What Have You Been Doing Today?

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I’ve been stuck in a side room in Chelmsford hospital since Wednesday so I’ve been doing Jack Sh*t. If I can’t do it on a phone or iPad it cannot be done.

Bit of excitement last night when they transferred me from a side room on one ward to a side room on another ward and it kicked off in A&E and the car park outside. Porters and security running towards A&E, one pushing a trolley/bed so someone was down.

What wasn’t so exciting was grandson No3 was in A&E having a head wound glued after he fell yesterday. Being so young he got taken for treatment early and missed the violence. When I learnt he was there I asked to visit him and was sternly told to get back in my room.

Another couple of days likely before I’m home, but following last nights move I can now nominate one person, Mrs T63, to visit me. Same visitor each day and they can only do one of the visiting times not both. And they have to be booked in.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this @Tempest63 Doesn't sound fun, to say the least. Hope you feel better and get to go home soon.
Nearly 50 years since I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and it loves to remind me now and again that it is still there. It’s time to listen to the clever people, look at my whole lifestyle, diet, stress, long work hours and look for a more holistic approach to life. Even if I don’t live any longer it may prove a bit more pleasurable

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I expect tomorrow I will not be able to lift my arms up

I can confirm that Bicep Ache-age is at high levels.
Hand pains around the knuckles and wrist also present but I think that might be the FMS kicking in.
Oh deep joy.

At least I can still scratch my arse if necessary.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Nearly 50 years since I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and it loves to remind me now and again that it is still there. It’s time to listen to the clever people, look at my whole lifestyle, diet, stress, long work hours and look for a more holistic approach to life. Even if I don’t live any longer it may prove a bit more pleasurable
Take care, hope you're at least out of hospital soon.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Tempest63,

Has any medicine helped your Crohn’s disease ?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I’ve been stuck in a side room in Chelmsford hospital since Wednesday so I’ve been doing Jack Sh*t. If I can’t do it on a phone or iPad it cannot be done.

Bit of excitement last night when they transferred me from a side room on one ward to a side room on another ward and it kicked off in A&E and the car park outside. Porters and security running towards A&E, one pushing a trolley/bed so someone was down.

What wasn’t so exciting was grandson No3 was in A&E having a head wound glued after he fell yesterday. Being so young he got taken for treatment early and missed the violence. When I learnt he was there I asked to visit him and was sternly told to get back in my room.

Another couple of days likely before I’m home, but following last nights move I can now nominate one person, Mrs T63, to visit me. Same visitor each day and they can only do one of the visiting times not both. And they have to be booked in.
They're not allowed to stop you walking about ...

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I finished off the quoits today

20210713_133459.png

20210713_162304.png

20210717_110318.png

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Dropped off a "care package" at my brothers, with a few extra long lasting supplies (although I suspect the chocolate will be gone before too long) since we're in extended lockdown. Little interaction, due to restrictions, but the few books I included might help fight boredom...

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Just got home from best day of the year so far.

Been swimming, bodyboarding and snorkelling off the South coast, followed by a picnic with my lady on the beach - a surprisingly uncrowded Bognor Regis (aka little Italy) and a stop-off for a beautifully chilled pint in a pub garden on the way home.

For a few hours I forgot it's supposed to be the end of the world as we know it!

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Started fixing some garden lamps in the shed earlier, until the outside temp reached 36.7°C and it was 45° in the shed, sweat dripping off my nose, then i packed it in for the day.

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
Done F all today. Too hot.
I put fuel and screen wash in the car. That's it.
It HAS been too hot today. But I managed to make sure I've got respectable clothes for my first customer visit tomorrow since last March. And I've checked that Zoe the Saab has all appropriate fluids for the trip. Even managed to diagnose a couple of faults - the road speed sensor has stopped working and the connection to the brake fluid warning light needed cleaning. When I find the road speed sensor hopefully the problem with that is also a dodgy connection.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We had temperatures of 30C today which seemed a sensible enough reason for Techy to drag me round t'lanes on 'tmokes. :rolleyes:

Had fun though, a loop of 45-odd miles with three stops for iced coffee, tea and cake and bitter shandy. :)

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
I waited for the sun to go off the front garden so as to carry on with the weeding. Previous people had put down gravel over a membrane which has degraded enough for weeds to grow but still makes them a bu88er to pull out! I'm trying to remove the gravel and the membrane but it's a slow process.

However I fell asleep after lunch while reading and when I woke up no longer felt like it!

So I took a jig-saw to bits instead. It was the one I'd put together while watching England get through to the finals and was a scene from ... er ... Italy so I feel partially responsible for jinxing them. :( Mind you if I really had those sort of magical powers I'd use them to jinx something more important than a football match!

That was a lot of words to admit I've done sweet FA !

Sollywos x

Beresford

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Took my daughter to a safari park today. Some of the attractions are closed due to COVID, but they've added a couple of decent new ones. Lots of walking (and for me, plenty of driving). Good time had by all.

Recently bought a new car so there was no way I was going near the monkey enclosure. I've seen what they can do to cars.

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
OH YES! He's back in black. :hyper:

Went to the customer mentioned above. One who bought my software so long ago I'd forgotten they had. (In fact they may have bought it through the website and due to 'events' I wouldn't have had a record).

As some know, I've had a difficult time with health over the last couple of years, both physical and mental, although I've been gradually improving this year, and my concern about the seriousness of my illnesses has been resolved - because of the similarity of some symptoms I was very worried I'd the same cancer as my wife.

So, I was pretty apprehensive on the drive out whether the old skills were still operative. Dire reports from the customer, product crashing, vital application, must be fixed or will have to be replaced, come for the day and we'll review. And also worried about could I still deal with strangers in a business situation - my house has become my comfort blanket in lockdown.

Identified the problem in an hour. Wasn't even caused by my product but a misconfiguration of the environment. Managed to do so and get it fixed without getting the in house techie into trouble for panicking.

Boss who called me in had been pinged and was isolating. Got a personal phone call on the way home promising to pay me for the whole day in gratitude. Purchasing manager wants to get up-to-date - that's a sale as well - 'kerching'

I feel 10 years younger and useful again.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Lazed.

Put a coat of rattle can primer on my Panther. I can't see myself being able to delay deploying the airbrush much longer...

Lunch.

Went to the gym for a session under freedom! 90 minutes of effort with no poxy masks and one-way system, then retrieved my kit from the locker (back in use!) and had a shower (back in use!). Sanity begins to return!

A good day.

maximus otter

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I have had a useful day.
A friend knocked at about 10am so we went for a tramp in the woods.
(I'll leave that for someone else to make the joke)
Collected the Kuga from Fix-Auto at Stevenage, so it now has all the wheels refurbished into Gloss Black, a nasty scratch on the front bumper repaired, a new door handle and lock cos the original was falling apart, and a couple of other bits done.
Then I went and collected my bicycle from Cyclehub in Hatfield. They have replaced the original saddle with a 'comfort' saddle (I did ask if the original is therefore called a 'discomfort' saddle), the handlebars have been raised by about 3 inches with an extender bar on the headstock to stop me getting neck-ache when riding, and he has serviced the gear-change and brakes.
Only charged me for the extender bar (£31).
Then I went into town, paid in my 'freedom cheque'!
The bank woman said 'What's that then?' and I had to explain it was my tax rebate (over £400...nice).
'But why do you call it a freedom cheque?'
'Because today has been called freedom day hasn't it'
'Oh.....okay....'
That particular bank person is singularly humourless unfortunately. I expect she is the person that if she goes to the Comedy Club is the one sitting there stony faced throughout.
And then I also paid some of my water rates.

And spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in front of my big fan.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
Lazed.

Put a coat of rattle can primer on my Panther. I can't see myself being able to delay deploying the airbrush much longer...

Lunch.

Went to the gym for a session under freedom! 90 minutes of effort with no poxy masks and one-way system, then retrieved my kit from the locker (back in use!) and had a shower (back in use!). Sanity begins to return!

A good day.

maximus otter
Ha coincidence - been fettling the 1/4 scale King Tiger today , 'til it got too hot in the garage and that was me done.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Started work on another quoits rack, as i had enough scrap wood, lengths of dowel and enough rings for 5 sets and finished one of the outdoor lamps, by then the temp in the shed as 58°C and i could stand no more so i came in for a lay down wth and iced drink with my fan on full blast

Last edited:

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
Pics or it didn’t happen.

;)

maximus otter
It's in what appears to be a million bits at the moment to rectify some "interesting" wiring, so not much to photo. There are piccies of it on an image search on the interweb - it's the dunkelgelb one numbered 214. If you search You Tube there are some vids of it apparently - one is "1/4 scale King Tiger at Ally Pally" .