• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Triangular UFO Sightings

Mystery as 'triangle-shaped' UFO is spotted flying over Kilmarnock park

The dark-coloured craft was spied in the town last week.

Source: Daily Record
Date: 22/24 January, 2020

An appeal for information has been launched after a UFO was spotted flying over a Kilmarnock park.

A mysterious object spied hovering over the Howard Park last week.

Now one Kilmarnock resident want to know if anyone else saw the mysterious aircraft in the town on Tuesday, January 14.

The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, told the Kilmarnock Standard: "I was driving to my work on Tuesday morning and I saw this huge thing flying over the Howard Park.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...tery-triangle-shaped-ufo-spotted-21334922.amp

From my archives, some detailed, relatively early, accounts I was fortunately able to document. Thought these might be of interest.

Screenshot_20200224_073259_compress4.jpg

Screenshot_20200224_073444_compress5.jpg

Screenshot_20200224_073527_compress97.jpg

Screenshot_20200224_073612_compress93.jpg

Screenshot_20200224_073652_compress79.jpg

Screenshot_20200224_074713_compress68.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Comfortably Numb!. Mellon also looked into the triangles:

"I served in a capacity in which it was my job to conduct oversight of our black programs, and never saw anything of this kind on the books. Moreover, I was once actually specifically asked to determine whether we had a capability along these lines, in response to a query from the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, Senator Bobby Byrd.
I ran that all the way up the flagpole with the Air Force and others, and believe me, everyone respected Senator Byrd. No one was going to lie to him and risk his wrath. And the answer was, “Absolutely not. We don’t have a super-secret black triangle that can go at hypersonic speeds and all that sort of thing.”
Secondly, a technology like this is so radical, it can't just appear out of nowhere. There have to be facilities, there has to have been research and development, a prototype. We don't see any evidence of that anywhere.
Thirdly, these aircraft are being observed operating in and around carrier battle groups that are armed with air-to-air missiles and so forth. We never, to my knowledge, put at risk those personnel—or test personnel—by flying them in an uncoordinated manner against carrier battle groups. That's just not how we operate.
https://www.history.com/news/chris-mellon-ufo-investigations

This is supposed to be actual intercept footage of a triangle from the Belgian wave:

Fienman.

Sorry, can't resolve the picture on this computer.

But I have not seen another claim of any photo of this incident before. plenty of witnesses, but no pictures.

Do you think it is genuine ?

INT21

(I'll view it when I change over computers later)

Fienman.

Sorry, can't resolve the picture on this computer.

But I have not seen another claim of any photo of this incident before. plenty of witnesses, but no pictures.

Do you think it is genuine ?

INT21

(I'll view it when I change over computers later)
Hi INT21, here is a link to the Youtube video, if it helps:
I do think the trianngles were real --they were seen by folks on the ground and police too. I think the video is probably real and it came out of the Belgian air force.

With no clear provenance, the most likely origin of this clip is fakery. The photos from the Belgian Wave were also fakes, but at least we had a source for them.
I don't know the chain of custody of the footage, but Wilfried de Brouwer says it is real intercept footage from their jets, and I don't know why he would lie.
https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=wilfried+de+brouwer
During the period, there was a ground sighting by police who watched a triangle hover as it emitted a small glowing red object that came down and explored the street, moving about. I am open-minded about the triangles; they act !ike UFOs. I am aware of the interpretation of the events by skeptics.

Hmm most of the hits on that link are in Belgian. But attempting to read it like it's German.... he's a former Belgian military officer. The sighting was around 1989 and 1990.

With no clear provenance, the most likely origin of this clip is fakery. The photos from the Belgian Wave were also fakes, but at least we had a source for them.
Could you please expand on this - which photos and source?

I've mentioned this report and drawing previously, particularly as I know the witness and she is a most intelligent lady:

Screenshot_20191104_110955_compress12.jpg

Screenshot_20191104_110436_compress34.jpg

This is a sketch from Belgium:

Screenshot_20200228_063559_compress19.jpg

:dunno:

Do you have a version that isn't a 90-point font? :p It's hard to read because it doesn't fit on my computer screen.

But yeah, the glowing triangle of lights has been a staple of UFO pop culture for a long time.

Just had a quick browse there and knew, for certain, I would quickly come across another, comparative report I hadn't seen before.

Took a minute and this one's from Australia:

Massive black triangle UFO over New Lambton Heights in 1999

Dean "Vern" Garner has kept a secret for 20 years. He thinks about it often, but hardly speaks about it because he has no proof.

The memory came back vividly recently when he was throwing out old newspapers kept for painting. One fell on the floor.

It contained a story, published in this column in November 2017, about Geoff and Maree Masters. Dean hadn't come across the story until then.

The couple had shared their story about seeing a massive black triangle-shaped UFO from their Edgeworth front yard one night in the late 1990s.

Dean, who owns Vern's Guitar Clinic at Wallsend, had a similar experience.

"It was 1999, around November. It was a hot, crystal clear night. You could see the stars. There was no breeze," he said.

He was living on Grandview Road at New Lambton Heights on top of a ridge. That night, he was having a barbecue.

At about 11pm, he was outside talking to a mate about the forthcoming new year.

Suddenly, they could see "what appeared to be a fire, down low behind trees".

They also thought it could be lightning.

"Then the orange light started to rise up. It rose above the eucalypt trees," he said.

"We could see it coming towards us. I said, 'we’re about to find out what this thing is'.

"We were absolutely stunned. I said 'what the hell is that?'. This thing was coming towards us at no more than 25km/h.

"It was about 30 metres high, just above the tallest eucalyptus tree.

"As it approached us, the hairs on our neck and arms stood up. We were in deep shock. We couldn’t believe what we were seeing."

A massive triangular-shaped craft flew above them.

"It was travelling so low, you could have thrown a rock and hit it. It was directly above our heads," he said.

"As we stood underneath it, there was no doubt what it was. We knew straight away it was an alien craft from another planet. There’s nothing like that on our planet.

"I never thought I’d see a UFO in my life. It seemed to take a minute for the whole craft to pass over our house."

Light from the craft shone on them and the house.

The pair screamed, "hello, hello".

"We felt calm, like we weren’t in any danger. It was almost like it was being emitted from the ship somehow," he said.

He said the UFO had five lights, including a massive orange light in its centre.

"It was kind of like the inside of an orange when you cut an orange in half," he said.

The orange light itself, he said, was about "three quarters the size of a football field".

The triangular craft was much bigger.

It appeared to be made of a substance that he likened to "black glass or titanium".

"This thing was absolutely huge. It was 50 to 100 times the size of a 747," he estimated.

"It was a massive ship. It seemed to float on air. There were no engines, no flames, no sound. It was completely silent. It was absolutely beautiful.

"It came from another world, an advanced world. We had the distinct impression that we and everything around us were being filmed. We didn’t know why, we just had that feeling."

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/...ive-black-triangle-ufo-flew-over-new-lambton/

Most of the images of text. It's apparently a large print file and this one, just for an example, is two screens high.
Thanks - this is a puzzle.

All OK here - are you viewing on a PC/laptop or mobile?

Anyone else have this problem, or understand why it exists?

Thanks - this is a puzzle.

All OK here - are you viewing on a PC/laptop or mobile?

Anyone else have this problem, or understand why it exists?
I DL'ed a copy of the image to check the native resolution. The native resolution is quite large, 1080 wide and 1541 high. I'm not sure why the file has those dimensions, but apparently it's just being shown nearly it's full size on my screen? I made a screen cap and put it in MSPaint so I could count the width in pixels of the file as displayed in the message board. It's actually being displayed slightly smaller(984 pixels wide) than the actual file dimensions.

I don't know the chain of custody of the footage, but Wilfried de Brouwer says it is real intercept footage from their jets, and I don't know why he would lie.
https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=wilfried+de+brouwer

Does he though? That (very lo-res) clip seems to be taken from a documentary. In the clip, Brouwer is pointing at some different imagery, which is supposed to be radar data from the intercepting planes. The footage of a triangle seems to be something else, probably SFX from the makers of the documentary. There don't seem to be any actual photos from the Belgian Wave that aren't fakes or mock-ups, and the radar data is suspect.

Here's a clearer picture of the radar data; as you can see, this is different footage.
Colonel_Wilfried_De_Brouwer_explaining_some_radar_data_taken_near_one_of_the_UFOs_1990_courtes...jpg

Last edited:
Does he though? That (very lo-res) clip seems to be taken from a documentary. In the clip, Brouwer is pointing at some different imagery, which is supposed to be radar data from the intercepting planes. The footage of a triangle seems to be something else, probably SFX from the makers of the documentary. There don't seem to be any actual photos from the Belgian Wave that aren't fakes or mock-ups, and the radar data is suspect.

Here's a clearer picture of the radar data; as you can see, this is different footage.
View attachment 23676
I don't know, but it is worth looking into; perhaps he talks about the origin of the footage in one of those Youtube videos. If you have the time and inclination, let us know if you find anything, otherwise I might be able to take a kook this weekend. I don't know a great deal about the triangular UFO sightings, though we do have Marler's book at my work.

Back