What Have You Been Doing Today ?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Not quite....she's the daughter of half of Leftfield.

And she's incredible. Check out her performance at Glastonbury last year:

Agreed. She's absolutely brilliant, I feel like it's the best of 1985 again when I hear her stuff, she sounds like 'let the music play' or 'body rock' ..

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Went to visit my storage facility to find my picture frame making tools. Brought a load of boxes back.
I'd like to find a way to stop using the storage facility - I would really like to have my own workshop to put all my tools in, but looking at rental costs, that's going to be impossible. It's a wonder that anybody gets started in business in this country, because the costs of property are just astronomical. I live in a state of constant frustration.
Don't know what the solution is.

Last edited:

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
trying to recuperate from pneumonia
Get well soon!

I surprised myself by doing some housework. I eased myself into it gradually, choosing to start with the glass shelf in the bathroom. This is purely decorative, consisting of a long plate glass shelf over the bath on which there are a few old kinetic toys - pseudo perpetual motions, lots of shells, including some which came with scallops on them originally an a miniature rubber-plant which has survived in the same tiny pot for fifteen or twenty years. It seems to tolerate both drying-out and compensatory over-watering. Anyway, the whole fixture is essentially just a dust-trap.

Cleaning it rewards the relatively small outlay of energy with a total transformation. Gleaming chromium balls and shells fresh from a renewed contact with water remind me why I used to like the odd combination. Elsewhere, the house is too full of books and records to afford much space for decorative frivolity. Maybe I will get a couple of those old 9v radio batteries and set those balls swinging again.

Slightly motivated now, I vacuumed the stairs and scrubbed off two tarry patches which I had just scowled at for months. They lifted quite easily. Then the skirting-boards got a quick going-over with surface-wipes. Well those are handy! While I was on a roll, the porch and library got a taste of the same treatment.

It wasn't really until I done all this that I knew what I was really doing: procrastinating! There is a second-round of the BT-dispute ahead and I should be refining and polishing my renewed complaint. I have until Friday. :fence:

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Tin bath ? when I were a lad.....
Oooo i remember that as a kid, lovely open fire
Bloody luxury! I had to stand in the rain to wash.
Posh git, you had the first shower on the street?
Lying around coughing, trying to recuperate from pneumonia. Grateful I'm not in the hospital (or dead) but tired of feeling wretched. :hurting:
You take care dear, wrap up warm with a bottle of wine and a bacon butty watching shite films

I've been at C.A.B. trying to sort out what i do next when my 28 weeks runs out, they gave me a number for ESA and told me what i read on tinternet is wrong :D

INT21

Antediluvian
Finished off removing the kitchen ceiling.

Now only have to put up the new one after re-routing some power cables.

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Training, block pulls and back assistance work. 127.5kg for 2 sets of 4. Last week it felt like an absolute grind to get the weight up, today it flew, super quick reps :D

Shady

Do you ever just read a book or watch a film Skrymr? you are always training, don't you ever just relax?

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Do you ever just read a book or watch a film Skrymr? you are always training, don't you ever just relax?
Training 4 times a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, the other days I'm usually fishing or doing something fishing related like tying flies :)

Edit: Apart from saturdays, I like to set aside a few hours on Saturdays to read :D

Shady

Just rung 111, my stitches were all healed, and the stitches had all disolved,still a bit sensitive, but i bust a bit open, only bout quarter an inch didnt know what the heck to do, they gonna phone me back, twas my own fault, toilet related, TMI but i have never dealt with owt like it, so ive put a round flat piece of cotton wool over it and some cellotape

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Just rung 111, my stitches were all healed, and the stitches had all disolved,still a bit sensitive, but i bust a bit open, only bout quarter an inch didnt know what the heck to do, they gonna phone me back, twas my own fault, toilet related, TMI but i have never dealt with owt like it, so ive put a round flat piece of cotton wool over it and some cellotape
Hope they fix you up ASAP. Hugs.

INT21

Antediluvian
Gaffer tape ; Never fails.

(Only joking)

I imagine the 'fix' will involve super glue. (medical grade).

This kind of thing happens sometimes with stitches. You're lucky. The only ones I ever had were in my mouth.

Shady

Yes, superglue in your gob, good idea LOL
Just had a call back, im ok and they said see my GP in morning, i know i am panicking over stupid stuffi embarrass myself sometimes
Thank you guys *huge Hugs*