What Do You Make Of This Triangular UFO Sighting?

marhawkman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
interesting picture. is that some sort of flying toy?

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A related news report, from 2013, I only recently came across:

https://www.columbian.com/news/2013/mar/28/03-29-ufo-solved/?hcb=1

Could be explained as CV-22 Osprey aircraft?

Has to be a possibility considering the local training exercises. Although there are videos of the aircraft flying at night, I haven't located anything convincingly comparative.

If anyone might be, that would be of tremendous interest as perhaps so few of the cases highlighted ever seem to be definitively resolved.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
Until recently, we had Ospreys flying over us regularly, going to Dishforth. They look very, very weird, and are very, very loud, but their lights are the standard red, white and green. That's not Ospreys.
A fake is more likely.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
Hmm; the tail light looks amber, not white.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A fake is more likely.
The problem here, personally, just has that 'sense' of being straightforward, as claimed:

"The husband of Battle Ground resident Nicole Keller captured this image of strange lights in the sky with his cellphone Monday. He didn't want his name used in the paper, she said".

"Nicole Keller, the Battle Ground woman whose husband took the pictures, has insisted from the beginning that they are real".

:thought:

:dunno:

The hell, it's Friday night... :):beer::badge::hapdan:

:alien::party:

marhawkman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
The problem here, personally, just has that 'sense' of being straightforward, as claimed:

"The husband of Battle Ground resident Nicole Keller captured this image of strange lights in the sky with his cellphone Monday. He didn't want his name used in the paper, she said".

"Nicole Keller, the Battle Ground woman whose husband took the pictures, has insisted from the beginning that they are real".
Enh having a witness say "I know I took pictures of something real" doesn't really say anything about what they took pictures of. If all they did was photograph a light in the sky, there's not much reason to favor their interpretation of what the subject of the photo is.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Enh having a witness say "I know I took pictures of something real" doesn't really say anything about what they took pictures of.
Absolutely not at all - merely whatever is depicted I would expect is genuine and not manipulated.

The more recent 'symbolic' triangle of lights also wasn't really a UFO 'feature' in 2013.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A random selection - simply chosen as unseen (for years) report 180 from the somewhat 250 I had collated, with approval, from the NUFORC data.

I shall post as a screenshot because of the text formatting issue.

If we keep in mind how old this is and how precisely familiar...

Screenshot_20201204_203426_resize_62.jpg

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Again, just random and illustrating what is so puzzling.

No merely, 'I saw some strange lights in the sky'.

Screenshot_20201204_204930_resize_60.jpg

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Only recently came across this article featured on Pinterest (seemingly no URL), detailing reports I had never heard of beforehand.

Screenshot_20201204_222312_resize_25.jpg

Google translation:

The "triangles" of 1976 in France

On November 26, 1976, at 6:05 p.m., near the village of Saint-Nazaire-d Aude, two witnesses saw a triangular machine take off, displaying white headlights. Rising vertically, there was a sound like a blast. Witnesses clearly noticed a red light in the center of the machine.

The mysterious triangle was also observed by three soldiers: a sentry, a brigadier-chief and the postmaster of an ammunition depot in Mussuguet, near Marseilles, on November 4, 1976, around 9:45 p.m. A triangular shape, emitting a red light in front, without flickering, and an intense white glow in the back. He was moving at a slow speed. The observation lasted a few seconds. It came from the direction of Marseilles and flew over the field at Carpiagne… Then the device disappeared with great speed in the direction of the La Ciotat mountains. No noise !!

On November 26, 1976, at 6:05 p.m., near the village of Saint-Nazaire-d Aude, two witnesses saw a triangular machine take off, with white headlights. Rising vertically, there was a sound like a blast. Witnesses clearly noticed a red light in the center of the machine.

A year later, on December 8, at about 5:15 p.m., M. Mery was on his way to Brettnach from Bouzonville. Before entering the village, he noticed, far in front of him, two yellow headlights. He soon noticed that the light came from a dark, equilateral triangular object, and that a third yellow light was visible, and that the object had a large fixed red light in its center. Mery stopped her car, without cutting the ignition, to get out and get a better look at the object. But it was indefinable, a gloomy mass, because of the shadows of its projectors and yellow headlights placed at each end of the triangle.

There was no noticeable noise, no electrical anomaly. The object moved slowly, with one of the points of the "triangle" forward. Then, at about 45-50 degrees of inclination above the ground, the object began to disappear slowly, as if immersed in a fog. First the headlight disappeared from the end, then the headlights on the sides and then the red one… Note that the Brettnach triangle (3 yellow headlights and a central red headlight) is identical to those in the Belgian wave that took place on the evening of 29 November 1989, starting at 17:24 !! The only minor difference was that in Brettnach the 3 headlights were yellow, while in Belgium they were white.

There is a striking resemblance between all these triangles: it travels at low altitude and at a slow speed, without noise (except in the case of Saint-Nazaire-d Aude, when at one point a noise was heard like a blast).
[End]

As usual, makes little sense and nothing comes to mind as a likely explanation.

Consequently merely for information purposes. :)

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
I have a picture of a genuine UFO. Unfortunately, there’s also a reflection of my saucer-shaped lampshade through the window, a drone flying around outside and an oddly-shaped helium balloon as well as pesky Venus getting in the way and I accidentally set my camera setting to Full Fucking Blurry. But I suppose this sort of crap happens to everybody when they’re trying to get good picture.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
Absolutely not at all - merely whatever is depicted I would expect is genuine and not manipulated.
I don't think that is what is going on in this picture. It looks very much like the product of a basic I-Phone app; adding triangles to an image for a joke. The person claiming this is real is the wife, not the husband who took the picture. It's as fake as those hearts and flowers you get on Iphone images.

Last edited:

marhawkman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I don't think that is what is going on in this picture. It looks very much like the product of a basic I-Phone app; adding triangles to an image for a joke. The person claiming this is real is the wife, not the husband who took the picture. It's as fake as those hearts and flowers you get on Iphone images.
Now that you mention it... the red dots are LESS blurry than the rest of the picture.

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Can't find, as yet, the video I was looking for, however came across this film for the first time.

This is the background story:

View attachment 20280

This is the footage.

A deeply profound hmmmm... here.

It's precisely the type of supporting evidence... I wondered if it existed.

Just 'too good' though?

Seems that this Object has an accompanying UFO which appears from nowhere?
Anti graivity aircraft.jpg

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
Some of the high-altitude, fast-moving triangular plane sightings look pretty convincing. They might be reduced-scale test articles or something. That's a completely different thing to the low, slow-moving, gigantic triangle that some people have reported.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I have come across another couple of accounts I had the opportunity to document back in 1994 - although they date from much earlier - and which have since languished on a floppy disk.

As always, for information and the two testimonies are a synopsis from correspondence, with permission to publish.

Although evidently not 'in the near future'.

The text formatting is indicative of their age - these are original copies!

[Start]
In the early 60's while living in central Texas, I was out in my folks back yard one evening. The sun had already set and it was a perfectly clear night. In this area of Texas you have a nearly horizon to horizon clear view. Now I was only about 10 at the time but I can remember it as clearly as if it happened yesterday. Out of the south-east an object moved across the sky towards my location very fast and dead stopped what I would guess about 5 miles away at about 2 miles up. It then moves closer to my location, very fast and dead stopped.

This time it was maybe a mile away so looked to be at about 45deg from the horizon. I could see that it was clearly a triangular shape.

Then I noticed that there was another
craft following the first, mimicking every move. The frist now moved to
the east about 3 or 4 miles and stopped again and the second moved to the location near me. I noticed then that while they were at rest they seemed to look more blue and while moving they were more white. The first thenbtook off at another angle more north east and was out of site.

The second one followed the same path and was gone.

I have related my story to several people, selected few since I don't like being the butt of jokes, but no one has ever seen a triangular UFO till you came along.

As I remember, what I saw had no fuselage either. They just looked
like fat triangles with rounded edges with no ather features. I think I remember hearing a high pitched crackling sound that followed their
movement, but this may have been added in my mind later.

The closest explanation is a spot light
with a batman like cutout of a triangle being swept across the sky. But it
stopped long enough for me to really see it. It was real and appeared
solid.

I always have felt they were pretty big for airplanes. Maybe 100 to 200 feet across. I know, from having worked around military aircraft, that they always appear smaller than they really are.

I remember destinctly that the sides were rounded. Like the things were maybe 20 feet thick and had perfectly rounded sides, like a 10 foot
radius. They were very smooth looking. I don't remember any thing
protruding from the top or anywhere. I always try to put some sort of cockpit on a saucer in my mind but that's not what I saw.

Oh yea, one other thing that should rule out the chance that it was an early version of the F117...these things DID NOT turn when they changed direction. They simply stopped, rather abruptly and then took off in the
heading off another point of the triangle. Now I suppose the things could have rotated their orentation very quickly, so I couldn't see it, but I never felt they did that. It's like the things have 3 fronts they could choose from.

Andy.
[End]

[Start]
hey, i saw a triangular 'something' around 1976, in the San Diego area. My object had running lights, 2 in each
angle (total of 6), the color being a kind of magenta. they did not blink or strobe. this thing flew nearly overhead, and my sister and i watched it, for approx. 5-6 minutes. it flew slowly, maybe 25 mph, never varying, and the
only noise i heard was a kind of a buzzing/high tension wire sound (there were no wires around.) it was night and a very dark sky with high overcast, so we did not see the bulk of the ship, just a darker area where the body would be.

There were MANY people in the SD area that saw this, and several people
claimed that it interferred with their TV reception.

Kat
[End]

feinman

Asymmetric Contact From Hyperdimensional Aliens.
Reaction score
^ Awesome!! :badge:
These remind me of one of my workmate's encounters I posted before where he and friends saw a large black triangle cross the road in front of them, in California near Placer High School in the '80s.. He doesn't want to know more about the triangles as it scared him badly over the long run.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
...he and friends saw a large black triangle cross the road in front of them...
I have also found a summary of some accounts I put together quite a years ago now:

"The back end was elliptical and as we passed underneath it we could see it was triangular in shape. There was a light at each corner."

"...an object the size of a Jumbo Jet, hovering..."

Bonnybridge, Scotland.

"Triangular, with bright white lights that dim..."

"...above trees not moving, then moving slow in horizontal and vertical directions..."

Elk Grove, California.

"...200 to 300 feet long, triangle shape..."

"...flying silently just above the tops of trees."

Tarpon Springs/Brooksville, Florida.

"...a triangle shaped craft with lights on the corners."

"It appears as an orange light at first...there was no sound".

Escondido, California.

"...a triangular-shaped craft...It had rounded corners and lights in the corners..."

"...it just skimmed the trees, it made no engine sound - only a
"whoooosh"-like noise. It was not flying fast..."

Indiana.

"...about the same size as a 747 at 20,000 feet, but triangular in shape."

"it wasn't moving...I watched it directly overhead for a good 5 minutes. I used a tree branch as a reference point to confirm that it wasn't moving...

There was no movement whatsoever. It maintained the exact same position - no rotation at. In fact, from the first moment I saw it until it disappeared, it just sat there as if it were painted onto the sky. When it disappeared,
it was as if someone had flipped a switch."

Fairfax County, Virginia.

"... an elongated, acute triangle with rounded edges... which had 3 lights
on it in a triangular formation and a red "beacon" light underneath."

"...what drew our attention to it was it's wobbly motion at first. It seemed like it was floating like a falling leaf...All the while no sound was heard until it was directly above us. It slowed and paused in mid-air for a second and emitteda real low but audible rumble which seemed to come oni instantaneous as if someone said "OK, turn on the sound"."

Pittsburgh, PA.

"...you could tell when it flew over that it was a triangular shape, a perfect triangle."

"...it stopped! It just hovered."

Fairfield, California.
[End]

Have to wonder how many others were never reported...?

feinman

Reaction score
Those are great! :)
That's exactly how my workmate described the triangular UFO he and friends saw. I hope the rumored pic that was supposedly taken of one comes out soon. I think perhaps half or more of the objects we see on land come out of the ocean and not in through the atmosphere these days. hard to say as many can go back and forth from space to atmosphere to ocean, no problem.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I think perhaps half or more of the objects we see on land come out of the ocean and not in through the atmosphere these days. hard to say as many can go back and forth from space to atmosphere to ocean, no problem.
How Fortean is this... I have rediscovered old archives and was actually looking at the following.

The formatting is all askew because this is an original copy from a floppy disk!

No matter how much I try, it can't be resolved - I think there might be embedded, hidden, formatting codes which simply do not travel well into the future.

I can't vouch for the veracity - merely pass it on as something I wrote/ documented in the mid 1990s and I can't find another account of same.

[Start]
I had inadvertently missed out the punchline from Tony Dodd's North
Atlantic report. These objects reportedly didn't just depart into the
distance. This is the full article:

NEWS UPDATE

ENCOUNTERS IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC

At 7:30 p.m. on 12 February 1996, a call was received via ship to shore
telephone from fishing boats at sea in the Denmark Strait, off the west
coast of Iceland.

The caller stated that a huge triangular object had suddenly appeared and
was hovering in the sky, close to the boat. At this moment telephone
transmission was cut and contact lost with the ship. Fifteen minutes later,
a further call from the ship revealed that all electronics had failed,
including the telephone. After several minutes the object had moved away
and the electronics restored.

At 9:00 p.m. on Sunday 18 February, 1996, another telephone call was
received direct from the ships at sea. This time the caller reported that
the whole crew were watching three very large triangular objects
accompanied by three balls of red light hovering in the air over the port
bow of the ship. The following conversation took place:

Q. Are the balls of red light attached to the triangles?
A. No, the balls of light are totally separate and independent.

Q. Is your ship carrying radar?
A. Yes, we have radar.

Q. Are the objects showing on radar?
A. Just a minute, we'll go and check - they are not showing on radar.

Q. Are the objects close to your boat?
A. Yes, they are hovering over the port bow.

Q. Are the objects far from you?
A. No, they're very close, they're hovering very low.

Q. Can you hear any sound?
A. No, there's no sound coming from them.

Q. Are there any lights on the large triangle?
A. Yes, there are small lights over different parts of them.

Q. Are the electronics on your boat being affected?
A. No, not at the moment, but we keep losing you on the phone.

Q. How many of you can see these objects?
A. The whole crew.

Q. Have you a camera on board?
A. Yes, we have a video camera.

Q. Please try to get some video footage of the objects.
A. Yes, we're already trying.

AT THIS TIME ALL TELEPHONE CONTACT WAS LOST

Fifteen minutes later, a further telephone call was received. The caller
said, "All the objects have now gone, they've gone down into the sea."

Credit: Tony Dodd (UFO Magazine)
[End]

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
A broader overview of Dodd's reports from the sea off Iceland can be retrieved via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/2004062...ies.com/Area51/Shadowlands/6583/bases053.html

This is the summary from Dodd's old Geocities website. It includes a condensed account of the incident described above plus others during 1996 in the same area / region.

NOTE: Dodd's reports characterized the mystery objects as USOs rather than UFOs. We have a separate thread for USO issues:

USOs: Unidentified Submarine / Submerged Objects
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/usos-unidentified-submarine-submerged-objects.14395/

feinman

Reaction score
I'm going to have to have a look today at that. Great stuff Comfortably Numb! And thank you EnolaGaia!

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A broader overview of Dodd's reports from the sea off Iceland can be retrieved via...
Well that is amazing - can't thank you enough for taking the time.

The USO thread is really interesting also.

If I might please enquire - what do you make of it all?