What Have You Been Doing Today?

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Correcting an error on an eBay listing I'd made (pointed out by somebody); packing a pair of cycling bib tights I sold on eBay for... £130! They were unworn and in their box with the owner's manual and mesh wash bag; taking a box of stuff to a charity shop: books (one rare/collectable), DVDs, a couple of 1930s wooden jigsaws, four silver 3d pieces from as early as 1916, some foreign coins, pen set etc. Cooking homemade chicken soup for lunch...

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I visited 'the dump' (household waste site but now apparently renamed the 'household recycling centre') in St Albans.
I took some 'hard plastics' which I tried to put in the 'hard plastics' container, but a polish member of staff shouted 'non-recyclables' at me and slammed the gates shut on the 'hard plastics' steps.
Plus I took some other bits and pieces.
But here's the strange thing.
I always check their 'queue cam' before setting off as otherwise it could be a very long wait, or even a wasted journey.
Usually there is a big queue which disappears beyond the range of the camera, so I wait until it goes down a bit, but today when I checked the camera.....no queue whatsoever!
So I quickly whipped over there and found it almost deserted, maybe 3 cars, which felt very odd.
I spoke to another 'service user' there (a grey haired old woman) and she said this was her second trip today and she couldn't understand why it was so quiet when this morning when she went there, there was a long queue all the way out the gates and down the road.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I visited 'the dump' (household waste site but now apparently renamed the 'household recycling centre') in St Albans.
I took some 'hard plastics' which I tried to put in the 'hard plastics' container, but a polish member of staff shouted 'non-recyclables' at me and slammed the gates shut on the 'hard plastics' steps.
Plus I took some other bits and pieces.
But here's the strange thing.
I always check their 'queue cam' before setting off as otherwise it could be a very long wait, or even a wasted journey.
Usually there is a big queue which disappears beyond the range of the camera, so I wait until it goes down a bit, but today when I checked the camera.....no queue whatsoever!
So I quickly whipped over there and found it almost deserted, maybe 3 cars, which felt very odd.
I spoke to another 'service user' there (a grey haired old woman) and she said this was her second trip today and she couldn't understand why it was so quiet when this morning when she went there, there was a long queue all the way out the gates and down the road.
Ww still have to book appointments for the recycling centre here

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Appointments?
That's a whole new level of f***ed up.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Finished painting the toy box now having a rather sharp bottle of rhubarb cider

20210419_131042.png
20210419_145345 (2).png
20210419_152814.png
20210419_153014.png

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Trying, and failing, to speak to a human being at our local surgery.

Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.

Cycled to the gym for an hour’s weight training.

Collapsed.

Next event: dinner!

maximus otter

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Got a text from my Health Centre "Unfortunately we are having major issues with our clinical computer system. This is a national problem with similar reports from across the country. It is making it very difficult for us to make appointments or do anything that requires access to your medical records including prescriptions. Our IT provider is aware etc etc.."
In other news - I had a haircut, that's a weight off my mind.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
I was just thinking today I could do with another box. I would use it as a bench for the table and have room to store some crafting stuff. Now if only you'd done a patchwork quilt pattern and not put 'toys' all over it I could have hot footed it over to e-bay and bought it off you @Souleater.

Today I was having a bit of a sort out and came across a book about East Anglian Forests published in 1971 and as I've been following 'The Rendlesham Forest Incident' thread had a quick flick through and found a photo of it being planted in 1921, one of how it was looking in 1936, then the first thinnings in the fifties and then in all it's spendour in 1971. It was strangely satisfying to find it depicted after having read so much about it on here. I was looking at the men in the photos and thinking 'you have no idea just how famous your forest is going to become' :)

Sollywos x

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Waiting for a parcel. It should not be a job you devote yourself to but I did, reluctant to climb the ladder I could have been up.

Anyway, it was a bit dull and chilly.

Parcel came at 5.50 pm. A delightful present! Word has come that another is coming tomorrow - that's today, now!

How exhausting this is! If parcels could only be guaranteed to keep on coming, like this, I could do nothing at all but wait! :rolleyes:

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned in the past about my activities with the Incorporated Trades of Edinburgh. Today I was made Deacon of the Candlemakers, a 500+ year old organisation now involved in the ceremonial, civic and charity work of the city rather than actually making candles (although we try to do that as well).

V. Proud.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned in the past about my activities with the Incorporated Trades of Edinburgh. Today I was made Deacon of the Candlemakers, a 500+ year old organisation now involved in the ceremonial, civic and charity work of the city rather than actually making candles (although we try to do that as well).

V. Proud.
Congratulations

images.jpeg

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score

V. Proud.

1619263032842.png