• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

What Have You Been Doing Today?

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I got up.

Listened to an MMA podcast over breakfast.

Listend to a sermon whilst driving to work.

Dealt with wrong uns.

Listened to the "Our Strange Skies" podcast driving from work.

Ate.

Watched "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" with little Miss.

Read her some Roald Dahl as a bedtime story.

Lifted some weights.

Played Marvel Strike Force on my phone.

And now am here. Very nice it is too. Thank you for your company.

:)

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I think Marks and Spencer's legal bods have a better case with Aldi's barefaced take-off of M&S's Colin the Caterpillar cake/Aldi's Cuthbert the Caterpillar, which deserve a place in the lookalikes thread!

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...rt-over-colin-the-caterpillar-look-alike-cake
Now, a deep fried Colin!

Colin the deep fried caterpillar cake
IMAGE COPYRIGHT EAST KILBRIDE EATS
image caption Not quite a butterfly: Colin the deep fried caterpillar cake

Britain's most famous birthday cake has been given the full Scottish chippy treatment.

The concept of the deep fried chocolate bar was taken to a new level when a full Colin the Caterpillar cake was battered and dropped into the deep fat fryer in a Lanarkshire chip shop. The deep-fried Colin stunned customers on Friday as he posed on the hot plate. The culinary experiment follows a legal row between M&S and Aldi over use of the caterpillar cake idea.

Ricky Brandon, who owns Emanuel's chip shop in East Kilbride was asked to batter the cake by local food delivery app East Kilbride Eats after the cake hit the headlines.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-56955873

Themis

At the library. Probably. Hopefully.
Reaction score
Footnotes... so many footnotes... :pop:

I love these little smiley fellas! One for every occasion.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Well I was going to post on the "what have you been doing the last five minutes?" thread, but I had to reboot my computer, make a cup of coffee, etc. Long story short, it wasn't just 5 minutes ago:). I made a small macrame hanger for my string of hearts (followed a plantuber who had simple instructions) and hung the plant in my window. I got two 3.5 inch pots in February and once they settled, I potted both into a 5 inch pot. The plants have been sitting in the window the whole time and the other day, I noticed that they are flowering. I had the jute string just for that intent and once I saw that the plant is very happy, I got off my butt and made a hanger for it.

BTW I just made my two plants which cost me $18.00 into a $25.00 plant just by up potting lol.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Still waiting for a delivery that Amazon promised would be here today. Amazon invited me to login and track the parcel, then say they have no tracking information and I need to contact the delivery company. I click on the link which takes me to a list of couriers, but the courier with my package isn't on it.

Who me

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone back home from hospital after kidney operation.managed to get an infection whilst in the hospital so stayed in longer than normal recovery.many thanks to all the nurses staff doctors cleaners and the porters etc you are all brilliant. St James hospital leeds

Stillill

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Laying a carpet,putting up some garden fencing,started the digging for driveway base and put up some shelves. Definitely not my idea of what you should be doing on a Bank Holiday.
I was actually pleased when it started raining so I could stop working.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone back home from hospital after kidney operation.managed to get an infection whilst in the hospital so stayed in longer than normal recovery.many thanks to all the nurses staff doctors cleaners and the porters etc you are all brilliant. St James hospital leeds
Good to see you back and glad you are ok :)

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Glad you are back with us!
If it was one of those big 'for sharing' packs I hoped you saved some for me!

Sollywos x
I always think 'Sharing Pack' is more of a serving suggestion...

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
I'm glad you had such good care and I hope your recovery continues to go well! :)

Sollywos x

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been putting together a new desk having broken my previous one. Smaller than the previosu one which does mean I can access my books more easily. Although there is a part of me that feels Imay take it apart adn put it back together as a mirror image of itself. I will try it in its current configuration and see how I get on with it.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Today I have mostly been trying to tire out the dog. We've done a circular walk mostly off the lead, but she's WILD! Needs another five or six miles, but I've had a shocking week at work and I'm knackered so, on my day off, it's just walking, sleeping and eating. She will have to make do with another couple of miles later, now I am going to eat cheese puffs.
I can see you doing that...
5241f818076b2a524bf37e56ee924f08.jpg

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Snackrite cheese puffs from Aldi's are doing the business for me :) My son got some for me at the w/e and I hadn't even put them on the list! You must have planted such a strong image in my mind that I inadvertently thought transferred it to him! Not that I'm complaining of course.

Sollywos x

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Trying to sort out my employment status - freelance or payroll (chances are I'll end up as a bit of both, which isn't ideal); taking stuff to the post office I flogged on eBay; doing 1930s wooden jigsaw puzzles to see if all the pieces are there before flogging them on eBay; eating quiche and salad for lunch. My life is complete!

(And I snuck in a bag of frazzles. Yum, yum! Though our present snack of choice in the Cycleboy household is Giant Wotsits. They're nice but I can't eat too many at once, which is a good thing. Peanuts I can eat by the kilo without taking breath...)

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Being a bit cheerier for a change because the parcel I thought was lost in the post turned up today. Not as big a win as surviving a stay in hospital, especially these days, so kudos you @Who me and anyone else who's been ill and recovered.