sea bed was visible, at first I was just curious but alarm bells were going off in the back of my mind, something telling me "this is not good - you have to get out of here". Then I looked out to sea and could see a wall of water fast approaching and I began to run, knowing I would never make it to safety in time. I saw a sea wall and took shelter behind it, even though I knew it would be engulfed. I was cowering there for a short time, then the tsunami hit, then I woke up further along the beach on a rise - a family had found me in the water and dragged me up the beach. I, with assorted survivors, took refuge in a building that may have been a small shopping centre; the walls and roof were intact, but the interiors had been devestated. We all ended up pulling together whatever detritus was useable, at the same time realising we had no electricity or fresh water, everything was wet and no way to make fire to cook food. At some point I woke up and it was morning.
Possible premonition?

I'm interested in why you chose Eichmann. I would have no real clue as to a Nazi's name that would come to me irl or in dream.
Absolutely no idea whatsoever. And plenty of Nazi names are probably well known enough to be considered as 'best'. (? :dunno:)
To make it worse, when I got up and decided to 'google' him, I was looking for Friedrich Eichmann, who was a different feller, an artist and definitely not a Nazi.

Back