What Have You Been Doing Today?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Didn't go into work yesterday (chest pains that started the day before), wasn't able to phone in sick because work aren't taking phone calls .. contacted four work colleagues on face book to ask them to pass my message on, only one was at work yesterday so I don't know if he passed my message on ..

I'm on a day off today anyway, back in tomorrow.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
PLanted some poppy, kale and dill seeds in the pots and raised gardens. Hope some of them take as I gathered them last year.
Jus as long as you're not gathering nuts in May...

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Didn't go into work yesterday (chest pains that started the day before), wasn't able to phone in sick because work aren't taking phone calls .. contacted four work colleagues on face book to ask them to pass my message on, only one was at work yesterday so I don't know if he passed my message on ..

I'm on a day off today anyway, back in tomorrow.
Swifty, i hope you are ok dear take care xxxx

I still have a cold, and i hate these hot flushes and all i am doing is reading a lot

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
Reaction score
10 o'clock this morning the fire alarms go off - the entire building evacuates (all 5 of us) and as I stand outside, the BOC truck turns up to fill my liquid nitrogen dewars. He gets blocked in by a reversing Highways Control tanker coming to empty the portacabin loo of the Council road construction crew. Both vehicles then get blocked in by the Fire Brigade tender (think they were bored) - Police patrolling on foot in sixes have a look but move on. Go back in after 30 mins to find out cause of alarm - pigeons have got into the building on the 3rd floor (how ? we're virtually locked down), setting off the sensors. So we call in pest control (they were in over the weekend laying rat traps) and they seal off the 3rd Floor. I don't know how they deal with pigeons, I know the buggers are immune to potassium cyanide so maybe they tried "lead poisoning".

Eyespy

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Took afternoon off and ventured into Bath to pay cheques into bank. Bank closed.

Went to Boots the chemist for toothpaste etc , was made to wait to be summoned into the hallowed spaces while gloved, masked female conversed with collegue. On finally being admitted was squirted with gel and subject ti interrogation about purpose of my visit- apparently " toothpaste and brush" was not a sufficient response. Told I could only pay at automated pay points down stairs ( 2 out of 3 not working!) and reminded several times about Social distancing before I was allowed to proceed,

Found some of what i wanted, no pharmacist available, struggled with auto pay machine, told off for swearing at auto pay machine. Was over charged by £3 for toothbrush. I will never go there again.

patronised and over charged, and I did not get what I wanted .

May never go to Bath again either.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Took afternoon off and ventured into Bath to pay cheques into bank. Bank closed.

Went to Boots the chemist for toothpaste etc , was made to wait to be summoned into the hallowed spaces while gloved, masked female conversed with collegue. On finally being admitted was squirted with gel and subject ti interrogation about purpose of my visit- apparently " toothpaste and brush" was not a sufficient response. Told I could only pay at automated pay points down stairs ( 2 out of 3 not working!) and reminded several times about Social distancing before I was allowed to proceed,

Found some of what i wanted, no pharmacist available, struggled with auto pay machine, told off for swearing at auto pay machine. Was over charged by £3 for toothbrush. I will never go there again.

May never go to Bath again either.
My youngest daughter manages a Boots, I phone my orders through. She’s a very good daughter!

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I'm alright mate, not even 50 yet .. a slightly dodgy ticker is all XX .. and still devastatingly handsome of course.
Not to mention a thorough and generous lover...
My youngest daughter manages a Boots, I phone my orders through. She’s a very good daughter!
She was brung up proper...

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Cleaning windows (no, I'm not Van Morrison) inside & out. No, it was not fun.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Had a large group of tomato seedlings come up in a pot so I separated some into other pots. Hope they survive.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Cleaning up sick and poo, no not mine, i managed to get it in the toilet, its the cats, i know who did the poo, i am unsure who did the trail of sick, and texting friend asking her to get me some complan and fruit, as i am being sick cause of this shite taste in back of throat, and i feel they are the only things that i can eat, then i am going to phone the chemist for my drugs

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
Reaction score

You forgot to mention Boots' policy of treating all male customers as either potential shoplifters, perverts or morons.
I buy toothpaste at local Supermarket, which is luckily big enough to have a Pharmacy.

Coypu

Um 121 The element of confusion.....298.17
Reaction score
Tending my new babies in the greenhouse, sadly some of the french bean seeds had rotted in the pots....over enthusiastic watering on my part.:reap:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Then who am I thinking of?
.. point to us on this ginger bread man where you were touched ..

agingerbreadman001.jpg

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
<Scrunch, scrunchy...>

Oh, you mean I was to have sex with that gingerbread man?

Sorry, not my fetish.

Anyhow. What did I do today? Well, I went shopping, first in Aldis to get our food, then in Sainsburys to get the exact food the cat likes, then to the filling station (look how little fuel I have used of late) and then the Garden centre to purchase something for the many garden birds...

...Now guess which bit cost the most money.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Trimmed the triffid like geranium along the driveway. Almost filled the bin so will wait till it settles before I tackle along the footpath.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Dancing a merry jig, as Escargot is gracing us with her presence again!

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Trying to muster the energy to go out for a bicycle ride, and failing.

maximus otter

tuco

Spitting in a wishing well
Reaction score
I broke quarantine earlier to help my friend Tim with his car, we are both on the extremely vulnerable list so we should cancel each other out, so to speak, and if we do actually cancel each other through covid-19 then at least we will be next to each other in the mass grave.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Went to work and did a full day of PCB testing. Not my usual stuff, but the old boy who normally does it is 70 and on the 'vulnerable' list - so I'm doing it. Keeping the wheels of industry turning.