• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Do Points Make? Board Trophies & Titles

I confess to being a little worried about where the bodies are hidden...
Ahem...
tumblr_mkmyd6gbHY1rxagu2o1_400.gif

Just a note to say that 334 points is the current end of the game.

I can establish more Trophies for Board Anniversaries beyond the 20th and post tallies greater than 5,000, for instance, but there aren't many different buttons to press.

<-------- Hey! Who made up these titles?
Women don't like being called Ancient. :incan:

They're automatic, I think based on the amount of posts you've made. But can change it! To 'justified and youthful' if you so wish. :)
Correct ... The custom title entries beneath your username are automatically assigned based on the number of posts you've made.

Michael59:

You can edit your custom title to something of your choosing:

- Click on your name at the top of the page
- Click on "Account details" within the drop-down menu that appears
- Enter your preferred label in the "Custom title" field / box
- Click on "Save"

Incandescent. Or am I missing a pun? :chuckle:
I kinda like the notion of its being a pun.

Incandecent adj. - Fiercely or passionately decent.

A couple more join the illustriously prehistoric in the top tier:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 11.53.34 PM.png

So I'm remarkably close to the upper echelons then!?
What do I need to do for the remaining 35 points?
Is there some sort of ceremony, or bribery involved?
Or both?
Or is it simply that I need to survive another 27 years or some inconceivably difficult period of time?

So I'm remarkably close to the upper echelons then!?
What do I need to do for the remaining 35 points?
Is there some sort of ceremony, or bribery involved?
Or both?
Or is it simply that I need to survive another 27 years or some inconceivably difficult period of time?

Click on your username to bring up your 'profile card'. Click on the number of trophy points you have in the bottom-right corner (299 in your case).

This will take you to a list of the trophies you have already been awarded.

In the bottom-right hand corner of that screen, there's a link to all available trophies--you'll have to work out which you don't have. The scores points for post counts and membership durations are cumulative.

Who do I have to shag to get 334?
Father Time ... You haven't been registered for 20 years yet.

... Which brings up the question of why GNC was given the 20th Anniversary trophy prior to reaching the 20th anniversary of his registration.

... Which brings up the question of why GNC was given the 20th Anniversary trophy prior to reaching the 20th anniversary of his registration.

He sleeps with the fishes.

As mentioned way up-thread, I was forced to set the requirement in days and didn't factor in leap years (because I couldn't be bothered to look them up) when I did the multiplication.

As mentioned way up-thread, I was forced to set the requirement in days and didn't factor in leap years (because I couldn't be bothered to look them up) when I did the multiplication.
Shocking. Please punish yourself.

The 20th Anniversary trophy criteria have been adjusted to account for leap years starting from the board's inception in summer 2001.

The 20th Anniversary trophy criteria have been adjusted to account for leap years starting from the board's inception in summer 2001.

Fine, great.

1516417609914.gif

...you're making me look bad now, you know?

Do I get my trophy or what?
You've got it, and it should remain on your record, but you're not due it until next Wednesday. If the cops pull you over between now and then don't make the mistake of presenting them your gilded 20th anniversary card - they could construe it as a fake ID.

Back