What Have You Been Doing Today ?

INT21

Antediluvian
Yes, superglue in your gob, good idea LOL
Just had a call back, im ok and they said see my GP in morning, i know i am panicking over stupid stuffi embarrass myself sometimes
Thank you guys *huge Hugs*
About thirty years ago I had all my teeth removed at the same time, They were damaged following a bike accident.

It was done under general anesthetic. So I woke up with a mouth full of stitches.

And the first thing I chose to eat ? A packet of salted peanuts.

You'll be fine.

:)

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
OMG well the salt must have stung but it would have helped with healing????? how long was it before you could eat?

Shady

Me to, ASDA are doing 6 for £4 i think it is, i accidentaly picked up a chicken one, will give it someone, i like the winter veg ones and tomato as well, i think i picked up a carrot and parsnip one, yummy

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Giving Bob Mortimer a hag stone and explaining what it was/is and helping our head chef because our new chef 'we've been told' has just gone into a diabetic coma .. so a typical Cromer day to be honest.

Last edited:

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Yes...I did.
'Time Loves A Hero' by Little Feat
'Hums' by The Lovin Spoonful
'Boz Scaggs'...first album , Loan Me A Dime is on that one with Duane Allman on lead guitar on the whole record.

I know the kid who owns the place so he always gives me a really good price on original vinyl.

This was right after Boz left the Steve MIller Band.

INT21

Antediluvian
I'm at the other end of the scale.

Far too many LPs, Tapes, CD/DVDs. Hardly ever listen to any of them these days.

Still brows the second hand shops though.

titch

Justified & Ancient
Getting a much needed haircut, and being offered by the barber to have my eyebrows trimmed and ears waxed. Put out by the suggestion, did it anyway. Damn you middle age! Bad enough going bald, but does hair have to grow out of control elsewhere?!
I feel your pain, if only my nose hair would grow on my head...

Shady

I didnt feel like going to the welcome clinic to watch what happens when ya have chemo, stomach hurt a bit, but they said i would be sitting down so thought ok i will go,so, half hour later just as i am walking out the door the phone rang, they cancelled it till next week, yay, feel better now :p

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Getting a much needed haircut, and being offered by the barber to have my eyebrows trimmed and ears waxed. Put out by the suggestion, did it anyway. Damn you middle age! Bad enough going bald, but does hair have to grow out of control elsewhere?!
My nose sometimes grows two long hairs, one from each nostril, like little tusks. One is now back so I hope the other hurries along soon.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My nose sometimes grows two long hairs, one from each nostril, like little tusks. One is now back so I hope the other hurries along soon.
I once had an extra-thick hair grow in one nostril. Had to remove it as it was making me sneeze regularly. Boy, was that a struggle! Had to use a pair of pliers.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
An interesting evening yesterday. After the inevitable hell that is Friday at work, I did a bit of tutoring then went to a concert. The programme was great (wagner, schubert, shostakovich) and the orchestra were very happy because they'd just won an award so the leaders (CEO and musical director) were making speeches and posing for photos after the first half.

After that finished about 10pm I decided to go for a walk and ended up in the pub (funny how that happens). I missed the last train home so I went for the minibus stop. Suddenly I was blindsided by running people, followed by riot police and the sound of gunshots. Oh dear, better go somewhere quieter. It kept happening - a street corner would be quiet one moment, the next washed through by a yelling human wave. A friend helped me call an uber (internet taxi) but had to keep changing the pickup point because the cops kept regrouping wherever I was standing.

I was pretty wasted by this point and exhausted so I was fairly unphased and just stood there instead of running (probably a good idea in retrospect because I wouldn't want to get 'arrested'). Police politely asked me to move aside a few times. Eventually the car came and I got home.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
This morning I went to this fancy kind of organic Cafe in my village because you can order vegetables there. There is a Taiwanese girl who works there who I met last week and seems really all over the place - kind of constantly stressed but incompetent and very chatty. I went and asked about ordering vegetables and she said sure, let's walk over to the farm and we can cut some. I thought that sounded like fun so I said ok. We got there and started inspecting kale when her boss shows up and says there's been a misunderstanding, that I am definitely not allowed in there and I have to order (which is what I originally thought). It rubbed me up the wrong way because he was talking about it like it was my fault when it was clearly his clueless employee's. Anyway we went back to the cafe and I placed an order for some greens and everybody's happy. At least it was an adventure.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
forgetting the names of mostly anyone I think of...why? why the names, and not the film/show, whatever they were in? the minute I struggle to remember the name Steve Pemberton, shoot me.