What Do You Make Of This Triangular UFO Sighting?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
The USO thread is really interesting also.
If I might please enquire - what do you make of it all?
Well, since you asked ...

Generally speaking, I find UFO sightings by seamen out at sea more interesting than the majority of UFO sightings. Seamen are more attuned to the natural world and the skies at sea. Perhaps most importantly they are obligated to keep a careful watch on the weather, the waters and anything else that comes into view. By and large I've found sighting reports at sea to be more detailed and precise than almost all the sightings by ordinary folks on land and often surrounded by urban / suburban 'noise'.

Those accustomed to keeping watch at night are less likely to be surprised or fooled by mundane events (e.g., fireballs, high-flying aircraft).

Another factor is that the probabilities for pranks or hoaxing are greatly diminished out there away from shore.

This greater faith in seafarers' qualifications as reliable observers carries over (in my mind, at least ... ) to observations of anomalous surface or submerged phenomena.

It's long been noted that if one subscribed to the ETH and suspected aliens were secretly visiting or operating on earth, they could best remain out of sight by staying at sea - especially under the sea. It's still the case that we have more detailed knowledge of the moon's surface than our own seabeds. There's no better illustration for our understanding the sea's capacity for secrecy than the fact we deploy our least traceable and evadable strategic weaponry via nuclear submarines.

The most striking U*O reports are those that combine the UFO and USO motifs - i.e., objects seen to transition from air to sea or vice versa. The ability to transition from one to the other fluid medium is considerably more remarkable than behavior in only one or the other, and this ability remains truly beyond our own capabilities.

As to USOs specifically ... I still find USO reports quite intriguing, even given the fact there are as many or more confounding factors involved in detecting and observing submerged objects as flying ones. USOs represent a category of Fortean / paranormal phenomena that's generally escaped the excesses and spin-doctoring that have accreted to, and obscured serious inquiry into, other such subject matter areas.

feinman

Asymmetric Contact From Hyperdimensional Aliens.
Reaction score
Well, since you asked ...

Generally speaking, I find UFO sightings by seamen out at sea more interesting than the majority of UFO sightings. Seamen are more attuned to the natural world and the skies at sea. Perhaps most importantly they are obligated to keep a careful watch on the weather, the waters and anything else that comes into view. By and large I've found sighting reports at sea to be more detailed and precise than almost all the sightings by ordinary folks on land and often surrounded by urban / suburban 'noise'.

Those accustomed to keeping watch at night are less likely to be surprised or fooled by mundane events (e.g., fireballs, high-flying aircraft).

Another factor is that the probabilities for pranks or hoaxing are greatly diminished out there away from shore.

This greater faith in seafarers' qualifications as reliable observers carries over (in my mind, at least ... ) to observations of anomalous surface or submerged phenomena.

It's long been noted that if one subscribed to the ETH and suspected aliens were secretly visiting or operating on earth, they could best remain out of sight by staying at sea - especially under the sea. It's still the case that we have more detailed knowledge of the moon's surface than our own seabeds. There's no better illustration for our understanding the sea's capacity for secrecy than the fact we deploy our least traceable and evadable strategic weaponry via nuclear submarines.

The most striking U*O reports are those that combine the UFO and USO motifs - i.e., objects seen to transition from air to sea or vice versa. The ability to transition from one to the other fluid medium is considerably more remarkable than behavior in only one or the other, and this ability remains truly beyond our own capabilities.

As to USOs specifically ... I still find USO reports quite intriguing, even given the fact there are as many or more confounding factors involved in detecting and observing submerged objects as flying ones. USOs represent a category of Fortean / paranormal phenomena that's generally escaped the excesses and spin-doctoring that have accreted to, and obscured serious inquiry into, other such subject matter areas.
These are among my favorite types of sightings too. That's why I'm going to spend the evening looking at:
BLUE BOOK UFO REPORTS BY SHIPS AT SEA

A Research Paper by A. F. Rullan

THE LIST OF SIGHTINGS
A COLLECTION OF WATER-RELATED CASES

http://www.waterufo.net/menu.htm

feinman

Reaction score
I have also found a summary of some accounts I put together quite a years ago now:

"The back end was elliptical and as we passed underneath it we could see it was triangular in shape. There was a light at each corner."

"...an object the size of a Jumbo Jet, hovering..."

Bonnybridge, Scotland.

"Triangular, with bright white lights that dim..."

"...above trees not moving, then moving slow in horizontal and vertical directions..."

Elk Grove, California.

"...200 to 300 feet long, triangle shape..."

"...flying silently just above the tops of trees."

Tarpon Springs/Brooksville, Florida.

"...a triangle shaped craft with lights on the corners."

"It appears as an orange light at first...there was no sound".

Escondido, California.

"...a triangular-shaped craft...It had rounded corners and lights in the corners..."

"...it just skimmed the trees, it made no engine sound - only a
"whoooosh"-like noise. It was not flying fast..."

Indiana.

"...about the same size as a 747 at 20,000 feet, but triangular in shape."

"it wasn't moving...I watched it directly overhead for a good 5 minutes. I used a tree branch as a reference point to confirm that it wasn't moving...

There was no movement whatsoever. It maintained the exact same position - no rotation at. In fact, from the first moment I saw it until it disappeared, it just sat there as if it were painted onto the sky. When it disappeared,
it was as if someone had flipped a switch."

Fairfax County, Virginia.

"... an elongated, acute triangle with rounded edges... which had 3 lights
on it in a triangular formation and a red "beacon" light underneath."

"...what drew our attention to it was it's wobbly motion at first. It seemed like it was floating like a falling leaf...All the while no sound was heard until it was directly above us. It slowed and paused in mid-air for a second and emitteda real low but audible rumble which seemed to come oni instantaneous as if someone said "OK, turn on the sound"."

Pittsburgh, PA.

"...you could tell when it flew over that it was a triangular shape, a perfect triangle."

"...it stopped! It just hovered."

Fairfield, California.
[End]

Have to wonder how many others were never reported...?
A report of two triangular UFOs from 1950:
http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/052/S52110.html

Occurred : 10/15/1950 15:00 (Entered as : 10/?/50 15:00)
Reported: 8/22/2006 7:39:35 AM 07:39
Posted: 10/30/2006
Shape: Triangle
Duration:5 minutes
Triangles over New York Harbor 1950

My grand mother had taken me to Atlantic Highlands over looking Sandy Hook and New York Harbor. It was cold that day, I was 8 years old at the time.

We had stopped at a little snack bar about half way up the road and she got a cup of coffee, I don't remeber what I had.

We drove to the top and parked on the overlook. She was still driving her green 47 Chevy, she left the engine running and the heater on.

We noticed two triangle shaped objects comming down the Hudson from the direction of the George Washington Bridge they seemed to be at an altitude lower than us. They came very close, perhaps 1/4 mile or closer. We were looking down on them they were above the water perhaps 300-400 feet. As they passed the Chevy stalled and the Heater blower also stopped. The Blower started running when they were some distance out to sea. About two minutes later two aircraft that I think they were F-80's they had wing tanks.

Shortly there after the two objects flew past and up the Harbor toward the George Whashington Bridge at a high rate of speed the two F-80 were close behind. The objects appeared to be playing with the jets. They slowed down and sped up a couple of times turned sharply and headed out to sea over Coney Island.

My Grandmother died in 1966, I am now 63 years old I know what we saw was real.

((NUFORC Note: Witness indicates that the date of the sighting is approximate. We have assigned an arbitrary date in October 1950. PD))

feinman

Reaction score
Afaik, this is supposed to be genuine footage from jet intercepts of triangles over Belgium:

feinman

Reaction score

A LOST GIANT BLACK TRIANGLE FIRST REPORTED IN 1954

September 20, 1954
Enid, Oklahoma
https://www.fold3.com/image/1/8726791

From the Blue Book file:
“area between the triangular lights was blacked out” “it blacked out the stars while travelling across the sky”
Green Light, Amber Light, Red Light – Lights in a triangle shape.
3 to 5 miles away – “the size of two B-26’s”
“did not show any evidence of exhaust or any other method of propulsion”
Observer considered reliable, but “All details of the sighting are very vague” partly because the interview happened 2 months after. Others nearby at the drive-in told witness they didn’t see it when asked.
https://www.fold3.com/image/1/8726787
“three lights moving as a unit”
https://www.fold3.com/image/1/8726797
“Object covered by three (3) lights had to be as large as any known 4 engine aircraft”
https://www.fold3.com/image/1/8726800
He was at a drive-in theater at the time, parked in 5th row.
https://www.fold3.com/image/1/8726793
“Sighted for approximately one second”
“Moved from South to North on a straight and level trajectory at a speed of approximately 2000 to 4000 MPH.”
https://www.fold3.com/image/1/8726787