What Have You Been Doing Today?

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
I went to the gym today for the first time since mid-March. It re-opened a few days ago. Appointments must be booked, workouts are limited to one hour and the showers are off limits, as are the water coolers. Even with those restrictions, it was good to get back into the routine. I've been walking around the neighourhood during lockdown but from the perspective of cardiovascular fitness that experience pales in comparison with a brisk walk on a treadmill, at least for me. Perhaps I'm just a lazy arse who need a piece of equipment to keep me on my toes.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I went to the gym today for the first time since mid-March. It re-opened a few days ago. Appointments must be booked, workouts are limited to one hour and the showers are off limits, as are the water coolers. Even with those restrictions, it was good to get back into the routine. I've been walking around the neighourhood during lockdown but from the perspective of cardiovascular fitness that experience pales in comparison with a brisk walk on a treadmill, at least for me. Perhaps I'm just a lazy arse who need a piece of equipment to keep me on my toes.
Funnily enough, with the gyms open and the rain hacking down, we saw an usually higher number of joggers doing laps of the nature reserve when we walked the dogs this morning.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Someone gave me some jogging pants. While they fitted both Techy and me we need shorts at the moment so I expertly cut them down and hemmed them. So now Techy and I can show off our shapely legs.

My new shorts are pedal-pusher length and Techy's are more a footer bags style. Glamorous or what!

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Travelling to Sydney to stay for a couple of nights to visit showrooms of various suppliers tomorrow.
Usually my wife and I would be travelling to Melbourne at this time for 3 trade fairs but all have been cancelled due to Covid and we can't cross the border into Victoria.

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Back from a little fishing trip. Using a new fishing rod, somehow 2 of the 3 sections came loose on one of my casts. Luckily it didn't cut the line and I was able to retrieve everything :rollingw:

Rushfan62

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I've been trying to shift the tape that had been stuck on the hall floor to aid with social distancing, one piece in particular took me an hour to get up. The rest was easier. Now on to buffing and polishing.....

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Back to smeggin work after a week and a bit off.
It was a struggle to get out of the scratcher this morning.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Back to smeggin work after a week and a bit off.
It was a struggle to get out of the scratcher this morning.
Did you brush your wash your boat, brush your Hampsteads, comb your Barnet, and put on your whistle? :lolling:

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Did you brush your wash your boat, brush your Hampsteads, comb your Barnet, and put on your whistle? :lolling:
COVID kilos mean I no longer fit in a whistle. And after doing all the above I was ready for bed again!

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Grocery shopping (muttering darkly about people not keeping to the left), eating sweet and sour pork. Realising that I hadn't spent the entire night awake, rather that I had dozed on and off due to feeling over blanketed or under blanketed whilst in bed...

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Spending money buying stock for our shop to last through until Christmas.
Drinking cocktails.
Eating room service Club sandwiches.
Tried to buy a chunk of the fireplace from 10500 Cielo Drive (the Sharon Tate murder house) only to find they don't ship internationally.
Watching Batchelor in Paradise (don't ask me why the fuck this is so).

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Spending money buying stock for our shop to last through until Christmas.
Drinking cocktails.
Eating room service Club sandwiches.

Tried to buy a chunk of the fireplace from 10500 Cielo Drive (the Sharon Tate murder house) only to find they don't ship internationally.
Watching Batchelor in Paradise (don't ask me why the fuck this is so).
So, your day has looked like this...
DoDwzDQXkAI2_Ft.jpg

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Today is my 3rd day back at work after my health issues and resultant surgery earlier in the year. Two days last week. Three days this week and next, then five short days for two weeks following.

With half the staff still on furlough until the end of the month we're re-arranging the workbenches in the workshop to give better spacing, and later in the week we'll be getting transparent screening fitted to them, too, so that we have a better spaced, safer for the Covid situation workplace when everyone comes back in at the start of August.

I can't do any heavy lifting or the like as (abdominal muscles still recovering), so I have largely been organising, directing and sweeping up after everyone, but after about 3 hours of that I'm shattered. So now I'm sitting doing some manual assembly work instead.

Gonna be a while before I'm anything like I was before all this, but its good to be back at work!
Me and the Mrs and been hitting the mean streets of Cromer delivering a free magazine door to door for extra cash .. in the ghetto where life is cheap ..

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
This looks like a traumatic scene from my childhood when fondue parties were an actual thing AND a weekly occurrence. I had an aversion to cheese at a young age after being force fed Kraft Cheese Sticks by my wicked next door neighbour. Twice a week I had to go there and wait until one of my family members arrived home. Mrs Marshall (my neighbour) was big on cheese.
Incidentally, I have since overcome my dislike of the stuff and greedily wolf it down these days.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
This looks like a traumatic scene from my childhood when fondue parties were an actual thing AND a weekly occurrence. I had an aversion to cheese at a young age after being force fed Kraft Cheese Sticks by my wicked next door neighbour. Twice a week I had to go there and wait until one of my family members arrived home. Mrs Marshall (my neighbour) was big on cheese.
Incidentally, I have since overcome my dislike of the stuff and greedily wolf it down these days.
It's both a fondue party and a key party. Just don't ask how I know this...

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
You didn't chuck your keys into a boiling fondue by mistake and then fish them out leaving you with permanent scars but a great story to tell did you?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
It's MOT day tomorrow so I've spent a while tidying the banger. Found a huge array of clobber I'd forgotten was in there, like about a hundred folding seats and fifty different types of portable hand sanitiser.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It's MOT day tomorrow so I've spent a while tidying the banger. Found a huge array of clobber I'd forgotten was in there, like about a hundred folding seats and fifty different types of portable hand sanitiser.
Good luck. I think waiting for the end of an MOT is a bit like pacing up and down outside the delivery room in a maternity ward. Both scenarios used to fill me with worry.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Basic housework - clothes through the washing machine, cleaned the laundry and bathroom, made cauliflower soup. Rummaging through the DVD collection to see what cheesy fifties B movie I want to watch later on...

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just in from chopping firewood. It's bloody cold here.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Got off to a great start, having filled the banger with rubbish last night ready for a tip run.

So I'm now waiting outside as it opens at 08:30 and not 08:as I'd thought. Durr.

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
We are sat in our guest room at Arnside. A cheeky overnight stay. We are sat in our bay window watching the tide sweeping up the eastuary. Its really quick when you watch it.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Ice cream at Ivinghoe Beacon, been a long time since I last saw the white lion (zoomed in) at Whipsnade.

Whipsnade_01a.JPG Whipsnade_01b.JPG
Whipsnade_01c.JPG Whipsnade_01d.JPG

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Working too much.

Further to some stuff I've talked about the terrible lot in life of Hong Kong maids: I was tutoring today and reached for the notebook I use with the student, instead picked up the notebook in which the maid is forced to write lines as a punishment. 1000 times, numbered: 'i will not violate ma'am's orders'. :(.
Whose notebook was that?

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Some moderately painful dental work.

You may recall I posted about breaking a tooth just a couple of weeks after lockdown started.
Well I received the email saying that my dentist had reopened a couple of weeks ago and finally decided that I couldn't put it off any longer.
He's a great dentist and told me straight that the break went below the gum level and he had to use a sort of screw/clamp thing to expose the break/cavity.
I was around 35 minutes in the chair (a bit less less than my recent tattoo) and did wince a bit at times.
The feeling though when your dentist tells you "That's all done and everything else looks fine, so don't need to see you for another 6 months" is quite wonderful!