What Have You Been Doing Today?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Chatting with one of my mates via a facebook phone call ... a fly that's been pissing her off landed in her orange squash but she felt bad for it so she's just poured the drink onto her back lawn so it didn't drown to death .. so she's clearly a closet Buddhist .. and she nags me even more than the Mrs about stuff I'm supposed to be doing which the Mrs finds funny so basically I've been being nagged out by good intentioned women today .. I need a shed I can hide in.

edit: .. and I online hooked back up with an old family friend .. he's one of those people that you'll rarely meet because he excels at everything he does ... everything, and he somehow manages to not be annoying about it unlike 99% of other people who are ace at everything they do ... when he wasn't being a doctor who stuck up for me when I was training in the NHS and nurses were covering up for him by finding beds he could sleep on, he was being promoted a lot .. surgeon: he cut a small lump out of my Dad's head round our house, then gynaecologist: my Mum used to call him 'the fanny mechanic', then consultant, then up to being 'Mr' ..... so he can access anyone's medical files .. he gifted me some cool furniture when I was younger which we still have .. when he'd finished helping my Dad build a 4 birth garage, he designed an amazing crash pad at the same time as marrying the then head of Nestle marketing then 'assisting' his wife in having two nice kids ... then he was hand building Lotus Super 7 sports cars .......... he's Japanese and his Gran owned half a skyscraper in Patten Square in Hong Kong that my parents once attended a banquet in ... he's also awesome on the electric guitar playing in a rock band .. some people can just do everything can't they? .. but he's an absolute dude so good! ...

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Chatting with one of my mates via a facebook phone call ... a fly that's been pissing her off landed in her orange squash but she felt bad for it so she's just poured the drink onto her back lawn so it didn't drown to death .. so she's clearly a closet Buddhist .. and she nags me even more than the Mrs about stuff I'm supposed to be doing which the Mrs finds funny so basically I've been being nagged out by good intentioned women today .. I need a shed I can hide in.
Building a shed is your new project!

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

Trevp666

Reaction score
Today I am avoiding mowing the grass and trimming the slightly overgrown hedge.
I would rush out there now with the appropriate toolage, but there is rain approaching.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Today I am avoiding mowing the grass and trimming the slightly overgrown hedge.
I would rush out there now with the appropriate toolage, but there is rain approaching.
Have you seen the NetWeather radar map? There is a straight vertical column of rain, the length of the country, drifting east.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Have you seen the NetWeather radar map? There is a straight vertical column of rain, the length of the country, drifting east.
Well I've been doing a check every half hour on my seaweed and pine cones, and I noticed that the cows were starting to lay down, and the crows were flying from west to east, so I give it until about 12 noon until jackets are required.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Well I've been doing a check every half hour on my seaweed and pine cones, and I noticed that the cows were starting to lay down, and the crows were flying from west to east, so I give it until about 12 noon until jackets are required.
We went for a bike ride. I took a waterproof in case it rained, which it did, and I had to give Techy the sleeveless jacket I'd gone out in because he was too intelligent to take his own waterproof.

Trevp666

Reaction score
As it happened, here it didn't rain until about 4.30 and that has only been a continuous light sprinkle.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I had a day off work today, so I decided to do as little as I could get away with. Took the dog for a walk, cooked myself lunch and then basically dossed around, and it was luvvverly.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I washed although they forecast rain. At the moment it's quite windy and I yanked out some of the thistles that have come up everywhere where the large native tree had to be taken out.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Backstory - last had a haircut in late April/early May. Needed a haircut in late July - since I'm bald, i like to get it cut short on a regular basis. By the time I needed haircut in late July, Sydney entered a lockdown, very few shops open, essential services only. Fed up with looking like a wild man, I bought a home cut electric clipper, and @Tigerhawk went to town - now I feel so much better with short hair...

Before -
640-02949225en_Masterfile.jpg

After -

afc22d434ee53f6a3a0c1892cd52961b.jpg

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Today, I took more stuff to the Keech charity shop.
Lounge is now a bit clearer.

Trevp666

Reaction score
A friend of mine used to rent one room in another friends house.
You could get the door open just enough to get in there, but beyond that the floor was about 10 inches deep in books. And not neatly stacked, just randomly strewn across the floor like some kind of literary carpet.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A friend of mine used to rent one room in another friends house.
You could get the door open just enough to get in there, but beyond that the floor was about 10 inches deep in books. And not neatly stacked, just randomly strewn across the floor like some kind of literary carpet.
I can imagine...
books21.jpg

Trevp666

Reaction score
That is pretty much correct, except his were a bit more careworn....

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Went to the Pharmacy Practice Suite to drop off 14 large boxes of accoutrements - found the light switch and nearly stumbled over Mr Charisma here. They have a wide selection of dummy heads, why choose the one that looks like the patient is unlikely respond to treatment as he died (horribly) weeks ago ?

View attachment 43079View attachment 43080
View attachment 43081
Jeezus - nearly had a wobbly in the Pharmacy Practice Suite again. He/she is vaguely less scary when clothed and with real hair - but still a six-pinter if it ever came to CPR.
Dummy_0565.jpg Dummy_0564.jpg