• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What DO You Believe In?

Ah but I didn't say you believed in everything you paid attention to..but rather that the credence you give to those things you are persuaded by diminishes when you fail to keep paying attention/taking an interest. It becomes more fanciful and divorced from the reality of life when its no longer an active interest.
Agreed Gattino - I think subject interest comes and goes with the amount of coverage in the media - the only thing I would add is if a person is lucky enough to have had a personal experience then it would be extremely frustrating when an "expert" decrees they have the difinitive answer to the mystery (usually in FT!)

Some things just get stale. I used to be very interested in the Jack the Ripper case, but it has been my conclusion for some years that there are so few genuine indisputable facts about the case that it is insoluble. So in a way my interest has reached a conclusion and I have moved on.

Maybe
UFOs, as in I have seen a couple of aerial objects that I could not identify.

Cryptids- never seen one but twice heard an unexplained vocalization in the woods. I and the others who heard it could not explain it, but am not willing to say there's no other explanation than bigfoot.

Ghosts- pretty strange goings-on in houses I have lived in and a shop where I once worked. All but a few could be explained away
God- sometimes

Not At All
Conspiracy theories - Sometimes a terrorist attack/assassination/naturaldisaster/moonlanding is just a terrorist attack/assassination/natural disaster/moon landing, and no damn body from the US government is going to show up and confiscate anyone's firearms
The Devil- there is evil in all of us. There is no need for a specialized entity in which to house it all.

The "End-Times"- been predicted for millenia, not gonna happen till the sun burns itself out or the earth is hit by a giant asteroid. My especial pet peeve.

Things I do believe in-The ability of most people to overcome evil and be kind

The health benefits of marijuana

Myself and my abilities

Back