What Have You Been Doing Today?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Yea... that's graphic for sure - might just pass on the full Scottish breakfast this morning and have some toast instead...
I thought a full Scottish breakfast was porridge or is that just me being a racist?

edit .. Max beat me to it

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Phoned into work to see if I'm needed or not today then was gently reminded I'm supposed to be off today anyway .. I thought today was Tuesday but it's not is it, it's Wednesday .. that was slightly embarrassing.
In those circs the correct response is 'Well y'know me, can't keep away from the place...'

I once rolled up on my day off when I worked at a gym, so as I had my kit there I had a nice long workout.

Last edited:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
You should put it in in a review on trip advisor.
I had a smashing time hunck. 5 out of 5. I see it's called 'The Lord Burton' these days which makes sense as it's in Burton on Trent .. here's exactly where it all happened in fact, right at the far back right hand corner in one of those types of cubicles that you can't see in this picture, right at the back of the room :)

abj2.jpg

Last edited:

hunck

Justified & Ancient
I had a smashing time hunck. 5 out of 5. I see it's called 'The Lord Burton' these days which makes sense as it's in Burton on Trent .. here's exactly where it all happened in fact, right at the far back right hand corner in one of those types of cubicles that you can't see in this picture, right at the back of the room :)

View attachment 21294
Happy hour indeed. One of their better carpets as well.

INT21

Antediluvian
On a less cheerful note though, today I phoned my Dad to tell him where and when his old best mate Reg's funeral is happening. Reg's wife phoned me to ask me to do that.
Never nice when that kind of thing happens.

I remember a few year back when it suddenly appeared on Face Book that one of my nephews was dead. His mother didn't know.
We raced off to get to her before she saw it, but we were too late.

That illustrated that some people are so keen to get a 'first' on the net they don't think to check that the appropriate people are informed before they do it.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I remember a few year back when it suddenly appeared on Face Book that one of my nephews was dead. His mother didn't know.
We raced off to get to her before she saw it, but we were too late.

That illustrated that some people are so keen to get a 'first' on the net they don't think to check that the appropriate people are informed before they do it.
Had this in my own family a few years ago. A beloved uncle died suddenly* and people were talking about it on Facebook. Some family members were on holiday and probably hadn't heard the bad news so a cousin took umbrage, saying we should have kept quiet until they were back. She was so upset she unfriended me. I wasn't bothered, she's a silly bitch.

*Well, he was 80-odd and in poorish health so it wasn't exactly a bolt from the blue.

As I've already had my first Christmas card, decided to write out mine. Also fixed the wheel on the book trolley I take to Probus and rang a couple of people who are not well.
Splendid day there, Iris! Nice touch thinking of others. :friends:

I spend so much time as possible, helping out at a nearby, 'old folks home'!

Been tramping about the cairngorms.
Inspired by your stunningly beautiful photograph, decided I really need to sort out my own, going back some 30 years!

In boxes all over the place - cupboards, underneath the beds, etc.!

Following on from your good self, these are cherished. Some of the photographs (non-digital, Canon EOS 10, with tripod) taken of my beloved Iona:

Screenshot_20191130_104250_compress73.jpg

Screenshot_20191130_104327_compress21.jpg

Screenshot_20191130_104424_compress77.jpg

Screenshot_20191130_104521.jpg

titch

Justified & Ancient
Inspired by your stunningly beautiful photograph, decided I really need to sort out my own, going back some 30 years!

In boxes all over the place - cupboards, underneath the beds, etc.!

Following on from your good self, these are cherished. Some of the photographs (non-digital, Canon EOS 10, with tripod) taken of my beloved Iona:

View attachment 21413

View attachment 21414

View attachment 21415

View attachment 21416
That has reminded me of my own Visit to Iona, I was very young, about 5, and went there with my family (for some Methodist thing I suspect) and I had, for the first and last time a spiritual feeling.

I think a return visit is long overdue, Oban, Mull and Iona in the spring or Autumn.

I think a return visit is long overdue, Oban, Mull and Iona in the spring or Autumn.
Springtime on Iona is amazing - the wild flowers are blossoming on the machair.

These photos were scanned at high resolution. If you click on the first one and zoom in, how crystal clear is that water. Magical!

You have reminded that these were taken some years ago, when the ferry between Mull and Iona was little more than a rowing boat with an outboard motor.

Morning of our return journey, the Sound of Mull was disturbingly choppy. Didn't help that the boat was weighed down with some 30 large gas canisters - the tall ones you would use in a bar.

Decided I was just being overanxious, so all was well...

...until the lady sat next to myself took out her Rosary beads and started praying for St. Christopher to save us all...