What Have You Been Doing Today?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Had the camera down the throat malarkey this morning. It went via my nose and had a good rummage around the old gullet.

Took about two minutes and found no abnormalities.
Not looking forward to the bill though.*

Seems I have a reflux problem, common at my age, and all I have to do is take some meds and cut down on alcohol, fizzy drinks, strong coffee and tea and spicy food and take care not to eat for 2 hours before bedtime.

I can easily manage all this. ;)

*Oh yeah, it's all paid for out of my taxes. :cool:

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Had the camera down the throat malarkey this morning. It went via my nose and had a good rummage around the old gullet.

Took about two minutes and found no abnormalities.
Not looking forward to the bill though.*

Seems I have a reflux problem, common at my age, and all I have to do is take some meds and cut down on alcohol, fizzy drinks, strong coffee and tea and spicy food and take care not to eat for 2 hours before bedtime.

I can easily manage all this. ;)

*Oh yeah, it's all paid for out of my taxes. :cool:
Ive suffered with a hiatus hernia for years which causes reflux, this is easily treated with gastro-supressants, i take one a day and have no issues with any food or drink now :)

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Ive suffered with a hiatus hernia for years which causes reflux, this is easily treated with gastro-supressants, i take one a day and have no issues with any food or drink now :)

Brilliant, thank you! :)
Techy reckons once you start on those you're stuck with them forever. Can't see a problem there.

He was also disgruntled to hear that the doctor hadn't advised me to lose weight as he's always told that. :chuckle:

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
cut down on alcohol
Sounds like a terrible thing for the doctor to tell you to do!

Thing is though is that pretty much every doctor will tell every patient to 'cut down on alcohol', even if you only have a glass of 'Bucks Fizz' at Christmas.

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score

Brilliant, thank you! :)
Techy reckons once you start on those you're stuck with them forever. Can't see a problem there.

He was also disgruntled to hear that the doctor hadn't advised me to lose weight as he's always told that. :chuckle:
Maybe, i have to take them for life but i get a 2 month prescription so its not too expensive on the prescription charges

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Sounds like a terrible thing for the doctor to tell you to do!

Thing is though is that pretty much every doctor will tell every patient to 'cut down on alcohol', even if you only have a glass of 'Bucks Fizz' at Christmas.
So true.

I did one of those 'Are you an alcoholic?' quizzes a few years ago on a reputable health-themed site.

Whatever answers I gave short of indicating lifelong teetotalism invoked a bollocking for drinking too much.

One G'n'T a week - 'Keep an eye on your consumption! Make a note of how many units you drink!'

Doesn't inspire confidence

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
No, not since Daddy (a Christmas and Birthdays drinker) is on the red on the advice of his Heart doctor...

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Indeed.

And 'Make a note of how many units you drink'......? I'd be writing a book.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Finished First Aid at Work Requalification (2 days) - got home 10 mins earlier than usual, which was five mins before the monsoon rains.
Early bed as I've got to sort out the mess at Work tomorrow.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Picked up a parcel from the post office. Which, according to the tracking number, had beeb sitting at Mascot for two weeks before being delivered, not to my house, but the local post office, even though it was small enough for it to be delivered to my front door...

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
I'm getting a new electricity meter on Friday so I spent most of the day clearing out the cupboard where the meter is. Chucked out loads of boxes and had a little voice going through my head saying "Oh that's good cardboard... that might come in handy."

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I'm getting a new electricity meter on Friday so I spent most of the day clearing out the cupboard where the meter is. Chucked out loads of boxes and had a little voice going through my head saying "Oh that's good cardboard... that might come in handy."
I too love cardboard. It's great for packing, crafts, rolling up into a tube and shouting at people down, hours of fun.

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
My smart meter is the size of my phone, plugs into a wall socket and sits on my hall table next to the house phone.
Come to think of it, am i paying to power my smart meter...hey!

Stillill

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Laying a carpet and sorting through boxes of O gauge model railway items that somebody wants we to sell on eBay for them.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
Working at home from 9 till 6. Just like I’ve been doing more, not less, for the last 422 days.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Emailing bike companies to get bikes in for review; being commissioned for five days of sub-editing (woohoo!) because I did it so well last time; playing football for an hour and not feeling as if I couldn't move afterwards – which wasn't the case when I started playing again about a month ago. And we had the male roe deer in our garden for the first time in a long, long time, which was nice.

Life is good.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My smart meter is the size of my phone, plugs into a wall socket and sits on my hall table next to the house phone.
Come to think of it, am i paying to power my smart meter...hey!
Make sure you clear out all the cardboard!

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
I too love cardboard. It's great for packing, crafts, rolling up into a tube and shouting at people down, hours of fun.
tumblr_midntvCmke1rrndj1o1_500.gif

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Got chucked off the morning train because the Front Unit developed a fuel leak - there was diesel pouring out as I walked passed it. So first two carriages were shunted off into a sidings and we re-boarded the remaining three carriages - snug fit.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Went to lunch with a friend to a place we hadn't been to for awhile.
You now have to have the Vic govt ap and to get that you need an Apple Id and I couldn't remember mine so I had to sign in on their computer.
It's changed hands and there's not a lot on the menu now so we chose the hamburgers.
The bits around were nice but the burger was about 2 cm and not really cooked so we just had a nibble at that.
We had wanted to go to a nice Chinese one but that was closed on Tuesdays we were told, just the pokies open there.