What Have You Been Doing Today?

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Working, then casting my vote in a game of charades.
Monster Racing Loony Party got your vote?

Today I was dropping off a Christmas Hamper to my brother (long time members might remember) - enough Christmas food to keep should he wish to cook his own meal, presents, chocolates, etc. I didn't go in, I just handed things over, made small talk, and left. I am not expecting to see him on Christmas, but have no objection to seeing him.

Ulalume

tart of darkness
Just been micro-needling my skin. This probably sounds like a form of torture, but it's not that bad. Anyway, I've managed to take about 20 years of sun damage off my skin and remove the bags under my eyes, so it's worth it.

ETA - also managed to remove a fairly nasty scar I got from spilling boiling water on my hand. Gone in 6 weeks! :)

Last edited:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Just been micro-needling my skin. This probably sounds like a form of torture, but it's not that bad. Anyway, I've managed to take about 20 years of sun damage off my skin and remove the bags under my eyes, so it's worth it.

ETA - also managed to remove a fairly nasty scar I got from spilling boiling water on my hand. Gone in 6 weeks! :)
Are you doing that yourself at home?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Supporting a local hunt on its Boxing Day meet:

Hound practises psychokinesis skills on my flask of hot chocolate

This little lass wanted to take all the animals home:

Awwww!

And the clearup begins:

maximus otter

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
This is ALSO the same place and probably room and probably people where the /last/ time I voted I managed to get the handles of my walker stuck under the shelf you use to write on....
I would report them as the polling station is not DDA compliant. You won’t get anything but they will get a little hot under the collar

Tempest63

Abominable Snowman
Supporting a local hunt on its Boxing Day meet:

Hound practises psychokinesis skills on my flask of hot chocolate

This little lass wanted to take all the animals home:

Awwww!

And the clearup begins:

maximus otter
Beautiful. My wife and I wanted to get out to one in Essex but we are both full of germs. We have a lovely limited edition Debbie Boon painting of foxhounds on our hall wall which we adore.

Attachments

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Visited my recently widowed auntie, but spent most of the visit chatting with my cousin's little daughter. She has learning difficulties, poor wee soul, but she's exhaustingly cheery. Anyway, got a present I wasn't expecting, a gift card that was surprisingly expensive. Don't think I'm worth that!

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Went out to the charity shop first time in a long time, found a skirt that i fell in love with, it was one practically like the black kilt one that was on here, @Frideswide would remember it, it was a size 14, imma 16, or, i was, i am now a 14, lost a lot of weight i have, i am overjoyed about it, i had a heavy chain to attach on the front, it looks impressive, my friend paid for it, it was just under a fiver, theeeeeen, we on ebay and a single bed i have wanted with a lift up base for storage came up, my friend got it for £40, we pick it up tomorrow, she paid for that as well, im poor at the moment, but the bed and the skirt made me so happy, I know it sounds pathetic, but i cant help it, sorry

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Went out to the charity shop first time in a long time, found a skirt that i fell in love with, it was one practically like the black kilt one that was on here, @Frideswide would remember it, it was a size 14, imma 16, or, i was, i am now a 14, lost a lot of weight i have, i am overjoyed about it, i had a heavy chain to attach on the front, it looks impressive, my friend paid for it, it was just under a fiver, theeeeeen, we on ebay and a single bed i have wanted with a lift up base for storage came up, my friend got it for £40, we pick it up tomorrow, she paid for that as well, im poor at the moment, but the bed and the skirt made me so happy, I know it sounds pathetic, but i cant help it, sorry
Congrats on the weight loss!

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
It's not pathetic at all, @Shady, it's a lot to celebrate :) Congrats on the weight loss, and hope the bed pick-up goes well.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Congrats on the weight loss!
Thank you dear
It's not pathetic at all, @Shady, it's a lot to celebrate :) Congrats on the weight loss, and hope the bed pick-up goes well.
We got lost a tad, but its to be expected occasionally, but everything went well after, as i watched my SiL and her son put the bed together, better than any programme on telly

Schrodinger's Zebra

Thank you dear
We got lost a tad, but its to be expected occasionally, but everything went well after, as i watched my SiL and her son put the bed together, better than any programme on telly
Yey!! New bed successfully installed :D excellent stuff.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Oooh, people have been suffocated by those!
Aren't you thinking of the Z-Bed things? The ones that fold up, concertina style?

Whereas I think Shady is talking about the storage divans which hinge up to provide storage access below the mattress.

Of course I could be wrong on either one or both of the above.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
ooooh! you clever clever Majesty!!!!!!!!