What Have You Been Doing Today?

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Mytho I'm not sure. I'm off after tomorrow so have the chance to look up.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Mytho I'm not sure. I'm off after tomorrow so have the chance to look up.
OK, not so rare.
Also, known carriers of viruses! Be careful.

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I have read of virus'. TommorowI will clear clutter and remove all long grass from the back of the garden.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Since Tokyo is hosting the Olympics, I am honouring all things Japanese by watching Full Metal Alchemist...

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Apparently there's a new style at the Tokyo Olympics to go with the backstroke and breaststroke - the heatstroke.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
As mentioned in the ' what were you doing 5 minutes ago' thread, I've been busy putting a new worktop and building a housing for mums new oven.

20210729_104057.png

20210729_130206.png

20210729_171640.png

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
As both the In House GP and I return to work on Monday after a fortnight off, we thought we'd have one last beach blast. The weather didn't look great, but it ended up absolutely beautiful at Bigbury. IHGP and ankle biters frolicked in the waves and I watched from a rocky perch.

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
Selling off another field. I know most of you don't have fields to sell, but these are chunks of Welsh mountainside we got free with the house. Back then they were only any good for winter grazing for sheep (where the drainage worked). This is the last one - the remaining small one stays with the house, because it is in effect the front garden.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
That's a lovely toy box. Did you make all the other things in the pictures as well?
I've been turning a couple of small cigar boxes into more decorative ones as I like boxes.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
That's a lovely toy box. Did you make all the other things in the pictures as well?
I've been turning a couple of small cigar boxes into more decorative ones as I like boxes.
Mom made the noughts & crosses games with a little help from me, and my auntie knits the dolls, there are a couple of bits of jewellery I bought from charity shops but all the rest I made myself.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The wheelie bin was emptied/washed today so I before I put the liner in I decided to sprinkle salt in it. Keep away the insects and nasty smells, y'know.

Couldn't find the salt but did come across a winter path-clearing preparation. It was probably mainly salt so I lobbed some of that in.
Ice clear.jpg

It didn't look like salt so I checked the back of the tub -

urea.jpg

Urea. Urea?
So now when my bin gets wet it will smell of wee. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: When I told Escette she replied 'Well at least everyone else will know whose it is!'

Last edited:

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Same old, same old ...
Working in my shop.
Plus side: we've been entered for a (non-financial) prize winning competition in our field - dog friendly firms/places.
Minus side: Being asked by a potential customer, looking at our products "So there's nothing in these that will poison a dog?"

Now you might understand that I completely sympathise with Bernard Black from the (to me documentary series) Black Books.

At least tomorrow is our only day off and we can mooch around with no real commitment to effort and/or emotion. :)

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Minus side: Being asked by a potential customer, looking at our products "So there's nothing in these that will poison a dog?"
Some people truly do not engage their brains before opening their gobs.
Maybe you should have said "we formulated it to kill dogs slowly and painfully" or "it has chocolate in it, what's not to like?" and watched their facial expression.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
After years in retail, I've heard many variations on a theme.
A recent one, not offensive or unreasonable, but irritating is ...

Customer enters shop.
Me, greeting customer: "Hello!"
Customer: "Hello. How are you? Are you okay?"

I have to restrain myself from saying: "Well, I think I might have covid but I thought 'what the Hell' and dragged my carcass in anyhow. Just stand a yard or so from the counter, stop bloody picking up things to sniff or squeeze, and we both should get through all this without fuss, eh?"

Then I realise I'm not allowed to be a Basil Fawlty if I want to pay the bills. ;)

Last edited:

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The wheelie bin was emptied/washed today so I before I put the liner in I decided to sprinkle salt in it. Keep away the insects and nasty smells, y'know.

Couldn't find the salt but did come across a winter path-clearing preparation. It was probably mainly salt so I lobbed some of that in.
View attachment 43019

It didn't look like salt so I checked the back of the tub -

View attachment 43020

Urea. Urea?
So now when my bin gets wet it will smell of wee. :rolleyes:
There are worse things to have in your bin...
Oscarthegrouchy.jpg

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
After years in retail, I've heard many variations on a theme.
A recent one, not offensive or unreasonable, but irritating is ...

Customer enters shop.
Me, greeting customer: "Hello!"
Customer: "Hello. How are you? Are you okay?"

I have to restrain myself from saying: "Well, I think I might have covid but I thought 'what the Hell' and dragged my carcass in anyhow. Just stand a yard or so from the counter, stop bloody picking up things to sniff or squeeze, and we both should get through all this without fuss, eh?"

Then I realise I'm not allowed to be a Basil Fawlty if I want to pay the bills. ;)
I actually like customers like that. I usually get instead: (me) "Hello!" .. (customer) "Can I get ......" .... ignorant. It's not like I want to become friends mate, how hard is it so say hello or hi back? .. do you all work for Elon Musk and he's waiting with his engine running in the car park and time is money?.