• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I had a thoroughly long and disjointed dream last night.
Variously I had to meet a woman that I matched with on some online dating site.
We were playing with a frisbee in a park but it was starting to get dark and my 'date' said we should go back to her place because it was dangerous out after dark.
Inside her flat it was clear she shared the place with a number of other strange tenants, and the place was a mess inside, like one of those hoarders houses off the TV.
I had left my car parked somewhere miles away and couldn't work out how to get back there.

Then I was in London. It was a rainy winters day. The main shopping street I was in (could've been Oxford Street) had been transformed into some kind of 3D outdoor cinema showing computer generated footage of a Loch Ness Monster rising from the road, which was a waterway.
As I left the area down a side street there were a number of well-known celebrities in costume, performing a pantomime.

Beats me.
Still waiting at the park bench, don't know what happened to the frisbee, or my hat..........zzzzzzzzz
1684928022260.png

I slept long & deep last night, and only remember a bit of a dream…

I was back in uniform, working in a strange town that had a 1950s colonial Algeria look about it: warm, dusty, structures of large stonework.

I was in a bus with others, driving to a seaport for some reason. I saw pavement cafés with elegantly-dressed patrons being very French.

When the bus arrived at the port, the driver tried to navigate through a tight gap between a dry-docked ship and huge wharf machinery. There was a rending crunch, and the bus dislodged the ship, which began to slide across the dock. l remember thinking, “Not good!

Break.

A man on a motorbike had been knocked off the shore and into the sea, still on his bike. Together with others, l was running toward the water to try and rescue him. l recall thinking, “l don’t want to go into the water, my uniform will be spoiled; but if l’m the one who rescues him, there might be a medal in it.”

He managed to get to the dock as l reached it. l lay down and extended my arm, seizing his hand and helping him out of the water…

Fin.

maximus otter

Had a very disturbed night last night, only grabbing a few hours of sleep thanks to (probably) last nights dinner, a chilly breeze through the bedroom, and noisy birds at 0500 (ish).
I woke up feeling rather angry and agitated after one dream which I can't recall now, and in another dream I was trying to stay warm by wrapping blankets around myself and breathing heavily into them, trying to get some thermal protection with my warm breath, then woke up with my covers half over me and feeling cold, despite it being a balmy 16c in my bedroom.

Dreamed I was late for work and was offered a lift in an ice cream van.

It did of course helpfully take a circuitous route with many stops. :chuckle:

This is about slight anxiety regarding an early and the regretful but necessary decision to cut down on treats.

Dreamed I was late for work and was offered a lift in an ice cream van.

It did of course helpfully take a circuitous route with many stops. :chuckle:

This is about slight anxiety regarding an early and the regretful but necessary decision to cut down on treats.
Was it like this?
anBlZw.jpeg

I actually remember parts of my dreams from last night, without having to write them down. First, I was driving on a stormy day (I don't drive), and wanted to go to the beach in spite of the weather. I drove down a farm track that lead down to the coast, between wind-tossed trees. The track got so muddy that I had to abandon my car, and just left it parked in the middle of the track, just before the track became impassable by vehicle. I then walked down to the beach, and across the flat expanse of sand towards the raging sea. Violent waves were breaking all across the beach, and lightning was striking everywhere, both out to sea and across the beach. I felt very exposed, worried by the strength of the waves and by the lightning. Facing the sea, I looked left and right at the violence of the storm breaking on the shore and realised it was too dangerous to stay, so turned around to go back to the car, and realised I could no longer really distinguish the beach from the sea - waterspouts were tearing across the sand, and furious waves were crashing left and right, momentarily blocking the route back, and lightning striking frequently. The whole sight was spectacular and unearthly, the lightning seemed to make everything glow magically. Nonetheless, I headed back up the beach, threading my way between violent bursts of incoming sea, and up the muddy track to the car. I was disconcerted to see that someone had turned the car around so that it was now facing my intended direction of travel, I was puzzled and checked the car carefully but no-one was in evidence. Since it would have been difficult to turn the car around in the narrow space, I opted for being grateful, and drove back up the track, away from the coast.

...Segue to next dream... more like a continuation of the first. It seems like I didn't get in the car after all, but rather continued walking up the farm track into a beautiful valley of rolling hills and farmland. The storm had disappeared. As I walked through the valley (which I seemed familiar with, although it didn't particularly resemble any location I recall from waking life), I realised there were large amounts of soldiers moving silently and quickly, armed to the teeth, in the same direction as me, threading across fields by staying in the cover of hedgerows, taking covered paths, always keeping in cover. I realised this was the much-anticipated Ukrainian counteroffensive, and chatted with the soldiers (who included both men and women). They were pleased to be taking back their land, and advised me to return, but I decided to follow them for several miles. It became clear that the opposing army had abandoned its positions and fallen back, abandoning a lot of equipment, and I felt somewhat exposed when I realised we were quite a way past the front line. Then the fighting broke out, but the soldiers continued advancing and I started passing ruined farms and burnt-out vehicles, and meeting civilians (locals), who seemed quite relieved. The dream continued through the battle, as I passed from one group of soldiers to another, almost like a war reporter, then decided to turn back. At some point I woke up.

I think both dreams are heavily influenced by recent news stories, with the surfer being struck by lightning (I saw the headline but haven't read the story), and all the talk about Ukraine being paused to launch its offensive.

I dreamt I was having Chemo last night. Quite freaky if I'm honest. I don't have any cancer worries so I can only put it down to one of two things.

1). It's coming up to 31 years this month since my mum died of a brain tumour.

2). I have just finished listening to Richard Herring's latest book 'Can I Have My Ball Back?' About his diagnosis of testicular cancer.

I'm leaning towards the latter in this case.

It's a very good book by the way. Moving and full of Richard's dark and inappropriate humour.

I had an odd snippet of dream that I was watching a video of one of my sons walking one of our old dogs amid a whole gang of dogs. The other dogs were loose and they were all running along towards the camera, and my son plus our scruffy old terrier Tiggy, who was on the lead, were in the middle of all this.

I also dreamed that I'd set out on a run and kept getting diverted, ending up somewhere exhausted and thinking 'now I have to run all the way back'. But these dreams are not unusual.
I wonder if people are afraid to sleep because of their bad dreams ?

I think this almost happened to me, but then I said to myself “ buck up and carry on and go to sleep “.
I've had the odd nightmare where I've had to get up and go downstairs to wake myself up properly, for fear of dropping back into the dream again.

I wonder if people are afraid to sleep because of their bad dreams ?

I think this almost happened to me, but then I said to myself “ buck up and carry on and go to sleep “.
When I used to suffer from very frequent sleep paralysis (usually several episodes per night) in the early 1990s, I used to be terrified of going to sleep.

Oh I forgot to mention that when I was half-awake, I was concerned that I had to get up soon so I looked at my alarm clock and it confirmed that, in fact, it was only 5am so I had at least another couple of hours of kip.
Of course, the alarm clock I was looking at was the one in my dream, so I forced myself fully awake and looked at my actual alarm clock, 0710.
Bah.

Last night I dreamed of two girls I would have liked to have been friends with at school but they weren't interested. It's been about 35 years since I last saw them. I think one still lives where I grew up (my mum knows her parents) but no idea what happened to the other.

They weren't interested in the dream either. Poor teenage me.

I dreamed that I was coming home from shopping and decided to drop in on @Stormkhan and his beautiful wife.
As we admired the sea view from an upstairs window a friend of Stormy's visited, a hippy-looking chap who talked about the Cheshire Peak District.

Techy turned up and he and Stormy's friend friend chatted enthusiastically about the Cheshire hills such as the Cloud and Shutlingsloe, along with others whose names I didn't recognise and which probably don't exist.

This is about Techy's love of the Cheshire countryside and our enjoyment of pedalling around it together. :)

Last night was...bizarre.

I was with a group of people, living in an underground shelter, because the world was infested with dragons (last night's audio books was 'Guards Guards!' so that'll be why dragons). We were sitting around chatting, we got a map out to see where might be safe (or where the dragons were living, I'm not sure) and the map was very pictographic, like a map for children. We established that they'd be at The Park, a big green space with blocky houses drawn around it. I told everyone I was going on a 'dope run' and put my coat on. On heading 'topside', I caught sight of a dragon just walking away on two legs, very Godzilla like, through the town. I got on a bus, met an old workmate, and he handed me a load of old fag ends!

Then I was somehow both simultaneously watching a film and also seeing it filmed in real life, whilst lying on the ground with a friend, a girl I've never met in real life. We were giggling absolutely hysterically. The star of the film was a young John Cleese, wearing a white fur coat and an SS uniform whilst walking up and down drinking beer out of an enormous stein, the size of a bucket. I said 'I've never fancied John Cleese as much as I do now,' and we carried on laughing.

Then I had to look after a whole load of infant children. I had them in a buggy that seated five, three underneath and two on the top, and I was pushing this buggy through a showground, whilst a whole load of Sussex sheep were driven towards us, en route to the show ring. A lady stopped me and asked if all the children were mine...

Last night was...bizarre.

I was with a group of people, living in an underground shelter, because the world was infested with dragons (last night's audio books was 'Guards Guards!' so that'll be why dragons). We were sitting around chatting, we got a map out to see where might be safe (or where the dragons were living, I'm not sure) and the map was very pictographic, like a map for children. We established that they'd be at The Park, a big green space with blocky houses drawn around it. I told everyone I was going on a 'dope run' and put my coat on. On heading 'topside', I caught sight of a dragon just walking away on two legs, very Godzilla like, through the town. I got on a bus, met an old workmate, and he handed me a load of old fag ends!

Then I was somehow both simultaneously watching a film and also seeing it filmed in real life, whilst lying on the ground with a friend, a girl I've never met in real life. We were giggling absolutely hysterically. The star of the film was a young John Cleese, wearing a white fur coat and an SS uniform whilst walking up and down drinking beer out of an enormous stein, the size of a bucket. I said 'I've never fancied John Cleese as much as I do now,' and we carried on laughing.

Then I had to look after a whole load of infant children. I had them in a buggy that seated five, three underneath and two on the top, and I was pushing this buggy through a showground, whilst a whole load of Sussex sheep were driven towards us, en route to the show ring. A lady stopped me and asked if all the children were mine...
That sounds bonkers enough to turn into a book for kids! Maybe leave out the drugs/fags/nazi references and you're there!

Last night I dreamt that a young Indian chap, a neighbour( not really) came to the door.
He said that he wanted a favour. Seems he needed some money to buy his cousin something electrical for his birthday. I gave him $20

I've had unusual trouble remembering my dreams over the past several months. However, I had a memorable one the night before last.

In it, I was in an otherworldly landscape, very flat, a desert perhaps. The sky was a deep lavender color as if it were dusk. I was aware of being there in a disembodied state. Floating nearby were three glowing orbs. I understood they belonged to me. One was bright white, one a duller gold, and one grey-ish, as if it needed a cleaning. I was told (by another presence, I assume) that the white orb stood for my presence on the spiritual plane, the gold one for my presence on the earthly plane and the grey one...well, this is rather vague and hard to describe. I tried to keep the meaning of it in my mind as I woke up, but the only thing that I can really remember is the phrase, "It's obvious if you think about it, but hardly anyone ever thinks about it."

When I woke up, I tried to make a digital picture of the scene. It's clumsy, but serviceable enough.

dream image.png

I've been pondering it ever since.

I've had unusual trouble remembering my dreams over the past several months. However, I had a memorable one the night before last.

In it, I was in an otherworldly landscape, very flat, a desert perhaps. The sky was a deep lavender color as if it were dusk. I was aware of being there in a disembodied state. Floating nearby were three glowing orbs. I understood they belonged to me. One was bright white, one a duller gold, and one grey-ish, as if it needed a cleaning. I was told (by another presence, I assume) that the white orb stood for my presence on the spiritual plane, the gold one for my presence on the earthly plane and the grey one...well, this is rather vague and hard to describe. I tried to keep the meaning of it in my mind as I woke up, but the only thing that I can really remember is the phrase, "It's obvious if you think about it, but hardly anyone ever thinks about it."

When I woke up, I tried to make a digital picture of the scene. It's clumsy, but serviceable enough.

View attachment 66970

I've been pondering it ever since.
Impressive! Maybe your mention of "It's obvious if you think about it, but hardly anyone ever thinks about it," is that it's meaning is . . . 'light?'

Impressive! Maybe your mention of "It's obvious if you think about it, but hardly anyone ever thinks about it," is that it's meaning is . . . 'light?'
It could be! Other possible interpretations I've thought of are a link between the earthly and spiritual planes, or my energy level (I've been feeling fatigued lately, hence why it would be grey.) I'm still pondering it all.

Last night I dreamed I was sitting in a car hugging a man I've never seen before in my life.

So, if any of you chaps out there has a beard, is wearing a white T shirt, and has dreamed about being hugged by a strange woman - I think @gattino might want a word with us about synchronous dreaming.

Back