• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I'm a little creeped out at the moment. Struggling to sleep, dozed off. I dreamt I was in a car with my parents, sister and nan (who died in 2013). We were on my nans Street about to set off and felt the urge to check the front door. My dad got out of the car annoyed because he knew the door was locked, but when he pushed it. It opened and my grandad was there, (he died in 2006, incidentally 2 weeks after I got my 1st rescue dog. He also 'visited' me a week before my nan died and said she would be ok, he would look after her).

We went in the house, and my nan went into the kitchen with him, but I couldn't find them soI'm shouting for him. I go into the living room and there are 2 child like dolls on a blanket on the floor. A couple are stood behind the door. They are crying and the dolls are their children. I feel sad and ask "Is heaven just the same?". They look at each other sadly and say not were we are going.

Then I turn and a grey dog is coming towards me with a blue lead in its mouth. Really pleased to see me. I hold the lead and walk out the door. As I wake up, I look at my watch and it is 3.15.

I'm m going to pick up a new rescue dog this week, he isn't grey though. Is granddad trying to tell me something?
A new dog is arriving and perhaps this brings to mind your late beloved grandparents. It's all about loving and caring, and losing, and still being able to love.
That's what would occur to me anyway.

I have some truly weird dreams lately, probably the meds/stress/alcohol combination, night before last nights was truly odd. I should add that we were staying in a rather posh hotel with balcony. Bit of a novelty for us.

I dreamed that one of the chaps from the recycling truck wandered in from the balcony, said good morning and complemented me on sorting our recycling so well, in fact I would probably get an award for good sorting, he then proceeded to leave via the bathroom. I could see him so clearly down to his waist, about late 50's, missing a front tooth, bit of a 5'0 clock shadow and wearing what looked like an old Plymouth Argyll shirt.

The following nights was even stranger. I was sitting in the bath trying to draw an Octopus when my daughter flew in. She handed me a battered box and told me it was something I would like and may be useful. Somehow we ended up rummaging in this seemingly bottomless box and pulled out a worn wooden statue of a little man and a big tree with hooks on. then she kept pulling out little models to go on the tree- like ornaments only they were body parts. She then whistled and flew off. I played with the collection of title body parts until the rain woke me up.

I dreamt of Jellyfish last night.
Jellyfish is a scaffolder I once worked with who lives in my town. I worked with his buddy, “Hollywood” at the same time. My kids bumped into Hollywood a few days ago and they mentioned him and Jellyfish at a BBQ last night…and hence he popped up, grinning, in my dream.

"The trouble with psychologists is that they know some of the answers but believe that they know all of the answers."

I woke up this morning with that line going round my head. I do sometimes have strangely literate dreams!

Context: Culmination of a long involved dream. I was sitting on a couch with a 'Professor', an impish little man with a scruffy goatee beard who looked a bit like Pan minus the horns. He was trying to enroll students into one of his causes or organisations, and remarked that he had missed an opportunity to contact some psychology students.

In the dream it was me who made the quip about psychologists. He looked at me, laughed, and said "You've got that right!" I then woke up.

The subconscious can be oddly creative.

So I got my rescuec dog and he wouldn't come out of the crate at all. Many an hour sat on tbe floor with chicken treats, he started to take them but would scoot to the back of the crate. I had Friday off and had a little nana nap, where i dreamt I was cuddling the dog and telling him I'd never let anyone hurt him.

Well, i woke up and 15 minutes later he ventures into the living room. And after an hour he jumps up and sits on a corner of the sofa.

There a long way to go ge we deffo turned a corner!

So I got my rescuec dog and he wouldn't come out of the crate at all. Many an hour sat on tbe floor with chicken treats, he started to take them but would scoot to the back of the crate. I had Friday off and had a little nana nap, where i dreamt I was cuddling the dog and telling him I'd never let anyone hurt him.

Well, i woke up and 15 minutes later he ventures into the living room. And after an hour he jumps up and sits on a corner of the sofa.

There a long way to go ge we deffo turned a corner!
Nice. . . just let him do his thing his way until trust is apparent.

I'm ridiculously stressed with work at the moment and my sleep is all over the place basically i get home home and crash for 3/4 hours then i'm wide awake in the early hours before dropping off again. Anyway the upshot is that when asleep I seem to be in really deep sleep at the same time as having some crazy dreams. Last night I was in the office conference room which was the scene of a party there was disco light glitter ball loud music the works people were dancing around doing what they do while I was sat in the corner head down tapping away at my lap top ignoring all that was going on around me

I'm ridiculously stressed with work at the moment and my sleep is all over the place basically i get home home and crash for 3/4 hours then i'm wide awake in the early hours before dropping off again. Anyway the upshot is that when asleep I seem to be in really deep sleep at the same time as having some crazy dreams. Last night I was in the office conference room which was the scene of a party there was disco light glitter ball loud music the works people were dancing around doing what they do while I was sat in the corner head down tapping away at my lap top ignoring all that was going on around me
This dream speaks for itself, and its message is not pleasant. :(

That's the subconscious for you.

I had short interrupted sleep due to a cold.

I dreamt that something was happening that was going to turn into a nightmare for someone (not me, I was an observer). My one sister told the person that it was a trauma that was being reflected and to acknowledge the trauma to get rid of the nightmare.

Hmmm interesting thought. Are some nightmares a reflection of a trauma you've experienced? It did not seem that it had to be a severe trauma. Something as inane as being ignored if it makes you feel less than.

Last night I dreamed I'd been offered a house, presumably as a swap for my own because I wasn't stressed about having to sell, I was stressed about making the choice.

The house at first seemed to be just outside a local village on a busy main road, but when I went out to check it was actually up on the moors, still by a fairly busy main road (I did think 'I'll never be able to keep a cat'), which doesn't exist. When I'd thought it was near the village I had thought I could go and work at the nearby petrol station - and did have a moment's worry that I'd never dealt with selling fuel before. (The petrol station exists in real life, as does the village). Then I walked down the short driveway and realised that I'd have a considerable drive to get to work if I lived there, but the cottage had three bedrooms and was nicely secluded in a woodland.

Two of my workmates were outside, doing some work to the electrical wiring, I saw them when I looked out of one of the bedroom windows. The whole house was a bit scruffy, a little bit 'cars up on bricks outside', but I was walking up and down trying to decide whether to move there or not. I actually asked my workmates for their opinion too! I was weighing up pros and cons - distance from work versus extra bedroom etc very seriously. But what struck me on waking was - I'm perfectly happy in my little cottage with absolutely no plans to move, and the 'dream house' would have been hugely unsuitable for current dog or any future pets (except possibly horses, as I could see someone riding a pony in an outdoor manege from one of the windows).

Possibly it's linked to my brain processing having stayed in a remote cottage in Wales and trying to work out whether I preferred it to where I live.

Last night I dreamed I'd been offered a house, presumably as a swap for my own because I wasn't stressed about having to sell, I was stressed about making the choice.

The house at first seemed to be just outside a local village on a busy main road, but when I went out to check it was actually up on the moors, still by a fairly busy main road (I did think 'I'll never be able to keep a cat'), which doesn't exist. When I'd thought it was near the village I had thought I could go and work at the nearby petrol station - and did have a moment's worry that I'd never dealt with selling fuel before. (The petrol station exists in real life, as does the village). Then I walked down the short driveway and realised that I'd have a considerable drive to get to work if I lived there, but the cottage had three bedrooms and was nicely secluded in a woodland.

Two of my workmates were outside, doing some work to the electrical wiring, I saw them when I looked out of one of the bedroom windows. The whole house was a bit scruffy, a little bit 'cars up on bricks outside', but I was walking up and down trying to decide whether to move there or not. I actually asked my workmates for their opinion too! I was weighing up pros and cons - distance from work versus extra bedroom etc very seriously. But what struck me on waking was - I'm perfectly happy in my little cottage with absolutely no plans to move, and the 'dream house' would have been hugely unsuitable for current dog or any future pets (except possibly horses, as I could see someone riding a pony in an outdoor manege from one of the windows).

Possibly it's linked to my brain processing having stayed in a remote cottage in Wales and trying to work out whether I preferred it to where I live.
Were there sheep? Or turrets?

With hospitals and death still on my mind, last night I dreamed the following:

I was visiting a hospital ward, about the size of a house lounge, that seemed to be some kind of intensive care unit. Unusually, it held two patients, both male. Their beds and the applicable life-support machines were in opposite corners.

I approached one of the beds and greeted the man in it. He was tall and well-built, genial, with receding dark hair and a pot belly, wearing stripey pyjama bottoms and a wifebeater vest, and was pleased to see me.
I had a feeling of So this is what you look like!

It occurred to me that this was one of the many people I only know from chatting online, and that I might have actually been intending to visit the other patient!

So if this description fits you, and you're not feeling too well, drop me a line and I'll pop over with the grapes. :)

I was in a shop with another person, we were both in Santa Claus outfits and being given a task. The task was to place something in someone's house, we had information that he was exercising by walking up and down his stairs so we should be able to time entry to the house without being seen.

It was night and on approaching the house I saw a light in the garden and we were spotted and pursued by a mob (Hammer horror film type peasant mob) The other person with me was waiting in a sled and I ran through a gate yelling at him/her to get the sled moving. I managed to jump on it ahead of the mob – noticing that the sled sported red reflectors like the back of a bike. The sled slowly moved off but there was no trace of snow.

Only seven months until Christmas.

With hospitals and death still on my mind, last night I dreamed the following:

I was visiting a hospital ward, about the size of a house lounge, that seemed to be some kind of intensive care unit. Unusually, it held two patients, both male. Their beds and the applicable life-support machines were in opposite corners.

I approached one of the beds and greeted the man in it. He was tall and well-built, genial, with receding dark hair and a pot belly, wearing stripey pyjama bottoms and a wifebeater vest, and was pleased to see me.
I had a feeling of So this is what you look like!

It occurred to me that this was one of the many people I only know from chatting online, and that I might have actually been intending to visit the other patient!

So if this description fits you, and you're not feeling too well, drop me a line and I'll pop over with the grapes. :)
I'm curious. What is it with bringing grapes to someone who is unwell? I have watched Coronation Street for years and they do this all of the time. Now you're saying that this is a thing with Brits?

I'm curious. What is it with bringing grapes to someone who is unwell? I have watched Coronation Street for years and they do this all of the time. Now you're saying that this is a thing with Brits?
Unless the patient is suffering from piles when it is considered bad form.

What is it with bringing grapes to someone who is unwell?
I'd rather have hard boiled eggs and nuts.
1684600869643.png

It's from a time when grapes were rare and expensive so they made a special gift for someone who was ill.
They're also nutritious and easy to eat.

? I really don't understand.
It's an allusion to the appearance of piles.
Taking grapes to a hospital patient is a British tradition.
We like clichés, along with black humour and toilet humour. The hospital grapes are there in the mix. :)

Can remember, as a young woman, hearing men joke about grapes when a friend would show off his brand new very fast motorcycle, thusly:
'That's a lovely bike. I'll be along with the grapes in a bit!', implying that a nasty accident was inevitable.

I will add that people don't bring new mothers grapes as they are not ill. :chuckle:

Attachments

• grapes.jpg
    grapes.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 12
I dreamed I was sitting with some other people, when a lady (who's a friend in real life, our kids all went to school together and were close friends) came in. She was wearing a blue and white polka-dot dress and looked as though she'd gained quite a lot of weight. (I've seen her recently in real life and she hasn't, she's as slender as ever...).

I greeted her, but she looked at me sorrowfully and I asked her what the matter was. She then fell to her knees and kind of buried her face in her hands on my lap and said 'it's a shame we're not allowed to believe in God any more.'

Apart from the fact that her eldest child is currently overseas I'm not aware of any problems in her life and she was happily serene when I last saw her, but I'm a bit worried now...

Laughed hard at this first time I saw it, more at Olly's contempt than the concept of the hard boiled eggs and nuts as a gift.
Why can't Olly eat them? I'm suspecting a dietary restriction.
"Why didn't you bring me some chocolates?"
"Well.....you didn't pay me for the last box I brought you....."

I always loved Laurel and Hardy. They rarely get broadcast on the tellybox these days though. It's a shame because mostly the comedy stands the test of time really well.

Anyhoo....back on topic....

"Why didn't you bring me some chocolates?"
"Well.....you didn't pay me for the last box I brought you....."

I always loved Laurel and Hardy. They rarely get broadcast on the tellybox these days though. It's a shame because mostly the comedy stands the test of time really well.

Anyhoo....back on topic....
(Yep off topic, but I love watching them. They must have been amongst the first to use that "look straight into the camera" routine which became popular in the following decades.)

Back on topic I've been a bit disturbed over the previous few nights by dreams of a woman saying to me "Peter (no one alive calls me that), haven't you joined the dots up yet? We've left enough clues." Followed by a sigh. Repeated night after night. Seems like I'm supposed to know summat but I can't work it out. Hope I do soon cos it's getting a touch disconcerting. Tonight I'm going to try the thing I've used before ie asking the woman what she means.

I had a thoroughly long and disjointed dream last night.
Variously I had to meet a woman that I matched with on some online dating site.
We were playing with a frisbee in a park but it was starting to get dark and my 'date' said we should go back to her place because it was dangerous out after dark.
Inside her flat it was clear she shared the place with a number of other strange tenants, and the place was a mess inside, like one of those hoarders houses off the TV.
I had left my car parked somewhere miles away and couldn't work out how to get back there.

Then I was in London. It was a rainy winters day. The main shopping street I was in (could've been Oxford Street) had been transformed into some kind of 3D outdoor cinema showing computer generated footage of a Loch Ness Monster rising from the road, which was a waterway.
As I left the area down a side street there were a number of well-known celebrities in costume, performing a pantomime.

Beats me.

Back