• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Another hectic dream night, was riding on top of a train with a group of fellow escapees, when a flying car pulled up alongside, it was open top, dark red and cream paintwork with lots of gleaming chrome. driven by a sultry brunette in a rather nice baker boy hat and matching PVC boots. Her companion was a Nigel Mansell look alike and they were urging me to jump to safety of the car. I was dithering as I did not trust her, but "Nigel" seemed OK. I woke up as I jumped.

Another hectic dream night, was riding on top of a train with a group of fellow escapees, when a flying car pulled up alongside, it was open top, dark red and cream paintwork with lots of gleaming chrome. driven by a sultry brunette in a rather nice baker boy hat and matching PVC boots. Her companion was a Nigel Mansell look alike and they were urging me to jump to safety of the car. I was dithering as I did not trust her, but "Nigel" seemed OK. I woke up as I jumped.
Nigel Mansell would be the one I wouldn't trust. A Brummie with a tash?

Is that what you meant?

It seems very much like my issue.
Yep! That's the one! I finally managed to convince him that this is what he had when I could show research that indicated that, if he slept as little as he was convinced he did, he would be dead. He was absolutely sure he was awake for hours, when it was just seconds.

Last night I had a very detailed dream in which I was involved with a man who's quite famous, and knowing that none of my friends would believe me, and him waking me up to tell me to move my car (which was in a car park in a country park type place).

This is an actual condition (the name of which escapes me). My ex had it. He would wake once, briefly, and then fall immediately back to sleep, but swear that he had remained awake the entire rest of the night. Used to drive me mad when he would tell me how he'd 'tossed and turned all night' when I - who had been kept actually awake by his snoring - knew this positively not to be the case. He would lie deadly still and snore for hours, then open his eyes and maintain that he'd been awake all night, fidgeting and 'trying to get comfortable'. I used to think he was lying, but research proved it to be the condition of which I can't remember the name.

Also. Last night I dreamed I was living in my parents old house. I was walking around in the dark, trying to find my brother (who also lived there) and my dog, and couldn't find either. It all felt slightly sinister.
Yep - Mr. R has been out like a light for many hours, and will soon be up, complaining and carrying on about how 'he was kept awake all night' by the lady downstairs (which I was) and didn't sleep a wink. LOL!
Sounds like you are feeling lost at the moment, in your dream.

Yep! That's the one! I finally managed to convince him that this is what he had when I could show research that indicated that, if he slept as little as he was convinced he did, he would be dead. He was absolutely sure he was awake for hours, when it was just seconds.

Last night I had a very detailed dream in which I was involved with a man who's quite famous, and knowing that none of my friends would believe me, and him waking me up to tell me to move my car (which was in a car park in a country park type place).
You certainly have very exciting adventures while sleeping!

I've been on holiday this week, but every night I've dreamt about old friends, who I don't see anymore, just though circumstance rather than any falling out.

The first one started coukd see my nan in the distance but I couldn't quite get to her. Then each dream was my closest friends from each stage of my life. Then finally I was in a meeting with some.people I used to work with reading a report I had to present but never seen before. I could see the charts and graphs and text on tge printout. In each dream I did try to read something. Sometimes successfully, but I can't remember anything now.

One of those nights with lots of different, but all ridiculous, dreams last night.

In one, my dad (who croaked several years ago) had bought an electric vehicle, a 'Range Rover', which I had to drive (for some reason) but I discovered that the 'regen' braking wasn't working, and the actual brake pedal itself was having no effect. "We can't go anywhere in this" I told him (or words to that effect).

And then, cut to......
I'm driving to town, but no, suddenly that's walking to town, and when I get there I realise I left something behind, so I go back for it, and then I'm back in town.
And I'm round the back of the shops because I want to avoid a friend of mine who is a pain in the arse has a challenging personality, but suddenly she's there, with a bloke she knows, and they're playing a board game she made about ferrets, but then we have to get in her friends car to go somewhere else, but her friend is a terrible driver and crashes into several vehicles, but I get out and decide to walk instead.

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.....

I was walking down a country road and a string of people rode past me on some really nice horses. At the back was a much smaller pony, with a young girl riding. I was walking along a muddy path beside the road and these horses were all going away at an angle up a junction. I looked back at them and wondered if it was polo ponies going out on exercise, as they didn't look like the usual racehorses we see round here. Then I noticed the small pony at the back. There was a woman walking alongside it, not leading it, just walking, and she was talking to someone riding the horse in front.

Ridiculously clear image, absolutely totally meaningless. Like a snapshot from someone else's life.

Yes, we do have public buses.

Don't ever worry about this is America, your British accent will make you sound posh no matter where you are. You could come from Cromer and still sound posh in America. :wink2:
You know how Daphne talks in Frasier? She's supposed to be from Manchester
That's a slightly strangled version of my authentic northern English accent.

I'd call Daphne's accent Posh Northern. How your Mancunian auntie might talk on the phone. ;)

I was walking down a country road and a string of people rode past me on some really nice horses. At the back was a much smaller pony, with a young girl riding. I was walking along a muddy path beside the road and these horses were all going away at an angle up a junction. I looked back at them and wondered if it was polo ponies going out on exercise, as they didn't look like the usual racehorses we see round here. Then I noticed the small pony at the back. There was a woman walking alongside it, not leading it, just walking, and she was talking to someone riding the horse in front.

Ridiculously clear image, absolutely totally meaningless. Like a snapshot from someone else's life.
You often refer on'ere to travelling along the lanes for various purposes. They are an important part of your life. :nods:

You often refer on'ere to travelling along the lanes for various purposes. They are an important part of your life. :nods:
They are, in that all our local roads are lanes. But this wasn't a lane I am familiar with, it had deep verges with trees overhanging, I was walking along a muddy path on a verge. I suppose I see lanes every day. I see horses most days too. But this dream felt more as though I were eavesdropping on someone else's scenario! Someone, somewhere may have been dreaming of walking along beside a child on a pony and talking to someone on a horse - and caught sight of someone standing under trees, watching them....

I had a dream I was being fitted for a wedding dress the night before last. I've been single for the last 20 years and have no chance of getting married now because I am not looking. I'm an old goth so in my dream all the wedding clobber was black. The dress was a kind of gothic version of 70s Laura Ashley - a long maxi dress buttoned up to my neck with little flowers all over and edged in black lace (very Victorian) and the headdress was a bit like these combs flamenco dancers have in their hair with a black veil flowing from it. All the jewellery was a mixture of High Victorian or Art Nouveau and I chose a brooch with a stylised dragonfly on it. It was super dramatic.

Basically if I had had this chance in my 20s I would have leapt at it - this outfit was totally perfect for me in every way. I woke up feeling pleased and happy thanks to getting to do it at last even if it was only in my dreams.

Also why does the word brooch always look wrong. I always want to put an 'a' in it because of how I say it

One of those nights with lots of different, but all ridiculous, dreams last night.

In one, my dad (who croaked several years ago) had bought an electric vehicle, a 'Range Rover', which I had to drive (for some reason) but I discovered that the 'regen' braking wasn't working, and the actual brake pedal itself was having no effect. "We can't go anywhere in this" I told him (or words to that effect).

And then, cut to......
I'm driving to town, but no, suddenly that's walking to town, and when I get there I realise I left something behind, so I go back for it, and then I'm back in town.
And I'm round the back of the shops because I want to avoid a friend of mine who is a pain in the arse has a challenging personality, but suddenly she's there, with a bloke she knows, and they're playing a board game she made about ferrets, but then we have to get in her friends car to go somewhere else, but her friend is a terrible driver and crashes into several vehicles, but I get out and decide to walk instead.

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.....
You probably don't want to hear this, but you're missing your Dad, he left you too soon.
You feel scattered in the dream, walking here and there with no focus point, with annoying people bothering you, you feel this woman is too crazy (the ferrets), and you want to be left alone (you 'get out and decide to walk instead').
You're missing your Dad. (Sorry!)

I dreamed there was a big village-type festival going on. I went to an old church and there was a collection of people in there, about a dozen, men and women and we all went through into a private room at the back, which was more like a shop. I was standing by a table like an altar, facing a wall and when I turned round all the men were starting to kiss and fondle the women and I realised I'd walked into a starter-orgy (everone looked rather nervous). At first I just thought, 'okay, let's see where this goes', but I could see one woman starting to shake because she was so nervous and when a young man began stroking my leg I noped out of there and went out.

I walked through a courtyard and another door and then found myself in a very narrow passageway leading into a shop proper. I caught sight of myself in a mirror, I was wearing a white shirt with red embroidery around the collar and a long dark skirt as though I were about to start folk dancing. I also had my hair cut in a bob. On top of my head was a big gauzy type of cloak/headdress, which I pulled down over myself to cover me, it was red and I could see through well enough to walk.

I went up to a woman who seemed to be waiting for me, and I pointed at the wall behind her. It was rough stone, whitewashed. I said 'it's in there.' The woman queried me but I just repeated 'it's in there' and she began to scrabble about in the fridge that was just behind her. I was a bit upset because I'd meant her to pull at the wall, not the fridge in front of it, although I had no idea what was supposed to be there, and I also wanted her to move the stone skull of a horse or sheep (it was a bit bit of stone that looked a little bit like the skull) that seemed to be embedded in the wall. Instead, she ripped her way through the freezer compartment of the fridge, pulling out lots of reflective material and polystyrene packing (I have no idea what makes up the body of a freezer) and amongst it all she found a package. She took it out and showed it to me. It was a model horse and the packaging said 'Julip ....Cob and Australian Side Saddle'.

The horse model was brown and very round and solidly made plastic, the saddle was separately packaged and more like a cross between a western saddle and a side saddle, with spiky bits coming off at all angles. I took the horse out of the packet and carried it on through the shop, somehow having the gauzy red fabric over my head made me invisible. Everyone was talking about it being Gaudy Night and this was something to do with the skull and being dressed up.

When I looked down at the horse model, it was filled with a kind of fondant icing that you were meant to add water to. I just walked about scraping it out with my finger. It was cherry flavoured, if that's any use.

And then I woke up. Totally and utterly baffled.

When I woke up from my dream of people bringing me food, I was not hungry.

Since it was so bizarre, reading on google is that I want to be a very nurturing person ?

Last edited:
You're missing your Dad.
Oh yeah, I know that!
He didn't go 'too soon' though. 87 and had been ill (and getting more ill) for some time.

annoying people bothering you
That's just everyone. I hate 'people'.
'A person' can be okay, but 'people'?!
1680185385949.png

I had a dream I was being fitted for a wedding dress the night before last. I've been single for the last 20 years and have no chance of getting married now because I am not looking. I'm an old goth so in my dream all the wedding clobber was black. The dress was a kind of gothic version of 70s Laura Ashley - a long maxi dress buttoned up to my neck with little flowers all over and edged in black lace (very Victorian) and the headdress was a bit like these combs flamenco dancers have in their hair with a black veil flowing from it. All the jewellery was a mixture of High Victorian or Art Nouveau and I chose a brooch with a stylised dragonfly on it. It was super dramatic.

Basically if I had had this chance in my 20s I would have leapt at it - this outfit was totally perfect for me in every way. I woke up feeling pleased and happy thanks to getting to do it at last even if it was only in my dreams.

Also why does the word brooch always look wrong. I always want to put an 'a' in it because of how I say it
'Broach' is an actual word, and you probably see it more often written down than you see 'brooch'. Incidentally, I've seen so many incidents of 'brooch' being spelled 'broach' these days, that I can only conclude that you are not alone.

What're you scared of?
Well I'm not sure how your question is related but since you ask.
Wasps and big angry dogs.
Oh and snakes, but you don't get many round here.
And all the usual stuff like drowning and being in a plane crash and not being able to find the end of the sellotape.

You know how Daphne talks in Frasier? She's supposed to be from Manchester
That's a slightly strangled version of my authentic northern English accent.

I'd call Daphne's accent Posh Northern. How your Mancunian auntie might talk on the phone. ;)
Daphne (or at least the actress who played her) was in an episode of Seinfeld a few years before Frasier and used the exact same accent!

Oh my days.
Last night was a fractured series of silly dreams and waking up and going back to sleep repeatedly.
I had my alarm set for 0525 for the F1 qualifying, so I think it was playing on my mind.

I initially had a longer dream in which the landlord & landlady of our local pub were running some kind of tapas bar in a Spanish coastal village. They were having occasional 'strip' acts in the evenings. I was trying to convince the landlady that the reason she hadn't seen me for months was actually because I had only been away for a couple of days, but that she and the people in there were all just characters in a book I was writing and didn't actually exist at all.

Then there was a minor earthquake and all the lights went out. Then the landlord was trying to persuade me to join him and some others in a separate room where there were not any strippers, like a 'members only' area just for boozing.

Woke up. Checked the time. 0450. I thought I'd go back to sleep cos it was still half an hour until the alarm was due to go off.
Next dreams were several similar dreams in which I was waking up, looking at the alarm clock but not being able to read the time, not being able to turn on the bedside lamp, and getting up in a darkened unfamiliar house and calling out "Hello?!" repeatedly but getting no reply.

Stupid bloody dreams.
I have no idea.

Back