• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Fortunately it's not a 'vital' rug so I can replace if it gets too disgusting
Someone I know had a white rug when they bought a puppy...

The rug was rolled up tightly and left beside the car* ready for a tip run when my acquaintance popped back inside for something. On his return the rug was gone. :chuckle:

*It might even have been on the roof rack and my friend left it while he looked for a bungee to secure it.

Absolutely no idea whatsoever. And plenty of Nazi names are probably well known enough to be considered as 'best'. (? :dunno:)
To make it worse, when I got up and decided to 'google' him, I was looking for Friedrich Eichmann, who was a different feller, an artist and definitely not a Nazi.
This may have been the person that your subconscious was referring to. Because you made the “mistake“ of goggling another person with same name and, even in your dream, there is a discussion of Eichmann‘s identity, this may still be relevant.

Never underestimate “mistakes”, they can be relevant as well.

This may have been the person that your subconscious was referring to
Doubt it. My 'dream self' was being more true to my 'waking self' than is immediately apparent.
If I was in the same situation 'in real life' and somebody had asked me who my 'favourite Nazi' is, I would definitely try to think of some less obvious name, just to provoke some thinking.

Doubt it. My 'dream self' was being more true to my 'waking self' than is immediately apparent.
If I was in the same situation 'in real life' and somebody had asked me who my 'favourite Nazi' is, I would definitely try to think of some less obvious name, just to provoke some thinking.
Isn't all this "Nazi" thing related to what happens in Ukraine ? With Putin accusing Zelinsky of being a Nazi, and all Western Europeans to be mercyless pedophils, the "favourite Nazi" question could be an overt mockery of Russia's constant transgression of the Godwin point. Especially if you consider yourself a member of the Western world ...

That doesn't explain the spontaneous choice of (a French) Eichmann, though.

And I bet your camera wouldn't work :chuckle:
The last time i was in Sumatra i heard the bugger calling from behind a stand of bamboo 30 feet away. My made went round to scare it towards me as i waited with my camera. The sod ran off at an angle into the jungle. My mate had a three second glimpse as it cleared off. If i had have gone round myself i'd have caught it on camera.

I had a dream this morning (let's be accurate, most of us dream just before we wake up) that I was in a restaurant I used to manage.

I was taking a phone call from a customer asking for a type of white wine that I told him was a sauvignon, he told me he was impressed then went on to ask for 5 bottles of sweet wine because "I'm from the East End" .. I didn't recognise any sweet wines that were all Italian labelled then my then boss walked in so I told him what I was doing then suddenly realised I was standing there completely naked.

Normally I'd write this off as a classic anxiety type dream but for some reason neither of us seemed to care I was standing there completely naked so I decided to put a chunky cardigan on (that I actually do own in real life). Obviously that still left me naked from the waist down but for some reason neither of us were uncomfortable with this then I went down to the office (with all new slightly sci fi metallic panels riveted to the walls) and 'blurbed' some completely normal bland industry chat with him while a new staff member looked on surprised. I woke up and took this as a weirdly positive dream but I'm still not sure why it felt positive. It was probably down to the 50mg sleeping pill I necked before I went to bed.

I had a dream this morning (let's be accurate, most of us dream just before we wake up) that I was in a restaurant I used to manage.

I was taking a phone call from a customer asking for a type of white wine that I told him was a sauvignon, he told me he was impressed then went on to ask for 5 bottles of sweet wine because "I'm from the East End" .. I didn't recognise any sweet wines that were all Italian labelled then my then boss walked in so I told him what I was doing then suddenly realised I was standing there completely naked.

Normally I'd write this off as a classic anxiety type dream but for some reason neither of us seemed to care I was standing there completely naked so I decided to put a chunky cardigan on (that I actually do own in real life). Obviously that still left me naked from the waist down but for some reason neither of us were uncomfortable with this then I went down to the office (with all new slightly sci fi metallic panels riveted to the walls) and 'blurbed' some completely normal bland industry chat with him while a new staff member looked on surprised. I woke up and took this as a weirdly positive dream but I'm still not sure why it felt positive. It was probably down to the 50mg sleeping pill I necked before I went to bed.
Looks like you want to open a nudist colony restaurant! :)

I dreamed I was with a group of people in a house in which we were staying. I went upstairs into a room which seemed very messy, like a student's bedroom, if the student had got out of bed and nipped out. It was dark and the whole house was quiet - this had the feeling of a ghost hunt but I don't think that's why we were there.

I went downstairs and said something along the lines of 'this place is like a student house.' Then I know I definitely said 'I've been in a fair few' (which is true), but the rest of the group talked over me. I then went back up to the room, and this time a strange noise came out of the walls, a sort of 'gaaaaaaahhh', half growl, half shout. I was alarmed, but not frightened, and I turned to go back to the others to report this, when I felt the most peculiar sensation on my head and shoulders. It felt like being rained on, really hard, or standing under a rainfall shower turned up to maximum, like little hard beads hitting me on the top of my head. I ran in to the others shouting 'can you see anything?' Nobody could.

Woke up discombobulated.

I dreamed I was with a group of people in a house in which we were staying. I went upstairs into a room which seemed very messy, like a student's bedroom, if the student had got out of bed and nipped out. It was dark and the whole house was quiet - this had the feeling of a ghost hunt but I don't think that's why we were there.

I went downstairs and said something along the lines of 'this place is like a student house.' Then I know I definitely said 'I've been in a fair few' (which is true), but the rest of the group talked over me. I then went back up to the room, and this time a strange noise came out of the walls, a sort of 'gaaaaaaahhh', half growl, half shout. I was alarmed, but not frightened, and I turned to go back to the others to report this, when I felt the most peculiar sensation on my head and shoulders. It felt like being rained on, really hard, or standing under a rainfall shower turned up to maximum, like little hard beads hitting me on the top of my head. I ran in to the others shouting 'can you see anything?' Nobody could.

Woke up discombobulated.
Stop eating cheese before you go to bed.

I always hope if I remember a dream it would be pleasant, but for me it is never the case as my dreams are weird and bizarre.

I am retired from working, but last night I dreamed I was late for work.

I could not find my work clothes.

The peanut butter and jelly jars were empty so I could not make lunch to take with me.

I could not remember how to get to work.

After I woke up, this dream bothered me so that I googled it.

It seems I could be a very insecure, sensitive person according to google opinions.

This could be right as I am shy when in groups of people, but I have gotten better with old age and encouragement from the wife.

Dreams can be really “ rough to take “.

I always hope if I remember a dream it would be pleasant, but for me it is never the case as my dreams are weird and bizarre.

The peanut butter and jelly jars were empty so I could not make lunch to take with me.

It seems I could be a very insecure, sensitive person according to google opinions.

This could be right as I am shy when in groups of people, but I have gotten better with old age and encouragement from the wife.

Standard anxiety dream, Charlie. Are you particularly worried about something right now?

I once had a job which required me to visit about 30-40 branches of an employment (temp) agency during the night, collecting the timesheets of the employees which had been left in a courier bag in each branch for me.
I had keys for each branch and would let myself in.
I always followed the same route, and the keys were in order, on a loop of cord.
That was 30+ years ago but I still have a dream occasionally in which I am dealing with that loop of keys.

I am still working, and I regularly have work dreams that just cause the dream me no end of trouble.

I have dreamed of missing a shift at a job I had almost 20 years ago. I lived and worked in Toronto for six years over 35 years ago and will have a dream that I am either in Toronto and have to get to work here or vice versa (2 1/2 hr drive) within 30 minutes. And my dream me can't reason how I managed this set up to begin with.

I never wake in a good mood when these happen. They are anxiety provoking.

Dreaming that you will be late for work even though you wouldn't normally be late for work is a bit of a haunting dream that returns from time to time. Totally understand that one myself - it seems to bring on the unthinkable to be a real dread, but I bet plenty of retirees get the same thing at least for a while after actually retiring, then it gradually fades away. . . thank goodness! :yawn:

I've had so many of the standard anxiety dreams over the years - teeth falling out, having to take an unprepared for exam, needing to be somewhere and getting lost or the car malfunctioning. Often, when I wake up, I think 'what was that all about?' but can usually pinpoint some very small anxiety that isn't really making itself known in day to day life, but is bleeding through into dreams. Like a need to change bank cards, or an impending birthday where I need to buy a present. Nothing huge, because THOSE anxieties come into dreams in a much more literal fashion.

Last night I dreamt about my late father. He was running a campsite somewhere and , being out of season, we were visiting and staying in a static caravan on the site. My wife had gone off shopping somewhere and I was in the kitchen of my dad's house sitting at the kitchen table having a cup of tea and chatting. My dad then said 'I have a secret I need to tell you that no one else knows about but first you must promise not to mention this to anyone ever' I promised I would never tell anyone and he went on and said 'not even to friends' and I joked ' thats alright I don't have any' and then -as is always the case in dreams, I woke up.

Last night, part of my dream was I was in an urban warzone and desperately assembling weapons - quite literally re-assembling field-stripped guns - before 'the enemy' turned up. Up popped a military history You Tuber (called Lindybeige) that I follow, but have never met personally. He noticed the tattoo on my arm was runic from an RPG called RuneQuest and suddenly we sat down and shared stories about the games we'd played in the past.

Has anyone ever tasted something in a dream as a while ago I was drinking a lovely quaffable Real Ale from a mug and it tasted creamy, toffeish and a bit fruity and I woke up thinking what a lovely beer that was.
I used to drink Samuel Smiths Wooden Cask Old Brewary Bitter but which was simlar to what I was drinking in the dream OBB didn't have that fruity taste but a few weeks ahao I found a real ale in Weatherspoons just like the beer in the dream and it's called Gravitas by the Vale Brewary Co in Brill, Buckinghamshire....YUM

He noticed the tattoo on my arm was runic from an RPG called RuneQuest and suddenly we sat down and shared stories about the games we'd played in the past.
Aha! Suddenly your usename makes a lot more sense (actually I already suspected). Red Moon forever Orlanthi $<@₩!

Has anyone ever tasted something in a dream as a while ago I was drinking a lovely quaffable Real Ale from a mug and it tasted creamy, toffeish and a bit fruity and I woke up thinking what a lovely beer that was.
I used to drink Samuel Smiths Wooden Cask Old Brewary Bitter but which was simlar to what I was drinking in the dream OBB didn't have that fruity taste but a few weeks ahao I found a real ale in Weatherspoons just like the beer in the dream and it's called Gravitas by the Vale Brewary Co in Brill, Buckinghamshire....YUM
Good call!
I had that the other day at my local 'Spoons.
Cracking pint of ale for a couple of quid.

Back