What Have You Been Doing Today?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Usually you get more letters but I lost one. Digital Content Manager has become Digital Manager.

Lost a word but gained a pay grade son.
The next pay grade up from that is just 'Digital'.

Who me

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Morning peeps couldn’t sleep so was up/awake about 3am so gessoed the painting board’s the offspring had bought me .started sketches for the painting I plan on doing so quite productive really a good start to the day I reckon.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Out on the stalking permission again before sunrise. Don't worry, those of you who get their meat from supermarkets in order to avoid animals having to die - :rofl: - I didn't bag a deer.

It felt far colder than the indicated temperature on the weather site.

The stalk in was completely uneventful in terms of quarry, though wildlife was having fun everywhere. I had a red kite orbiting in lazy circles less than 100' over my head; a blackbird serenading me from a hedge covered in a blizzard of may blossom; two hares playing "Chase My Bum!" with each other ran past me, and a heron swooped low overhead, giving me time to test my range-finding binoculars on him: 131 yards away.

On the walk back to the car, my blood was warmed by the sight of three roe deer bounding away across afield about 600 yards away. The bins suggested that the leading two were does; the follower a young buck. Game on!

From experience, I knew that they had picked up my scent as I was on the return journey with the wind behind me. They would probably head for a neck of oak woodland half a mile ahead; then cut in behind it out of my sight, enter the dense undergrowth, and be lost to me. I formulated a plan to intercept them: If I walked diagonally to my left across a broad, ploughed field, I could enter the woods ahead of them and with my scent plume ahead of them, too. Off I went...

I lost sight of the roe for several minutes, but arrived at the wire bordering the woods. Seeking a place to cross the wire safely, while leaving my hope of offspring intact (!), I patrolled quietly down the wire to a low spot, where I paused in order to cross. Twenty-five yards from a bloody muntjac doe just inside the woods...

I had no way of photographing the encounter, but my pals at Industrial Light & Magic knocked me out this hyper-accurate version of the encounter:

I looked at her. She looked back at me. I looked at her and thought, "I might just have time to get my rifle to my shoulder...", then:

Bastard!

Looking for a consolation prize, I tried to tiptoe silently through the narrow spit of old oak wood to meet my initial prey - the roe - on the far side. Ever tried to tiptoe across 25 yards of cornflakes? Decades of old leaves and dry twigs littered the ground...

After several minutes of that, followed by having to negotiate the muddy ditch on the far side, the roe were nowhere to be seen. To be accurate, they were probably about a mile away, laughing themselves incontinent at my antics.

Ah well: my worst day shooting was better than my best day at work.

maximus otter

Last edited:

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Looking up this number 01274647318 its in Bradford, that just called me saying they are customs and excise and if i do not answer they will arrest me, WTF, so i answered and a foreign gentletwat said how can i help you and i replied you called me and threatened to arrest me, he said can i have your name, i just said uhhh and hung up, seriously, what could they posssibly gain, aint getting my meagre money mister

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Looking up this number 01274647318 its in Bradford, that just called me saying they are customs and excise and if i do not answer they will arrest me, WTF, so i answered and a foreign gentletwat said how can i help you and i replied you called me and threatened to arrest me, he said can i have your name, i just said uhhh and hung up, seriously, what could they posssibly gain, aint getting my meagre money mister
Ive had a few of those calls, as i said previously, i tell them to send the police around and ill deal with them, it shuts them up :p

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

Who Called Me is good for that.
My mobiles are now set to only receive calls and messages from known numbers. I get huge lists of the spam they've caught without bothering me.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Ive had a few of those calls, as i said previously, i tell them to send the police around and ill deal with them, it shuts them up :p
Oooo I will say that next time, thanks :D
Who Called Me is good for that.
My mobiles are now set to only receive calls and messages from known numbers. I get huge lists of the spam they've caught without bothering me.
I did go on there and I left a review, thank you :D

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
...just called me saying they are customs and excise and if i do not answer they will arrest me, WTF, so i answered and a foreign gentletwat said how can i help you and i replied...
"God's blessing on you! I am the widow of the late President of Nigeria, Umaru Yar'Adua, and I need your help to recover $647,000,000 worth of gold held in the vaults of the Presidential Palace. Simply send me your bank account details, username and password, and I will reward you 10%!"

maximus otter

Who me

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Hurray skargy is back hope you’re feeling a lot better.
We are getting calls from Amazon now saying we have spent 399 pounds on summat can we contact this number etc to sort it out.Pillocks.Had all the other ones.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Phone/PC scams - there are entire websites and YouTube channels run by people devoted to harassing the scammers right back. :yellowc:

One films himself doing it in an 'old lady' persona, wearing a white wig and using a voice changer.
When I showed Techy (senior IT technician or summat) this bloke's videos he was full of delight and admiration. :chuckle:

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Phone/PC scams - there are entire websites and YouTube channels run by people devoted to harassing the scammers right back. :yellowc:

One films himself doing it in an 'old lady' persona, wearing a white wig and using a voice changer.
When I showed Techy (senior IT technician or summat) this bloke's videos he was full of delight and admiration. :chuckle:
Good to see you back :)

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I have been refurbishing some old outdoor furniture today at moms, stripped down the table, sanded, repaired and gave it a good coat of teak oil, 2 chaurs can wait til another day, going to hopefully sell them when they are done.

IMG-20210409-WA0000.png
Screenshot_20210409-152959.png
Screenshot_20210409-153029.png
20210409_152318.png

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score