What Have You Been Doing Today?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Went to work this morning. Network was down - so I couldn't do anything. Went home to continue working from home.
Stopped off at Tesco. They had a queue and the car park was full - at 11 am. Drove off, not wanting to waste time, went to crappy Co-Op. Hardly any cars, no queues, loads of bread.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
March 17th, the call went out from No. 10 to the London Universities for equipment, consumables and expertise in the race for a vaccine.
Of the 35 PCR machines requested, we as a group came up with 16 and I emptied Stores for 'plasticware' and put it on trolleys ready for collection. That's why I've be in to London every day. Two weeks later it still sits.
Received apologies today for non-collection of our PCR machine - it wasn't the right model but nobody informed us.
Received new list of consumables required, not written by a Scientist but I got the guist - request for gloves this time - pulled out a hundred boxes. There's just no sense of urgency to anything.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Basic grocery shop (still no bog rill, thank Mothman there's still plenty at home), put the washing out, dithered...
Bog rill?
220px-Rill_network_from_Tyrone%2C_Ireland.jpg

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I went shopping today!

To the village Co-op!

I bought two loaves of bread! (and found some reduced items, -beef stew, sushi and a pizza for supper...)

And then did banking for Dad, -taking money out of his PO account and putting in the bank account.

(Im sure there are more convenient ways of doing it...but this is how he has always done it.)

(Im not going to talk about him and IT. Last time I watched him, he was using two laptops at once...)

Schrodinger's Zebra

I tried to warn you...
Reaction score
After work we did a bit of gardening, and put some vegetable remnants onto our newly-discovered compost heap.

Then we cut a few daffodils... but then couldn't find our vase. So, I retrieved an empty glass bottle that had once contained raspberry syrup (mix it with fizzy water... hmmm delicious) and soaked off the label, put some water in (without rinsing it out, so that the tiny amount of remaining syrup will, being sugary, help feed the flowers) and popped the daffodils in.

They look lovely on the window sill, with the pinkyness of the syrupy water contrasting nicely with the yellow of the flowers :D

I also retrieved two more empty raspberry-syrup bottles and soaked their labels off (again leaving the remnants of syrup in) for future flower cutting.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Ive been on Reddit, iv'e been talking to some friends on here whatsapp and skype

I was also wondering, what are all of you going to do the minute they lift the stay at home rule

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
After work we did a bit of gardening, and put some vegetable remnants onto our newly-discovered compost heap.

Then we cut a few daffodils... but then couldn't find our vase. So, I retrieved an empty glass bottle that had once contained raspberry syrup (mix it with fizzy water... hmmm delicious) and soaked off the label, put some water in (without rinsing it out, so that the tiny amount of remaining syrup will, being sugary, help feed the flowers) and popped the daffodils in.

They look lovely on the window sill, with the pinkyness of the syrupy water contrasting nicely with the yellow of the flowers :D

I also retrieved two more empty raspberry-syrup bottles and soaked their labels off (again leaving the remnants of syrup in) for future flower cutting.
I thought you were supposed to use crushed aspirins to keep cut flowers fresh.

Schrodinger's Zebra

I tried to warn you...
Reaction score
I thought you were supposed to use crushed aspirins to keep cut flowers fresh.

Ooh, never heard of that one! Does that work, then? I only know of the sugar thing.

Ive been on Reddit, iv'e been talking to some friends on here whatsapp and skype

I was also wondering, what are all of you going to do the minute they lift the stay at home rule

Probably the same as we do now... not go out much! The virus will still be there, and we're not particularly prolific going-outers anyway :D

(Maybe take the ZebraPups to one of their favourite walks, though).

Staying at home. I much prefer it to going out. I only just realised it’s easter hols this weekend.

Oh, so it is! Wonder if we still get the day off work, then, seeing as we're working from home... it won't feel awfully different!

Tin

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score

I promised I'd take my eldest grandson up Pumlumon mountain in the Easter Hols so I'll be doing that when it's lifted.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
I promised I'd take my eldest grandson up Pumlumon mountain in the Easter Hols so I'll be doing that when it's lifted.
Ooo now that looks nice, i hope you get to do that
Woke up with a bad headache, ate breakfast, checked emails, looked on this forum, decided to do not much today.
Sounds good, hope that headache as gone now

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Staying at home. I much prefer it to going out. I only just realised it’s easter hols this weekend.
Lots of Easter eggs then, stuff yourself with chocolate
Ooh, never heard of that one! Does that work, then? I only know of the sugar thing.
Probably the same as we do now... not go out much! The virus will still be there, and we're not particularly prolific going-outers anyway :D

(Maybe take the ZebraPups to one of their favourite walks, though).

Oh, so it is! Wonder if we still get the day off work, then, seeing as we're working from home... it won't feel awfully different!
LOL yea, hiding behind a tree, actually, thats kinda weird :p

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Accusing my Mum of swearing on facebook for a laugh even though she didn't (she doesn't swear, she wrote something in French) .. my best mate from school days decided to join in on the joke and my Mum's just told him off :)

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Reading Andy McNab and talking to friends on whatsapp and skype

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Worked from home today. Struggled a bit with no access to the network.
Chatted this morning with the hospital dietitian, who is also working from home. She says my blood sugars are looking generally good.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Felt a tiny bit sorry for the new Five Guys burger joint ("The Willy Wonkas of Burger Craft") at Baker Street Station. It opened with a fanfare and then 4 days later had to close with the shut-down. I don't normally bother with coffee and snacks at stations, primarily because of the cost, the queues and the lack of time. But now that there aren't outlets, I miss them.
Found one Wenzel's bakery still open today though to serve the Baker Street rail staff and any key-workers passing through. Bacon roll and a latte meal-deal comes to £3.25 - I walked up to Marylebone station with it and found a table outside the closed Upper Crust snack emporium on the concourse. There is a smell coming from behind the shutters that is distinctly corpse-like - hope it's abandoned meat products and not forgotten Staff.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I went for a walk to pick beech buds, the new sprouted soft feathery ones

These are to make Noyeu, a Russian drink with vodka.

you steep themin the vodka for a few weeks, then strain and rebottle, adding sugar to taste.

It tastes like nothing familiar, but is quite an appealing flavour.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Drinking lots of coffee and listening to podcasts. I may also chop some firewood (the nights are getting cool here and we're 2000 ft above sea level), play some computer games and read some of the dozen or so paranormal/crypto/serial killer books I've recently bought.