What Have You Been Doing Today?

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
had weigh in for tomorrow and today I have mostly been eating tons on coaches order. So far I have put away a large macdonalds meal for breakfast, a 6 pack of sausage rolls, pot noodle and a whole malt loaf, and another burger and chips. How I still have a 32" waist I don't know hahaha
My thigh is closer to 32” than my waist.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Daughter has a temperature of 39°C+

I feel so sorry for her because she's a little delirious, but fortunately a doctor without an appointment and no waiting time is achievable here, so my wife took her.

Lots of medicine, water, soup and cuddles for her, plus I blitz-cleaned the house, did the laundry and put up all the decorations while my wife was on nursing duty.

I've been under the weather myself, but lots of activity made me forget about it.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Today, I went up to Surfleet in Lincolnshire to meet up with an old friend. We had Sunday lunch in The Ship Inn, which is a lovely cosy place. Food was OK, but we both agreed it could have been better for the price.
I had problems with my central locking again, after the garage looked at it yesterday. Grrrr.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
We have discussed this problem at length. It's probably an interference issue.
I am not sure what could be interfering with it. It happens randomly and can happen anywhere I park. Surfleet is relatively remote, and where I parked is not somewhere where there'd be a lot of interference from radio transmissions, etc. I think the passenger door's locking unit is probably going to need replacing. Odd that it's the door that gets used least.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Day off today so did various chores - shopping, housework, tidied my car - and then made some sleep masks.

I like to have one on to keep out the glare of the laptop beside my bed when I'm playing scary stories at bedtime. They slip off in the night and fall down the top of the bed or somewhere so I'm building a stock of them. The theory is that I'll always be able to find one in the night.

Edit - now in bed and have tried a mask - oh my FLIP it's good. Warm, cosy, comfortable, keeps the light out.
Will soon pop it back on and settle down with, I dunno, Stephen King or M.R. James or Michael Crichton.

Last edited:

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
@Yithian Hope your daughter is ok and take care of yourself as well X
Maybe some one can help me, cause i have probably made a fool of myself with the council, now i know we have the regional voting, which i did, but, i thought we were having a general election were we vote who is the PM, am i wrong on this?

In the general election you can only vote for a candidate you wish to be your MP. We never have the chance to directly vote for who we wish to be the Prime Minister, the Prime Minister is simply who can build the strongest coalition in parliament (usually if their party has a clear majority of seats).

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
@Yithian Hope your daughter is ok and take care of yourself as well X
Maybe some one can help me, cause i have probably made a fool of myself with the council, now i know we have the regional voting, which i did, but, i thought we were having a general election were we vote who is the PM, am i wrong on this?
Thanks, Shady.

Her temperature's almost back to normal, she's just a bit tired now from three nights of un-refreshing fever-sleeps.

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
I have been laying about moaning and feeling sorry for myself as I have Man Flu. Felt Ill Friday but had a pre-arranged meeting (five hours worth) with HSE so travelled into work and have regretted itself since.
The only consolation I have is that I may possibly have contaminated two warranted officers of the crown!

I have been laying about moaning and feeling sorry for myself as I have Man Flu.!
Me too!!

It's times like this, I miss my mum.

She would be all over me with a wee bowl of chicken soup, or did I want some scrambled egg on toast.

Mind you, that would have been quite a few years ago now! :)

Aww! Me too!

Mines been gone so long I reckon shes several contexts down.

I have a cold but I went to Uni...it was a bright sunny day and so afterwards I went beachcombing, and found a decent haul of sea glass.

(Useless to me but I am trying to fill a half sized demijohn.)

(Need about another inch...)

(Then, I will start upon the other half demijohn...)

Fine winters days are lovley in Cornwall.