What Have You Been Doing Today?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I'm at work in an occupation where things can go wrong and leave me with nothing to do for a while.

Guess what, things have gone wrong!
So I've just had a nice hot lunch and will shortly be going for a stroll to the Asian Market to purchase gob-searing snacks for Techy.

Last edited:

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Aren't you thinking of the Z-Bed things? The ones that fold up, concertina style?

Whereas I think Shady is talking about the storage divans which hinge up to provide storage access below the mattress.

Of course I could be wrong on either one or both of the above.
Yes,that's the sort Zebs :D And i didn't get slammed last night by it lol I thought those were solid bottomed, its just a sheet of stuff lol

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
This morning we braved the rain and wind to take the dogs in the car to one of our favourite dog-walking haunts. We had a lovely walk alongside the river and into the park.

ZebraPup1 had a good swim and then had a good game of fetch with her tennis ball (and then carried it back to the car).
ZebraPup2 got off lead too and she met some other dogs and people which boosted her confidence, and she came back to us when we called her and didn't really get scared of anything.

So all in all a very pleasant walk.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Picked my bike up from the Garage, following a complete brake failure when approaching a major roundabout last week. The mechanic was describing the problem down the phone in layman terms - steel and asbestos brake pad on either side of the front disc, which slow the bike down when squeezed together. Except that one of the brake pads was missing - do what ?
Think he was curious as to where it had gone to - I dunno, I'm not a mechanic.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Picked my bike up from the Garage, following a complete brake failure when approaching a major roundabout last week. The mechanic was describing the problem down the phone in layman terms - steel and asbestos brake pad on either side of the front disc, which slow the bike down when squeezed together. Except that one of the brake pads was missing - do what ?
Think he was curious as to where it had gone to - I dunno, I'm not a mechanic.
Probably cracked and fell off. Glad you're OK.

Shady

You were very lucky, glad to hear you are ok

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Talk of brakes reminds me that earlier today I was telling Techy to drive my car to work as his has a brake problem. I really had to be quite stern about it.

As i commute by bike I don't need the banger. I'd rather he took it than risk a bump or worse in his own death-trap.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Smashed my wife's favourite laptop. Not deliberately mind you. It was a comedy of errors.
Said laptop was in the boot of our car. Car went to mechanics to get a new light installed. Laptop was taken out of car and left securely ( so we thought ) on a box in our rear storage area. This afternoon, I'm packing away a display Christmas tree, re-box it and take it to said storage area where such things are kept. Place box on ground, box wobbles, slightly overbalances, knocks another box off a nearby wall onto a wheeled suitcase which shoots into the box sending the laptop flying. A domino effect of sorts in motion. Plastic pieces go flying.
It boots up by the sound of it, but the screen is fucked. Fortunately, she has 2 others and it was not her primary work laptop.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Spent a good portion of the day in hospital as my mother fell this morning and broke her right hip. As a result she'll be getting a replacement tomorrow morning.
This has been a great couple of days... evacuated from home due to fires, smashed my wife's laptop and now this. I think I'll buy myself a lottery ticket as my luck has to change soon enough.

Spent a good portion of the day in hospital as my mother fell this morning and broke her right hip. As a result she'll be getting a replacement tomorrow morning.
This has been a great couple of days... evacuated from home due to fires, smashed my wife's laptop and now this. I think I'll buy myself a lottery ticket as my luck has to change soon enough.
Hope your mother is well again soon. At least there's no delay in the operation.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Hope your mother is well again soon. At least there's no delay in the operation.
Thank you. Likely a 5 day hospital stay after the operation and then a 6 week recovery period. Fortunately my sister is a physiotherapist and our eldest son is an emergency surgeon, so we have plenty of expertise to call on once she's home.
For someone of her age, she's 85, there is plenty of assistance offered by local health services.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Thank you. Likely a 5 day hospital stay after the operation and then a 6 week recovery period. Fortunately my sister is a physiotherapist and our eldest son is an emergency surgeon, so we have plenty of expertise to call on once she's home.
For someone of her age, she's 85, there is plenty of assistance offered by local health services.
Sorry to hear that, I'm sure you'll all pamper her to bits. You can buy a box of those little foam ear plugs from a lot of chemists in case she gets noisy neighbours on her ward so she can get a better night's sleep LL.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Sorry to hear that, I'm sure you'll all pamper her to bits. You can buy a box of those little foam ear plugs from a lot of chemists in case she gets noisy neighbours on her ward so she can get a better night's sleep LL.
Thank you! Her room mate moved out this afternoon, so it appears she'll have the room to herself at least for tonight. There's a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss what happens now. There is an aged care facility in my town where my sister and niece both work, where she'll most likely end up for respite until she is capable of at least walking with only a stick.

Last edited:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Thank you! Her room mate moved out this afternoon, so it appears she'll have the room to herself at least for tonight. There's a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss what happens now. There is an aged care facility on my town where my sister and niece both work, where she'll most likely end up for respite until she is capable of at least walking with only a stick.
These are similar to the ones I used although you can then hear your heart beating instead so they're not perfect, I've just discovered I was just stuffing them in when I should have been rolling and squashing them with my fingers instead so they reshape themselves inside your ear canal. You can also get them in larger quantity boxes from Boots and other chemists.

https://www.boots.com/boots-foam-earplugs-3-pairs-with-carry-case-10114105?CA_6C15C=579258590&affwin&cm_mmc=affiliates-_-Editorial Content-_-ShopStyle UK-_-79682&utm_source=affiliates&utm_medium=Editorial+Content&utm_campaign=ShopStyle+UK-79682&awc=2041_1579088505_53cabdb8c35b7783b8bfbf37204857cc

Shady

I was at hospital last night, got a chest infection
Been shopping to about three charity shops, got a nice free pressure cushion, looks brand new, from Notts and Lincs Air ambulance shop.
Been to Aldis and ASDA.
Having a cuppa now i am back, had a chips and curry ready meal, that's it

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I was at hospital last night, got a chest infection
Been shopping to about three charity shops, got a nice free pressure cushion, looks brand new, from Notts and Lincs Air ambulance shop.
Been to Aldis and ASDA.
Having a cuppa now i am back, had a chips and curry ready meal, that's it
Don't go overdoing things with a chest infection. Sit on your pressure cushion! Have another cuppa!