What Have You Been Doing Today?

Stillill

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I spent the afternoon with my son and two granddaughters. First time I’ve seen my son this year as things between us have been a bit strained recently. We all had a great time together and I’m delighted we are back on track.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Finally got my hair cut! It's been about a year since I last got it cut, because of all the lockdown nonsense.
This week, I haven't been doing job number 2 - so I had Monday and Friday free.
Also, I did some recycling today... bottles, cardboard.
Then I hung around waiting for Sky to call. Which they didn't.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Not what I have been doing, but what I'm about to do.
A visit to my local battle-cruiser.
First time since things got opened up recently.
The last visit to a pub was last summer when things sort-of-opened for several weeks.
We went in, got read the new riot act restrictions and were shepherded around the bar and one-way signage, added our (made up) names to the register of fools etc etc before managing to get a pint, which after drinking I stood up and said very loudly "This is all bullshit!" or words to that effect, and didn't bother again.

Hopefully I can go in there, go to the bar, get a pint, and it will all be normal.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Finally finished the fecking shed, yay!
Then I built a sand box on a stand for my cousins kids, kid, then started building a suspended shelf unit in the fecking shed :p

20210806_143904.png

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
This week, I haven't been doing job number 2 - so I had Monday and Friday free.
I misunderstood that on first reading. I thought you meant you were taking a couple of days off while the senocot did it's stuff! Yikes too much information!

duh

sollywos x

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
I misunderstood that on first reading. I thought you meant you were taking a couple of days off while the senocot did it's stuff! Yikes too much information!

duh

sollywos x
Haha, no - I had 2 part-time jobs and I just quit my 2-days-a-week job. So now I'm just doing 3 days a week.
I'll be a lot poorer, but more relaxed.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Haha, no - I had 2 part-time jobs and I just quit my 2-days-a-week job. So now I'm just doing 3 days a week.
I'll be a lot poorer, but more relaxed.
Yes I remembered you mentioning it once I'd got to the end of the post! ha! ha!

Hope you are enjoying your extra time, :)

Trevp666

Reaction score
A visit to my local battle-cruiser.

I can confirm that the whole of the visit was all as though the past 18 months of 'rona had never happened.
Eerily 'normal'. And the prices had not increased at all.
I say 'normal' inasmuch as it was packed with the usual collection of local flotsam and jetsam of human life.
The very loud, extremely common, 'fishwife' who gets progressively drunker and louder, and has one of those annoying screechy voices that you can hear wherever you are in the pub.
The several bearded 20-something tattooed blokes that dress like they were planning on going to the gym but instead decided to go to the pub and play pool, whilst generally being obnoxious.
The two older blokes that always seem to be propping up the bar and insisting on being served first.
The collection of smokers that congregate outside the doors both at the back and the front of the pub.
The family with their toddler, and the several people that always go in the pub together with them, who all always insist on having the same table, and basically treat the pub like their second home.
The grumpy, cantankerous, misanthropic 50-something bloke, who doesn't really talk to anyone except the handful of people he actually knows, and sits in judgement of everyone in there.
(That last one is me!)

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
We went to meet the artist Jeffrey Pratt at an exhibition of his work in Chelmsford today. He had a diverse collection on display and as Mrs T63 has bought a couple of small pieces in the past we were given the opportunity to rub shoulders with the great and good of the Chelmsford art scene. The man himself was really nice and when he discovered we had a couple of pieces at home he gifted us an autographed book.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I can confirm that the whole of the visit was all as though the past 18 months of 'rona had never happened.
Eerily 'normal'. And the prices had not increased at all.
I say 'normal' inasmuch as it was packed with the usual collection of local flotsam and jetsam of human life.
The very loud, extremely common, 'fishwife' who gets progressively drunker and louder, and has one of those annoying screechy voices that you can hear wherever you are in the pub.
The several bearded 20-something tattooed blokes that dress like they were planning on going to the gym but instead decided to go to the pub and play pool, whilst generally being obnoxious.
The two older blokes that always seem to be propping up the bar and insisting on being served first.
The collection of smokers that congregate outside the doors both at the back and the front of the pub.
The family with their toddler, and the several people that always go in the pub together with them, who all always insist on having the same table, and basically treat the pub like their second home.
The grumpy, cantankerous, misanthropic 50-something bloke, who doesn't really talk to anyone except the handful of people he actually knows, and sits in judgement of everyone in there.
(That last one is me!)
So, this is you....
Caretaker_in_Human_form-2.jpg

Trevp666

Reaction score
I think it's actually a banjolele....

Trevp666

Reaction score
Oi! I didn't want to give the game away too soon.....
Anyways, it's difficult learning how to play any instrument when your eyes point in different directions.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Oi! I didn't want to give the game away too soon.....
Anyways, it's difficult learning how to play any instrument when your eyes point in different directions.
It's a picture from Star Trek, and he's called Banjo Man...

Trevp666

Reaction score
I thought I recognised him - from Voyager yeah? The Caretaker?

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
"Well this is new to me .." Something you don't want to hear from the driver as the train sits motionless outside Amersham in the lashing rain.
"Hold on, just getting a new call from Control" A few minutes later he explained that the Metropolitan Line had refused to let us (Chiltern Railways) use their tracks. But then they did and I got to Work.

Trevp666

Reaction score
I visited the 'Galleria' in Hatfield today (locally called the 'Gonorrhoea').
I wanted to replace my 'hiking boots' (basically fancy waterproof trainers).
It always appeared to have at least 95% occupancy of it's retail units, so the ones that were empty were mostly 'between lets' it seemed, so I was a bit shocked by the amount of stores in there that were their version of 'boarded up' (gaily coloured vinyl covering the windows proclaiming stuff like 'come to the Galleria').
In my estimation I would say that they are now at about 65%-70% occupancy.

I did manage to get some boots from Sports Direct though. £30 (half-price) 'Gelert' ones in a sort of cobalt blue colour.
And as soon as I got home I went for a walk around the park in them and managed to step in some dogs business.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I visited the 'Galleria' in Hatfield today (locally called the 'Gonorrhoea').
I wanted to replace my 'hiking boots' (basically fancy waterproof trainers).
It always appeared to have at least 95% occupancy of it's retail units, so the ones that were empty were mostly 'between lets' it seemed, so I was a bit shocked by the amount of stores in there that were their version of 'boarded up' (gaily coloured vinyl covering the windows proclaiming stuff like 'come to the Galleria').
In my estimation I would say that they are now at about 65%-70% occupancy.

I did manage to get some boots from Sports Direct though. £30 (half-price) 'Gelert' ones in a sort of cobalt blue colour.
And as soon as I got home I went for a walk around the park in them and managed to step in some dogs business.
I have a pair of lightweight blue Brasher boots which have served me well for over 15 years now

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
How fitting. 'Gelert' is the name of a famous dog.