What Have You Been Doing Today?

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Did a load of washing (the washing machine hasn't leaked since my last update), number 2 son came with his partner to pick up his birthday present, walked dog, and number 2 daughter (this is age order, nothing to do with their favouritism in my eyes) called from Oz to show me around her new apartment. Made a banana cake for a friend I'm seeing tomorrow, chatted to daughers numbers 1 and 3 on Messenger about gardening, now it's time to walk the dog again.

This is one of my busier Sundays.

Timble2

Imaginary Person
Reaction score
Voice tracked some stuff for the community radio, data extraction from Brazilian medical databases (part of the daytime job), tried to take a new profile picture for various websites that wasn't too scary....

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Getting my stuff ready for the morning operation left kidney going to be removed and tube!!.
Not looking forward to it at all

I can imagine how you are feeling. Wishing you well for the op and a speedy recovery!

Sollywos x

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
@Who me best of luck with your surgery. Hoping that you have a speedy recovery.

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I removed all the old grout from my uncles crazy paving and replaced it with fresh grout, and got sunburned in the process lol then i.had a shower and slipped over, think i may have broken my toe lol

20210427_160220.png
20210427_185719.png

Last edited:

Trevp666

Reaction score
Yeah a nice shower is lovely until you kick the wall.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Nothing for the first three hours and then 3 buttons, 3 bits of old lead, 2 bullets and a 1920 halfpenny in the same clod. Desperate to go out again.
Seriously wishing you the best for tomorrow mate.
Get it on eBay and I reckon you'll be able to retire on that, or make somewhere in the region of £1.27! Okay, perhaps not quite retirement...

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Listening to Nina Cherry who's still hanging in a buffalo stance :cool: .. and pretending along with a homeless woman that her 'Son' had indeed lost his credit card so I could turn a blind eye to her going through the hidden large bins we use to throw out food. I would have made her something if she'd asked me to but I didn't want to embarrass her so I just went along with it . She left with 5 bags full .. :( .. if I see her again and she choses to open up to me, I'll tell her about the local food bank and the 'Cromer Cares' scheme. But until then? ..

Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Listening to Nina Cherry who's still hanging in a buffalo stance :cool: .. and pretending along with a homeless woman that her 'Son' had indeed lost his credit card so I could turn a blind eye to her going through the hidden large bins we use to throw out food. I would have made her something if she'd asked me to but I didn't want to embarrass her so I just went along with it . She left with 5 bags full .. :( .. if I see her again and she choses to open up to me, I'll tell her about the local food bank and the 'Cromer Cares' scheme. But until then ..

Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance (Official Music Video) - YouTube
Wait... are you saying that Neneh Cherry is now homeless and hanging around Cromer?

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Getting my stuff ready for the morning operation left kidney going to be removed and tube!!.
Not looking forward to it at all
Best wishes from Tigerhawk and myself.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Today I have been for walk around 'Panshanger Park' with a friend.
We remarked that it would be the ideal location for doing some filming as it has a number of different types of area within it.
Open grassland and fields, forested parts, rivers, lakes, etc etc.
It was once used for quarrying by 'Tarmac' so there are a number of specially constructed access roads to the lakes (which used to be the quarries).
Nearby is what used to be Panshanger Airfield which was used in WW2 as a decoy airfield for Hatfield and a training place, but is now earmarked for residential development.
https://panshangerpark.tarmac.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panshanger_Aerodrome

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Hope you are on the mend @Who me

Today I have mostly been trying to tire out the dog. We've done a circular walk mostly off the lead, but she's WILD! Needs another five or six miles, but I've had a shocking week at work and I'm knackered so, on my day off, it's just walking, sleeping and eating. She will have to make do with another couple of miles later, now I am going to eat cheese puffs.