• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

What Have You Been Doing Today?

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Not a good day at Work - then tapped out at Baker Street Tube exit gate with my debit card instead of my £5,000 a year Chiltern Railway smart card. So TFL took £8.60 contactless payment off me. My train at Marylebone was cancelled, as was the next and the next (signal failure at Neasden). Why does just the mention of Neasden make me laugh ?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Bullshitted 5 yuppies who decided to come into work 10 minutes before my closing time. " I'm so sorry but I've just had a large internet order come through so I won't be able to make you anything to eat this evening. I do apologise.". It takes a LOT longer than ten minutes to make food for five yuppies .. I hadn't had an internet order, I wanted to go home on time for a change instead so I bullshitted them, they'd had all day ffs plus I didn't like the look of them anyway. They were predictably ungracious dicks.

Last edited:

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Question: how do Cheetos compare with Wotsits?
Only tried Wotsits and last time was years ago at an Owl and Otter Sanctuary in Devon. Brother-in-law was nonchalantly leaning against a sign saying 'DO NOT feed the animals' whilst eating a bag of cheesy Wotsits. Cue large male Otter standing guard with orange mouth and whiskers. Subtle.

Swifty

Reaction score
Only tried Wotsits and last time was years ago at an Owl and Otter Sanctuary in Devon. Brother-in-law was nonchalantly leaning against a sign saying 'DO NOT feed the animals' whilst eating a bag of cheesy Wotsits. Cue large male Otter standing guard with orange mouth and whiskers. Subtle.
Wotsits have brought out sizzling steak Wotsits. I'm looking at a multi pack of them as I write and they're very nice. The Mrs had been craving Cartman cheesy pooofs but sizling steak was all LIDLS had. They're worthy IMO.

Swifty

Reaction score
Somewhere there are 5 yuppies telling their acquaintances that they were refused service by a 'particularly egregious commoner' I expect, lol.
I hope so :).

A restaurant I used to manage used to get a group of 4 extremely wealthy investment bankers turn up at our closing time every Wednesday night (our deadest night of the week). Their bill would always be over three hundred quid so the restaurant owner tolerated this and these people knew it. They were vile and had even been barred from other local places for being rude to staff so I had to be their host ffs. Think The Bullingdon Club.

An average night would see them buy our most expensive alcohol like bottles of Barrolo at £58 per bottle .. all the most expensive stuff we sold in fact. They'd be swearing loudly, being rude to me etc .. I'd get rid of them after midnight when they'd make a show of putting their phones on the table and then asking me to call them a taxi. When the taxi would arrive? .... they'd order another round of drinks and make the poor bastard wait on purpose. I used to go outside and tell the drivers what massive cocks they were so the drivers would start the clock. One of them even walked up to my bar one night (just me there) and said "I bet you really hate us because you want to go home" with a grin on his face .. I replied "Not at all Sir. I'm now getting paid overtime!" with a smile .. that was a lie because I was salary but he didn't know that and he looked deflated. Never let them grind you down. The chefs hated them as well because they started at 10am and sometimes didn't get a break so I can only imagine what they did to these people's food. I never asked.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Bullshitted 5 yuppies who decided to come into work 10 minutes before my closing time. " I'm so sorry but I've just had a large internet order come through so I won't be able to make you anything to eat this evening. I do apologise.". It takes a LOT longer than ten minutes to make food for five yuppies .. I hadn't had an internet order, I wanted to go home on time for a change instead so I bullshitted them, they'd had all day ffs plus I didn't like the look of them anyway. They were predictably ungracious dicks.
I don't like the look of them, either...
monster_mash-2.jpg

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I hope so :).

A restaurant I used to manage used to get a group of 4 extremely wealthy investment bankers turn up at our closing time every Wednesday night (our deadest night of the week). Their bill would always be over three hundred quid so the restaurant owner tolerated this and these people knew it. They were vile and had even been barred from other local places for being rude to staff so I had to be their host ffs. Think The Bullingdon Club.

An average night would see them buy our most expensive alcohol like bottles of Barrolo at £58 per bottle .. all the most expensive stuff we sold in fact. They'd be swearing loudly, being rude to me etc .. I'd get rid of them after midnight when they'd make a show of putting their phones on the table and then asking me to call them a taxi. When the taxi would arrive? .... they'd order another round of drinks and make the poor bastard wait on purpose. I used to go outside and tell the drivers what massive cocks they were so the drivers would start the clock. One of them even walked up to my bar one night (just me there) and said "I bet you really hate us because you want to go home" with a grin on his face .. I replied "Not at all Sir. I'm now getting paid overtime!" with a smile .. that was a lie because I was salary but he didn't know that and he looked deflated. Never let them grind you down. The chefs hated them as well because they started at 10am and sometimes didn't get a break so I can only imagine what they did to these people's food. I never asked.
Investment bankers - cockney rhyming slang?

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Co Op cheese puffs seem to have more of a savoury 'cheesy' taste, compared to the Giant Wotsits that I had yesterday (purely for the purposes of comparison, you understand). Wotsits tasted 'flavoured' but not necessarily cheese flavoured.

Only drawback with our Co Op puffs is that (in common with the bacon fries and the onion rings) every fifth packet seems to have less flavour in.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Co Op cheese puffs seem to have more of a savoury 'cheesy' taste, compared to the Giant Wotsits that I had yesterday (purely for the purposes of comparison, you understand). Wotsits tasted 'flavoured' but not necessarily cheese flavoured.

Only drawback with our Co Op puffs is that (in common with the bacon fries and the onion rings) every fifth packet seems to have less flavour in.
But did you have to try them like this?
41a8103eea13d1e662198cf97da29305.jpg

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I never buy crisps, chocolate, sweets, savoury snacks etc etc etc.
However, when shopping a couple of days ago, the McCoys 6 packs were on special offer, so I thought 'why not'.
I bought a Cheese and Onion x6 and a Flame Grilled Steak x6.
Now I should know by now that, upon eating an at any time previously enjoyed product, which states 'new improved flavour' (or similar) we should expect it to be NOT improved.
Such is the case with the Cheese and Onion variety.
That is apparently a 'new improved flavour' but the proof of the pudding etc.
They appear to have 'improved' it by removing most of the actual flavour.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
An average night would see them buy our most expensive alcohol like bottles of Barrolo at £58 per bottle .. all the most expensive stuff we sold in fact.
We want the finest wines available to humanity! We want them here and we want them now!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Yes .. but they were fatter and less likeable apart from the one who looked a bit like Jeremy Paxon .. he was unlikable as well but he looked like Jeremy Paxon.
Do you mean Jeremy "PCU" Piven?