What Have You Been Doing Today?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I actually like customers like that. I usually get instead: (me) "Hello!" .. (customer) "Can I get ......" .... ignorant. It's not like I want to become friends mate, how hard is it so say hello or hi back? .. do you all work for Elon Musk and he's waiting with his engine running in the car park and time is money?.
In a shop/cafe/pub where I'm expecting service I ask 'May I please have' whatever it is. It sounds both polite and sophisticated. :)

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The wheelie bin was emptied/washed today so I before I put the liner in I decided to sprinkle salt in it. Keep away the insects and nasty smells, y'know.

Couldn't find the salt but did come across a winter path-clearing preparation. It was probably mainly salt so I lobbed some of that in.
View attachment 43019

It didn't look like salt so I checked the back of the tub -

View attachment 43020

Urea. Urea?
So now when my bin gets wet it will smell of wee. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: When I told Escette she replied 'Well at least everyone else will know whose it is!'
Hope it doesn't react with recycled plastic?

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
I use Jeyes fluid to clean out bins, scrub down concrete etc.
I know, I know, it's not eco-friendly ... but sometimes you use the most effective tool to complete a job.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Going out this evening to do our local town's Ball Race, organised by the local branch of the British Lions.
All good clean fun, raises money for charity etc.
But, as a Lion, it brings home the feeling that, even in my late-fifties, I'm a youngster in an organisation that could do with some fresh blood considering it's fine aims and objectives.
It's like living in an elderly care home and wanting to organise a fund-raising disco. Nice in theory but ...

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I use Jeyes fluid to clean out bins, scrub down concrete etc.
I know, I know, it's not eco-friendly ... but sometimes you use the most effective tool to complete a job.
We have a Wheely Wash crew coming round to do the bin.
They hadn't been for a while - equipment problems, apparently - so Techy cleaned it last last week and THEN they rolled up. :chuckle:

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Going out this evening to do our local town's Ball Race, organised by the local branch of the British Lions.
All good clean fun, raises money for charity etc.
But, as a Lion, it brings home the feeling that, even in my late-fifties, I'm a youngster in an organisation that could do with some fresh blood considering it's fine aims and objectives.
It's like living in an elderly care home and wanting to organise a fund-raising disco. Nice in theory but ...
'Scuse my ignorance but what is a Ball Race?

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Been painting a huge concrete block shed all day today, and I haven't even done half of it :( concrete blocks are a bitch to paint.

20210804_110226.png

20210804_152231.png

20210804_152243.png

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
concrete blocks are a bitch to paint

The 'ronseal' pressure sprayer reduces painting time by about 97% (not actually worked out but it seems like it).
Much better than using a 2" brush.
I was doing my fences not so long ago.
1 panel with a 4" brush took me about 1/2 an hour.
About the same time it took to do 14 panels with the sprayer that I subsequently bought.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
The 'ronseal' pressure sprayer reduces painting time by about 97% (not actually worked out but it seems like it).
Much better than using a 2" brush.
I was doing my fences not so long ago.
1 panel with a 4" brush took me about 1/2 an hour.
About the same time it took to do 14 panels with the sprayer that I subsequently bought.
The customer wants masonry paint which is very thick and viscous so wont function in a non- industrial paint sprayer, and I haven't got a spare grand for one of those

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Went to the Pharmacy Practice Suite to drop off 14 large boxes of accoutrements - found the light switch and nearly stumbled over Mr Charisma here. They have a wide selection of dummy heads, why choose the one that looks like the patient is unlikely respond to treatment as he died (horribly) weeks ago ?

Dummy_01.jpgDummy_02.jpg
Dummy_03.jpg

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Went to the Pharmacy Practice Suite to drop off 14 large boxes of accoutrements - found the light switch and nearly stumbled over Mr Charisma here. They have a wide selection of dummy heads, why choose the one that looks like the patient is unlikely respond to treatment as he died (horribly) weeks ago ?

View attachment 43079
View attachment 43081
This is what I look like after watching the coverage on Election Night - but better dressed! And with more equipment!:reyes:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
'Scuse my ignorance but what is a Ball Race?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09r9z7l

Yeah, we all know (and can predict) the Carry On style humour - and we embrace it - but it's basically a charity raffle, but more visual and involving (this year) 2000 balls being dropped down a bloody steep hill! :)

Not much, I know, and not as 'traditional' as, say, cheese rolling but it has been going on since about ten years ago? This year was a first - we'd sold all 2000 balls! :)

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09r9z7l

Yeah, we all know (and can predict) the Carry On style humour - and we embrace it - but it's basically a charity raffle, but more visual and involving (this year) 2000 balls being dropped down a bloody steep hill! :)

Not much, I know, and not as 'traditional' as, say, cheese rolling but it has been going on since about ten years ago? This year was a first - we'd sold all 2000 balls! :)
That hasn’t cleared things up for me.. Are you saying 2000 [presumably numbered] balls are released simultaneously at the top of the hill & the winner is the first to reach the bottom? [ooer missus]