What Have You Been Doing Today?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I've been fixing my bed. It's a standard 1990s pine frame with wooden slats underneath. For some reason only half the slats were fastened down so they moved. One had come out of the frame at one end and my mattress was sinking on one side and it was all getting silly.
So I got in there with the drill and taught it a lesson.

Wonder why some slats weren't attached? I have disassembled and reassembled the bed several times over the years according to its original instructions and it's always been like that.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
I've been fixing my bed. It's a standard 1990s pine frame with wooden slats underneath. For some reason only half the slats were fastened down so they moved. One had come out of the frame at one end and my mattress was sinking on one side and it was all getting silly.

Wonder why some slats weren't attached? I have disassembled and reassembled the bed several times over the years according to its original instructions and it's always been like that.
Here's your new bed...
wooden-bedroom-furniture-500x500.jpg

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

I think I found a picture of the old bed.

old bed.png

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Your lucky to have a bed.

I sleep on a Z bed.

Dad wont clear out my room enough to get a real one.

(Come to think of it, I bet there is a real bed underneath his junk)

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I have one of those big cheap laundry bags under my bed with my winter cycling gear in.

A few years ago the zip broke so today i had a brainwave which resulted in replacing the broken zip with a new posh one.

That's what you get for buying a big bag of assorted zips.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Getting a massive headache because of the heat. Heaven knows what I'll be like on Thursday.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Getting a massive headache because of the heat. Heaven knows what I'll be like on Thursday.

I empathise with you, I was a bit brain groggy earlier today.

Recycled1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I've been in the sea again. Lovely -I saw several shoals of tiny fish in the shallow water.
I see very few fellow oap's in the water. (I'm 74.)
What a waste! A lot of locals say "Oh I don't go down to the beach this weather -it's packed!"
The beach may be , but the sea isn't!

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Trevp666

Reaction score
I had a very nice trip to Walton-On-The-Naze today.
Picked up my friend at 9.45 and off we went out along the A414, A10 & A120, A133 and we arrived there at 11.30.
Seemed like a much longer drive than it was the last time I went there, but I think the last time I went there was when I had my Astra 2.2 SRi which would have definitely made the journey considerably quicker.

And what a lovely day.
Clear blue skies. Walton sea front not too busy.
Had a Bacon Roll and a Latte for lunch from the food hut next to the Naze Tower.
My god they're poorly organised and extremely slow, but nice people and could possibly have been volunteers so I shouldn't complain.
But if they were paid employees they need a rocket up their arses FFS.
So anyways, when we got there we parked up by the Naze Tower (which I remarked was a good job they didn't mis-spell it or it could have been the Nazi Tower), had our lunch, and then walked along the beach most of the way towards the pier, but when it got too busy on the beach we took to the main pavement by the road instead.
Went into the amusements on the pier.
The pier itself is in dire need of modernising and is severely unloved and run-down.
The 'amusements' are a terrible rip off and I can thoroughly recommend avoiding them totally.
The general standard of decoration and maintenance is extremely lacklustre.
The whole shebang needs serious investment.
And there is no way it is due to being shut down for the past year. This sort of lack of effort takes years and years to perfect.
I think the owners have just used it as a way of extracting as much money as possible from people.
Anyway after that we walked back through the town centre, such as it is, looking at the random and seemingly out-of-place shops (Air rifle anyone? Or maybe a waving lucky cat available in several sizes?), then had an overpriced ice-cream,
"Can I have a drizzle of chocolate sauce please?"
"Yes......extra 30p...."
"Blimey" I said, "You're lining your pockets aren't you?"
And we headed back to the car, realising that I caught the sun a bit on my neck and arms....but not too much.

Bloody glad of decent air-con in the car too.
29c outside - 16c inside.
And back home at 4.30

Last edited:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I've been in the sea again. Lovely -I saw several shoals of tiny fish in the shallow water.
I see very few fellow oap's in the water. (I'm 74.)
What a waste! A lot of locals say "Oh I don't go down to the beach this weather -it's packed!"
The beach may be , but the sea isn't!
*faint two-note tuba music*

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Cursing Covid, cursing the lockdown, cursing the weather, oh look, Opening Ceremony for the Olympics is on tonight, Godzilla might turn up...

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Rubbed down mums front doorframe and garage door frame, glossed the door frame but mums expecting a delivery of new worktops for the kitchen (which I have to fit when the new oven and hob get delivered) so can't gloss the garage frame until the delivery arrives as the delivery guys are bound to feck it up.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was preparing our dinner (pork tenderloin) whilst herself was preparing the dog biscuits. She got so fed up with looking at the additives that they put in dog biscuits she decided to make her own and trawled the internet for a recipe with only 3 ingredients. The peanut butter she uses has only peanuts in it; no palm oil no nuffink. This is pure love for your dogs.
828A05B5-C8A4-42BB-9A70-D8CDCAB895CE.jpeg
E2DA18F0-1579-449C-87D4-DFB8D5D7E934.jpeg

Trevp666

Reaction score
You forgot the very last line.
"Add label that says 'Dog Biscuits' to avoid inadvertent human consumption"

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Rubbed down mums front doorframe and garage door frame, glossed the door frame but mums expecting a delivery of new worktops for the kitchen (which I have to fit when the new oven and hob get delivered) so can't gloss the garage frame until the delivery arrives as the delivery guys are bound to feck it up.
Update.

Worktops and new kitchen unit delivered and glossing on the garage doorframe complete. Oven and hob being delivered Monday, so looks like I'm sorting mums kitchen out next week, have to make a unit to put the oven in, got to be up at worktop level because mums knees are bad and she has trouble getting down to use the oven on the cooker they have.
Anyone want to buy a gas cooker? It's not that old and works perfectly.

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Our dog has repeatedly been sniffing a corner of the garden. Today she saw our dog Dolly sniffing something. It turned out to be a baby deer mouse. Our vicious hunter dog was licking it to look after it!

Our youngest lives next door and has taken to trying to look after it.

I will now re look at the garden to discourage any more. I'm unsure if a couple of them could create a bigger problem.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Our dog has repeatedly been sniffing a corner of the garden. Today she saw our dog Dolly sniffing something. It turned out to be a baby deer mouse. Our vicious hunter dog was licking it to look after it!

Our youngest lives next door and has taken to trying to look after it.

I will now re look at the garden to discourage any more. I'm unsure if a couple of them could create a bigger problem.
Aren't they quite rare?