• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Happened To The Sphinx's Nose ?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Contemporary legend has it that The Sphinx's nose was blasted off its face by a cannon shot by one of Napolean's soldiers .. some people reckon instead that it was vandalised by a sulking Muslim .. we'll probably never know ..

asphyinx.jpg

https://www.smithsonianjourneys.org/blog/photo-what-happened-to-the-sphinxs-nose-180950757/

"My Sphinx has no nose"

"Your Sphinx has no nose ? .. how does it smell ?"

Last edited:
I remember seeing a tv special hosted by Charlton Heston about an archaeologist who felt he had proof that the Sphinx predated the flood and that it originally had a lion head.

I remember seeing a tv special hosted by Charlton Heston about an archaeologist who felt he had proof that the Sphinx predated the flood and that it originally had a lion head.
Dr Robert Schoch. Quite compelling, too (he was interviewed in the FT many moons ago.) He's no left-field crank, and has solid and reasoned propositions. It is becoming clear that the whole established, orthodox timeline regarding Middle Eastern archaeology is out of whack, sometimes by centuries or even millennia.

Thanks for the reference to Dr. Schoch. Fascinating, as Spock would say.

Back